The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #876
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Prudently cautious.

“He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.” - The Art of War
Even that quote from the Art of War, used in this context, implies that MOS would lose a fight with IM3. That's pessimism, not caution. It means you think there's a good change you'll lose.

Caution goes out the window when you have a winning strategy and a winning product.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #877
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
It comes out in less than two months. Man of Steel will get the blitzkrieg marketing we all want probably here in the next two to three weeks. Then, you won't be able to escape it.
Eh, it looks like they are waiting until late April or early May to me.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #878
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
WB is on a huge losing streak right now. MOS's performance is important.

Superman Returns was marketed like this and it only did okay, well under what WB had hoped for.
Don't worry, they have the next Harry Potter to fall back o.... Wait, they are done with those? Uh-oh.

And people wonder why I question the Hobbit TRILOGY.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #879
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Only the trailers have mentioned his name, fleetingly. And they've also mentioned that Zach Snyder is directing, and that he was the director of 300.
Point? Nolan's name was still utilized.

Quote:
Sorry, but the marketing isn't revolving around Nolan. And if someone is in the GA and knows enough about movies to know who Christopher Nolan is, then they are also smart enough to know the difference between a director and a producer.
You'd think that, but yet newbies arrive on this site on a weekly basis thinking that Nolan directed MOS as a producer.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #880
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

We shall see how well this "brought to you by the producers of blank" works when Oz hits this week.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 03-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #881
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

So Doomsday, your position is that the movie needs no marketing or at least very little and due to Nolan's name alone it is a lock to do 300mil or more?

I'm engaging in a bit of hyperbole but not much.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #882
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
We shall see how well this "brought to you by the produce of blank" works when Oz hits this week.
Worked fine for Transformers considering Spielberg's name was all over those three films.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #883
Fedor
Side-Kick

I need some MOS news now, or else i´ll start crying....

Old 03-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #884
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Worked fine for Transformers considering Spielberg's name was all over those three films.
No, what worked fine for Transformers was a huge and constant marketing strategy directed at young adult males who like robots, explosions, and Megan Fox making "sexy" poses over motorcycles.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #885
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
No, what worked fine for Transformers was a huge and constant marketing strategy directed at young adult males who like robots, explosions, and Megan Fox making "sexy" poses over motorcycles.
OZ has also had a good marketing campaign. It might fail for all I know but Disney didn't half ass it.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #886
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
So Doomsday, your position is that the movie needs no marketing or at least very little and due to Nolan's name alone it is a lock to do 300mil or more?

I'm engaging in a bit of hyperbole but not much.
What's different about the marketing that TDK, Inception, and TDKR featured? It was virtually the identical formula/template. Call it what you will, but WB did release a teaser in front of TDKR and a full length trailer in front of The Hobbit. That counts as marketing.

With three months to go and WB desperate (more than ever for a hit), I'm not shaking in my boots about what's coming.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #887
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Has there been viral marketing for this? TDK, Inception and TDKR all had that.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #888
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I'm not shaking in my boots about what's coming.
Our complaints aren't about the future. Our complaints are about the past and present.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #889
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
There was the rigged poster release meter. I guess that was "viral," kind of like a plague that sucked the life out of every superman fan involved in it.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #890
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
There was the rigged poster release meter. I guess that was "viral," kind of like a plague that sucked the life out of every superman fan involved in it.
That had a lot working against it. The rigged contest, and the crappiness of the poster.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #891
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Our complaints aren't about the future. Our complaints are about the past and present.
The past is the past, and the present constantly changes.

The only thing that worries me is the spot WB decided to place MOS in.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #892
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Sooooo the Kryptonian Countdown to the full-length trailer isn't considered a viral?

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #893
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Sooooo the Kryptonian Countdown to the full-length trailer isn't considered a viral?
Did that involve any sort of activity on the part of fans? I honestly can't even remember.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #894
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I don't know what they have done, which is why I am asking.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #895
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
What's different about the marketing that TDK, Inception, and TDKR featured? It was virtually the identical formula/template. Call it what you will, but WB did release a teaser in front of TDKR and a full length trailer in front of The Hobbit. That counts as marketing.

With three months to go and WB desperate (more than ever for a hit), I'm not shaking in my boots about what's coming.
TDK and TDKR's are sequels and Inception was the new Matrix and is not a Superhero movie.

We need to be comparing this to 2009's Star Trek, 2005,s Batman Begins and 2006's Superman Returns. You know, reboots?

Usually studios can push a sequel less when the original was successful. So far MOS is being pushed less than sequels like Star Trek 2, Fast 6 and IM3 and even the Hunger Games sequel which comes out in freakin November!

That is odd and super risky. And you keep neglicting to mention that WB was overly confident with the last Superman film and it disappointed and it got good reviews as well.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-05-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #896
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Did that involve any sort of activity on the part of fans? I honestly can't even remember.
Yep, and it was fun.

Quote:
I don't know what they have done, which is why I am asking.
The Countdown was perhaps the biggest thus far. It was a tad better than TDKR's.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #897
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Great post, I SEE SPIDEY.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #898
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Seconded

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #899
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Thanks.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #900
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
TDK and TDKR's are sequels and Inception was the new Matrix and is not a Superhero movie.
That shouldn't dilute the films' successes in this marketing scheme. Popular sequels have disappointed or flopped before. Genre(s) don't play favorites either.

Quote:
We need to be comparing this to 2009's Star Trek, 2005,s Batman Begins and 2006's Superman Returns. You know, reboots?
Most casual fans aren't even aware that MOS is a reboot.

Quote:
Usually studios can push a sequel less when the original was successful. So far MOS is being pushed less than sequels like Star Trek 2, Fast 6 and IM3, that is odd and super risky. And you keep neglicting to mention that WB was overly confident with the last Superman film and it disappointed and itgot good reviews as well.
Returns' WOD wasn't exactly stellar. Singer crafted a film that didn't connect with the modern audience which is why the replay value wasn't a factor. Returns wasn't a bad film whatsoever, but neither was MIB 3.

Star Trek 2 - May 17th
Fast 6 - May 24th
IM3 - May 5th

MOS may not being pushed as in the marketing department as these franchises are but other than a Superbowl spot, I haven't really been blitzed by Iron Man, Klingons, and Fast Cars other than in theaters.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread