Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #751
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i think even though First class didn't do amazing at the box office its still more critically praised then the 2 previous movies and many felt first class breathed new life into the franchise and because of that brian would be crazy to ignore the talent of James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender who pretty much held first class together
I'm not suggesting that Bryan would ignore those two just for Hugh Jackman. Like I said before, this movie will focus on the characters of Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender. And 2 out of those 3 are from the cast of FC. But to think Hugh Jackman will just be a supporting character, that he won't time travel and won't meet the FC cast are just not realistic. And since when this series got fair with sharing screentime with everybody else? Its a wishful thinking.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 03-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #752
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

And they aren't also gonna put him in the background. He will still have one of the leading roles in this movie.
oh yeah course they will give wolverine something to do, he will defo be in some action scenes thats a certain and say some badass lines and maybe have some link to the story perhaps

to be fair its not like after the 1st xmen film when wolverine was the breakout character and everyone wanted to see more of him, then X2 did well and was a wolverine focused story then they decided wolverine had to be main character is 3rd and then we had a full spin off movie and is about to have another

its not like we havent seen enough of him

Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #753
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Even if we have seen enough of him, he's still one of the most important characters in the series especially he is the favorite X-Men character of casual viewers. I doubt FOX would have the guts to give Shadowcat, Rogue, Iceman, Mystique, Beast and even Storm a bigger role than Wolverine. And this is not even the right time for Wolverine to be in the background because its a cross-over film! You don't put the most popular character in the background just to make way for supporting characters. Maybe if this is a start of a new trilogy and they could put the focus on Storm or Cyclops, but no.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #754
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not suggesting that Bryan would ignore those two just for Hugh Jackman. Like I said before, this movie will focus on the characters of Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender. And 2 out of those 3 are from the cast of FC. But to think Hugh Jackman will just be a supporting character, that he won't time travel and won't meet the FC cast are just not realistic. And since when this series got fair with sharing screentime with everybody else? Its a wishful thinking.
so you are saying vaughn and singer decided the script needed to have wolverine and the first class crew together because people would rush to see this film?

why would interaction between them 3 together make people want to see this film more? fassbenders magneto was pretty badass as it is

id say writing a good story was better then right we need a story where wolverine helps young charles and eric, or even no this story isn't work... its because wolverine isn't the time traveler

why should he have more screen time then patrick and ian? it really would show singer is still keeping safe then sorry and has learnt nothing about expanding the franchise which is stupid after the success of the avengers

Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #755
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Even if we have seen enough of him, he's still one of the most important characters in the series especially he is the favorite X-Men character of casual viewers. I doubt FOX would have the guts to give Shadowcat, Rogue, Iceman, Mystique, Beast and even Storm a bigger role than Wolverine. And this is not even the right time for Wolverine to be in the background because its a cross-over film! You don't put the most popular character in the background just to make way for supporting characters. Maybe if this is a start of a new trilogy and they could put the focus on Storm or Cyclops, but no.
if singer doesn't take a risk on other characters he ain't helping the franchise at all

after 5 films, nearly 6 i trust singer knows this by now

Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #756
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm not gonna continue this discussion anymore. Wolverine is not even my favorite X-Men character but I'm not gonna think that they wouldn't give him a big role just so the underdeveloped characters or the characters that we haven't seen that much to get their shining moment. You are just gonna be disappointed when you see this film and Wolverine still has a very prominent role in the movie.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #757
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not gonna continue this discussion anymore. Wolverine is not even my favorite X-Men character but I'm not gonna think that they wouldn't give him a big role just so the underdeveloped characters or the characters that we haven't seen that much to get their shining moment. You are just gonna be disappointed when you see this film and Wolverine still has a very prominent role in the movie.
no i'm expecting wolverine to have a big role but then with such a huge cast you can't say wolverine will rise above them all, but im also expecting brian to Realise that actually there are so many characters to touch on that wolverine may have to take a back seat abit more then he used too which wouldn't matter anyway because jackman has his spin off films

Quote:
IGN: When you think about it, itís possible to come out of this movie with three separate branches of the X-Men franchise: the First Class time period, the original X-Men time period that you created and now the alternate timeline/universe that X-Men: Days of Future Past will delve into. The alternate universe timeline could exist on its own. Is that a possibility coming out of this?

