Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #551
James_Smith
Banned User

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
The poster designers seem to be fliping the image. On one poster the suit is damaged on the right

Better?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #552
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Welcome to the Hype Alex1397.

You've joined at an exciting time for IM fans, haha.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #553
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Well I don't think they are sentient armors as wouldn't that imply they are thinking for themselves like Ultron? I believe these armors are all being controlled by Tony's mind, but perhaps it will be the first steps towards sentient armor and the creation of Ultron as others have speculated.

Surfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Extremis armor + Mind or Power Gem = sentient armored being aka ultron
or maybe it's another AI network being used by AIM or something?? maybe that network hack's some of stark's armors and that's where he gets the idea for creating sentient armors?

I'd assume Ultron was an ai already created. If (as 4chan guy said, though LokiD DID say it first) Ultron's seeds are planted. Since we are getting antman, its obvious that he plays a role in Ultron's creation, which would lead me to assume, maybe Ultron has already been created, and he's some minor existing ai network, like jarvis?? just speculating.

who wants to make a bet that Ultron will be an acronym for something else (like every other thing in the MCU lol) U.L.T.R.O.N. makes sense.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #554
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Ugh. I wish you guys would quit mentioning the word "Ultron" without mentioning the Ant-Man movie in the same sentence.

Ultron belongs to Pym, moddang it

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #555
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Is Pepper in a bra near the end of the trailer?

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #556
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Yup, I noticed that as well. Though it more of a sports bra

Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #557
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Now I really want to see the trailer in HD!

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #558
Naite22
Side-Kick

I've always really liked the concept of poster style for iron man 1 and 2. They have the same "look" and complement each other well. For IM3, I think the visual look of the posters has changed. Not in a bad way. I actually think these posters are the coolest ever made for an Iron Man film. Iron Man 3 seems to truly live within its own unique spirit. The posters really do seem to showcase a new kind of "feel" for an Iron Man movie... I really hope this one turns out to be the best of them all.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #559
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Ugh. I wish you guys would quit mentioning the word "Ultron" without mentioning the Ant-Man movie in the same sentence.

I agree that I wouldn't want Ultron without Pym being the creator, but scientists often use each others research, data and information as the foundation and basis of their own work and whether they make something entirely new or just an improved version of something old, our rapid advancements in science are largely successful due to their willingness to share amongst each other. As a result Tony sharing a self aware version of JARVIS with another scientist AKA "Hank Pym" doesn't seem like a stretch to me. However, I do understand that it might seem to some to lessen Hank's achievement. So, for that reason I am not sure I like the idea either, but just was simply saying that I could see how there could be a connection there.

Also, I think the Ant-Man movie by Edgar Wright is rumored to be about Scott Lang not Hank Pym, but I guess we shall see.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 03-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #560
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Iron Man had his own sentient armor storyline in the comics

http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_(Sentient_Armor)

Old 03-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #561
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

I think making ultron created by the avengers rather than just pym in the mcu makes more sense and makes the threat feel a little larger because its there responsibilities.

Pym would essentially bring him to life and use his brain patterns. But it could be tony's mechanics and armor made of wakandan metals and the power gem could be asgardian ... That ties in a couple avengers right there while still keeping the pym /ultron father/son aspect in tact

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 03-04-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #562
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I agree that I wouldn't want Ultron without Pym being the creator, but scientists often use each others research, data and information as the foundation and basis of their own work and whether they make something entirely new or just an improved version of something old, our rapid advancements in science are largely successful due to their willingness to share amongst each other. As a result Tony sharing a self aware version of JARVIS with another scientist AKA "Hank Pym" doesn't seem like a stretch to me. However, I do understand that it might seem to some to lessen Hank's achievement. So, for that reason I am not sure I like the idea either, but just was simply saying that I could see how there could be a connection there.

Also, I think the Ant-Man movie by Edgar Wright is rumored to be about Scott Lang not Hank Pym, but I guess we shall see.

