The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #101
kit1982
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

How can a player with the talent of Emanuel Adebayor be so poor? Arsenal have settled very well and look the side most likely.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #102
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Spoke too soon Kit.

Arsenal are like an ugly guy asking out a supermodel. They build up the courage and set up a great game plan but when it comes to ask the question, they crumble in front of her.

I've been listening to too much Ray Hudson apparently.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #103
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Bloody hell mate, you're a convert? Fair play to you, I'm still in denial, but if today in such a massive game he is the difference I'll have to crumble and admit that the guys up there in this league with the best.

Otherwise me and Darth will be passing round the haterade!
count me in, i do admit that bale is a great player but the fact the media and some pundits have compared him to ronaldo(both), messi, pele and best just makes me laugh

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 03-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #104
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

For ****'S SAKE! What the hell is Piers Morgan doing on Fox Soccer. Jesus Christ.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #105
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Same pass and same run beat Arsenal both times, Wenger must surely be interfering with Bould's defensive coaching as that type of stuff is simply the opposite of how Bould and his back 4 were marshaled. That is just too sloppy for a top team, both excellent finishes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Bloody hell mate, you're a convert? Fair play to you, I'm still in denial, but if today in such a massive game he is the difference I'll have to crumble and admit that the guys up there in this league with the best.

Otherwise me and Darth will be passing round the haterade!
Heh! Well I just think this season he has taken that step up to actually meeting the hype, not to the level some media hacks are claiming with the comparisons to true greats, but he's among the top 5 players in the PL this season IMO and today he took his goal really well.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #106
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

BALE WAS OFFSIDE! I SAW IT! HE WAS OFFSIDE!

Old 03-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #107
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I see Piers Morgan has changed his tune from the start of the game.... From 'Arsenal looking good' to '#WengerOut' in 20 minutes...

Old 03-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #108
kit1982
Side-Kick

Well that changes things.... nervy times for Spuds now

Old 03-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #109
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Mertesacker scores against Spurs, Arsenal legend.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #110
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Actually looks like an OG from Bale....

Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #111
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

JESUS MAN BALE DOESN'T HAVE TO SCORE EVERYTHING!

Old 03-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #112
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Wow, someone at Fox Soccer needs to change Piers diaper and give him his bottle.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #113
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

So, I didn't catch the Derby. How was it? I did see 'his' name in there on the scorecard again, though.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 03-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #114
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Good win for Spurs, I think GQ was right for once, the defending was the big difference. I thought Lennon outshone Bale in attack but both were a threat and overall Spurs just look better organized and are more in tune throughout as a team.

I actually think they are both teams that need a top class striker to challenge for the league but Arsenal also need a real leader at CB, I rate Vermaelan but I think he needs another top CB alongside him.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 03-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #115
Van Petrol
Vacant

Hopefully there's something in this takeover talk. Wenger didn't vehemently deny any truth in it, and David Dein was present today in close proximity of Pat Rice and Ivan Gazidis.

Last edited by Van Petrol; 03-03-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #116
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Mike Magee with a hat trick for the Galaxy! Beckham who? Landon who?

Old 03-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #117
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
For the most part that has been his 'standard operating procedure' (The only managers to complete 2 consecutive full seasons under Roman have been Mourhinho and Ancelotti), but in truth I think there's a sh#t load of politics and back stabbing going on behind the scenes, some from players, and more from staff, that sways him one way or the other.

On that a not often published story is that Avram Grant allegedly told Roman he could do the job as well as Jose before Mournhino was shown the door (Cannot say if that's true or not but it would explain a lot). Avram was Roman's friend, appointed as a meaningless technical director (or something like that...the title didn't matter as his job was to watch Jose and the team in training and report back to Roman, so basically he was Roman's spy in the midst of the team, much like Micheal Elemanu is now).

With Jose making little secret of his displeasure with the Shevkenko signing and the appointments of back room staff like Grant and Arneson, and Chelsea dropping a few points too many in the early stages of his 3rd season, it made the result there inevitable with the benefit of hindsight on how Roman has performed since (and why I have doubts over Jose returning).
Someone is going to write a cracking set of memoirs about what has gone on behind the scenes at Chelsea under the Roman rule, it's like a political thriller lol.

I see Cech has spoke up in defense of the revolving door policy and about senior players having the right to have their say.
Quote:
Well, the other issue is who could he bring in for these last 2 months and a bit? Plus, if he sacks Rafa now he walks away with another 1.5 million quid. After taking a pop at the clubs management midweek Roman may well be thinking he's gonna have to earn that cash, rather than be given an easy lucrative out.
Exactly, it's a no win situation for this season, I guess the idea is to just hope that CL qualification is achieved and then have a clear out in the summer.

Quote:
As the owner I would imagine any signings, especially major ones, have to be run by him first before he green lights it. But I doubt he himself has instigated more than a handful (Shevekenko and Torres are the obvious ones). Beyond them I would think the board tell him they want so & so, he probably has some other advisers telling him whether it's a good idea or not, and they take it from there. The Guys too filthy rich, and likes his Yacht time too much, to bother micro-managing everything (he pays all his 'yes men' to do all that).
Well in that case he has some decent heads in the mix at least, I mean whoever guided him towards the Mata, Hazard and Oscar signings was spot on and I think Ba was a smart buy.

