Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #551
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: My Team is Better Than Your Team! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
Well to be fair to that pont Wade is the dirtiest player in the game and a little prick so.....
Really? This from a Laker fan? Did Artest suddenly retire after tonight's game or something?

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #552
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
Really? This from a Laker fan? Did Artest suddenly retire after tonight's game or something?
Those are probably the 2 players I can think of that retaliate to an opposing player if they get handled during a play or dont get a call they want

Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #553
BatSpider
Not an S

The injury Rondo got from Wade during the playoffs is still the most despicable thing i've seen in basketball.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:48 AM   #554
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I won't pretend Wade has been some choir boy with some of his responses over the last year or two, but there are a few other names that would come to mind on that list before him in my possibly Biscayne Blvd-swayed opinion. Bynum almost killed Barea, Beasley and Gerald Wallace. Guys like Matt Barnes or Hansbrough seem to be in a dustup every other game. Hell, throw Rondo in the needlessly scrappy list too.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #555
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
The injury Rondo got from Wade during the playoffs is still the most despicable thing i've seen in basketball.
Really? Then you haven't been watching basketball long.

Let's not act like Rondo is a saint either. When the guy is in 'hot-head' mode, he'll push players into crowds and throw punches.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #556
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
The most despicable thing? Are you being serious right now? What about Andrew Bynum leveling an airborne JJ Barea? Reggie Evans squeezing Chris Kaman’s nuts from behind? Kobe elbowing Mike Millers throat head on? Ron Artest nearly knocking James Harden out cold with an elbow? Even if D-Wade intentionally tripped Rondo, which I kinda do think happened because the ball was already out of bounds by the time they tripped, and also because Rondo’s a bit of a d*** anyways, it’s not like he planned to dislocate the guy’s elbow! No way you can find tripping someone tangled with and pulling at you worse (or more despicable) than leveling someone in mid-air or clocking someone in the throat intentionally with one of the sharpest bones on the human body.

D-Wade has always come off as a stand his ground type of dude to me like when he collided with Darren Collison in the playoffs. To me that was a “Get the **** outta my way!” move (He WAS running full speed and cut off by him) or shoving Rip Hamilton to the floor for swinging his elbows at him (even though Rip of course made Wade look 12x stronger by flopping back). Some of those plays remind me of ones like with Kobe shoving Raja Bell out of his space when they got tangled up once. You can either look at that as dirty or just being “hard”. You do have players calling every other player ‘soft’ in this league, right? I think dirty is the wrong word for Wade. Dirty suits someone more like KG who will throw elbows, set illegal screens, and talk about your dead parents during a game. Wade’s just not gonna come off as a little b**** when it comes to getting physical in a game. I think if Wade was truly dirty we would have heard about a lot more incidents with him.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean

Last edited by JaD; 03-06-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #557
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Watching last nights game makes me hope the lakers do make the playoffs, they'll get dusted pretty quick despite how much the league and officials try to help them out (as usual).

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 03-06-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #558
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
or shoving Rip Hamilton to the floor for swinging his elbows at him (even though Rip of course made Wade look 12x stronger by flopping back).
Meh. I think Rip makes him look 12x stronger straight off the bat simply by being constructed entirely out of balsa wood...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."

Last edited by Hound55; 03-06-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #559
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

ESPN's ticker is actually reading "Los Spurs", "Los Lakers", "El Heat"

Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #560
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Anybody think Kobe might be on roids?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #561
L.A.
Side-Kick

I'm glad Eric Gordon ain't a clipper anymore! He cost us a lot close games

Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #562
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Anybody think Kobe might be on roids?
That would explain his knee healing completely. While we are on roids, rumor has it there is a some evidence of LeBron and that Bosh dude that was known for steroids. And no not Chris Bosh. I'm on my phone and can't post the link right now. I think roids are rampant in the NBA but if certain players were found to be on them, it would bring the league down big time. So you'd only get a Rashad Lewis or Turkaglu being found out.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #563
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I know what you're talking about. As far as I can tell that rumor came from some guy on twitter who is known for posting ******** and only has a few real scoops.

I don't think Lebron needs steroids, but I'd definitely believe it if a rumor came out about Kobe being on roids. What he is doing right now night in and night out at his age is insane. He looks about 3 years younger than he did LAST year. I know he had that German knee surgery and GAOT will but even those will only take you so far at 34.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #564
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

LeBron and Kobe are not on steroids.

Kobe possibly taking HGH however, that's another story. It's beyond obvious that Human Growth Hormone is running rampant in the NFL and MLB. So I wouldn't put it past players like Kobe who need alittle extra after years of injuries. With that said, I doubt Kobe took HGH too.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #565
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Isn't HGH considered a steroid?

Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #566
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I think roids are rampant in the NBA but if certain players were found to be on them, it would bring the league down big time. So you'd only get a Rashad Lewis or Turkaglu being found out.
I agree with this. If Lebron or Kobe ever were discovered using roids Stern would crush that evidence immediately. Really makes you think...the NBA isn't known for having strict PED tests and you can only imagine what kind of drugs these athletes have access to. Maybe players like Lebron wouldn't risk it because of their image or Westbrook because of his youth and he strikes me as someone who would consider it cheating, but I can see a ton of mid-level guys taking them. And I really do not put it pass Kobe at this stage in his career either.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #567
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Isn't HGH considered a steroid?
Judging how these organizations and leagues punish 'roid' users but skip HGH testing, I would say no... I guess.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #568
Anubis
Sup?

Kobe injects unicorn placenta into his scrotum.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #569
#1Batmanfan
Side-Kick

Yo LA did you see Blakes dunk tonight !!!

#1 Clippers fan
Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #570
L.A.
Side-Kick

Man that alley OP from Crawford to Griffin could be dunk of the year!

Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #571
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

As a hardcore Lakers fan who is completely rooting for them to make the playoffs......

......I have to admit it's a little strange what Kobe's been doing last couple of games. I really thought his body was breaking down when Dallas took them out a couple years ago. Then he got that German knee procedure and looked great last year and this year.

Scoring points has never been an issue for Kobe and will never be, but it's the type of points that he's been scoring lately that have got me a little paranoid.

Last year he was doing a lot of work in the post, in mid-range, and from distance. Last couple of games he's been getting to the rim INCREDIBLY well (most noteworthy all those dunks he had on Josh Smith 10 years younger than him).

Maybe that German procedure works better than we thought.
Maybe he's just getting a second wind in his career.
Maybe he's just been playing horrible defenses last couple of games.

Or yeah, maybe he's on something. It wouldn't surprise me, at all. It wouldn't surprise me if Bron was on something either, hell it wouldn't surprise me if any of the players in the NBA were on something. It's pretty rampant in every other major sport, I'm to believe it's not in the NBA at all?

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion

Last edited by ImWithTeamConan; 03-07-2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #572
BatSpider
Not an S

The Hornets were up 25+!!! on the Lakers but go down 108-102

That was no good game on the lakers part whatsoever but they never gave up while in the last quarter the Hornets forgot what sport they were playing.

Side note: Kobe is not human.

edit: inbounds dunk by Kobe in last 25 secs.....holy freaking crap, Hornets were playing defense for THEIR OWN BASKET

smdh

Last edited by BatSpider; 03-07-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #573
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWithTeamConan View Post
As a hardcore Lakers fan who is completely rooting for them to make the playoffs......

......I have to admit it's a little strange what Kobe's been doing last couple of games. I really thought his body was breaking down when Dallas took them out a couple years ago. Then he got that German knee procedure and looked great last year and this year.

Scoring points has never been an issue for Kobe and will never be, but it's the type of points that he's been scoring lately that have got me a little paranoid.

Last year he was doing a lot of work in the post, in mid-range, and from distance. Last couple of games he's been getting to the rim INCREDIBLY well (most noteworthy all those dunks he had on Josh Smith 10 years younger than him).

Maybe that German procedure works better than we thought.
Maybe he's just getting a second wind in his career.
Maybe he's just been playing horrible defenses last couple of games.

Or yeah, maybe he's on something. It wouldn't surprise me, at all. It wouldn't surprise me if Bron was on something either, hell it wouldn't surprise me if any of the players in the NBA were on something. It's pretty rampant in every other major sport, I'm to believe it's not in the NBA at all?
This is pretty much my thought process on it.

Except even just last year Kobe wasn't looking this good. During that OKC series he looked old and tired, now he's playing like someone 10 years younger than him. I've seen flashes of afro Kobe recently. Just...very oddly timed. Kobe always says win no matter the cost.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 AM   #574
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
This is pretty much my thought process on it.

Except even just last year Kobe wasn't looking this good. During that OKC series he looked old and tired, now he's playing like someone 10 years younger than him. I've seen flashes of afro Kobe recently. Just...very oddly timed. Kobe always says win no matter the cost.
He had 42 points in the final game of that series.

How about we give the dude props (for once!!) & appreciate how hard he's going. Making Nash more of a spot up shooter spreads the floor a lot more than it was the last few seasons. You can't leave him or it's almost automatic. When Meeks, Jamison or (shudder) MWP are hitting open shots, it's even more so.

Beyond all that though he's getting calls on his drives, at least to my eye, much more than he was the past 3 seasons. Give Kobe 7-10 FTs a game, and he'll put up 30+ almost every night.

And let's not forget, Charles Barkley, a couple weeks ago, said he couldn't put up 40 pt games consistently anymore. Since then, he's had 3 and a couple near misses. Don't underestimate how something like that will motivate him the rest of the year.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 03-07-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #575
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Kobe injects unicorn placenta into his scrotum.
Yeah, but that's not for the performance enhancing properties. He just likes the buzz...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Closed Thread