Surfer
Very early reports said the whole lang/period piece thing... But i think that's been thrown out the window since Janet was originally in the avengers script in modern times

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #563
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

I DID. as I said, if Ultron's seeds are planted in this movie, it will be hints of him as an AI that is already created, , he has already been created by pym because stark has nothing to do with his creation

Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #564
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I think making ultron created by the avengers rather than just pym in the mcu makes more sense and makes the threat feel a little larger because its there responsibilities.

Pym would essentially bring him to life and use his brain patterns. But it could be tony's mechanics and armor made of wakandan metals and the power gem could be asgardian ... That ties in a couple avengers right there while still keeping the pym /ultron father/son aspect in tact
ehh, Pym is still the guy though

Quote:
Very early reports said the whole lang/period piece thing... But i think that's been thrown out the window since Janet was originally in the avengers script in modern times
it may not have been though.

Think about it. We could get glimpses of this AI in Ironman 3, which can be assumed is Ultron. This AI could have already been created by Pym, and parts of it can be used in some minor capacity, and hell, maybe the ai could play some role in helping stop Thanos in avengers 2. Then in ant-man, it could time jump, movie starts with Pym's creation of this AI, the problems he's faced with it, and how he stopped it, and movie ends in present day. Only revealing this AI is alive, and once again, rebuilt itself another body, before leading into avengers 3.

I think that is something that could work. Sounds fun

I think this was missed.. more hints of ultron

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2013/0...=zergnet_44549

Last edited by jaqua99; 03-04-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #565
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Well he's inside of the heartbreaker armor that we see in the trailer with the other suits right?
Amazing Trailer! Just Awesome!
The Heartbreaker seems to be the Commanding Unit of the 40 other Armours.

Last edited by DaddlerTheDalek; 03-04-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #566
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddlerTheDalek View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Amazing Trailer! Just Awesome!
The Heartbreaker seems to be the Commanding Unit of the 40 other Armours
spoiler this stuff man, some people may not want to see this yet.

Maybe that's what the heartbreaker is.

and I think that with

and I think that with all the armors behind stark like that looks awesome, since there is no one piloting the suit

Last edited by jaqua99; 03-04-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #567
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
ehh, Pym is still the guy though

it may not have been though.

Think about it. We could get glimpses of this AI in Ironman 3, which can be assumed is Ultron. This AI could have already been created by Pym, and parts of it can be used in some minor capacity, and hell, maybe the ai could play some role in helping stop Thanos in avengers 2. Then in ant-man, it could time jump, movie starts with Pym's creation of this AI, the problems he's faced with it, and how he stopped it, and movie ends in present day. Only revealing this AI is alive, and once again, rebuilt itself another body, before leading into avengers 3.

I think that is something that could work. Sounds fun

I think this was missed.. more hints of ultron

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2013/0...=zergnet_44549

whoa I never saw that link.. I know toy's aren't really anything for sure to go by, but that's really cool and interesting haha.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #568
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
or maybe it's another AI network being used by AIM or something?? maybe that network hack's some of stark's armors and that's where he gets the idea for creating sentient armors?

I'd assume Ultron was an ai already created. If (as 4chan guy said, though LokiD DID say it first) Ultron's seeds are planted. Since we are getting antman, its obvious that he plays a role in Ultron's creation, which would lead me to assume, maybe Ultron has already been created, and he's some minor existing ai network, like jarvis?? just speculating.

who wants to make a bet that Ultron will be an acronym for something else (like every other thing in the MCU lol) U.L.T.R.O.N. makes sense.
Just had to pop in. IF Pym and Wasp end up on the team in Avengers 2, then their origins will be explained afterwards in the Ant Man movie. The Ant Man movie would take place before Avengers 2, and possibly before Iron Man 3. So that's why I strongly believe Ultron is already in existence... And it's one of the things Feige was talking about when he said that there are some things in the movie you might not realize until you watch the movie a few times. In other words watch for that acronym or you'll miss it...

Some of the movies in phase 2 might overlap, but Ant Man would kick off phase 3, with much of it occurring in the past. With Pym and Lang...

Remember how I hinted that Rhodey might end up wearing the Hulkbuster armor in one way they were looking at going...

Could still end up happening after Tony loses remote control over it...

Rhodey could end up many different suits in this movie.

