The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #151
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That's one thing I didn't like about TA, the human character's reactions to Gods and aliens were TOO nonchalant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
Captain America- "An army... from outer space?"
Quote:
His reaction should've been more like "what in the hell, an actual army of ALIENS from outer space!!??"
The thing is you have to assume that all the events from the individual films made the news and were covered in some way. Even in that small town that Thor and the Destroyer fought in I'm sure someone had a video camera on their phone and recorded some of it for youtube. So basically you're not seeing anybodies first reaction to that stuff. I thought the reactions to people seeing Thor become Thor were pretty much along the lines of what you're looking for.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #152
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I think Balder likely is not going to exist in the MCU. True, he was in an early draft of the Thor1 script. But there wasn't enough room to deal with his story, so they cut him. And now it's kind of too late (unless they make him just some random unrelated Asgardian, as Jon suggests above. But if they're going to do that, why bother calling him Balder? Why not, for example, "Kemper" )

Scholars think that Baldr was added to the myths when Scandinavia was Christianized, so Marvel could explain the reference to Balder in the book along those lines.

They actually could explain away any of a number of elements from myth that they don't want to use in Marvel continuities in a similar manner. Someone makes up something, and before you know it, it's taken on a life of its own. (enough to populate the entire snopes.com website).

A couple of examples: the idea that Vikings had horns in their helmets. Didn't happen. But it appears commonly enough in culture that it has its own entry on the TV Tropes website.

Here's another one: Davy Crockett was a real person. But that doesn't mean he killed him a bear when he was only three. (song reference for those who don't know)

So just because a Midgardian myth says the Norse gods did this or that doesn't mean that the corresponding Marvel Asgardians must have also. They could just say that it was a tall tale that grew up on Midgard around the legend of the Asgardian figure.

Now, the issue of the timing of Thor and Loki being born around 965 CE and having their adventures after that time is a bit more problematic. There is record of Tor/Donar/Thunor/Thunaer/etc. from the 1st, 7th, 8th, and 9th centuries CE. So at best we can say the mythical figure predates the Asgardian and was conflated with the Asgardian (and that, btw, kind of would imply that the Asgardian was named after the Midgardian mythical figure, or that both were named after some third figure that predates them both). But I think it's just an "oops" on the part of the writers, and we'll make a bigger hash of it trying to make it all fit together than to just chalk it up to an "oops".
yeah, I mean. Lol this is being looked into WAY too deeply. I think it was just an easter egg. Whatever they choose to do with or without balder, I am sure it has nothing to do with the myth lol

Old 02-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #153
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
His reaction should've been more like "what in the hell, an actual army of ALIENS from outer space!!??"
Captain America would never say the h, e double hockey sticks word!

Old 02-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #154
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

He'd probably say heck. lol

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #155
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Can we just please get a freaking trailer already! Spiderman doesn't come out until 2014 and they already have art work of his costume.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #156
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Captain America would never say the h, e double hockey sticks word!
.....Didnt he tell Thor "You got the lightning, light the B*stards Up" .....in the Avengers..i would be to sure of that all soliders have potty mouths lol

Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #157
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
Can we just please get a freaking trailer already! Spiderman doesn't come out until 2014 and they already have art work of his costume.
patience my friend, we will get a trailer by April

Old 02-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #158
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
The thing is you have to assume that all the events from the individual films made the news and were covered in some way. Even in that small town that Thor and the Destroyer fought in I'm sure someone had a video camera on their phone and recorded some of it for youtube. So basically you're not seeing anybodies first reaction to that stuff. I thought the reactions to people seeing Thor become Thor were pretty much along the lines of what you're looking for.
But it was clearly Captain America's first since he was frozen during the events of THOR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, I have to admit though, the one small touch that I enjoyed was how Black Widow automatically knew that Thor needed to be present in the room with Banner as they were about to confront him since Thor is the only one among the group that is capable of potentially subduing the Hulk.

