Old 03-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #576
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
He has an over-active imagination.
I thought he'd given up already. lol

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #577
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
He has an over-active imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I thought he'd given up already. lol
some of the stuff seems legit, I'm still of the belief that Ultron is going to be in this movie in some small capacity (an AI system similar to JARVIS used by AIM/Mandy or somehow mentioned in passing like U.L.T.R.O.N. on a computer screen or file folder something) so I believe him there. but then the rambling and assumptions of characters and future storylines just makes me lose him.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #578
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

eh i feel like a few of Loki'ds stuff has actually been confirmed.. there's really nothing that's dissproved any of it.

it's a bit more detailed than any movie would go.. but it is shaping up eerily similar.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #579
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

It looks like the heartbreaker is the leader of the extremis controlled armor drones. i hope tony suits up in it himself, cos it is an awesome design, but yeah, i'm not so sure that happens anymore. not a huge fan of the mk 42 so i would like a new suit for tony in the final battle.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #580
Azog
Banned User

I can't wait to have that bad boy on my desktop in 1080p. I've seen the first trailer about 4 dozen times already. Its about time we got something new

Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #581
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
some of the stuff seems legit, I'm still of the belief that Ultron is going to be in this movie in some small capacity (an AI system similar to JARVIS used by AIM/Mandy or somehow mentioned in passing like U.L.T.R.O.N. on a computer screen or file folder something) so I believe him there. but then the rambling and assumptions of characters and future storylines just makes me lose him.
My thinking all along was that "Phase 2" mentioned by Fury in Avengers was actually the beginning phases of Ultron, sort of like the direction they went on EMH with Hank and Tony creating the army of Ultrons as peacekeepers.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #582
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
eh i feel like a few of Loki'ds stuff has actually been confirmed.. there's really nothing that's dissproved any of it.

it's a bit more detailed than any movie would go.. but it is shaping up eerily similar.
He's only right if you discount the several other possibilities he's also said was going to happen. The guy has hardly committed himself to anything, instead opting for this or that is going to happen or maybe even this since this now appears to be happening. Hardly the behaviour of a reliable source.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #583
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
He's only right if you discount the several other possibilities he's also said was going to happen. The guy has hardly committed himself to anything, instead opting for this or that is going to happen or maybe even this since this now appears to be happening. Hardly the behaviour of a reliable source.
he's more fun to speculate with than most people on here

if i'm spoiled, than AWESOME

if i'm not.. than SWEET I'll actually be surprised.

[=]
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #584
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
he's more fun to speculate with than most people on here

if i'm spoiled, than AWESOME

if i'm not.. than SWEET I'll actually be surprised.
Fair enough. I understand some want to speculate about anything, but I don't like to pretend that it's anything other than that and passed off as reliable news.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #585
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:

Quote:
from what I understand by talking to him is that his source knows of multiple possible routes that Marvel higher ups have mapped out to take. So there's one where Stozak is Janet which leads one way, introducing Ultron etc.. (the way I hope they take). Another where Stozak is Cabe which leads another way (more cosmic). And other stuff I can't recall atm. So he bases his speculation and tying ends together with those possiblities.

He's said that once IM3 is released he and his source will know almost 100% for sure which route they are taking, so this movie really is a big stepping stone for phase 2 with the included charcters or those 'things we might miss until multiple viewings. He said they will really be able to narrow down how Phase 2 is going to work out after this film.

I take him for his, and his sources, word. No one goes through all this to just plain troll. He knows the greater picture, just not which greater picture yet, which even Marvel doesn't know (or they haven't found out) which direction they will take yet.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #586
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Fair enough. I understand some want to speculate about anything, but I don't like to pretend that it's anything other than that and passed off as reliable news.
hey, if it makes sense to me... ill hope for it my best.

i actually do suspect about 50% of what he says is probably true. even if by just accurately guessing

[=]
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #587
MichaelChen
Side-Kick

Personally I think they will probably have Mandarin's origin be pretty close to the comics, just minus him finding a space-ship.

In other words, he's a descendent of Ghenghis Khan who went broke training himself to be perfect in mind and body, got booted for failure to pay his taxes, and now wants to avenge himself on civilization.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #588
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

God, I can't keep up with this forum as it is and it's going to blow up tomorrow. Oh well, I'm super excited anyway.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #589
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelChen View Post
Personally I think they will probably have Mandarin's origin be pretty close to the comics, just minus him finding a space-ship.

