The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #576
Mike22
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The time leading up to the release is always an exiting one for me. The crazy ass rumors coming from left and right, and this time I'm not gonna be so quick to brush them off like I did with the trailer description that came out, thought it was made up crap, but turned out to be genuine, so this time, maybe I pay closer attention and hope that some of this is true.

For those that keep saying that Nolans Batman is grounded in reality, it can easily be fixed. After the battle that takes place in Metropolis between Supes and Zod, they could easily explain that Bruce got a hold of a lot of that technology from the (presumably) wrecked kryptonian ships across Metropolis and designed some nifty gadgets that would make him more like his comic book counterpart. The invasion brings things into perspective that he can still serve a purpose on a much larger scale and joins Superman on brand new adventure that's sure to make WB the billions there hoping for.

Oh and in my very honest opinion here they should do a worlds finest movie first, and then adding a few other members for the sequel which would obviously be Justice League.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #577
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Its incredibly disappointing that the Flash hasn't even gotten a DCAU movie yet. Even Wonder Woman and Green Lantern have gotten those.
He got a pretty cool t.v series. Short lived but cool nonetheless.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #578
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
He got a pretty cool t.v series. Short lived but cool nonetheless.
That's true

But I still long for more.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #579
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Yeah cool gals like Flickchick and Anita.

Can't tell you how many posters are shocked when I say I'm a young woman. I guess it's the um forceful attitude mixed up with me not being afraid to say an actress is hot.

Glad to have someone to drool over Cavill with me.
Yeah, I never get why acknowledging a woman is beautiful raises eyebrows in some people...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #580
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

I'm a DC fan and all, but this just stinks of "bad news in disguise" to me. It does so many bad things in one go, the two main ones being that it negates the impact of the TDKR ending and it relegates the MOS film series to second place, with the risks that it may mean a much longer wait for MOS 2 and that Superman may lose some valuable characters to JL. And all this just so WB can compete financially with Disney. Ugh. Talk about earning zero good will.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #581
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
That's true

But I still long for more.
Right there with you man. Poor Flash.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #582
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Right. Making fun of me is a must, just not like that.
You have funny looking hair...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #583
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I said DC but I should have said WB. They can't get these projects off the ground. It's amazing how many Superman films have been in development since the Reeve films ended and we only got two of them.

They've been through several Flash scripts. Heck, even Goyer was supposed to write and direct the Flash movie at one time.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #584
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

But all those scripts were also supposedly sub-par. I'd rather them keep going through development cycles than give us a bad movie.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #585
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Remember the good old days when we used to stare at the percentage meter so we could unlock the poster? I actually take that right now.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #586
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Remember the good old days when we used to stare at the percentage meter so we could unlock the poster? I actually take that right now.
The percentage meter was rigged, man. Create your own percentage meter for the next marketing release and update it to 100% the instant they release something. It will be basically the same.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #587
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I know. We all complained about the meter. It went to fifty percent and then back down to twenty five percent or whatever. That's my point. There's no news. No nothing right now. Not even a silly meter to stare at. Things were starting to pick up in December and January but they've cooled down again.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #588
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
There's no news. No nothing right now. Not even a silly meter to stare at.
The imaginary meter is at 41%. Keep visiting this thread to see if it updates.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #589
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
You have funny looking hair...
I have the pictures to prove that.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #590
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Hahaha...that made me laugh!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #591
GreenKToo
In the fire

Carrot top bad

Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #592
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Heh.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #593
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I'm a DC fan and all, but this just stinks of "bad news in disguise" to me. It does so many bad things in one go, the two main ones being that it negates the impact of the TDKR ending and it relegates the MOS film series to second place, with the risks that it may mean a much longer wait for MOS 2 and that Superman may lose some valuable characters to JL. And all this just so WB can compete financially with Disney. Ugh. Talk about earning zero good will.

Hmm....why are Disney doing all of these Star Wars films and Marvel films for?

$$$$$$$$$

So all of a sudden it's "bad" that WB's want to make good quality superhero films like Worlds Finest and or Justice League to make some $$$$$$$?

Come on now....

Old 03-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #594
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Hmm....why are Disney doing all of these Star Wars films and Marvel films for?

$$$$$$$$$

So all of a sudden it's "bad" that WB's want to make good quality superhero films like Worlds Finest and or Justice League to make some $$$$$$$?

Come on now....

WB rarely makes good decisions. When they do it is met with skepticism. They also have a bad habit of spending a lot of time and tens of millions to develop something only to scrap it at the first sign of trouble. When it comes to WB and their comic book properties, skepticism is healthy. Don't believe anything until the day after they start principal photography. Try not to get excited about it until the first bit of footage.

That being said, Nolan himself has earned some goodwill, and while I'm in the minority, I think Snyder has too. If they are going to continue from where the Dark Knight Rises left off, they are the only people I'd trust to do it.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #595
gomez147
You're not just anyone

We all look like a bunch of news-hungry zombies talking about whatever comes to our minds, while time passes slowly. We need news!... WE NEED NEWS NOW!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #596
tomoe
Side-Kick

That line in the trailer from Ma Kent "then make it smaller" after Clark says the world's too big makes me wonder if Michael Shannon wasn't joking after all when he said "the world is constantly shrinking Superman". Probably a stretch though.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #597
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
That line in the trailer from Ma Kent "then make it smaller" after Clark says the world's too big makes me wonder if Michael Shannon wasn't joking after all when he said "the world is constantly shrinking Superman". Probably a stretch though.
He said “Do you realize the universe is constantly shrinking, Superman

Old 03-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #598
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
He said Do you realize the universe is constantly shrinking, Superman
When did he say that?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #599
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
When did he say that?
Shannon revealed it in an interview

Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #600
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

It's much easier to have confidence in Marvel and Disney. They know what they want to do and they tell you. It's frustrating to be a fan of DC in general.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Closed Thread