Quote:
The word 'Jonah' springs to mind tbh...And it was disastrous for Ancelotti too: We were still just about in the hunt for the league then too, but he found himself lumbered with a $50million pound pet he never asked for and had to play (Drogba was still suffering the effects of Malaria contracted during the AN cup). That we closed the gap as much as we did (got to within one point about a month before the end and finished 2nd and 8 behind) was commendable.

That Torres failed again last season should have seen him go last summer. Unfortunately, that famously orgasmic goal against Barca (Gary Neville knows what I mean) worked against us really, as it did not change the result and it ensured he would stay.

RDM was also being told he had to use him no matter what, and when Roberto had finally had enough and made a point of dropping him for the Juventus game, his luck run out with Sturridge getting injured the day before the game leaving him the choice of playing Hazaard as a 'faux' striker instead, or making an undermining u-turn on Torres.

He rolled the dice with the former, Juve's first 2 goals were deflections, and that was gonna be that for RDM. The WBA defeat days later just sealed an already done deal as Chelsea were in talks with Benitez before that game.
Jonah indeed, if he was a pro wrestler he had have the nickname of manager killer, at the rate things are going you'll be running out of options.

I remember Neville's reaction to the goal against Barca.

Quote:
I hope they do let Torres go as its not doing him any favors either. It's sad to see someone who was once so good look so bad now, and I just can't see him recovering that form with Chelsea, so his luck might be better elsewhere. Falcoa? Yes please, but I figure Madrid will demand they keep our young Goalie in part exchange (with us obviously paying on top with the deal). As he is being groomed as Cech's successor I can't see us being to keen on going with that. Lukaku coming back should be a given, especially if Torres does go.
I agree that it is a shame to see a once fantastic player consistently look a shell of what he was, I think for his own sake he needs to leave, it's best for both parties at this point. Would you sacrifice the keeper to get Falcao? Would you be happy with Lukaku being given a shot or do you feel proven quality most also be added?

Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #118
Poeman
Banned User

Portland the MLS team has a really great crowd, right up there with Seattle

Old 03-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #119
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I'd say they're better than Seattle. They just don't have the numbers.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #120
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Someone is going to write a cracking set of memoirs about what has gone on behind the scenes at Chelsea under the Roman rule, it's like a political thriller lol.
I think all the managers must have to sign non disclosure agreements (I figure that must be the case or one of the axed ones would have stuck the boot in by now, but so far they have all been quiet about their experience at Chelsea behind the scenes). If they do speak up in memoirs or otherwise they will likely face an expensive lawsuit for their efforts (with a binding NDS they'd lose it as well).

Quote:
I see Cech has spoke up in defense of the revolving door policy and about senior players having the right to have their say.
There's nothing wrong with senior players having their say (up to a point), but the ever revolving door is not doing us any favours long term (arguably that is why Roman did not get Guardiola in the end).

Quote:
Well in that case he has some decent heads in the mix at least, I mean whoever guided him towards the Mata, Hazard and Oscar signings was spot on and I think Ba was a smart buy.
On the scouting side they seem to be on the ball for the most part. More players than not who have come in have been good (or at least ok) signings.

Quote:
Jonah indeed, if he was a pro wrestler he had have the nickname of manager killer, at the rate things are going you'll be running out of options.

I remember Neville's reaction to the goal against Barca.
Lol. I think we all dooooooooaaaahhhuuuuughhhhhhhhhh....

Quote:
I agree that it is a shame to see a once fantastic player consistently look a shell of what he was, I think for his own sake he needs to leave, it's best for both parties at this point. Would you sacrifice the keeper to get Falcao? Would you be happy with Lukaku being given a shot or do you feel proven quality most also be added?
I have no idea if they would go for it tbh. With luck Madrid won't put that option on the table (that is if we do go after Falcoa and he does want to come to us).
And I'd give Lukaku a go, he has earned that with his form at WBA. Proven quality always helps (if they can retain their form...), but sometimes taking a chance on the unproven can be the best way forward too.
I could see Lukaku and BA being a good combo if they played together.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #121
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

There are two astronauts at the City/Villa game.... O.o

Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #122
Poeman
Banned User

Biblical type game at Old Trafford...Probably the most expensive ticket in a long time I assume.

In either case, I think Bayern Munich still wins the Champions League this year and Robben finally gets his after countless years of misery

Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #123
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Yeah, Bayern keep getting done in finals so they are due one.

Tonight's one I can't call. If UTD defend as well as the first leg they should be looking good, but Real have stuffed Barca twice since then so their confidence will be high.

Not a game I'd put money on either way. Should be a cracking game whoever wins it though.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #124
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

think that Madrid will go through myself

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #125
Poeman
Banned User

If Madrid gets 1 goal i think that will get them through

Closed Thread