The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #676
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Yeah I know the feeling. I mean, most of the time people just assume we are men anyway!

There are a few of us in here tho
......I assumed you were a guy.

Nice to know there are more girls on here than I thought.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #677
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Doesn't work that way. They would have written preliminary reports already. They have never, in the three years I've been writing news, sat on a story for this long if it was true.
I doubt you're saying that there hasn't been a story broken that was true that wasn't confirmed immediately by a trade. That would make zero sense.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #678
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

wait wait wait.....MOS posters this week.............dont play with me ppl, my heart cant take it

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #679
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
I doubt you're saying that there hasn't been a story broken that was true that wasn't confirmed immediately by a trade. That would make zero sense.
Feel free to find one big piece of franchise news at this level that the trades (all three of them) ignored for 24 hours. With Showtime as my witness I'll Paypal you $100 if you find one.

Still think I make zero sense?

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #680
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Doesn't work that way. They would have written preliminary reports already. They have never, in the three years I've been writing news, sat on a story for this long if it was true.
Variety and Deadline, however, did NOT break the news that David Goyer was writing the script for Man of Steel -- Latino Review did, which Thomas Tull vigorously lied to AICN about. They broke the fact that he co-wrote the story treatment for MOS with Nolan, but they said nothing about him writing a full script.

So... there you go.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 03-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #681
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
......I assumed you were a guy.

Nice to know there are more girls on here than I thought.
Yeah, Hopeful is quite lovely too.

I stalk her, but she doesn't have to know about that so shhhhh!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #682
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Variety and Deadline, however, did NOT break the news that David Goyer was writing the script for Man of Steel -- Latino Review did, which Thomas Tull vigorously lied to AICN about. They broke the fact that he co-wrote the story treatment for MOS with Nolan, but they said nothing about him writing a full script.

So... there you go.
You're still not understanding. I never said that trades have to BREAK the scoop. I actually have been going out of my way to say the DON'T have to break the scoop. But they will REPORT one IF it's VIABLE.

How is that so hard to understand?

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #683
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Who the hell is Superman?
I dont know, but I hear his secret identity is Bruce Wayne

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #684
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

God we really need news.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #685
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Yeah, Hopeful is quite lovely too.

I stalk her, but she doesn't have to know about that so shhhhh!
I won't tell, wouldn't want anyone to tell my stalkee I'm under their bed.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #686
alejandrita439
Side-Kick

I need something! anything! even a Low Quality Still

Old 03-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #687
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Some biblical scholars believe the recent slew of JL Rumors are signs of The End Times.
Of course these same scholars might have been locked out of Comic Con last year,
which might have affected their conclusions .

Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #688
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're still not understanding. I never said that trades have to BREAK the scoop. I actually have been going out of my way to say the DON'T have to break the scoop. But they will REPORT one IF it's VIABLE.

How is that so hard to understand?
Did a trade report the Goyer news within 24 hours?

Old 03-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #689
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Did a trade report the Goyer news within 24 hours?
They reported it within hours. So did Heat Vision/THR. They followed it up with a detailed piece with more info the next day.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #690
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Feel free to find one big piece of franchise news at this level that the trades (all three of them) ignored for 24 hours. With Showtime as my witness I'll Paypal you $100 if you find one.

Still think I make zero sense?
Witness.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #691
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
wait wait wait.....MOS posters this week.............dont play with me ppl, my heart cant take it
Hello.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #692
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
They reported it within hours. So did Heat Vision/THR. They followed it up with a detailed piece with more info the next day.
Link?

Old 03-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #693
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Link?
Go find it. I told you I'd pony up $100 if you can find one big piece of franchise news at this level that the trades (all three of them) ignored for 24 hour.

So, go find it. I'm not gonna do the work for you. But I full on expect you to pay up when you're wrong.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #694
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Anyway....

Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #695
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

It took Variety 11 days to confirm the Ledger report, by the way.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #696
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Go find it. I told you I'd pony up $100 if you can find one big piece of franchise news at this level that the trades (all three of them) ignored for 24 hour.

So, go find it. I'm not gonna do the work for you. But I full on expect you to pay up when you're wrong.
You want me to prove a negative? You're the guy that made the claim. Someone gave an example to disprove you, and you really haven't done anything to show otherwise. Just saying.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #697
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
You want me to prove a negative? You're the guy that made the claim. Someone gave an example to disprove you, and you really haven't done anything to show otherwise. Just saying.
Prove a negative? How so? All you have to do is show a big franchise news scoop that someone other than the trades posted (obviously that came true) and show me the links to the three trades that were posted over a day after the initial report.

It's investigative work. You know, the stuff journalists do all day. If you want the cash then get to work. But don't be disappointed when you can't find anything.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #698
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Yeah I know the feeling. I mean, most of the time people just assume we are men anyway!

There are a few of us in here tho
Good,the more girls the better,they can help to calm and 'bring balance to the forums' ,and failing that,they can make the tea and clean up in the new lounge

I think everyone should have an M or an F by their name or avatar,that way I will know when to put a clean shirt on and comb my hair,floss,a little aftershave,best underwear..

I want to see a list of female members if someone could magic it up,it's purely so I know when to be polite and not accidentally put my foot in it by talking about 'boobs' or 'hot women' to them

Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #699
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
It took Variety 11 days to confirm the Ledger report, by the way.
To add to this, it doesn't look like The Hollywood Reporter ever even officially reported Heath Ledger was playing Joker -- at least not during the time frame when others were reporting it.

I'm sure with any effort you could find hundreds of examples of this happening.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #700
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Drew McWeeny had broke some credible scoops that panned out, like the Neeson cameo in TDKR, and he says that article he wrote about JGL being Batman in JL was true at the time he published it. And he doesn't debunk Mayimbe's exclusive either.

HitFix isn't one of the three major Hollywood trades, but it and AICN are vouching for LR's credibility this time around. Maybe Variety and Toldja are working on their article with 'exclusive' details?
There is no"Toldja"Nikki Finke just uses that phrase in her headlines.

Closed Thread