The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: Rate the NEW costume...
Best Spidey costume yet! 105 52.50%
Slightly better than Raimi's costumes 36 18.00%
The same as Raimi's 36 18.00%
Worse than Raimi's 6 3.00%
Worse than the first ASM's costume 17 8.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #551
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Rate the NEW ASM2 costume!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
But when you're watching the actual movie, there's no telling how different the suit will look. All aspects of the new suit could blend together seemlessly and not make you think of Raimi's. And even if it does, at worst it'll give me a sense of nostalgia, which is definitley not a bad thing considering this movie is TASM2, and my favorite CBM is SM2. It might work out bad in reviews though, especially ones biased against the new franchise. All they would have to do to give the film a negative review is to state something along the lines of: "This movie, this franchise, is so uncreative that the crew felt the need to reuse the same costume from the last Spider-Man movie franchise", even if the movie is really good, just to knock the RT rating down. lol
If it makes you nostalgic, the more the merrier, but I would have hope to see something different since it's a different series, not be reminded of the fabric or the raised webbing that was on a suit in a different series. Even if it blends well on film, I can still look at stills and be reminded of that fact.

And, Sony could have very well stronghold Webb into using a similar suit, but that's just an assumption, so, I'm not gonna go there right now. It would be sad to think the only CBM directors that seem to be stronger than the company are Del Toro, Nolan, Vaughn and Whedon(did I miss any?) though.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #552
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
If it makes you nostalgic, the more the merrier, but I would have hope to see something different since it's a different series, not be reminded of the fabric or the raised webbing that was on a suit in a different series. Even if it blends well on film, I can still look at stills and be reminded of that fact.

And, Sony could have very well stronghold Webb into using a similar suit, but that's just an assumption, so, I'm not gonna go there right now. It would be sad to think the only CBM directors that seem to be stronger than the company are Del Toro, Nolan, Vaughn and Whedon(did I miss any?) though.
I can see how it can be a bummer to some people, but hell, if this indicates the movie will be the definitive Spider-Man movie then it definitley won't bother me lol

Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #553
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
The fact that you're attempting to compare the design efforts of a multi-million dollar film to a ridiculous pillow that looks like someone made on a lonely Friday night is pathetic, man. I'd say you're better than that, but I don't want to give you any undue sense of confidence.
That pillow was on national tv being sold in commercials. I can't believe you are berating the designer of that pillow who probably poured untold sums of money, time, and effort into their pillow only for you to say the ridiculous design looks like it came from some lonely loser with nobody to hold them at night.

And now we have come full circle. THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFEEEEEEEEEEEE

fwomp

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #554
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
And now we have come full circle. THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFEEEEEEEEEEEE

fwomp
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH SEVENYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Old 03-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #555
chaseter
Bland User

WHATA CHEEEEEEEEECHEEEEEEEEE NEWOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #556
Happy Jack
Iconographer

From what I've seen of it, which actually isn't very much, it's the best spidey-suit on film to date. It looks similar to Raimi's costume but improved. It looks as though it stepped right out of Unlimited Spider-Man.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #557
ImAlwaysAngry
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Something no one seems to consider is that the costume change could very well have been handed down by Sony. Webb's a good director but I seriously doubt he has enough clout to resist studio interference. That's what I find so bothersome about labeling the actual production people unoriginal or uncreative.
While I don't believe this is the case re: the suit, there's no question Webb is subject to studio interference. Anyone who watched ASM should be able to see that plain as day.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #558
ImAlwaysAngry
Side-Kick

This new suit does not look much at all like Raimi's suit. Seriously. I don't get it. It may share some slight similarities, but it's just as close to ASM in my opinion. And closer to the comics than Raimi ever got.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #559
Maboroshi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I'm not sure who originally created that manip. It doesn't have the exact texture from the ASM suit however it gives you an idea of what it could have looked like besides using the brick pattern.
That was me!

I was working on a small poor quality screen at the time so I didnt realize the pattern was so off until I got home.

But yes, what could have been!

Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #560
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

I did like the "leathery" look of the ASM suit, as it indeed looked more durable than the Raimi suit looked.
Not because I need to see it to have it justified, but hopefully the suit transition will be given some scrren time, or exposition.
If it's going to be dealt with directly in the movie however, I don't want yet another montage of Parker creating a suit, unless it is in the opening sequence/credits in order to get it out of the way early.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #561
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
That pillow was on national tv being sold in commercials. I can't believe you are berating the designer of that pillow who probably poured untold sums of money, time, and effort into their pillow only for you to say the ridiculous design looks like it came from some lonely loser with nobody to hold them at night.
Nice try. There's a HUGE difference between my sarcasm of a pillow, and your utter refusal to accept facts concerning a suit in a $200 million film. But if you want to purposefully ignore the actual conversation and instead go for the unoriginal deflection, that's fine. It just makes it obvious you're got not argument.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #562
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
Suit looks awesome in that first pic to me, I see no signs of it looking cheap.
It's why I'm hoping for actual promo shots of how the costume will look on film. For me, it looks a little cheap. BUT, IMO, they're not great pics.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #563
Creator
Banned User

Even in the bad pics it looks great and as far from cheap as these eyes can see. I don't really need to see it on film/promo shot, both Raimi/Webb's suit looked great on film--being that this costume looks better than both.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #564
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
Even in the bad pics it looks great and as far from cheap as these eyes can see. I don't really need to see it on film/promo shot, both Raimi/Webb's suit looked great on film--being that this costume looks better than both.
IMO, it looks worse than both in those whots. IMO, I can't see how in those shots they can look better than both.

But that's me. I need to see promo shots. Have done for the previous two to get a better idea how well it was going to look.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #565
Creator
Banned User

There are clear enough shots for me to determine that it's my favorite. However, we'll soon be getting more promo shots of that suit than you can shake a lamb's ass at.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #566
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Nice try. There's a HUGE difference between my sarcasm of a pillow, and your utter refusal to accept facts concerning a suit in a $200 million film. But if you want to purposefully ignore the actual conversation and instead go for the unoriginal deflection, that's fine. It just makes it obvious you're got not argument.
You are so correct that they hired a new costume designer and designed a completely new costume. This film costs more than the first one so I guess that means by your logic that this makes it more important of a design.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #567
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

What I'm saying is that every detail of the suit is scrutinized and done with a purpose, however small or insignificant YOU may think it is. The large budget just means that they had more time and resources and experts working on it (as well as a greater financial risk), which solidifies that point.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #568
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlesInTheAir View Post
Does anyone know if Andrew Garfield can even see out of those big white eyes? They don't seem very practical lol
They seem to be made the same way as the eyes from the last one.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #569
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
They seem to be made the same way as the eyes from the last one.

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #570
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

So.... speaking practically, it looks like the fabric choice of the new outfit looks a little easier to breath in when comparing TASM suit. Might be a little cooler on Garfield too... temperature wise.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #571
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
So.... speaking practically, it looks like the fabric choice of the new outfit looks a little easier to breath in when comparing TASM suit. Might be a little cooler on Garfield too... temperature wise.
yeah,maybe

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #572
cryptic name
No Limits

Wonder if they have to darken the crotch on this one to hide Garfield's business like last time.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #573
Wandi
Side-Kick

While I will sorely miss the suit from the first film, this one doesn't seem to bad so far, and it makes sense for an evolution such as this to happen. I only wish it doesn't end up becoming too similar to the Raimi trilogy's.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #574
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I won't judge the backstage politics behind the new suit. All I know is that I like how it looks from what I've seen and, at the same time, the 1st thought I had when I laid my eyes on it was: "Raimi".

I still haven't decided if I like TASM's suit yet. It lookd great in motion, for the most part, but there are some details that just don't sit well with me. The "what could've been scenario", aka TASM materials and non-raised webbing with TASM2 design, would've been pretty interesting, I'll say that.

Last edited by Gianakin_; 03-12-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #575
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
Yeah. I think biggest motivation for the material change was to benefit Andrew and the stuntmen.

Andrew has said many times in interviews that the ASM suit was uncomfortable and that he couldn't even take it off to pee. That resulted in this funny picture.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Closed Thread