Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 8

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

In other MCU news, this website says the first trailer for Thor: TDW will be released online on April 2.

http://emileeid.com/2013/03/06/exclu...week-of-april/

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
In other MCU news, this website says the first trailer for Thor: TDW will be released online on April 2.

yay!!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

That'd be awesome, even though I'm not familiar with their credibility nor their site.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

^ that is definitely the Hypervelocity armor from the Iron Man 2 toyline, which they now finally feature in a film.

Concept art from Iron Man 1

Figure from the Iron Man 2 toyline

Figure in the Iron Man 3 Toyline

Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 03-06-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Love your avvy, Son of Coul.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
protocida
Side-Kick

Reposting speculation.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Tony has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and keeps making suits. Stark Industries is working with A.I.M, which is run by Aldrich Killian, and announces the creation of the Extremis Virus made by Tony's old flame Dr. Maya Hansen.

Tony goes to China and gets Extremis injected into himself by Dr. Wu, and I believe he sabotages the procedure. Tony gets back to America, and makes the Mark 42. Pepper isn't much happy about it. Meanwhile, Killian is secretly producing Extremis soldiers for The Mandarin. Rhodes' War Machine is turned into the Iron Patriot.

The Mandarin announces that he'll bomb the Grauman Chinese Theater, which he does, injuring Happy Hogan in the process. Tony creates the H.A.P.Py suit before Happy dies, and calls out The Mandarin. Meanwhile, Maya finds out Killian might have been using the Extremis in shady stuff and goes to inform Tony when the Mandarin bombs his house, although Tony, Pepper and Maya survive.

The President declares war on The Mandarin, and the Iron Patriot is called to provide security for Air Force One. However, it's actually Jack Taggert in the armor, and Eric Savin is infiltrated in the staff. They sabotage the plane just as Tony finds out Rhodes in not in the armor. He goes, saves some of the staff, but the President is killed and The Mandarin disables Tony's suit just as he's passing Tennessee.

Tony ends up in the Davis' family barn, where he meets Harley and his mom. Meanwhile, Rhodes begins to investigate Killian with Maya's help, and Pepper is kidnapped by Killian and taken to the AIM hideout at the construction site, where Killian, Savin and Taggart become Extremis Soldiers.

Tony gets his suit working, returns to America and meets with Maya, who fixes the Extremis in his bloodstream. Tony and Rhodes then infiltrate AIM and rescue Pepper. Tony summons the Iron Legion and gets inside the Heartbreaker. Big battle between the Iron Legion and the Extremis Soldiers. H.A.P.Py is destroyed, Heartbreaker is destroyed, so Tony pieces together another one, and finally the Extremis armor, defeating Killian. Pepper dons the Rescue armor, and eventually Savin and Taggert are defeated as well.

Maya disables all Extremis technology, and Tony dons the revisited Mark I to confront The Mandarin at his palace is Villa Vicayza. The Mandarin is defeated and imprisioned. Happy ending, Tony and Pepper reunite, Maya goes her own way, Rhodes gets back to being War Machine.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

OOOOOOO can't WAIT!!!

Posted Ipad sized wallpapers in the fanart thread

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #10
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:

super stoked!
looks like i have about a month to hit more than 300 post to get new Thor avvy

Old 03-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Reposting speculation.

Tony has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and keeps making suits. Stark Industries is working with A.I.M, which is run by Aldrich Killian, and announces the creation of the Extremis Virus made by Tony's old flame Dr. Maya Hansen.

Tony goes to China and gets Extremis injected into himself by Dr. Wu, and I believe he sabotages the procedure. Tony gets back to America, and makes the Mark 42. Pepper isn't much happy about it. Meanwhile, Killian is secretly producing Extremis soldiers for The Mandarin. Rhodes' War Machine is turned into the Iron Patriot.

The Mandarin announces that he'll bomb the Grauman Chinese Theater, which he does, injuring Happy Hogan in the process. Tony creates the H.A.P.Py suit before Happy dies, and calls out The Mandarin. Meanwhile, Maya finds out Killian might have been using the Extremis in shady stuff and goes to inform Tony when the Mandarin bombs his house, although Tony, Pepper and Maya survive.

The President declares war on The Mandarin, and the Iron Patriot is called to provide security for Air Force One. However, it's actually Jack Taggert in the armor, and Eric Savin is infiltrated in the staff. They sabotage the plane just as Tony finds out Rhodes in not in the armor. He goes, saves some of the staff, but the President is killed and The Mandarin disables Tony's suit just as he's passing Tennessee.

Tony ends up in the Davis' family barn, where he meets Harley and his mom. Meanwhile, Rhodes begins to investigate Killian with Maya's help, and Pepper is kidnapped by Killian and taken to the AIM hideout at the construction site, where Killian, Savin and Taggart become Extremis Soldiers.