Singer: Yes, I think so, but I think itís even bigger than that. I think that if you really examine the X-Men universe itís every bit as big as the Marvel universe. There are lesser characters, but if you take certain characters there are a myriad of films you could make, and stories you could tell, with these characters as individuals. Wolverine being one of them, and thatís currently being done. But you could really mine this universe. Iím glad to return to it and Iíd like to get more involved in it because it hasnít really been orchestrated Ė somewhat with the Wolverine pictures Ė but I think there is a lot more that one can do.
i think they will give him screen time that works for the story and not just screen time for the sake of it, because he is the face of the franchise

brian really hasn't learnt anything if he makes wolverine the be all and end all again

Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #758
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
so you are saying vaughn and singer decided the script needed to have wolverine and the first class crew together because people would rush to see this film?

why would interaction between them 3 together make people want to see this film more? fassbenders magneto was pretty badass as it is

id say writing a good story was better then right we need a story where wolverine helps young charles and eric, or even no this story isn't work... its because wolverine isn't the time traveler

why should he have more screen time then patrick and ian? it really would show singer is still keeping safe then sorry and has learnt nothing about expanding the franchise which is stupid after the success of the avengers
I loved First Class but as soon as I walked out of the theater I was thinking it would have been even better if it had the A-listers from the original trilogy.

I knew that if there was a sequel made they would try to at least bring Wolverine into the new trilogy whether it be through time travel or having the First Class Logan join and have it make sense...

It really did not surprise me when DofP was announced and was said to be cross over film.

I really hop wee get to see Logan and Fassbender's Magneto butt heads. I'm sure many others will be excited to see that too. I also want to see Wolverine in the First Class uniform!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #759
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

Many things have changed all these years, the main one: He has his own series, and this is an even more ensemble movie, and the story isnt about Logan, like X2 with his origin and Striker, and X3 about Jean's return (Logan's love interest).

This is a Two teams story, so as such, Logan cant be the big star. shouldnt be. And hopefully wont be.
Meh. We all said that 7 years ago before The Last Stand came out.

We were wrong.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #760
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

Its hard to believe its been almost 7 years since X3 came out. Shame really... it was supposed to be a great one...but boy we were wrong.

Eva Green for Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.

ďIt is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. Iíve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jeanís conscious mind and saw some things I didnít like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything weíve encountered of our time.Ē - Xavier
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #761
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Yep.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #762
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I blame the first trailer. It was too damn exciting. It tricked me.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #763
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

I miss Jean! And her presence - that it makes me want to watch X2 over and over and over again. *sighs* I feel like her chances on reappearing again is slim to none. The anticipation is killing me slowly...

You think Singer is saving future casting announcements for Comic Con this year?

Eva Green for Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.

ďIt is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. Iíve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jeanís conscious mind and saw some things I didnít like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything weíve encountered of our time.Ē - Xavier
Old 03-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #764
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
I miss Jean! And her presence - that it makes me want to watch X2 over and over and over again. *sighs* I feel like her chances on reappearing again is slim to none. The anticipation is killing me slowly...

You think Singer is saving future casting announcements for Comic Con this year?
They are filming next month and I heard Comic Con will happen in July.

So in the next 3 months, we probably already know the complete roster for this film except for the small roles/cameos that they would like to keep it as a secret.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #765
jed
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
If you're able, you can get the issues digitally from a website like Comixology, and read it on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. I actually bought and read Uncanny X-men 141 and 142 (the two issues of DoFP) yesterday. The good thing about digital comics is that you can find old issues easily.

