The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #201
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

pretty cool vid of Solksjaer talking about how football manager (the game) has taught him alot http://bcove.me/dhekpzle

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 03-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #202
kit1982
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I have to say I'm amazed at the amount of stick I've seen Rooney get from United fans on different forums. I've seen so many comments of "He's overrated", "never does it in big games" etc.
I've never been Waynes biggest fan in an England shirt, but in a United shirt the blokes done the business time and time again.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #203
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

It's really ****ing annoying to see MUFC 'fans' bleating on about how every single time Rooney is benched is the sign that he's walking away....we were really ****ing brilliant last night while he sat on the bench.... And when he came on we were suffering the loss of Nani and had replaced the wrong player for him IMHO...

Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #204
kit1982
Side-Kick

I thought you were really good when he came on aswell Lee, it's crazy how many chance you created for a side down to 10 men.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #205
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Cool what Mourinho said about the match.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #206
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

We were bloody brilliant last night, Giggsy, Nani, Welbeck... Those three were playing out of their skins and we fought hard after the card. But losing a man against a team like Real... We were ****ed from then on out.

I honestly believe that the card alone cost us the game.

It's irritating to see that SAF is getting punished for not taking the press conference after the game... Did they really want him out there in front of the press? Knowing him and his anger I suspect most of it would have to be bleeped out & he would have said something that would have gotten him into more trouble than just missing the press event.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #207
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

reports are fergie, rio, carrick, evra, young and a few others will all be up for discipline.

also the head of uefa's ref has said the ref was right with every decision last night and united need to start accepting the way things are

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 03-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #208
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

BBC were reporting earlier today that UEFA had stated they wouldn't be doing anyone for dissent after the game...

Sorry, but the UEFA head is blind or stupid saying the ref was correct last night.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #209
B
[insert witty comment]

Was at the game yesterday but this is the first I have had a chance to talk about it.

What can be said, while Real Madrid are a fantastic team, we were robbed. The referee completely destroyed the game with not only just the sending off, but with the sheer inconsistency of his decisions.

Nani's sending off without question changed the match & firmly put Real Madrid in the driving seat. It was never in a million years a red card, he wasn't even aware of Arbeloa's presence & was trying to control the ball, fair enough he did catch Arbeloa around hip/rib level, however there was absolutely zero intention there. In my own opinion even a yellow card for that is ridiculous.

Fair play to Arbeloa, I'm sure Nani left some stud marks on wherever he connected, however he didn't start rolling around on the floor like that pissant Ramos or their keeper Lopez would have, he went down & was up quicker than Nani was.

It's a real kick in the teeth for a player like Nani as well, who while he is at times theatrical with his reactions to challenges, he has been on the end of several particularly nasty challenges in his career at United that have actually been challenges intended to bring him down hard.

I can't really fault our performance, despite leaking 2 goals after the non-sending off, we went ultra attack & put Madrid under extreme pressure for the remainder off the game, fair enough once or twice they counter attacked us & we were unlucky not to concede another, however Rooney, Welbeck, van Persie, Vidic & Carrick all could have had goals during our 10 man onslaught.

Now I here UEFA have backed that sending off AND have started investigating potential disciplinary proceedings against Manchester United.. get the **** out of here, that's a big problem with The FA/UEFA/FIFA in recent seasons, not using common sense & correcting any wrong decisions with an apology & withdrawal of the card(s) received for the incident. They just continue on dragging the wrong decision out longer with further ********.

What UEFA need to be doing is investigating why the referee ****y.. I mean Cuneyt is following Real Madrid & Barcelona on Twitter & why he is allowed to be refereeing either of those teams. Can you imagine the outrage if Howard Webb was on Twitter & followed Manchester United.. it's the same thing.

Can't really same much else other than copy one of spidey-dude's quotes after a dodgy Liverpool lose due to a ******** decision.

"**** Everything."

