The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #726
titansupes
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^Nothing.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #727
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Go away for a few weeks, anxiously check back here for new reveals/photos... Nothing. Just the return of the JL rumors haunting this film. Reading between the lines of all the conflicting rumors I think it's clear that WB is just as uncertain what form JL will take as we are.

And Lois Lane has an engagement ring? It seems they could be tackling the whole 'age' issue of Amy to Cavill head on by implying she's at least had a romantic history. It could be Christopher Meloni's or Tahmoh Penikett's character perhaps? Either way I don't think it's a destructive change to the mythos.

I am starting to lean towards the opinions of those on here who say that we're not getting enough this close to the films release. It's really only stuff for us though.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #728
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
any news about the trailer? april?
There won't be another one..And the handcuffs poster is the international/final one

Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #729
GreenKToo
In the fire

So, some posters are coming out this week eh. As for the "bale returning as batman in the jl" rumors, not buying it yet.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #730
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
So, some posters are coming out this week eh.
They are?

Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #731
titansupes
Side-Kick

It's been implied, and only implied by two members here.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #732
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Oooh, ok. I thought there was some news I've missed. I don't think anything will happen news wise for the remainder of the month.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #733
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Implied with a winking smilie by someone whom in the past, has only did that when he knows something is up.....he could just be teasing, but i doubt it.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #734
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Implied with a winking smilie by someone whom in the past, has only did that when he knows something is up.....he could just be teasing, but i doubt it.
I know, but I'm maintaining a healthy(ish) skepticism.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #735
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
I know, but I'm maintaining a healthy(ish) skepticism.
Nothing wrong with that at all....its better than believing every little rumor that comes out...

Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #736
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Oooh I've gone back a few pages and saw the new posters post. If a new poster does come out this week, I'll start thinking the dude really does have some ´´insider`` credibility.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #737
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Oooh I've gone back a few pages and saw the new posters post. If a new poster does come out this week, I'll start thinking the dude really does have some ´´insider`` credibility.
FYI, that’s a form of confirmation bias sometimes referred to as “shotgunning.” Make your prediction broad enough, and some of it is bound to come true just by accident. In this case, we can be reasonably certain that WB will eventually release more marketing materials. But accurately guessing when it happens doesn’t necessarily mean you have “insider” knowledge; you could just be lucky.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #738
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
FYI, that’s a form of confirmation bias sometimes referred to as “shotgunning.” Make your prediction broad enough, and some of it is bound to come true just by accident. In this case, we can be reasonably certain that WB will eventually release more marketing materials. But accurately guessing when it happens doesn’t necessarily mean you have “insider” knowledge; you could just be lucky.
I'm aware of that but thanks for the lesson anyway, Dr.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #739
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #740
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm gonna make a prediction here and say new poster on Friday

Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #741
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

I predict a new trailer will debut online on April 5th!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #742
JimJimBinks
A friend

Well I predict the movie will be released on June 14th.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #743
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Well now that there are discriptions from early screenings hitting today... I'm thinking things will be dropping officially later today and the rest of the week. Since the cats out of the bag so to speak.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #744
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

16 weeks left. The number 16 looks MUCH better than the 100 days that are left. I can't believe that we are actually in the home stretch.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #745
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Did you guys already post away on the screening description that CBM posted today, the description was pretty amazing.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #746
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Did you guys already post away on the screening description that CBM posted today, the description was pretty amazing.
Can ya link me please? I tried to PM you, but you need to do some housecleaning on your message box.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. You know who you are, thank you!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 03-05-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #747
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

These dudes also claim they've seen the film:

http://www.sneakpeek.ca/2013/03/supe...screening.html

Quote:
An early screening of director Zack Snyder's upcoming Vancouver-lensed 'Superman' film "Man Of Steel", without the 3D conversion, has revealed the following details about the strict influence of "The Dark Knight"'s Christopher Nolan on the DC comic book adaptation, as co-writer of the screenplay (with David Goyer) and as one of the producers of the film:

As a movie about the first 'contact' of an alien being introduced to humanity, all Warners has allowed us to say is that the film has a serious, visceral tone, that producer Nolan is known for, as if it were not a 'comic book movie', although the mood is not as 'dour' as the trailers suggest. There is also plenty of 'tongue-in-cheek', but brilliantly realistic action sequences that Snyder was able to pull off (similar to the chilling level of accuracy displayed during his Kennedy assassination sequence from "Watchmen").

Interestingly, Superman's costume 'cape' also seems to have an 'alien' life of its own, swirling majestically through the air while wrapping up 'Kal-El' protectively.

Basically the intent of the film is to 'humanize' a being that is not human and Nolan's famous 'disconnect' of characters with the world around them, seems to work effectively here.
Enough is enough! I have had it with everyone and their bleeping dog claiming to have seen the bleeping film!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #748
Vagosnati
Vag-El

The best news so far is that we have girls in the forum.I was born for girls.And make them happy.it is my super strength.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #749
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
It's the same description from a few days ago.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #750
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
These dudes also claim they've seen the film:

http://www.sneakpeek.ca/2013/03/supe...screening.html

Enough is enough! I have had it with everyone and their bleeping dog claiming to have seen the bleeping film!
The cape comments intrigue me.
God, the action is going to be off the hook.

Closed Thread