The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: Who made the better Catwoman?
Michelle Pfeiffer 65 37.57%
Anne Hathaway 108 62.43%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #101
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

I like Anne, she did great and her character was very in line with what is the modern take on Catwoman, that said, Michelle is far more memorable. I wish TDKR hadn't neutered the "cat" concept so much; otherwise Anne did great, but Michelle just stands out, like Julia Newmar.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #102
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,394
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

I think the comforting thing is that the seminal movie Catwoman is still to come.

Edit: Hope I live to see her.

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #103
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,804
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Quote:
And if they didn't? What then? Are they 'disrespecting' it? That's such an irrational conclusion to draw.
If they didn't? Then they've basically missed half the basic point of the character.

Which they did.

That half being that she's not just a catburglar...she's someone with some of the metaphorical attributes of a cat. She's someone who likes and identifies with cats. In omitting THAT, they're further missing half the psychological makeup of Catwoman. That this is a woman damaged enough to A, emulate a "Batman" in the first place, and B, to adopt a new identity and to immerse herself in this sort of a self made mythology, and WHY she does that from a psychological and social standpoint.

And yes, in the movie, I know she's not supposed to be those things. In the movie, she's only remotely "Catwoman" because she's a cat burglar and because we all know who she's supposed to be because we know the concept of Catwoman from previous Batman stories.

In my mind, Nolan only presented about a third of what makes Selina Kyle an interesting character. They missed the chance to connect her that much more to Batman, to really explore their parallells and differences and connection to a concept.

Not "going there", for lack of a better term is one more reminder that they're just scratching the surface of the character and her potential to be interesting and relevant to the overall concepts of the Batman mythology, either because they don't understand the character, or because they're, on some level, ashamed of her trappings.

The whole, "she happens to look vaguely catlike when her goggles are raised" thing? Yeah, that's no less "cutesy" and "cartoony" and convenient than calling her "Catwoman" because she wants to be associated as such.

Quote:
So what if they did name a couple of villains? They didn't have to, and the point would still be clear in many cases.
So...the creators obviously cared enough to have those villains own/adopt these new identities, a major theme of this franchise. There's even a whole scene devoted to it in BATMAN BEGINS with Crane. Whereas Selina just seems to be wearing black leather and cat's ear goggles...because its fashionable, I guess.

Heck, as far as names go, in Bane's case, I'd bet that most people don't even know what "bane" means. It's not a very commonly used word. For all they know, that's just the character's name.

Quote:
I feel that while The Joker and Bane make the respective characters more ominous (largely because they don't have real identities underneath as Selina and Dent do), there are times when giving them a name does not have that effect, and is more of just a cute gimmick.
This is the problem as I see it. Those "cute gimmicks" do not have to be portrayed as only a gimmick, any more than Batman dressing as a bat should just be Batman arbitrarily dressing as a bat, with no deeper significance to his character and the mythology. Those "gimmicks", as you call them. are the elements that form the core of the Batman mythology, and always have been. And they're some of the most unique things about the characters.

Quote:
Catwoman is one of those cases. Two-Face at least was explained as a nickname based on his reputation.
And Catwoman's nickname couldn't be a nickname based on her reputation?

Quote:
And even so, they don't go around calling him "TWO-FACE!! Hey, put down the gun, Two-Face!" for the rest of the movie (looking at you, Batman Forever). They still call him Harvey.
And no one's asking to have her called "Catwoman" all the time. No one's even saying it's neccessary for her to be called "Catwoman" in the film.

I get the whole "I'm Batman" thing not working so well. And, like Batman, Scarecrow, etc, there's no reason she has to name herself "Catwoman", either.

