The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #151
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
And or what it's worth, he'd be another minority in the Marvel universe. Nothing wrong with a little diversity.
Agreed.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #152
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Kerry Washington is sexy as hell. The FF movies were nothing noteworthy, but I loved her a Alicia Masters. It made that relationship feel a little bit more natural in a way.

Also, I wouldn't be against someone like Moon Bloodgood as Gamora.

Also, I'm more inclined to believe this Miyambe scoop than his other ones because he pretty much just flat out said Jason Momoa IS Drax instead of leaving it fairly vague.
I find it hard to believe because he "broke" the news, then backpeddled a week after. Now he's coming back with it again. For all we know his source is Momoa's publicist who's been trying to get the edge on his casting by getting his name out there (happens more often than people realize). I don't doubt he has sources, but I doubt his sources are at the studio.

And he's done the same thing with other Marvel roles recently. Like Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Sharon Carter. Someone on CinemaBlend spelled out all the scoops he's gotten wrong in the past 6 months. It's actually a lot longer than I thought it was.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #153
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Or maybe Momoa and his agency were just renegotiating like Rourke and his camp did for Iron Man 2?

The report says that Rourke's initial offer for Iron Man 2 was like $250,000. But no report since then has indicated what his actual salary or final take was. Maybe Rourke's camp was able to initiate a higher wage. Reports trailed off after, "OMG $250,000 for Rourke on Iron Man 2! WHAT A JOKE! WHAT A DISGRACE! WHAT AN INSULT!"

So maybe this was just a routine thing of Momoa's camp wanted to see if he could up his salary while Latino Review spouted off that OMG BATISTA IS BACK IN THE RUNNING!

- CM Punk
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #154
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #155
Ash Talon
Side-Kick

I don't mind Nova (Corp or just single character) being in GotG. It makes sense if the story spans over a great spanse of space.

My concern lies in the following:

Starlord and both Nova are Earth-based guys that get pulled into an intergalactic adventure and have to team up with aliens.

If Nova (earth one) is in GotG, I hope they just mention him being from
Earth and don't explore deeply the similarities to Starlord coming from Earth as well. A passing "you're from Earth, too? Small universe." would be sufficient. If the Nova Corps is in GotG and Starlord is from Earth, making a Nova-from-Earth film down the road will just be too similar to the Starlord origin.

OR

Maybe they can have Peter Quill and Richard Rider be friends who both get transported into space. Soon after there, they get separated. The story stays with Quill who joins the GotG. The Nova Corp shows up at the end to help and Rider is now one of them.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #156
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

FYI The LR guy deleted all his Momoa/Drax tweets from today

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #157
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Now that's suspicious.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #158
Octoberist
point blank

That's embarrassing

Old 03-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #159
Chewy
REDACTED

I was just coming in here to post that, not exactly reflecting well on him lol

Old 03-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #160
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

It's so funny he always had this attitude where it was just accepted that his scoops would be spread across the internet like wildfire, but now he has egg on his face, so his messages went from "EXCLUSIVE: JASON MOMOA is cast as DRAX -- Read all about it!" to "So I heard Momoa is Drax, remember me when the real sites report it, please? "

Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #161
Octoberist
point blank

He's becoming a liability to LR's site, if not already.. It's impossible to spin this into a positive.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #162
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

He doesn't care. He hasn't had a viable scoop in close to, what, a year now? All he cares about his getting his name out there good or bad.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #163
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Mark Ruffalo just debunked the Hulk solo movie rumors via Twitter. In case Whedon's recent comments weren't clear enough.

Just an FYI

Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #164
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I think Richard Rider could be in the movie. It'd be a nice reveal for the audience if the main member of the Nova Corps in the movie turns out to be human. They could easily explain that Richie became a member of the Corps years before.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #165
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

don't forget the helmets the nova corps wear. he can go the whole movie wearing it. finally revealing himself to be human, also quill is only half human.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #166
Mr. Dent
Banned User

A post on IGN just made me realize that if Nova really are in GotG then the "different galaxy" Gunn is referring to could be the Andromeda Galaxy.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #167
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

They do match up, and are you honestly going to sit here and say those symbols have nothing to do with Nova, even though they are clearly Nova symbols, just for the sake of arguing with me?

You might take objection to me saying that is basically confirmed, because to me it is, but don't use whimsical arguments just because of that.
I still find it very hard to understand why people associate this:

with this:

Nova Corps starships are basic yellow cylinders, not starbursts.