In other words, he's a descendent of Ghenghis Khan who went broke training himself to be perfect in mind and body, got booted for failure to pay his taxes, and now wants to avenge himself on civilization.
Hmm I don't know if they're state outright that he's descendant of Ghendhis Khan. They might put an easter egg or hint at it for the fans though.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #590
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Mandarin sorta seems like the eccentric bond villain type who likes to quote famous things, discuss world history, yadda yadda villain talk. Which actually works for him. I Could easily see him rambling off his heritage

Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #591
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
how do you know he's related to Genghis Khan and British royalty.. was an archeologist or teacher, and all the Atlantis stuff? Are you just making that up to try and give him some sort of backstory? I'm so confused.

I've been hinting this is the route they're taking with Mandarin for a while. He's still very much like his comic book counterpart(s). He collects and uses inspiration from knowledge of many cultures. Studies history, for example during periods of rule, or the warring states period in china. Sees himself as an Emperor, destined to lead as an Emperor and command his army to undo the world. He's obsessed with the past. He uses cultural symbols and a combination of different bits and pieces of cultural tactics to send his messages/carry out his sudden attacks from within. And sees others as soldiers or spies, not heroes. There's a mixture of stuff in there, he's related to Genghis Khan and behaves like a terrorist/Emperor, he was an archaeologist, he did find the rings, but he's also got Extremis based powers for now. He partakes in the fight when he has to, but also pulls the strings. Like his ancestor he's a leader who actually fights in some of the important battles, something he says Americas leaders, and most leaders, don't do. In the movie we'll get hints that he actually did find the rings because he's seeking out more of the rare metal that is mixed into the alloy, allowing them to absorb and store energies. He can use them to control some things infused with extremis, or things that get hacked. For now only Taggert has the ring's fire power. Mandarin believes there is even more ability trapped in the rings, but it lies dormant within the metal. The writing/arabic symbols are more recent and the metal itself is very rare. As a former archaeologist the material they're made up of interests Mandarin. The metal they're made up of is hard to find around the globe in nature. Wakanda is mentioned at the end, the rings and the space suit are both made of vibranium now... This metal has the ability to store energies. Mandarin wholeheartedly believes there is more power trapped in his rings and that the alloy itself is far more ancient and comes from space. He believes it was tempered by atlanteans and contains an ancient force more powerful than what AIM could dig out of it to give to Firepower/Taggert to give his extremis infused form Fire powers... Mandarin himself doesn't get to shoot fire...

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 03-04-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #592
MichaelChen
Side-Kick

Why on earth would he be a former archeologist? His comic origin is that of an aristocrat who bankrupted his fiefdom to train at science and martial arts. While the movie may alter that, I have seen zero evidence that they are altering this in particular.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #593
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelChen View Post
Why on earth would he be a former archeologist? His comic origin is that of an aristocrat who bankrupted his fiefdom to train at science and martial arts. While the movie may alter that, I have seen zero evidence that they are altering this in particular.
I gotta admit.... If he's an archaeologist its an improvement on his comic counter part

[=]
Old 03-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #594
LokiDionysos
Eternal

One of his origins is that of an archaeologist who finds the alien rings/technology in a cave. However, he is still using Extremis and that part of his origin is mixed in here. The rings aren't technically all vibranium. Some of the metals making up the alloy are unlike anything Mandarin has ever seen. Leads him to believe the metals they're made from were combined by ancient people who possessed high technology, and knowledge of vibranium. Technically the rings are still an alien metal, but they're not alien technology, Mandi says they were forged on earth, the metal is from elsewhere. Mandarin believes they passed through Atlantis at one point... he has unconventional beliefs for an archaeologist and it's no wonder he no longer teaches. Yes he's been altered a little, but the core of it is intact and combined with Extremis. He's not really a businessman in this version, although he uses businesses to his advantage. He attacks nearly all areas of culture as he thinks dominance of each area is important, needs an inside man in politics, in the airforce etc. That's sort of what they're going with. He works much like Genghis Khan did but with modern technologies, praising some of his ancestor's tactics. What's important is it could just be Mandarin's word that he is actually related to him. Everyone around him, even Killian believes he is mad. However, he learned from Genghis Khan's mistakes. Is ALWAYS on the lookout for someone trying to betray him, no matter how close/loyal they seem. But he found the rings a long time ago. We don't get to see this backstory play out. It just ties into why the metal alloy they're made out of can absorb energies and then release them. It's not quite vibranium, but an alloy of the Wakandan metal and other rare materials Mandarin believes came from elsewhere. I.e. metals that archaeologists had never dug up before, and only Shield had access to when Captain America's Shield was created.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 03-04-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #595
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Hey, he saw these things a while ago, I told you they stuff he's told me via inbox is different than on here, so best you guys can do is take my word :P

Old 03-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #596
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post