Quote:
You could take the 'her reputation names her' approach to Catwoman as well, but it's more likely that they'd just refer to her as a cat burglar than come up with a counterpart name to Batman.
Is it? This is a woman who is essentially in costume in a more grounded world. I would imagine that in a world with "Batman", it wouldn't be too hard for the press to run with "Catwoman" if a woman dressed in a catlike motif appeared on the scene.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #104
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
I like Anne, she did great and her character was very in line with what is the modern take on Catwoman, that said, Michelle is far more memorable. I wish TDKR hadn't neutered the "cat" concept so much; otherwise Anne did great, but Michelle just stands out, like Julia Newmar.
I agree. Anne did a fantastic job, but Michelle was more iconic.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #105
Hellion
He's Not Serious
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sunny Southern CA--with the other beautiful people
Posts: 4,996
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer


__________________
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #106
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

/end thread

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #107
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,707
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer



Game. Set. Match.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #108
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,839
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer


Saw this amazing photo of Anne with the Oscar she earned. Just had to post it somewhere.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2

Last edited by AnneFan; 03-06-2013 at 01:26 AM.
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #109
Elevator Man
Side-Kick
 
Elevator Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,934
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer


Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #110
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,038
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

If people are going to use the lack of anyone saying "Catwoman" in TDKR against the performance or characterization well...there's not much else to say. That is just such a picky fanboy complaint. Where is the anger at the beloved Avengers for never calling Hawkeye Hawkeye? Is there any outrage at the Iron Man movies for not calling either of its first two villains by their comic book names?

I think saying Pffeifer had the better costume is more iconic is a much better argument. I disagree, at least on being more iconic, but at least it is not semantics.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #111
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

I also think Pfieffer's characterization was more iconic.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #112
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Also, I'm pretty sure Black Widow calls Barton "Hawkeye" once in the Avengers.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #113
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,634
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Very different takes of the character and both very good. I have to go with my sentimental favorite though, Michelle. The moment i read "Catwoman" her image is the one that comes to mind still.

__________________
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #114
Hellion
He's Not Serious
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sunny Southern CA--with the other beautiful people
Posts: 4,996
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Quote:
Very different takes of the character and both very good. I have to go with my sentimental favorite though, Michelle. The moment i read "Catwoman" her image is the one that comes to mind still.
Quote:
Also, I'm pretty sure Black Widow calls Barton "Hawkeye" once in the Avengers.
Quote:
I also think Pfieffer's characterization was more iconic.
I agree with Bim and ThePhantasm.

__________________
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #115
dark_knight08
May 6, 2016
 
dark_knight08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Catwoman: The Purrfect Enemy
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

dark_knight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #116
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
 
Anita18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 24,336
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

I preferred Anne since her Selina wasn't crazy. And I'm as much "girl power" as the next feminist, but I'm much more of a fan of "showing not telling." TDKR's Selina was badass without having to say it or be ostentatious about it. In fact, most of the time she pretended she was helpless and then whupped ass when everyone least expected it.

Michelle's Selina is obviously more iconic because it was so over-the-top.

__________________
To relive the TDK virals (or learn more!) visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com
Anita18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #117
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,394
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

It was just more interesting, really. Anne's Selina is more of a cipher. She is, on the whole, bland apart from some oddly expressed flirtatious comments. Pfieffer's Catwoman might be considered to be more sexualised, but she was built into a narrative of rebirth and empowerment. Though dated, she doesn't really feel like male wish fulfillment to the same extent as Anne's, who comes accross merely as a thin woman in tight spandex who bends over motorcycles a lot.

__________________
Difficult, difficult, lemon-difficult.
regwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #118
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,707
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

I think it's easy enough to just chalk this one up to taste. Both were great Catwomen that fit their respective films like a glove.

In terms of sexiness, they were equal to me but just sexy in different ways. When Anne says "Still don't trust me, huh. How can we change that?"...the suggestiveness of that line and her delivery of it is just as hot to me as when Michelle licks Keaton's face. Anne's Catwoman was clearly a sexual being but she was just more subtle about it. And that made it even more tantalizing, while being tasteful.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #119
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

I don't like the face-lick scene to be honest. I'm always like "ew, gross, Catwoman licked the bottom of Batman's nose..."

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #120
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,707
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't like the face-lick scene to be honest. I'm always like "ew, gross, Catwoman licked the bottom of Batman's nose..."


But still, I'd so love to be Keaton in that scene.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #121
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I preferred Anne since her Selina wasn't crazy. And I'm as much "girl power" as the next feminist, but I'm much more of a fan of "showing not telling." TDKR's Selina was badass without having to say it or be ostentatious about it. In fact, most of the time she pretended she was helpless and then whupped ass when everyone least expected it.