Old 03-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #210
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

I got quoted by B!!!!! life complete

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 03-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #211
ttotheusher
In the Palais

No way Rooney will be sold, just the media hyping things up again. We had a great performance with him on the bench, but I would still argue he's our most important player.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #212
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I may be bias because I love the guy but no one in that United attack has the vision, the work rate, the overall playmaking ability that Rooney has. Not RVP, not Welbeck, certainly not Chicharito.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #213
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
I got quoted by B!!!!! life complete

Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #214
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Referees have to protect players and their health so it was a right decision. Yes, if I'd be a Man. UTD supporter I wouldn't be happy like when I'm not happy with some red cards for Kompany or Balotelli.

I think UTD were better in both maches.

Bayern or Dortmund to win CL now.
This excuse doesn't surprise me coming from you, it's the excuse I've read from a variety of fans of rival clubs on Twitter.

Yes, there is no doubting Nani's leg was high & the rule book does have it's rules regarding high feet when challenging for a ball. However, common sense would dictate that this wasn't even a challenge for the ball, Nani wasn't even aware of Arbeloa's presence & had his leg in the air in an attempt to control the ball, it wasn't a leg he'd dangled there in order to challenge/win the ball.

But whatever, it is what it is, United have had red cards fall in their favour just as Real Madrid did last night, it doesn't make any of them right, it just makes them more annoying that in 2013 FIFA/UEFA still have not taken any hints from the likes of NFL in which managers/coaches can challenge decisions they feel have been incorrectly made.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #215
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
This excuse doesn't surprise me coming from you, it's the excuse I've read from a variety of fans of rival clubs on Twitter.

Yes, there is no doubting Nani's leg was high & the rule book does have it's rules regarding high feet when challenging for a ball. However, common sense would dictate that this wasn't even a challenge for the ball, Nani wasn't even aware of Arbeloa's presence & had his leg in the air in an attempt to control the ball, it wasn't a leg he'd dangled there in order to challenge/win the ball.

But whatever, it is what it is, United have had red cards fall in their favour just as Real Madrid did last night, it doesn't make any of them right, it just makes them more annoying that in 2013 FIFA/UEFA still have not taken any hints from the likes of NFL in which managers/coaches can challenge decisions they feel have been incorrectly made.
It would actually be more like the NBA where a ref can review the tape and determine if a foul was just a foul or a flagrant foul.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #216
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

What I don't like these days is the way all managers and players can't even say simple things like 'The ref got it wrong' without punishment...and the governing bodies don't want to admit when ref's make mistakes in case it upsets them....

Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #217
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Did anyone see that video of spidey-dude asking Mila Kunis to a Watford match? A stop at Nando's first, some chanting, a half-time pie and then some pints after the game. Spidey-Dude is going to get some.

@2:24

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #218
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

PSG absolutely bored me to tears tonight, I sat down in the hope of seeing Beckham but alas I simply saw mediocrity and then extremely over the top celebrations, you'd think they'd actually won the CL. I see Lucas Moura is getting starts for them though and looks to be developing ok.

I didn't see Juve vs Celtic's highlights but I think Juve could be a team that gives the German duo and Real Madrid a run for their money as potential winners of the competition.

Quote:
I dont think Arbeloa acted any morse than any footballer who took a boot to the ribs, the reaction didnt seem especially over the top imo.