I've been hinting this is the route they're taking with Mandarin for a while. He's still very much like his comic book counterpart(s). He collects and uses inspiration from knowledge of many cultures. Studies history, for example during periods of rule, or the warring states period in china. Sees himself as an Emperor, destined to lead as an Emperor and command his army to undo the world. He's obsessed with the past. He uses cultural symbols and a combination of different bits and pieces of cultural tactics to send his messages/carry out his sudden attacks from within. And sees others as soldiers or spies, not heroes. There's a mixture of stuff in there, he's related to Genghis Khan and behaves like a terrorist/Emperor, he was an archaeologist, he did find the rings, but he's also got Extremis based powers for now. He partakes in the fight when he has to, but also pulls the strings. Like his ancestor he's a leader who actually fights in some of the important battles, something he says Americas leaders, and most leaders, don't do. In the movie we'll get hints that he actually did find the rings because he's seeking out more of the rare metal that is mixed into the alloy, allowing them to absorb and store energies. He can use them to control some things infused with extremis, or things that get hacked. For now only Taggert has the ring's fire power. Mandarin believes there is even more ability trapped in the rings, but it lies dormant within the metal. The writing/arabic symbols are more recent and the metal itself is very rare. As a former archaeologist the material they're made up of interests Mandarin. The metal they're made up of is hard to find around the globe in nature. Wakanda is mentioned at the end, the rings and the space suit are both made of vibranium now... This metal has the ability to store energies. Mandarin wholeheartedly believes there is more power trapped in his rings and that the alloy itself is far more ancient and comes from space. He believes it was tempered by atlanteans and contains an ancient force more powerful than what AIM could dig out of it to give to Firepower/Taggert to give his extremis infused form Fire powers... Mandarin himself doesn't get to shoot fire...
thanks for the response. If that's the route they're taking and we see that all pan out over the course of the movie as the Mandarin backstory that would be really neat.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #597
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
One of his origins is that of an archaeologist who finds the alien rings/technology in a cave. However, he is still using Extremis and that part of his origin is mixed in here. The rings aren't technically all vibranium. Some of the metals making up the alloy are unlike anything Mandarin has ever seen. Leads him to believe the metals they're made from were combined by ancient people who possessed high technology, and knowledge of vibranium. Technically the rings are still an alien metal, but they're not alien technology, Mandi says they were forged on earth, the metal is from elsewhere. Mandarin believes they passed through Atlantis at one point... he has unconventional beliefs for an archaeologist and it's not wonder he no longer teaches. Yes he's been altered a little, but the core of it is intact and combined with Extremis. He's not really a buisiness man in this version, although he uses businesses to his advantage. He attacks nearly all areas of culture as he thinks dominance of each area is important, needs an inside man in politics, in the airforce etc. That's sort of what they're going with. He works much like Genghis Khan did but with modern technologies, praising some of his ancestor's tactics. What's important is it could just be Mandarin's word that he is actually related to him. Everyone around him, even Killian believes he is mad. However, he learned from Genghis Khan's mistakes. Is ALWAYS on the lookout for someone trying to betray him, no matter how close/loyal they seem. But he found the rings a long time ago. We don't get to see this backstory play out. It just ties into why the metal alloy they're made out of can absorb energies and then release them. It's not quite vibranium, but an alloy of the Wakandan metal and other rare materials Mandarin believes came from elsewhere. I.e. metals that archaeologist had never dug up before and only Shield had access to when Captain America's Shield was created.

all I know, is that it sounds like Ironman is finally getting a worthy decent villain on screen, Stane was...a bit intimidating, but that's cause he's loud lol.

As much as I like Mickey Rourke, Whiplash was dissappointing, mandarin seems freakin awesome. Point blank

Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #598
SaNgReNuEvAX-3
Side-Kick

Hey everybody...HUGE fan of Shane Black and I'm really looking forward to IM3. Just wanted to know if anybody could pm the trailer. I'll be at work so won't see it until late night tomorrow. Luckily I speak spanish lol so I can understand the leaked trailer and it'll hold me down until I get home tomorrow night for the official trailer. Very much appreciated in advance.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #599
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
I gotta admit.... If he's an archaeologist its an improvement on his comic counter part

"mandyyyyyyy!"

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #600
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
all I know, is that it sounds like Ironman is finally getting a worthy decent villain on screen, Stane was...a bit intimidating, but that's cause he's loud lol.

As much as I like Mickey Rourke, Whiplash was dissappointing, mandarin seems freakin awesome. Point blank
Whiplash was definitely disappointing, but I'm 99% sure we get a subtle reference to make it clear that Mandarin set Whiplash on the track to test Stark. Making some of it worthwhile because Mandi claims he was just testing the waters by letting Vanko do his thing... Mandarin is like the shark that's been circling Iron Man this whole time, allowing other smaller fish to attempt to eat him first, to test his tactics... and in some ways it'll come full circle with IM2, but not as much as IM1.

Closed Thread