Michelle's Selina is obviously more iconic because it was so over-the-top.
Anne's acting was cringeworthy in that scene. As it was the whole movie. Her character was not believable in the slightest.

Michelle was over the top, but the emotional journey her character went through made it seem more real. She had a better motivation. And the whole love/hate thing with Batman I definitely think was done better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
It was just more interesting, really. Anne's Selina is more of a cipher. She is, on the whole, bland apart from some oddly expressed flirtatious comments. Pfieffer's Catwoman might be considered to be more sexualised, but she was built into a narrative of rebirth and empowerment. Though dated, she doesn't really feel like male wish fulfillment to the same extent as Anne's, who comes accross merely as a thin woman in tight spandex who bends over motorcycles a lot.
Pfieffer's Catwoman had a complex sexuality which wasn't just sassiness, which was all that Hathaway's Catwoman was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I think it's easy enough to just chalk this one up to taste. Both were great Catwomen that fit their respective films like a glove.

In terms of sexiness, they were equal to me but just sexy in different ways. When Anne says "Still don't trust me, huh. How can we change that?"...the suggestiveness of that line and her delivery of it is just as hot to me as when Michelle licks Keaton's face. Anne's Catwoman was clearly a sexual being but she was just more subtle about it. And that made it even more tantalizing, while being tasteful.
Anne Hathaway overplayed it and so wasn't sexy at all to me. That fake sassiness was obviously out of character for her and it felt awkward. Michelle had a more real sexuality, that didn't seem forced unlike with Hathaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't like the face-lick scene to be honest. I'm always like "ew, gross, Catwoman licked the bottom of Batman's nose..."
What's the matter with ya? That's the most red-blooded, hot sexual scene in any comic book movie, ever.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #122
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,707
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Anne Hathaway overplayed it and so wasn't sexy at all to me. That fake sassiness was obviously out of character for her and it felt awkward. Michelle had a more real sexuality, that didn't seem forced unlike with Hathaway.
1000% disagree. Hence why I said it's all a matter of taste. Nothing felt fake about her performance to me.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #123
RustyCage
Come what may..
 
RustyCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
If they didn't? Then they've basically missed half the basic point of the character.
The name alone does not do that in Catwoman's case.

Quote:
That half being that she's not just a catburglar...she's someone with some of the metaphorical attributes of a cat. She's someone who likes and identifies with cats. In omitting THAT, they're further missing half the psychological makeup of Catwoman. That this is a woman damaged enough to A, emulate a "Batman" in the first place, and B, to adopt a new identity and to immerse herself in this sort of a self made mythology, and WHY she does that from a psychological and social standpoint.
You're implying that your preferred version of Catwoman is the only valid interpretation. I don't find these things necessary to get the core of the character across. She doesn't have to have be psychotic, have an affinity for cats, and she doesn't have to be inspired by Batman. Those are, frankly, superficialities; they're optional.

The quality of a character portrayal extends beyond basic gimmickry. The impression you're giving me is that they are the sole dictators of worth.

Do I appreciate these angles when they're done? Sure, I'm open to alternations and keeping things fresh. These elements can be pleasant, so long as the cheese is minimal -- and in some cases, a little cheese is tolerable.

But when the director expresses that he's going after something grounded and cheeseless, you should expect adherence to that.

The funny bit is, I wish he had adhered to it more.

Anyway - to say 'I don't prefer Nolan's approach' is one thing, but to say 'She wasn't Catwoman' is another.

I mean, it should have been obvious this was gonna be a different take. The question is: Are you open to that or not?

Quote:
And yes, in the movie, I know she's not supposed to be those things. In the movie, she's only remotely "Catwoman" because she's a cat burglar and because we all know who she's supposed to be because we know the concept of Catwoman from previous Batman stories.
The character's behavior similarity does go deeper than 'she's a cat burglar'.

She has motivations, intentions, and personality/interactivity traits that evoke the character wonderfully. She's also in a mirrored (to the traditional version) predicament with her life - living conditions, rough past, has a female non-hero sidekick of sorts.

Quote:
In my mind, Nolan only presented about a third of what makes Selina Kyle an interesting character. They missed the chance to connect her that much more to Batman, to really explore their parallells and differences and connection to a concept.
Oh certainly. They could have explored it more, and definitely missed the opportunity to do so, I agree. The film just had a bit too much on it's plate to.

I'm also not a die-hard defender of Rises, so don't mistake the argument to be of that nature.

The problem is really that the film is 'the end' of the story, or so we understand thus far. Their chemistry was the beginning of something well done, but needed to be expanded upon before they just up and ran away together. Too soon.

Not only that, but the focus on Blake taking over as Batman with Bruce retiring took away some time that could've been devoted to developing Catwoman more.

Maybe if Anne gets her way and does a Catwoman solo spin-off, Batman will be a supporting character and we'll get to see some fleshing out. Dunno how to make that canon with Nolan's films though. They'll have to untangle that one themselves. lol

Quote:
The whole, "she happens to look vaguely catlike when her goggles are raised" thing? Yeah, that's no less "cutesy" and "cartoony" and convenient than calling her "Catwoman" because she wants to be associated as such.
The idea is that it's far more subtle than going out of her way to make a kitty costume. Not that I dislike kitty costumes necessarily, but Nolan was going for incidental.

Could she get the nickname from the media based on the incidental ears? That would be fine. But just 'she loves cats, she has a whip, so she's Catwoman' isn't very inspiring to me, comparatively.

At least Burton had her reborn by cats.. gnawing on her... Whether or not that's literal or symbolic is debatable - I prefer the latter, but I think Tim was tasteful in leaving it ambiguous. It made it a fun semi-fantasy movie.

And, obviously, beyond that, she's nuts - damaged. So there's at least a somewhat strong inspiration behind the theme so that you'd understand it.

Quote:
Whereas Selina just seems to be wearing black leather and cat's ear goggles...because its fashionable, I guess.
Because she's a slinky spy that uses feminine wiles to get her an edge in a pinch. I don't think it's too difficult to stretch your imagination there.

Quote:
Heck, as far as names go, in Bane's case, I'd bet that most people don't even know what "bane" means. It's not a very commonly used word. For all they know, that's just the character's name.
When I was a kid, people didn't say the word much then either, but I understood it enough when I watched Batman: The Animated Series.

"____ is the bane of my existence" has been a popular phrase for a while. That's probably how I knew.

I try not to underestimate anyone's intelligence - especially kids, as I said in another post earlier.

Quote:
This is the problem as I see it. Those "cute gimmicks" do not have to be portrayed as only a gimmick, any more than Batman dressing as a bat should just be Batman arbitrarily dressing as a bat, with no deeper significance to his character and the mythology.
Well, we are in agreement there.

Quote:
Those "gimmicks", as you call them. are the elements that form the core of the Batman mythology, and always have been. And they're some of the most unique things about the characters.
I still don't find it necessary for Catwoman. I also don't think it adds anything profound. In Burton's take, and in the Animated Series, it seems to just be some controlled and fun flamboyance. The books vary.

Quote:
And Catwoman's nickname couldn't be a nickname based on her reputation?
I ended up concluding that it could, but that didn't appear to be the argument up until this point.

You were saying that the name defines her. I don't think it does.

Quote:
No one's even saying it's neccessary for her to be called "Catwoman" in the film.
Weren't you? Why are we arguing?

Quote:
I get the whole "I'm Batman" thing not working so well. And, like Batman, Scarecrow, etc, there's no reason she has to name herself "Catwoman", either.
Then we have more similar standards than I realized.

Quote:
Is it? This is a woman who is essentially in costume in a more grounded world. I would imagine that in a world with "Batman", it wouldn't be too hard for the press to run with "Catwoman" if a woman dressed in a catlike motif appeared on the scene.
I doubted the likelihood, but I didn't say it was impossible. I also said I would be fine with it.

Speaking of which, I found this:


__________________
Why do we fall?

Last edited by RustyCage; 03-06-2013 at 07:27 PM.
RustyCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #124
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

To be fair, Hathaway also has the line "Cat got your tongue?" But its one of the rare explicitly "cat" moments.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #125
RustyCage
Come what may..
 
RustyCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Anne Hathaway vs Michelle Pfeiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
To be fair, Hathaway also has the line "Cat got your tongue?" But its one of the rare explicitly "cat" moments.
True! That was the moment that made me okay with the heels.

__________________
Why do we fall?
RustyCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.