Tony gets his suit working, returns to America and meets with Maya, who fixes the Extremis in his bloodstream. Tony and Rhodes then infiltrate AIM and rescue Pepper. Tony summons the Iron Legion and gets inside the Heartbreaker. Big battle between the Iron Legion and the Extremis Soldiers. H.A.P.Py is destroyed, Heartbreaker is destroyed, so Tony pieces together another one, and finally the Extremis armor, defeating Killian. Pepper dons the Rescue armor, and eventually Savin and Taggert are defeated as well.

Maya disables all Extremis technology, and Tony dons the revisited Mark I to confront The Mandarin at his palace is Villa Vicayza. The Mandarin is defeated and imprisioned. Happy ending, Tony and Pepper reunite, Maya goes her own way, Rhodes gets back to being War Machine.
wayy to ruin the whole movie for me
jk but i hope Mandarin is much more threatening and gives Tony a run for his money.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #12
xeno000
Raining hell from above

The most adorable Iron Man toys ever:

Old 03-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Thought that's what that was too
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post

^ that is definitely the Hypervelocity armor from the Iron Man 2 toyline, which they now finally feature in a film.

Concept art from Iron Man 1

Figure from the Iron Man 2 toyline

Figure in the Iron Man 3 Toyline

....to every King.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #14
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Why do they look like cousin's to Sponge Bob?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
The most adorable Iron Man toys ever:

....to every King.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Why do they look like cousin's to Sponge Bob?
That's 'cos they're babies.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That's 'cos they're babies.
Tin Butt Stark babies? Nice! hahaha

....to every King.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #17
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Vartha I love all your wallpaper work and other stuff you post in the art forums. Makes me wanna fool around and try and make some cool stuff haha. it'd be a nice, fun break from all the school work and t-shirt designing I've been doing lately lol

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Reposting speculation.

Very good. I think you're almost perfectly on target.
One loose string, though:

Maya is shown in an official screenshot sitting pretty and looking smug at the actual AIM shipyard. (It's a shipyard, not a construction site, btw; and it's located in South Florida, near Miami.) Safe money says she actually betrays Tony, and has been playing him for a sucker the whole film. Yes, she turns off the Extremis armors, but to *hurt* Tony, not *help* him. She was actually a villain in the comic, and she likely will be in the movie, too.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #19
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Vartha I love all your wallpaper work and other stuff you post in the art forums. Makes me wanna fool around and try and make some cool stuff haha. it'd be a nice, fun break from all the school work and t-shirt designing I've been doing lately lol
Go for it. I made sets of Graphics for the Stark o.s. just for the use on the wallpapers since you can't add any themes that aren't Microsoft to Windows Xp

....to every King.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #20
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Go for it. I made sets of Graphics for the Stark o.s. just for the use on the wallpapers since you can't add any themes that aren't Microsoft to Windows Xp
cool I'll have to check em out! I used to do a bunch of designing for people for like signatures and stuff on battlegrounds forums when I played there a lot. Haven't created anything like that in awhile lol. I'm mostly doing random Indesign projects for my one class and making logos/shirt template ideas for my buddies company he's trying to start.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #21
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Very good. I think you're almost perfectly on target.
One loose string, though:

Maya is shown in an official screenshot sitting pretty and looking smug at the actual AIM shipyard. (It's a shipyard, not a construction site, btw; and it's located in South Florida, near Miami.) Safe money says she actually betrays Tony, and has been playing him for a sucker the whole film. Yes, she turns off the Extremis armors, but to *hurt* Tony, not *help* him. She was actually a villain in the comic, and she likely will be in the movie, too.

Oooh, good catch. I actually imagined she'd probably turn out to have betrayed Tony, but that's a very good observation.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #22
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I heard she's on her way to becoming Madame Masque anyway. God I hope the Masters of Evil are in TA2 so she has a chance to appear.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #23
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Love your avvy, Son of Coul.
Thanks. Credit to Kane.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #24
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I heard she's on her way to becoming Madame Masque anyway. God I hope the Masters of Evil are in TA2 so she has a chance to appear.
Remember that report by the radio host who interviewed Frank Grillo and said he'd appear in The Avengers 2? I don't remember that ever being debunked so Masters of Evil is definitely a possibility.

edit > comic book movie .com /fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=69509

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 03-06-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #25
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Remember that report by the radio host who interviewed Frank Grillo and said he'd appear in The Avengers 2? I don't remember that ever being debunked so Masters of Evil is definitely a possibility.
I'm cool with MoE and Thanos in A2.. possibly have it non stop fighting almost haha.. MoE comes into the spotlight in act 1 and the team gets together, each avengers takes out a MoE member or something in Act2, and Act3 Thanos reveals himself and is taken out by all together + maybe some last second cosmic help I'm cool w/ that movie lol

Closed Thread