The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #76
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaviusINC View Post
An absolutely stunning piece based on the 1st TMNT cover done in zbrush I found on deviantArt.I can only dream of getting something like this back on the screen one day...

Here's the link to the full size:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...oc-d4caljs.jpg
This is amazing!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #77
sweetre15
Positive Page

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX View Post
I think Bay meant for the turtles themselves to be of an alien origin, not just the mutagen. Everybody knows that the mutagen was from aliens, be it the utroms or Krang himself. But the earlier press releases for Bays turtles seemed to put emphasis on the turtles being an alien species rather than genetic freaks of nature/ mutations.
Anyone who read the leaked script would know that in this stupid movie, it seems like they'll be introduced as mutated turtles BUT it was all a lie to protect them so they can fill out the prophecy of saving Dimension X since they're part of a race of extinct warrior turtles.....I'm DEAD serious too.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #78
Mr.?
Side-Kick

I am a TMNT fanatic but I refuse to pay for this movie and hope it fails.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #79
Octoberist
point blank

Dudes and Duddettes, if Bay, Jonathan Liesbesman and their writing team don't take inspiration from the IDW comics, then they are truly a bunch of morons. Seriously.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 AM   #80
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Anyone who read the leaked script would know that in this stupid movie, it seems like they'll be introduced as mutated turtles BUT it was all a lie to protect them so they can fill out the prophecy of saving Dimension X since they're part of a race of extinct warrior turtles.....I'm DEAD serious too.
The problem with the script, among many things, is that Bay and his team are trying to re-invent the wheel with..lesser ideas.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #81
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Bay is not that creative in general. He should do what Zack Snyder does and use other people's ideas and shoot the hell out of it. Although I'd argue Sucker Punch was more imaginative than anything Bay has done

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 AM   #82
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

the idw comics are brilliant. I'd love for the movie to open up in feudal japan with hamato yoshi and his four teenage sons being executed by oroku saki and the foot. with the rest of that story being told later on throughout the film by the reincarnated hamato yoshi aka splinter...i thought that was very epic in the comic. brilliantly told aspect that had been artfully re imagined.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #83
Octoberist
point blank

To be fair, it's been more than a year since the 'script leak' and Paramount denouncing that script for a rewrite and delay. Bay is an interesting guy because I think he is smart in some ways; if he wasn't he wouldn't be this successful in this biz. But he's so..emotionally immature and out of touch with reality that it blinds his judgment on filmmaking.

Only failure will lead him to do a more 'grounded' film like 'Pain and Gain' which looks entertaining enough. Honestly, it looks like a Stanley Kubrick film compared to 'Transformers 2', haha.

That being said, I think he and Jonathan are intuitive to know that that script didn't work and they have to listen to the beeping fans (for once). And this is why social networking is a great weapon: It will spread the word if something's crap right away and sometimes, people like Bay HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO RESPOND.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:54 AM   #84
Octoberist
point blank

I have a feeling - a gut feeling - that they're going back to the original source. I think they are TEENAGE MUTANTS again, as hinted by Bay himself with his 'Megan Fox' announcement (His use of 'TMNT' is most likely intentional).

MY POSITIVE ATTITUDE:

Jonathan Liesbman is the duke of the journeyman, looking over Hack Kingdom. His heart's in the right place, and if he cites The Raid as an inspiration, then so be it. If you're gonna steal, steal from quality movies I suppose. But God, he needs to step it up. He's fooled me three times with his past work, so I can't judge his interviews. He comes across as a nice and smart dude; but that's not enough anymore. BRING IN THE TALENT!

I also think they'll keep it simple: Foot Clan and maybe Baxter Stockman with his Mousers. If there are any mutants, maybe they'll use Leatherhead or maybe use Rocksteady and Bebeop.

But I expect Shredder to be the main baddie.

MY NEGATIVE ATTITUDE:

I think it's also possible that Bay may pull a Transformers (unless he's sincere about making the fourth film better) and make April and Casey the main characters. That would make me so mad. In the Transformers films, none of the bots had arcs; they were just there for the action scenes, and in-between they're usually used as background props, jokes or lame exposition. I don't want that in TMNT. It would be strange too if it ends up that the original 1990 TMNT film had more balls than the 2014 TMNT because they had the guts to place the Turtles front and center.

Last edited by Octoberist; 03-06-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #85
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

I wish Fox wasn't in this film. I'm not saying she's some great actress, but I'd rather have SMG..She has a sarcastic wit and is quite endearing at times.. Fox doesn't have much personality.

These are the cards that we were dealt though.

Quote:

Old 03-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #86
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Laird's thoughts on Fox...

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....14282848423727

Quote:
PLFebruary 22, 2013 at 6:54 AM

My only exposure to Megan Fox as an actress is through her role in two "Transformers" movies and the wretched (but happily forgettable) "Jennifer's Body". It may not be fair to judge her range of acting skills just from those three movies, but I think it is safe to say that there are probably hundreds of better choices for the role of April O'Neil. Of course, her name has promotional value, and maybe that's what they want. Who knows? I can't get myself too worked up about it. -- PL

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #87
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Gotta love that ringing endorsement lol.

Quote:

Old 03-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #88
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I knew he wouldn't agree. April is not supposed to be insanely glamour hot. Kendrick, Rossum, etc. are more the type.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #89
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

It's a shame no one on the production of this film listens to Peter Laird. He seems to be the only voice of reason, but since Eastman doesn't seem to care what they do to their creation, the studios and Bay's production team will take advantage of their "creative" freedom and butcher this franchise as much as they want. Eastman, as the consultant to this movie and co-creator of TMNT as a whole, why don't you listen to the fans more?! Ugh

Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #90
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I knew he wouldn't agree. April is not supposed to be insanely glamour hot. Kendrick, Rossum, etc. are more the type.
Emmy would be so great as April. Even though every kid and Macy, are great on Shameless... She is the captain. Damn, she is wonderful.

RIP
Oliver Queen
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #91
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
It's a shame no one on the production of this film listens to Peter Laird. He seems to be the only voice of reason, but since Eastman doesn't seem to care what they do to their creation, the studios and Bay's production team will take advantage of their "creative" freedom and butcher this franchise as much as they want. Eastman, as the consultant to this movie and co-creator of TMNT as a whole, why don't you listen to the fans more?! Ugh
Just because Eastman's talking, doesn't really mean they have to listen to him. It's their film and they can do whatever they want with it.

I never really trust a film when a creator is brought on as a "consultant" since you never know how much influence they have.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #92
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Just because Eastman's talking, doesn't really mean they have to listen to him. It's their film and they can do whatever they want with it.

I never really trust a film when a creator is brought on as a "consultant" since you never know how much influence they have.
Yeah but see that's the thing: Kevin Eastman goes along with whatever the latest filmmaker and studio want to do to TMNT. Of corse this is probably because he focuses more on dollar signs while Peter Laird wants to stay true to the original story of the Turtles. He's not interested in tweaking and changing important details. Basically, he's on the same par as the fanboys.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #93
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
Yeah but see that's the thing: Kevin Eastman goes along with whatever the latest filmmaker and studio want to do to TMNT. Of corse this is probably because he focuses more on dollar signs while Peter Laird wants to stay true to the original story of the Turtles. He's not interested in tweaking and changing important details. Basically, he's on the same par as the fanboys.
Yeah, that may be true. But, I can't imagine Eastman didn't at least suggest using some of the ideas from the current IDW comics to allow for something different past TMNT stuff, but fans still enjoy.

Part of me feels this'll end up like "The Last Airbender" where the creators are said to be involved, but aren't really and can't really say how bad it is.

"

Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #94
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Sad thing is, Eastman and Laird may be the creators of the TMNT, but neither own the rights anymore. Eastman sold his share to Laird, and Laird sold the entire franchise to Nick/Paramount. And although Eastman is one of my favorite creators, and he and Tom Waltz are doing awesome things with the IDW comic, I think he's just happy to be back in the saddle with a popular franchise , and just going along with Bay to make money ( word is, he lost ALOT of money on his comic museum, various projects with Tundra publishing, etc.). Creative consultant is just a title, with no real power IMO. Larry Hama was a creative consultant on G.I. JOE : The Rise of Cobra, and that movie still turned out wack. Alot of fanboys use to call Peter Laird a " grouchy old man " because of his strict nature with the turtles, but one thing's for certain, he treated the turtles like his on children, and wasn't in it for the dough. Even though vol. 4 of Mirage's TMNT kinda sucked under his direction, 2003' 4KIDS TMNT cartoon was AWESOME because of his strict guidelines.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #95
DrDoom
Dictator

Kate Upton woulda been an AWESOME April

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 03-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #96
InstaKill
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Kate Upton woulda been an AWESOME April
Even 4th graders have supporting examples after their thesis.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #97
DrDoom
Dictator

Boobies

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 03-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #98
InstaKill
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Boobies
We're gonna get along just fine.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #99
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Boobies
Hey Michael, how's it going?

Quote:

Old 03-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #100
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I read the suggestion of Mae Whitman for April. Don't know why it never occurred to me before.

Closed Thread