I've always believed from Day One of that concept art that those starbursts are associated with Groot in that picture. They have the same color scheme, they all hover specifically around him and not the other characters, and they seem to be small objects that are up close rather than large objects that are far away. I believe those objects are intended to be woodlike spurs that Groot uses for offense/defense.

In any event, I'm happy as hell that Nova might be semi-confirmed to be part of the GOTG movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Talon View Post
I don't mind Nova (Corp or just single character) being in GotG. It makes sense if the story spans over a great spanse of space.

My concern lies in the following:

Starlord and both Nova are Earth-based guys that get pulled into an intergalactic adventure and have to team up with aliens.

If Nova (earth one) is in GotG, I hope they just mention him being from
Earth and don't explore deeply the similarities to Starlord coming from Earth as well. A passing "you're from Earth, too? Small universe." would be sufficient. If the Nova Corps is in GotG and Starlord is from Earth, making a Nova-from-Earth film down the road will just be too similar to the Starlord origin.

OR

Maybe they can have Peter Quill and Richard Rider be friends who both get transported into space. Soon after there, they get separated. The story stays with Quill who joins the GotG. The Nova Corp shows up at the end to help and Rider is now one of them.
OR

Maybe Quill and Rider go into space at different times.

I had a long theoretical storyline drawn up many moons ago (think it was in the Nova thread) that involved the Nova Corps basically hunting the Guardians down as intergalactic outlaws. Rider would've been an astronaut who went up into space not too many years ago (our time), and whose space shuttle got damaged mysteriously and was unable to mount a re-entry attempt. A second shuttle was sent up on a rescue mission, and the lead astronaut would've been a guy named Peter Quill. What Quill found when he got into orbit was a ghost ship, and no sign whatsoever of Rider, who vanished without a trace. Now, years later, the astronauts cross paths again on the far side of the galaxy, neither knowing the backstory of the other until about the third reel or so. When they find out they're actually kindred spirits, Nova and Star-Lord then join forces and battle Thanos/The Church/Badoon or whoever.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #168
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Mark Ruffalo just debunked the Hulk solo movie rumors via Twitter. In case Whedon's recent comments weren't clear enough.

Just an FYI
Good. The Planet Hulk idea was a bad one.

H.E.(Y GURL HEEEEEY)
Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #169
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Did Marvel and WB work in tandem to concoct some misinformation campaign to discredit Latino Review?

- CM Punk
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #170
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I still find it very hard to understand why people associate this:

with this:

Because they look identical to the Nova Corps logo. I'm not saying that yes they are ships but it's hard to dispute that those star busts were modeled after the Nova Corps logo. They are identical with the exception of the color.

If they are ships, who knows, their design could have been changed to avoid Star Wars comparisons.

If they're not ships they've gotta be just a fan nod to add some pizazz to the artwork.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #171
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Did Marvel and WB work in tandem to concoct some misinformation campaign to discredit Latino Review?
That has to be it. Multi-studio guerrilla warfare. Because otherwise it would mean they are wrong.

And god knows they aren't wrong.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #172
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Nova Corps starships are basic yellow cylinders, not starbursts.
Yeah but the Nova Corps logo is a starburst just like those ones, c'mon guy.

Even in the comics things like generic racial or military starship design is never ever held to a specific pattern. That stuff is always different and left to individual artists to design, unless it's a specific ship and thus a character in it's own right.

I didn't even notice those until today when they got pointed out but yeah at first guess I'd think "Nova Corps ships" and that's just because of the starburst shape.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #173
Chewy
REDACTED

Captain Marvel has the same starburst symbol on his chest

Old 03-07-2013, 01:51 AM   #174
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Yeah but the Nova Corps logo is a starburst just like those ones, c'mon guy.

Even in the comics things like generic racial or military starship design is never ever held to a specific pattern. That stuff is always different and left to individual artists to design, unless it's a specific ship and thus a character in it's own right.

I didn't even notice those until today when they got pointed out but yeah at first guess I'd think "Nova Corps ships" and that's just because of the starburst shape.
Sure, the starburst symbol evokes Nova's logo. But as Chewy points out, it also evokes Mar-Vell and the Kree.

Still doesn't mean that those are starships; they're certainly not like any starship design we've seen in Marvel Comics before, and definitely not for the ships of the Kree or the Nova Corps.

And nobody's commenting on my Groot theory? Okay. Matter of perception of the painting, but it looks to me like the focus of those starbursts is Groot.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #175
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread