Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #251
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idun View Post
Fame certainly has its drawbacks, that's for sure. At the same time it's what keeps jobs coming, so a certain amount of fame and attention is necessary. The attention can mess with people's minds, but it's also a confidence boost, provided he/she can handle it.
Hmmm...I think it might be reliant on how much money you want to make too. With Tom's talent I don't think he'd be lacking in work at all, it's just what kind of work it might be and it may not be all glamorous, glitzy jobs. The main thing is by work does an actor/actress consider million dollar paychecks and only huge, mega blockbuster movies work or would they still find low payscale acting gigs in the theater and indie movies work too when not offered huge movie roles? Also does an actor/actress consider themselves only as worthy as the awards they have or are being nominated for? Tom strikes me as the kind of guy who could live without industry accolades because he just loves acting regardless of what he's in.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 02-22-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #252
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

I was, as I tend to be, talking in general terms. I'm not going to even try to make assumptions on what it's like for a specific actor/actress. But a certain amount of fame is necessary to get jobs, and with that I mean that the performance someone gives have to be worth remembering. This is true whether you're in Hollywood or if you stick to national theatres.

As with everyone, the way that someone deals with this, is based on who they are.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #253
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Well, I think some people are just happy to be doing anything regardless of it being a Hollywood thing or not. *shrugs* If you ask me Hollywood is too full of crap eating voyeurs that delight in other people suffering when they get bored. Tom's better off keeping them at arms reach I say and just focusing on his acting regardless of what kind of job he's doing.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #254
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I was just thinking of this but based I think there's a bit of an untamed rock star bubbling underneath Tom's Armani suits that he indulges with roles like Loki and Adam from Only Lovers Left Alive.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #255
elizah72
Side-Kick

Lots of fantastic new photos of Tom from a shoot with Jason Hetherington

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/jason-hetherington

Old 02-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #256
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

*sigh* Let's face it, he's just way out of our fangirl league ladies.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #257
elizah72
Side-Kick

I'm actually okay with that though, lol. I dont think I could handle all the crazy jealous female fans that would then be after my blood.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #258
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Oh my God and I bet you there would be a lot of girls that would seriously want to see you suffer just because you're dating him, that's how jealous some girls can get about a celebrity. It's crazy.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #259
elizah72
Side-Kick

It really is. It's funny/sad what happens on tumblr whenever someone is rumored to be dating him, it's like mass hysterics, and then other people get mad at them for it, and then fighting between the "I hate her for dating him" and the "let him be happy, leave them alone" factions (me being on the second side). With people yelling and insulting each other over something that is really none of our business, and should not be of such importance to us anyway. i try not to pay attention to it but it is aggravating when it starts up because then the tag gets cluttered up with that crap. I mean, the vast majority, if not all of us fangirls, don't have a chance in Hell, so if he finds someone to be happy with then, GREAT! let him be happy, it's none of our business if he's dating someone or not anyway.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #260
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Oh my God...yes...I understand that to be possessive of a man they are not themselves dating is pretty mad crazy! I guess I'm in what you could call a third camp that believes a lot of the dating rumors are spread because the Hollywood Hype machine and Gossip Rags love to play forced matchmaker and set Tom up with people he's not dating hoping they by their actions can spark a relationship, like subtly hinting to either party they're "meant" for each other, like a little Devil whispering in celebrities' ears. Have you ever noticed how a couple the Gossip Rags think are a horrible match are always being maligned while ones they like are left alone? But I digress...Miss Chastain has a boyfriend already and it looks like she's very serious about that relationship. No need for hype to mess that up eh? I think Tom really enjoys his bachelorhood at the moment as well he should until he gets settled and has formulated ways of protecting a woman or man he's in love with from the slings and arrows of an apathetic industry.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #261
StarLord
Believe.

Tom is a great guy, just look at his Twitter page. He takes time to reply to fans.