At full pace the ref (or assistant who seems to be the one who gave it) cant nessacarily see that Nanis eyes are on the ball the whole time, and the boot was high. We have seen reds for similar there were 2 in a West Ham game earlier this season (I forget who they were playing atm) for pretty similar incidents as Wobbly said its an unfortunate case of 'letter of the law' over 'spirit of the law'
Despite what B said Arbeloa rolled over twice holding his chest like he'd been shot, that's not how real world physics work, only in movies do you do that unless you are hit by a speeding car, certainly not by an extended leg with no thrust behind it. I'm not saying he's alone in being a play actor as I am sure you could point to Nani and Evra both doing similar things, none of which makes any of the occasions right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0aYHVSIhw

West Ham vs Everton was the game I believe and both calls were roundly criticized by players and pundits as being an overreaction to challenge's with zero malicious intent. The letter of the law as read out last night used words like brutality and putting a player in danger, Nani's leg being high does not fall into the category, but much like when RVP was given a 2nd yellow at the Camp Nou for kicking the ball mere seconds after the whistle blew for offside in front of 90'000 roaring fans, a ref decided an English team must face the full punishment, and I have not seen a single player carded for this action since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
I have to say I'm amazed at the amount of stick I've seen Rooney get from United fans on different forums. I've seen so many comments of "He's overrated", "never does it in big games" etc.
I've never been Waynes biggest fan in an England shirt, but in a United shirt the blokes done the business time and time again.
It seems this season that since we got RVP fans have started to forget how many times Rooney has bailed us out and been integral to our hopes. I think Fergie dropping him was odd and it will feed the papers for a few weeks, however I'd be shocked if we sold him.

Btw I love you Speed avvy.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 03-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #219
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Did anyone see that video of spidey-dude asking Mila Kunis to a Watford match? A stop at Nando's first, some chanting, a half-time pie and then some pints after the game. Spidey-Dude is going to get some.

@2:24

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
haha, I actually used to know this guys sister really well and met him a couple of times, and the pub he mentions is my local and he's right its a bit ****

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 03-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #220
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Btw I love you Speed avvy.

Haha well it was inspired by your 90's action movies thread! Needless to say my favourite.

Agreed with you on PSG btw, take Ibra out of that side and they look very poor. A team featuring the likes of Lavezzi, Silva, Lucas should be able to see Valencia off comfortably.
I'm a big fan of Ancellotti, I think he's been a top manager over the years and when he was in the PL he wasn't anything other than a class act on and off the pitch. But is he doing a decent job? Or are the players failing to step up and justify their massive wages and fee's? I do find it odd that at clubs packed full of stars like PSG and City, no matter how much they spend still depend on certain players (Yaya and Ibra) as much as someone like Southampton depend on Lambert.

I agree on the OTT celebrations, but I do think the french clubs create an atmosphere up there with the PL and German clubs.

On Rooney, I've heard all sorts
"when was the last time he bossed a big game?" - Errr City away, the biggest Premier League game!
"he doesn't score enough" - He got 26 last year!
"He always bottle's the big moments" - scored in a CL final, scored the goal that clinched the 19th title, 2 goals against Liverpool last year, 2 goals away at Chelsea, going back further the overhead against City, the hat trick at Upton Park, CL quarter final against Chelsea..... I could go on!

Last edited by kit1982; 03-07-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #221
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Okay I promised myself I wouldn't make light of United loss to you guys in here, and have resisted posting some (quite frankly) hilarious jokes, however this is just too good not to, so sorry in advanced boys

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #222
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Okay I promised myself I wouldn't make light of United loss to you guys in here, and have resisted posting some (quite frankly) hilarious jokes, however this is just too good not to, so sorry in advanced boys

Tbh, it's either carry on being pissed off over the game, or find something to laugh about.... And that GIF is utterly hilarious.

Speaking of being pissed off... I see the media are running away with this 'Rooney is leaving in the summer' ********....

Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #223
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:

haha i love that they are also using old price is right footage

Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #224
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Speaking of being pissed off... I see the media are running away with this 'Rooney is leaving in the summer' ********....
Yeah for 35 million too. I mean I don't think they'll actually sell Rooney but nothing would surprise me. But honestly, if they do sell him they better bring in a top replacement.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #225
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

lol at Ronaldo ("the old and fat one" ) throwing a hissy fit over Fergie's joke about him.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/60/south...s&ICID=HP_BN_8

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Closed Thread