The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #10
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure releasing a few stills on MOS's official FB page (as they did with TDKR) wouldn't cost them more than a dime.
Really? Even though those stills were already sold to Empire for their April issue? Or EW for their June spread?

Maybe a clip then, right? But what if that clip was already booked for an Entertainment Tonight exclusive?

Guys, it's way more complicated than most of you realize. Marketing strategies are in place months and months in advance. Some of you make it sound like WB is playing it day by day and hoping for the best.

I rarely say "trust me" but in this instance, trust me. Ask Showtime or FN Jamie. I think I'm the only journalist around that's cost WB millions of marketing money on one film.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps