The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #551
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

lol awesome gif. Should I be offended because I just love it.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #552
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Showtime didn't delete it, I did. The saying is perfectly fine obviously but making fun of someones handicap is not something I'll tolerate.

Exactly.
Right. Making fun of me is a must, just not like that.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #553
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
how do you see a screening of this by "accident?" lol
It happened to me once. I was walking along a dark alley late one night, tripped over a bum, and the next thing I know I watching the prescreening of the Doc Savage movie that will be released in 2019. I was flabbergasted......

Old 03-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #554
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
On multiple levels.
Ha!

Can you inform the lovely miss Hopefuldreamer that I knew you sorta (on these boards) before you were a mod and briefly wrote for TMT.

Anyway, never believe a review on IMDB.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #555
Naite22
Side-Kick

I expect a film like Iron Man 3 to be one freaken cool superhero film!... I expect Man of Steel to be much more then that!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #556
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
It happened to me once. I was walking along a dark alley late one night, tripped over a bum, and the next thing I know I watching the prescreening of the Doc Savage movie that will be released in 2019. I was flabbergasted......
I was that bum for anyone that's curious.

Quote:
Right. Making fun of me is a must, just not like that.
I should have phrased that better.

In addition to what I wrote don't write inflammatory idioms towards a mod or anyone in general for that matter. Especially if they haven't even addressed you in a way that even warrants that type of a reaction.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #557
Naite22
Side-Kick

By the way. Has Laurence Fishburn spoken out about anything regarding MOS??? Like, at all?

Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #558
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I was that bum for anyone that's curious.
I thought you smelled familiar.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #559
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
By the way. Has Laurence Fishburn spoken out about anything regarding MOS??? Like, at all?
Not that I'm aware of.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #560
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
lol awesome gif. Should I be offended because I just love it.
I'd hope you aren't offended... I mean, the tongue out smiley is my very obvious attempt to make it clear it was a tongue in cheek joke

But yeah, I love that gif

Quote:
Ha!

Can you inform the lovely miss Hopefuldreamer that I knew you sorta (on these boards) before you were a mod and briefly wrote for TMT.
That's nice.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #561
STARMAN
Side-Kick

For all the projects DC has lined up over the years they have gotten very little off the ground.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #562
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
For all the projects DC has lined up over the years they have gotten very little off the ground.
What else is new.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #563
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I'd hope you aren't offended... I mean, the tongue out smiley is my very obvious attempt to make it clear it was a tongue in cheek joke

But yeah, I love that gif

That's nice.
This place is a a total sausage fest, I love having other ladies to agree or disagree with.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #564
robmx522
Banned User

fishburn will be the weakest link in this movie

Old 03-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #565
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
This place is a a total sausage fest, I love having other ladies to agree or disagree with.
Yeah I know the feeling. I mean, most of the time people just assume we are men anyway!

There are a few of us in here tho

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #566
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
Yes, I fully expect the Emmy-award winning, Academy award-nominated actor to be the weakest link.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #567
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #568
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually. I didn't delete it, but yes. I can.

It was the content, not that it was directed at me.
Quote:
Showtime didn't delete it, I did. The saying is perfectly fine obviously but making fun of someones handicap is not something I'll tolerate.
Okay, lesson learned. I certainly should have thought twice before posting it.

When I first saw that image, I certainly understood that it was insensitive to Reeve's handicap. However, the image did not denigrate or depreciate the hardships he overcame and the great things he did, both before and after the accident. So, I thought that the meme was okay to post, since I didn't think his achievements were belittled by it.

But the image was more uncouth than I originally realized. I originally thought to myself "How fitting to have a former Superman as the subject of the meme!" But now that I think about it, it was the exact opposite of fitting that Reeve was the butt of that joke, considering how this forum is filled with Superfans (myself included) who hold him in high regard.

Anyway, I'll think twice from now on about the memes I post. I extend my sincerest apologies.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #569
robmx522
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Yes, I fully expect the Emmy-award winning, Academy award-nominated actor to be the weakest link.
your review of the hobbit makes your opinion irrelevant

Old 03-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #570
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
your review of the hobbit makes your opinion irrelevant
lol

Old 03-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #571
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Yeah I know the feeling. I mean, most of the time people just assume we are men anyway!

There are a few of us in here tho
Yeah cool gals like Flickchick and Anita.

Can't tell you how many posters are shocked when I say I'm a young woman. I guess it's the um forceful attitude mixed up with me not being afraid to say an actress is hot.

Glad to have someone to drool over Cavill with me.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #572
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
If you're more than willing, you should fund DCE a separate studio for live-action and animated projects. WB has neglected every title and character that isn't named Batman or Superman.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #573
Naite22
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that he'll do a damn bad job trying to be a white Perry, yeah... Other then that, I think he's gonna be great! Fishburn is an incredible actor! Especially his work in "Boyz'N'the Hood" and his portrayal of Ike Turner in "Tina - What's love got to do with it". He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I second that.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #574
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Its incredibly disappointing that the Flash hasn't even gotten a DCAU movie yet. Even Wonder Woman and Green Lantern have gotten those.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #575
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
...The delusion

Closed Thread