I genuinley believe that he loves the Loki character.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #262
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I think he genuinely loves his fans too because the loyal ones who would stick by him through thick and thin are the ones that drive his career onwards.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #263
elizah72
Side-Kick

He loves Loki, he loves his fans, he loves everybody.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #264
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

And we all love Tom for just loving what he does.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #265
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
And we all love Tom for just loving what he does.

And fyi, I've decided that I'm going to be logging out now and not coming back to this board any more. I'm not getting into it here, why, but some of you might be able to figure it out.

If any of my friends want to get in touch with me, my tumblr is in my profile and email is prettyfrog72@gmail.com. You are welcome to say hello sometime, and thanks for making this board a bit more enjoyable.

Last edited by elizah72; 02-25-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #266
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post

And fyi, I've decided that I'm going to be logging out now and not coming back to this board any more. I'm not getting into it here, why, but some of you might be able to figure it out.

If any of my friends want to get in touch with me, my tumblr is in my profile and email is prettyfrog72@gmail.com. You are welcome to say hello sometime, and thanks for making this board a bit more enjoyable.
**BIG HUGS**

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 03-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #267
Jenlet
Irritant

So it just dies here?

Old 03-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #268
CastlesInTheAir
Banned User

I honestly hope Loki has a small role in this. I've had enough of him already, villain for Thor, villain for Avengers, if he ends up a villain again I'm going to /facepalm.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #269
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post

NOOOOOO!!! Who will post lovely images of Tom here in this forum now!?!?! *-_-*

Old 03-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #270
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlesInTheAir View Post
I honestly hope Loki has a small role in this. I've had enough of him already, villain for Thor, villain for Avengers, if he ends up a villain again I'm going to /facepalm.
He is a villain, just not the primary villain. he will probably be up to some mischeivous no good. But, it's not like he's going to be a good guy, or have a minor role. It'll probably be a smaller role than Thor 1. Malekith is the villain. Along with Kurse. With Surtur most likely in the backround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
NOOOOOO!!! Who will post lovely images of Tom here in this forum now!?!?! *-_-*
seriously, maybe we can get people talking about Loki in this thread now instead of JUST gushing over Tom. lol

Last edited by jaqua99; 03-03-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #271
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlet View Post
So it just dies here?
lol there are other threads here you know

Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #272
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

I really don't see how Loki could ever be excluded or even dropped into a small role in any of the Thor movies. He seems pretty important to nearly every facet of Thor and that world. Other major villains will come and go, but Loki will always be there in the background, making moves (quite influential moves)

Old 03-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #273
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
I really don't see how Loki could ever be excluded or even dropped into a small role in any of the Thor movies. He seems pretty important to nearly every facet of Thor and that world. Other major villains will come and go, but Loki will always be there in the background, making moves (quite influential moves)
"background" that's the thing

I think he means seeing him as one of the primary antagonists.

Loki will always be there. But This movie, as villains, will center around Malekith, and some Kurse. With some Surtur presence I bet.

Loki will have a role, but due to him being not the primary antagonist, it won't be AS big as it was in the avengers, or even thor 1 for that matter. Probably around Thor 1. Loki's not the main villain in this movie (it would be tedius), so he IS going to have to play second fiddle to Malekith

Old 03-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #274
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
. . . seriously, maybe we can get people talking about Loki in this thread now instead of JUST gushing over Tom. lol

If you think you've seen gushing, just wait until the first official pictures of TDW Loki are released. Long, flowing hair anyone?

Old 03-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #275
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlet View Post
So it just dies here?
This forum is merely the sum of all member contributions, for better or for worse. If you want this discussion to continue, you are certainly welcome to add more posts in the same vein. Having a diversity of contributors is good for the forum.

Anyone who feels like she or he wouldn't be able to find anything suitable I would encourage to give positive feedback to those who do make posts he or she likes. Such feedback could be public or private, but it helps posters to know they are on the right track and that their contributions have been received favorably.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Closed Thread