We recently heard how Maya Hansen may be the one who physically blows up the AIM Extremis control center and shuts down Extremis at the end. Ending up scarred.
When she shuts down Extremis Iron Man can't control the Iron Legion anymore. This means they may need someone to manually step into the Hulkbuster somewhere around this part, because the battle would still go on longer after Extremis control is terminated.

Mandarin has an entire army on his side too by this point, and seeks to hijack some of the armors. This all links back to Stane saying something like "imagine what you could do with an army of those" or something. In some ways Mandarin has tricked Stark into building him an army, and seeks to hijack and use new technologies, like Genghis Khan did. In some ways it's a battle of minds and artificial minds between Tony and Mandarin. In the comics Iron Man once had an Iron Legion, some elements or armor wars are here too at the end because Mandarin works like Genghis Khan (as I hinted way back). He adapts new technology, even cultural symbols and uses them in new ways for his own means in his conquests. He's about Siege warfare and spy networks like Genghis Khan was... He was an archaeologist at some point in his life or an actual anthropology professor/teacher who went evil because of some radical ideas, issues with culture, stuff about Atlantis and ancient and not so ancient artifacts. He's big into collecting things, but he treats them more like artifacts, not trophies as some have been saying. He studies all cultures and has problems with all cultures... has spies in many countries, ready to overthrow the globe for him... He runs a very extensive terrorist network that is only the tip of the iceberg for something else. he has trusted men and not so trusted men, keeps a careful eye on his spy networks like Genghis Khan, his ancestor did. He learns from the past, combines tactics from many past conquerors. He's distantly related to British royalty, as well as Genghis Khan and many other past rulers. He seeks to outdo them with his Empire, and to truly teach the world to learn from the mistakes of these past masters of evil... He combines tactics from many past dictators of history and provides history lessons as part of his teachings about precious metals. His goons think he's kidding, but Mandi is dead serious about believing Atlantis once existed (the irony is he doesn't know it still exists and Shield might... as per the map in IM2), it's not clear. The rings do indeed harness energy, but the energy within them is mostly dormant for now. Mandi is trying to dig into them further. If he returns, imo, they will have new powers in another MoE themed movie... The symbols/writing tells a story, each representing a power theme and much more. He only talks about 5 in this movie, because his transmissions get cut short by Iron Man's return to the world. Mandi likes to be even more dramatic than Loki and seeks a bigger audience i.e. he wants the world to be watching, he wants to overthrow the globe suddenly and program them before those who have power have a chance to respond, not just China and America...
Killing the American president, staging a coup of both China and America, hijacking them simultaneously and trying to force the other superpower nations to submit to his growing Empire. This will be the most intense Marvel movie so far. Not as lighthearted as Feige was indicating. There's comedy, and strangely Mandarin will be hilarious, but a lot of stuff that happens is dead serious. Lots of deaths.
Some stuff with Stane comes full circle.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #569
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

NIIIIIIICCE
man the next couple days are going to be cool...as long as someone don't post bootlegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #570
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

I think it makes a lot of sense to have the extremis virus responsible for Ultron, but would like to see it done in a way that it gives Hank full credit for the creation. Perhaps it's as simple as Hank makes the discovery that the Extremis virus not only can work on humans (to greatly increase their brain function and give them powers), but that it can also be used with machines directly to increase logic and thought to the point of it becoming sentient. In addition he could be responsible for building Ultron's AI perhaps using JARVIS as a prototype and then going way beyond it, and of course constructing the physical body itself, maybe considering Captain America's shield as the basis for it's materials.

Well that is how I see it at least.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #571
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
Just had to pop in. IF Pym and Wasp end up on the team in Avengers 2, then their origins will be explained afterwards in the Ant Man movie. The Ant Man movie would take place before Avengers 2, and possibly before Iron Man 3. So that's why I strongly believe Ultron is already in existence... And it's one of the things Feige was talking about when he said that there are some things in the movie you might not realize until you watch the movie a few times. In other words watch for that acronym or you'll miss it...

Some of the movies in phase 2 might overlap, but Ant Man would kick off phase 3, with much of it occurring in the past. With Pym and Lang...

