The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #651
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If they were gonna nuke Gotham why didn't they just, you know nuke Gotham. All that mumbo jumbo for the first two hours was rather pointless.

Anyway, MOS posters should be coming soon. This week more than likely will get the first.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #652
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know all we ever talk about is how slow and silent the marketing is, but good grief GIVE US SOMETHING WB!!!!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #653
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'm tired of seeing Batman portrayed in a realistic fashion. It's time for a more fantastical take on Batman....you can have your gangsters and guns but also your fantasy element but take it seriously...serious does not equal realistic

Don't worry.

You'll see Nolan/Snyders Batman in a more "fantastical" world in the Worlds Finest film or in the Justice League films

Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #654
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Poor Superman being drowned out in his own thread by Batman.

So I hear that Superman fellow has a movie coming out this year.
Who the hell is Superman?

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #655
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Don't worry.

You'll see Nolan/Snyders Batman in a more "fantastical" world in the Worlds Finest film or in the Justice League films
I hope he doesn't sound like he swallowed a bag of rocks...

Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #656
Project862006
Banned User

should take the arrow approach and use a voice distorter it seems smart for someone with money and techs

Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #657
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
should take the arrow approach and use a voice distorter it seems smart for someone with money and techs
He doesn't even really need to do that...he can simply drop his voice a few octaves to disguise his true voice

Old 03-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #658
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
That line in the trailer from Ma Kent "then make it smaller" after Clark says the world's too big makes me wonder if Michael Shannon wasn't joking after all when he said "the world is constantly shrinking Superman". Probably a stretch though.
Oh no not again.Young Clark does not says "the world is too big mom".
I thought we agreed for that.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #659
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
If they were gonna nuke Gotham why didn't they just, you know nuke Gotham. All that mumbo jumbo for the first two hours was rather pointless.

Anyway, MOS posters should be coming soon. This week more than likely will get the first.
Let's not go down this road. If you question The LoS plans, then one can question the purpose of Thanos half-assing an invasion by handing his army to Loki (which was remote controlled by the mothership).

It's a CBM. The villain's plans are typically questionable.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #660
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Sure, question that away. No matter what you say it still made more sense than the dumb LOS plan in TDKR.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #661
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Let's not go down this road. If you question The LoS plans, then one can question the purpose of Thanos half-assing an invasion by handing his army to Loki (which was remote controlled by the mothership).

It's a CBM. The villain's plans are typically questionable.
The LoS plan wasn't to just "nuke gotham" but psychologically mess with the citizens before nuking the city.

It was all part of a sick game to get the people to "rise" up before squashing them. I mean come on Bane explained it out pretty well. It was partly revenge on Bruce for ruining their earlier plans. So it was a slow psychological torture of making him watch his city tear itself apart.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #662
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

A handful of posters would be nice.!

Old 03-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #663
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I need some Cavill hotness now, myself.
Google 'henry cavill tudors' and make sure SafeSearch is turned off.

... You're welcome.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 03-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #664
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Fake WB Countdown... 43%. Come on guys, we can do this!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #665
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

With all the websites coming out and saying "yeah, we heard that too" -- and literally no one attempting to debunk it -- it's hard not to believe it's true at this point.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #666
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

The "John Blake will be Batman in JL" rumor was never debunked either, was it?

Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #667
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Meh, it goes for almost every villain. The Joker could have easily shuttered Batman by unveiling his identity to the world... but didn't. Green Goblin had Spidey in his grasp, but preferred to make him an offer. Stane had Stark weakened but chose to leave him alive rather than kill him.

How about every villain who has had his or her hand on the trigger but decided to gloat or mock the hero instead of taking care of business?

It's all unbelievable to me.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #668
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
JGL's rep debunked it. But then, he wouldn't be playing Batman in this either, so it would have been technically correct to debunk it.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #669
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
With all the websites coming out and saying "yeah, we heard that too" -- and literally no one attempting to debunk it -- it's hard not to believe it's true at this point.
It was a rumor floating around with the writers and websites for less than a week.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #670
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:

Is that a gut feeling or insider info

Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #671
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
A handful of posters would be nice.!
Don't tease me like this.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #672
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Drew McWeeny had broke some credible scoops that panned out, like the Neeson cameo in TDKR, and he says that article he wrote about JGL being Batman in JL was true at the time he published it. And he doesn't debunk Mayimbe's exclusive either.

HitFix isn't one of the three major Hollywood trades, but it and AICN are vouching for LR's credibility this time around. Maybe Variety and Toldja are working on their article with 'exclusive' details?

"Come Think With Us."
Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #673
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Bale returning for Justice League?

....please....just no.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #674
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Maybe Variety and Toldja are working on their article with 'exclusive' details?
Doesn't work that way. They would have written preliminary reports already. They have never, in the three years I've been writing news, sat on a story for this long if it was true.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #675
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

JGL's character could be a version of Batman, which makes both reports true.

Closed Thread