It would have been very easy to miss something like that, so I appreciate that they had at least one character recognize on how important it was for everyone that Thor was on the spot. In many ways, Thor is like the Avengers insurance policy in case if Banner is unable to control Hulk from causing a Rampage.
That was a nice touch but it was way too easy to miss in my opinion, but that's just me.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #159
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
But it was clearly Captain America's first since he was frozen during the events of THOR.
Fury might have briefed Cap on Thor. He seems to already be an "employee" or at least associate of SHIELD at the beginning of Avengers. There's apparently a few months that separates Cap's unthawing in CATFA and the actual start of the Avengers movie. There's a deleted scene that features a short montage of Cap "settling in" to (New) New York that was supposed to illustrate that passage of time.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #160
BoredGuy
Killing Time

^ Yeah, those deleted scenes also featured him going over SHIELD files

So I'm sure he was fully briefed on the 'Donald Blake' situation

Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #161
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Fury might have briefed Cap on Thor. He seems to already be an "employee" or at least associate of SHIELD at the beginning of Avengers. There's apparently a few months that separates Cap's unthawing in CATFA and the actual start of the Avengers movie. There's a deleted scene that features a short montage of Cap "settling in" to (New) New York that was supposed to illustrate that passage of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
^ Yeah, those deleted scenes also featured him going over SHIELD files

So I'm sure he was fully briefed on the 'Donald Blake' situation
Even excluding the deleted scenes we know Cap is being briefed with visual footage on the way to the helicarrier, when he's on the Quinjet with Coulson we see him looking at footage of Banner as Hulk (that looks like the same footage that Stark got as part of his info packet), to me it seems logical that Cap also would've been shown the Thor & Destroyer footage (that Stark had on one of his projected screens) from New Mexico and he also probably had footage of Stark/Iron Man as well (whereas Stark had Cap footage on his).

Hope that made sense.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #162
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Even excluding the deleted scenes we know Cap is being briefed with visual footage on the way to the helicarrier, when he's on the Quinjet with Coulson we see him looking at footage of Banner as Hulk (that looks like the same footage that Stark got as part of his info packet), to me it seems logical that Cap also would've been shown the Thor & Destroyer footage (that Stark had on one of his projected screens) from New Mexico and he also probably had footage of Stark/Iron Man as well (whereas Stark had Cap footage on his).

Hope that made sense.

After capturing Loki, Cap even remarks to Iron Man "that guy is a friendly?" when Thor shows up to snag his brother. So obviously Cap had previous knowledge of Thor.

Then there was also the "I've seen the footage" line he gave Stark on the hellicarrier as they were ready to throw down.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #163
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
After capturing Loki, Cap even remarks to Iron Man "that guy is a friendly?" when Thor shows up to snag his brother. So obviously Cap had previous knowledge of Thor.

Then there was also the "I've seen the footage" line he gave Stark on the hellicarrier as they were ready to throw down.
yeah this. Cap was prepared

Though Stark approached it nonchalantly, and banner just didn't seem to give a ****

Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #164
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Starks a drunk and Banner turns into the hulk and has fought the Abom. Still I'm sure they had both seen the news as well.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #165
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Starks a drunk and Banner turns into the hulk and has fought the Abom. Still I'm sure they had both seen the news as well.
exactly my point

Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #166
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
What I meant by that is basically they should look alot faster and stronger than medieval humans during battle. There should be super leaps, enemies being in half, superhuman dodges etc.

I especially don't see why they ride horses in combat since an average asgardian should be alot faster than a horse.
Im cool with wire-fu as long as it doesnt come off looking like X-men last stand. It ended up coming off looking cheezy and fake as hell.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #167
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Im cool with wire-fu as long as it doesnt come off looking like X-men last stand. It ended up coming off looking cheezy and fake as hell.
The fights in X:LS looked worse than X 1's which is crazy because there's a 6 year gap in technology. I wasn't referring to wire work specifically, I just want Asgardians to fight/move in a superhuman manner (ie. "Immortals", "Wrath of The Titans").

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #168
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I haven't seen either of those yet lol Heck I didn't see 300 until i bought it for 3 bucks last year lol I buck a hundred I guess lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #169
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I haven't seen either of those yet lol Heck I didn't see 300 until i bought it for 3 bucks last year lol I buck a hundred I guess lol
They look like this...

Immortals Gods Vs Titans

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Wrath of The Titans - Ares

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #170
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Jamie For Asgard!
http://instagram.com/p/WWTU7qOWxY/

....to every King.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #171
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm excited to see IM's space travel, but ir's weird that he got to fly in space before Thor who's a cosmic level hero.

So hopefully we get some space flight from Thor at some point in Thor:The Dark World as well.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 03-03-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 AM   #172
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

There is such thing as too much of a good thing..

Old 03-03-2013, 03:02 AM   #173
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

But there hasn't been ANY good things yet. lol

....to every King.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #174
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Patience, patience.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #175
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'm hoping we get the first trailer during Iron Man 3. That would be awesome. It makes sense with when Marvel releases first trailers as well (about 6 months before the film's release).

Closed Thread