Scott and Jean are not in the story. It takes place after the Dark Phoenix Saga, so Jean is dead and Scott is on a leave of absence in Alaska, and Storm is the replacement leader.
Thanks a million. I will definately go check out the site.

If Scott and Jean are not in the storyline, then I won't hold it against Singer for not including them in the film.

I don't get why people are mad over Cyclops's treatment in X3.

It's not like he has a lot of screentime in X2 either. After he was knocked out by DeathStrike, he was gone during the entire movie and only reappears towards the end...when he attacks Jean.

And X2 is directed by Singer.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #766
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

If Wolverine is the timetraveller it doesn't mean he has to be the main character.

Think old Spock from 2009 Star Trek

Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #767
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
I don't get why people are mad over Cyclops's treatment in X3. It's not like he has a lot of screentime in X2 either. After he was knocked out by DeathStrike, he was gone during the entire movie and only reappears towards the end...when he attacks Jean. And X2 is directed by Singer.
Well its the fact that he died and never returned at the end of the movie.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #768
Double B
Side-Kick

And the Dark Phoenix Saga is an iconic plot for him.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 AM   #769
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
I really hop wee get to see Logan and Fassbender's Magneto butt heads. I'm sure many others will be excited to see that too.
Er... wouldn't that fight be over in like 10 seconds once Magneto figures out that Wolverine has a metal skeleton?

I always thought that even though Wolverine, Magneto and Professor X were the most important characters in the series it never really felt like any kind of triangle. There's a very powerful friend/enemy bond between Professor X and Magneto, but I never felt like Wolverine had a particularly strong connection with either of them. Yes he respects Professor X and clashes with Magneto, but his truly meaningful relationships were with the other characters. So if Wolverine showed up in the 70s I can't really see why the dynamic between him, Charles and Erik would be super-interesting. It's not like it's enough to throw in the most important characters or biggest names and voila magic happens.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #770
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Er... wouldn't that fight be over in like 10 seconds once Magneto figures out that Wolverine has a metal skeleton?
Yup and hopefully he would not hesitate to ripping out that adamantium. Old Magneto might have held back, but Fassbender's Magneto should be up for it. Come on...that would be awesome!

Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 AM   #771
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Sounds like something out of the Saw movies. Don't think I'd like to watch that.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #772
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Sounds like something out of the Saw movies. Don't think I'd like to watch that.
Haha Thats replay value right there.

It's a pretty classic moment from the comics, which actually isnt that gory regardless to how it sounds.

Last edited by def28; 03-07-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #773
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I looked the picture up and while it's not gory I still think it would be rather disturbing if portrayed on film (as opposed to drawn in a comic in a highly stylized manner). For one thing wouldn't Wolverine's whole body and face just collapse if his skeleton was taken out?

Anyway my point is that if Magneto has such a huge advantage over Wolverine there's not much room for some badass fight scene.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #774
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, unless its pre-adamantium Logan, there will be no fight. Just ownage.

I think the fact that it's a hero having that done to him would be more disturbing then visuals of the actual scene. At least no more then a slow motion quarter to the skull, or ripping out the iron from someones blood. Probably be very similar to the iron scene in X-2. Except with alot more metal floating around...and pain ...and jello skin haha.

Last edited by def28; 03-07-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #775
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
if singer doesn't take a risk on other characters he ain't helping the franchise at all

after 5 films, nearly 6 i trust singer knows this by now
Im with you on that. I really hope Singer and Fox have learnt a few lessons all these years, specially after Avengers.

Wolvervine WILL BE on the movie, that's more than enough for general audience. He doesnt need to be the traveler for the movie to be a success. It WILL be a success whatever his role is.

Thats what some fans dont get at all. Wolverine will appear in ALL posters, trailers, spots and interviews. So.. what more does Singer and Fox needs from Wolverine to sell this movie?

Wolverine can shine on the future, the same another character as the traveler can shine a bit on the past, wihout being a lead character. Its all about a great script with an almost perfect ballance. Its not that hard to do it indeed.

Closed Thread