The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #601
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
If they are going to continue from where the Dark Knight Rises left off, they are the only people I'd trust to do it.

Uhh yes.

That is why WB's shareholders/execs wants to give Nolan (Syncopy) and the creative team (Snyder, Goyer and Jonah) to oversee production and development of the DC Universe of films and a possible Worlds Finest and JL film(s).

They are the talent to get the job done right after the success of the solo superhero films of the Dark Knight Trilogy and the good buzz of Man Of Steel.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #602
tomoe
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
He said Do you realize the universe is constantly shrinking, Superman
Ah that's right sorry my bad. My memory was grasping at straws. Sigh...oh well.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #603
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
When did he say that?
https://www.google.com/search?q=do+y...ient=firefox-a

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #604
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Uhh yes.

That is why WB's shareholders/execs wants to give Nolan (Syncopy) and the creative team (Snyder, Goyer and Jonah) to oversee production and development of the DC Universe of films and a possible Worlds Finest and JL film(s).

They are the talent to get the job done right after the success of the solo superhero films of the Dark Knight Trilogy and the good buzz of Man Of Steel.
That last part right there is where I think you're wrong. Good buzz is fine and dandy, but none of this will happen if Man Of Steel doesn't perform well financially.
Superman Returns had good buzz.
There is no point I getting excited about this rumor when it all hinges on a movie that, good buzz or no, is not being marketed very well at the moment.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #605
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Serious question: Does everyone (for the most part) understand the purpose of the Hollywood trades? Or is the general consensus that they are just news sites/blogs?

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #606
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Hmm....why are Disney doing all of these Star Wars films and Marvel films for?

$$$$$$$$$

So all of a sudden it's "bad" that WB's want to make good quality superhero films like Worlds Finest and or Justice League to make some $$$$$$$?

Come on now....
Hm, is that what Green Lantern was?

They're the company that could have done this all along, never did, and is only doing it now after someone else tested the waters for them. That's hard to get on board with on the first instant, and even less if it means potentially sullying a well-loved franchise.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #607
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Serious question: Does everyone (for the most part) understand the purpose of the Hollywood trades? Or is the general consensus that they are just news sites/blogs?
Personally, yes. However I don't think most people understand that.
It didn't start out that way. It has been an ongoing transformation over the last decade and a half.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #608
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Personally, yes. However I don't think most people understand that.
It didn't start out that way. It has been an ongoing transformation over the last decade and a half.
Yup, but even with their most recent transgressions they ar the most reliable and accurate entertainment news outlets by a wide, wide margin. People need to realize that at the end of the day Variety, Deadline and THR are the only news sources that matter because they're the ones the people in the business read. If they don't cover a rumor, the chance of that rumor having any validity is miniscule.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #609
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Hm, is that what Green Lantern was?

They're the company that could have done this all along, never did, and is only doing it now after someone else tested the waters for them. That's hard to get on board with on the first instant, and even less if it means potentially sullying a well-loved franchise.
Well said. Would suck if they ruin the Bat trilogy's story to retroactively make this team-up work.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #610
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Considering so many want to complain about TDKR, I don't think it would be much of a problem. By the way, I love it.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #611
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Even though I have big problems with Rises, I am not in favor of this at all and I wish WB would leave Nolan's trilogy well enough alone. Start fresh, solidify a new, younger batman unburdened by any sort of singular, self contained arc, and then pair him up with Cavil. God damn it, WB, you useless Fs.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #612
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Even though I have big problems with Rises, I am not in favor of this at all and I wish WB would leave Nolan's trilogy well enough alone. Start fresh, solidify a new, younger batman unburdened by any sort of singular, self contained arc, and then pair him up with Cavil. God damn it, WB, you useless Fs.
If Nolan is willing to do it, I don't understand the problem. That is the thing. If Bale and Nolan do it, there is no problem.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #613
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

If Nolan and Bale sign up to do it, don't just complain that WB is "useless Fs."

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #614
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
If Nolan and Bale sign up to do it, don't just complain that WB is "useless Fs."
Exactly. Not like they could do it without them anyways.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #615
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

This made me laugh. I think it's because it's so true.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #616
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I pray that Bale stays away from Batman. I like his movies but they are over and done with....time to move on

Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #617
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I pray that Bale stays away from Batman. I like his movies but they are over and done with....time to move on
If they can't move on to anything better, and I don't think they can, I say more Baleman.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #618
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't see how Nolan and Bale being involved negates WB's uselessness. They should be working towards a new Batman and introducing their other characters' solo films, not relying on the nostalgia of the old guard. And I am unconvinced how much Nolan cares. How much of it is artistic integrity and how much of it is irrefutable pay check the size of Texas?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #619
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
I don't see how Nolan and Bale being involved negates WB's uselessness. They should be working towards a new Batman and introducing their other characters' solo films, not relying on the nostalgia of the old guard. And I am unconvinced how much Nolan cares. How much of it is artistic integrity and how much of it is irrefutable pay check the size of Texas?
So WB not caring about anything but money makes them useless F's, but Nolan not caring about anything but money wouldn't?

I'm not saying anything about WB's uselessness, you are. All I'm saying is that if Nolan and Bale are involved you should apply your critique across the board.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #620
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
If they can't move on to anything better, and I don't think they can, I say more Baleman.
I think they are more than capable of doing so. Just stay away from the campy crap and take a SERIOUS tone...not a REALISTIC tone to the movies. Don't aim them specifically at children in hopes of making a buttload of cash off the toys. Make them more comic bookish and fantastical with villains such as Penguin, The Riddler, The Joker, Two-Face, Killer Croc, hell maybe even Man-Bat....

Old 03-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #621
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Yup, but even with their most recent transgressions they ar the most reliable and accurate entertainment news outlets by a wide, wide margin. People need to realize that at the end of the day Variety, Deadline and THR are the only news sources that matter because they're the ones the people in the business read. If they don't cover a rumor, the chance of that rumor having any validity is miniscule.
While you're right, its odd that soooo many blogs are corroborating the story by saying they've heard similar rumblings.

It's all rumors at this point though.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #622
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
While you're right, its odd that soooo many blogs are corroborating the story by saying they've heard similar rumblings.
I think a lot of them (coughjettforexamplecough) just say that to jump on the bandwagon.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #623
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:

It's all rumors at this point though.
Unfortunately most blogs/sites still rely on hits to pay the bills. The ones that don't, for the most part, steer clear of stuff like this.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #624
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
exactly....they don't need to worry about Bale anymore. He won't do any more solo Batman movies unless Nolan is directing and Nolan has said that that particular Batman's story has been completed. Time to introduce people to a new Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #625
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
So WB not caring about anything but money makes them useless F's, but Nolan not caring about anything but money wouldn't?

I'm not saying anything about WB's uselessness, you are. All I'm saying is that if Nolan and Bale are involved you should apply your critique across the board.
I'm pretty sure that was exactly the point he was making. Read his comment again:

Quote:
And I am unconvinced how much Nolan cares. How much of it is artistic integrity and how much of it is irrefutable pay check the size of Texas?

Closed Thread