Remember how I hinted that Rhodey might end up wearing the Hulkbuster armor in one way they were looking at going...

Could still end up happening after Tony loses remote control over it...

Rhodey could end up many different suits in this movie.

We recently heard how Maya Hansen may be the one who physically blows up the AIM Extremis control center and shuts down Extremis at the end. Ending up scarred.
When she shuts down Extremis Iron Man can't control the Iron Legion anymore. This means they may need someone to manually step into the Hulkbuster somewhere around this part, because the battle would still go on longer after Extremis control is terminated.

Mandarin has an entire army on his side too by this point, and seeks to hijack some of the armors. This all links back to Stane saying something like "imagine what you could do with an army of those" or something. In some ways Mandarin has tricked Stark into building him an army, and seeks to hijack and use new technologies, like Genghis Khan did. In some ways it's a battle of minds and artificial minds between Tony and Mandarin. In the comics Iron Man once had an Iron Legion, some elements or armor wars are here too at the end because Mandarin works like Genghis Khan (as I hinted way back). He adapts new technology, even cultural symbols and uses them in new ways for his own means in his conquests. He's about Siege warfare and spy networks like Genghis Khan was... He was an archaeologist at some point in his life or an actual anthropology professor/teacher who went evil because of some radical ideas, issues with culture, stuff about Atlantis and ancient and not so ancient artifacts. He's big into collecting things, but he treats them more like artifacts, not trophies as some have been saying. He studies all cultures and has problems with all cultures... has spies in many countries, ready to overthrow the globe for him... He runs a very extensive terrorist network that is only the tip of the iceberg for something else. he has trusted men and not so trusted men, keeps a careful eye on his spy networks like Genghis Khan, his ancestor did. He learns from the past, combines tactics from many past conquerors. He's distantly related to British royalty, as well as Genghis Khan and many other past rulers. He seeks to outdo them with his Empire, and to truly teach the world to learn from the mistakes of these past masters of evil... He combines tactics from many past dictators of history and provides history lessons as part of his teachings about precious metals. His goons think he's kidding, but Mandi is dead serious about believing Atlantis once existed (the irony is he doesn't know it still exists and Shield might... as per the map in IM2), it's not clear. The rings do indeed harness energy, but the energy within them is mostly dormant for now. Mandi is trying to dig into them further. If he returns, imo, they will have new powers in another MoE themed movie... The symbols/writing tells a story, each representing a power theme and much more. He only talks about 5 in this movie, because his transmissions get cut short by Iron Man's return to the world. Mandi likes to be even more dramatic than Loki and seeks a bigger audience i.e. he wants the world to be watching, he wants to overthrow the globe suddenly and program them before those who have power have a chance to respond, not just China and America...
Killing the American president, staging a coup of both China and America, hijacking them simultaneously and trying to force the other superpower nations to submit to his growing Empire. This will be the most intense Marvel movie so far. Not as lighthearted as Feige was indicating. There's comedy, and strangely Mandarin will be hilarious, but a lot of stuff that happens is dead serious. Lots of deaths.
Some stuff with Stane comes full circle.
how do you know he's related to Genghis Khan and British royalty.. was an archeologist or teacher, and all the Atlantis stuff? Are you just making that up to try and give him some sort of backstory? I'm so confused.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #572
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I just realized that this is the third straight IM film where the final happens in the dead of night.
So did all the Spider-man and Hulk movies.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #573
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
whoa I never saw that link.. I know toy's aren't really anything for sure to go by, but that's really cool and interesting haha.
Yeah I like that Ultron too over the Classic Diamond select version.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #574
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
spoiler this stuff man, some people may not want to see this yet.

and I think that with

and I think that with all the armors behind stark like that looks awesome, since there is no one piloting the suit
Just a note to let you know that you left his spoiler snippet in your post.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #575
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
how do you know he's related to Genghis Khan and British royalty.. was an archeologist or teacher, and all the Atlantis stuff? Are you just making that up to try and give him some sort of backstory? I'm so confused.
He has an over-active imagination.

Closed Thread