The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #151
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
I don't follow ElMayimbe on Twitter, but I did read his profile a couple of times, and it seems there's a lot of politics about the whole movie-scoop business. Something about Marvel deliberately trying to discredit him, some beef with you, something about "The Art of War" as a method of delivering movie news etc. I don't know all that is going on, but all these "exclusives" and "scoops" do seem pretty cut-throat!
Smoke and mirrors dude. There's nothing crazy about it. Deadling Hollywood and The Hollywood Reporter drop scoops multiple times a day every single day. If it was so cut throat they wouldn't be in business. Lawyers? For reporting rumors? Cmon now

I have no idea what his problem with me is. Maybe he doesn't like that I'm not buying what he's selling. I may only be on my third year as a journalist but I was a cop for ten years before this so it's not easy to fool me with a little razzle dazzle.

Best advice I ever got about journalism came from Anderson Cooper. He said that the day you start thinking you're more important than the news you're covering it's time to get out of the game.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 AM   #152
J.Howlett

Quote:
Best advice I ever got about journalism came from Anderson Cooper. He said that the day you start thinking you're more important than the news you're covering it's time to get out of the game.
And that's what he's become.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #153
Captain Villa
Side-Kick

Tying MOS to TDKR is so easy , I fail to see why anyone thinks it is hard to tie in ?

It's this simple ........... The Bat is near impending doom with a nuclear bomb and 6 mile blast radius, giving no time for Batman to escape .................... then Superman comes, flies in , rips the cockpit off and flies Batman to safety.

It is THAT easy and can be shown in retrospect.

Move on now people, lets get excited for Bale to return.

Showtime is ace.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #154
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Different universes with different rules. Had the aliens invaded in the DC universe, you can bet they'd have come packing kryptonite. And if Supes was in the Marvel U then goodbye continent-lifting, planetary-body-moving, tectonic-plate-repairing ridiculously silly super strength and say goodbye as well to total invulnerability to everything but kryptonite. In the Marvel U, Supes would be about as effective as Thor, if that.
Don't ruin my fun.

Avengers: Superman shows up and Loki would run away crying like a *****.

Star Wars: Superman would throw the Deathstar into the ****in' sun.

Lord of the Rings: He'd have that ring in that damn volcano in 2 seconds flat.

Superman is the greatest! Ever!! End of ****in' story!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #155
king666
(‿)

Disney will make tons of money in 2015 (Star Wars and Avengers 2). I'm pretty sure WB wants money too. If they find a way to make this thing work, they'll do it.

Guilermo del Toro:
"What I feel now is that they are really, really, with Superman, they feel very, very confident with what they have. They are now feeling they have two pillars: Batman and Superman for the DC Universe. And tonally, they have a darker tone, more urban and sophisticated tone. There's a foundation that now they can build on it, a building, you know."

Old 03-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #156
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Smoke and mirrors dude. There's nothing crazy about it. Deadling Hollywood and The Hollywood Reporter drop scoops multiple times a day every single day. If it was so cut throat they wouldn't be in business. Lawyers? For reporting rumors? Cmon now

I have no idea what his problem with me is. Maybe he doesn't like that I'm not buying what he's selling. I may only be on my third year as a journalist but I was a cop for ten years before this so it's not easy to fool me with a little razzle dazzle.

You make a fair point. Guess you gotta have thick skin too. I mean, look at Nikki Finke haha. And it looks to be quite easy to get caught up in being a personality. It's just movie rumours, ultimately.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #157
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
And that's what he's become.
Ironically I learned that the hard way and early on. When I was dropping all kinds of Green Lantern stuff and some Marvel scoops (the whole GOTG movie thing came from me originally back in 2010) in my first year trying this biz out it got to my head real quick. Wasn't until some WB lawyers showed me how much monetary damage I caused them for me to chill out

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #158
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

What GL stuff?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #159
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Villa View Post
Tying MOS to TDKR is so easy , I fail to see why anyone thinks it is hard to tie in ?

It's this simple ........... The Bat is near impending doom with a nuclear bomb and 6 mile blast radius, giving no time for Batman to escape .................... then Superman comes, flies in , rips the cockpit off and flies Batman to safety.

It is THAT easy and can be shown in retrospect.

Move on now people, lets get excited for Bale to return.
I think that would upset people, esp. Batman fans. To retcon it like that, and alter the Batman trilogy story like that. Not that there aren't many options to tie the franchises together.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #160
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
What GL stuff?
I snuck onto the green lantern set and spoiled a bunch of stuff like RR wearing a mo cap suit and a lot of the supporting actor casting. then i made friends with some people in the art department that gave me tons of concept art of all the aliens and production stuff to post up. in the end i cost the WB marketing dept an EW magazine and an Empire spread. If they didn't sue me for the $3 mil in damages I caused them then I know for a fact they won't go after anyone for posting rumors.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #161
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
I snuck onto the green lantern set and spoiled a bunch of stuff like RR wearing a mo cap suit and a lot of the supporting actor casting. then i made friends with some people in the art department that gave me tons of concept art of all the aliens and production stuff to post up. in the end i cost the WB marketing dept an EW magazine and an Empire spread. If they didn't sue me for the $3 mil in damages I caused them then I know for a fact they won't go after anyone for posting rumors.
Hey can you confirm if Nick Jones was hired to play John Stewart in the GL movie, and it was cut out?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #162
TheScarecrow
Side-Kick

Who is Poni_Boy?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #163
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
Who is Poni_Boy?
The Daily Blam!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #164
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Hey can you confirm if Nick Jones was hired to play John Stewart in the GL movie, and it was cut out?
Well considering i was the first one who speculated that he WAS supposed to play john stewart i can tell you where that rumor originally came from

I can also tell you that he didn't even know who john stewart was until I showed him the damn GL comics.

No, he was never supposed to play john stewart. It was a very rare coincidence that he happened to look like Green Lantern Secret Origins john stewart and be an extra in a bar scene.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #165
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Poni_Boy is Lois Lane. I'm sure of it.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #166
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well considering i was the first one who speculated that he WAS supposed to play john stewart i can tell you where that rumor originally came from

I can also tell you that he didn't even know who john stewart was until I showed him the damn GL comics.

No, he was never supposed to play john stewart. It was a very rare coincidence that he happened to look like Green Lantern Secret Origins john stewart and be an extra in a bar scene.
Thanks. I was just wondering because he was saying on Twitter that he already saw MOS, and people on the MOS board were sceptical.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #167
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Thanks. I was just wondering because he was saying on Twitter that he already saw MOS, and people on the MOS board were sceptical.
They should be. I very much doubt he's seen it. The only people who have seen it are WB employees, friends and family, all who have signed NDAs. Anyone who has seen it won't say they have without running the risk of being sued and/or fired.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #168
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Poni_Boy is Lois Lane. I'm sure of it.
Yup. Says so on my panties.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #169
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup. Says so on my panties.
Yes! I knew it! I am a LEGEND!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #170
kedrell
I see what you did there

Quote:
Don't ruin my fun.

Very well. I promise to never use logic against blatant fanboy biases again.

I have an inner child. Not an inner teenager.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #171
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
They should be. I very much doubt he's seen it. The only people who have seen it are WB employees, friends and family, all who have signed NDAs. Anyone who has seen it won't say they have without running the risk of being sued and/or fired.
Peace out, brother. Sorry I got mad before.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #172
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Very well. I promise to never use logic against blatant fanboy biases again.
Shame on you for doing it in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #173
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Peace out, brother. Sorry I got mad before.
Ten year law enforcement vet, Kemosabe. Takes a lot ot hurt my feelings and I don't sweat the little things.

Just glad I can help whenever I can help.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #174
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Don't ruin my fun.

OMFG Superman ****ing OWNS don't he?!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #175
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ten year law enforcement vet, Kemosabe. Takes a lot ot hurt my feelings and I don't sweat the little things.

Just glad I can help whenever I can help.
You bet.

Closed Thread