The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #351
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

True or not,I still got shivers listening to that possible scoop of his

Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #352
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Not really. It's Bruce Wayne. If the people are danger and his presence is required? They could easily have Superman, John Blake, and co. go to him for help, "recruit" him so to speak. Maybe save Bruce doing some actual fighting until the very end, i.e. he is the general, the 'thinker', while Superman and co. are the fighters? Think Sean Connery's character in "The Rock".

Plus...if they got away with the Joker orchestrating the entire car chase, getting bombs into hospitals, ships, etc totally undetected, or the sheer lunacy of Bruce's "death"...they should be able to pull this off just fine.
Well you can do whatever you want, doesn't mean it's good writing. They could make Bale go to a Zoltar machine and make a wish, then walk away into Gotham away from Catwoman and we realize he was a kid the whole time.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #353
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Give me a quote from Nolan or Bale confirming it and I will believe it .
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...184704827.html

R.I.P. Heath
Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #354
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
A later rumor was he was actually approached to play Batman.

But like I said... yet another JL rumor that ultimately means nothing.
Wasn't it something like "If you direct the Justice League movie, you can also be the new Batman in it" kind of thing?

Quote:
Give me a quote from Nolan or Bale confirming it and I will believe it .
Yep. Or a higher up from Warners saying so.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #355
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Well you can do whatever you want, doesn't mean it's good writing. They could make Bale go to a Zoltar machine and make a wish, then walk away into Gotham away from Catwoman and we realize he was a kid the whole time.
The point is they have shown an ability to write absurd stories very well. It is a logical conclusion that the potential is there for them to do it again with JL.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 03-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #356
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

JLA, no.

World's Finest... with Bale/Cavill. YES!

Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #357
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
I was referring to a quote from Bale or Nolan confirming this latest rumor.
Something that either of them said today.
Good Luck finding a link to THAT!

Old 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #358
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
you wont find one even if this is legit the studios/directors/actors deny stuff all the time even if it is true

thats hollywood

Old 03-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #359
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well it's almost 5am in England, give 'em some time mate!

Old 03-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #360
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I'm not buying alot of it. Also, maybe it's just me but i feel as bad ass as Bale being in JLA would be, it would also feel out of place.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #361
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

The story doesnt even say that Bale has agreed to anything,
It assumes based on Bales past comments about Nolans involvement and a good script that he will be onboard if he has those two things.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #362
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

I could see the various parties wanting to do this, and it all depending on the critical and box office success of Man of Steel. Then some of these JL rumors firming up closer to June, so that they can help out Man of Steel at the box office. They could easily attach a stinger. People would go nuts at Bale and JGL walking up to introduce themselves to Cavill as Clark Kent. You do that and -- if Man of Steel is as good as we're hearing, you have another billion dollar hit. How can you not want to top Avengers, if you're Nolan at that point?

Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #363
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
I could see the various parties wanting to do this, and it all depending on the critical and box office success of Man of Steel. Then some of these JL rumors firming up closer to June, so that they can help out Man of Steel at the box office. They could easily attach a stinger. People would go nuts at Bale and JGL walking up to introduce themselves to Cavill as Clark Kent.
Imagine Bale, JGL and Cavill walking out on stage during Comic Con. I'd probably hear the screams all the way here in Michigan!

Old 03-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #364
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Imagine Bale, JGL and Cavill walking out on stage during Comic Con. I'd probably hear the screams all the way here in Michigan!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #365
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I'm not buying alot of it. Also, maybe it's just me but i feel as bad ass as Bale being in JLA would be, it would also feel out of place.
What if they changed him very slightly so he would feel more like the JL or WF bats?

Old 03-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #366
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
One of my JL theories has been that JGL would be some equivalent of knightwing and Bale would be the elder statesman that masterminds whatever they're doing and doesn't get dirty because of his age. Then, in the 3rd act he suits up and you have full on Batman and Superman action. Holy hell that would be great.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #367
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
One of my JL theories has been that JGL would be some equivalent of knightwing and Bale would be the elder statesman that masterminds whatever they're doing and doesn't get dirty because of his age. Then, in the 3rd act he suits up and you have full on Batman and Superman action. Holy hell that would be great.
^ I could get into that. It would be like Batman Beyond.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #368
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
I could see the various parties wanting to do this, and it all depending on the critical and box office success of Man of Steel. Then some of these JL rumors firming up closer to June, so that they can help out Man of Steel at the box office. They could easily attach a stinger. People would go nuts at Bale and JGL walking up to introduce themselves to Cavill as Clark Kent. You do that and -- if Man of Steel is as good as we're hearing, you have another billion dollar hit. How can you not want to top Avengers, if you're Nolan at that point?
Good post Dude

Old 03-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #369
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
^ I could get into that. It would be like Batman Beyond.
Everything is sounding good to me right now

Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #370
Simo
Side-Kick

The only thing about this rumour is that if true what does it mean for Batman franchise? Would they continue the film series with JGL as Batman?

Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #371
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Until otherwise stated by Nolan , his days with the Batman Franchise are over.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #372
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Oh how I hope that we get something NEW tomorrow....

Old 03-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #373
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

That would be great. I just want to wake up one day and get surprised with a TV spot.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #374
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
That would be great. I just want to wake up one day and get surprised with a TV spot.
TV Spot, New Trailer..hell, new poster or stills would be preferable..just something new and exciting.lol

Old 03-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #375
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

To put things in perspective, a few years ago Robert Sanchez from IESB.Net,
appeared on G4s Attack Of The Show and said that Tom Welling was going to star as Supeman in a JL film.
Sanchez was dead certain.
It NEVER happened.
We have been here before , and it always ends the same .

Closed Thread