The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #401
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Superman isn't sci-fi, it's fantasy.

Sci-Fi - Star Trek, Blade Runner, Demolition Man

Fantasy - Star Wars, Superman, Batman, Everything DC, Everything Marvel

Science fiction means there is a reasonable way that the outlandish elements of the story can be explained through science and eventually/possibly fit into out world. Fantasy is pure, unadulterated fiction.

Trying to disprove the scientific basis of how a comic book alien uses heat vision is as ridiculous as it gets.

pretty much yeah....but some people want to see it as science fiction and it's not

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #402
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some people practice LARPing so they can protect themselves in case we have to go back to using swords. Doesn't mean it's a rational way of thinking.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #403
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Some people practice LARPing so they can protect themselves in case we have to go back to using swords. Doesn't mean it's a rational way of thinking.
some people practice LARPing in case a ****in wizard comes to town they can defend themselves against his magical spells

Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #404
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Just accept it when Dark Wizard overlords take back the Earth to form a new Middle Earth.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #405
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Just accept it when Dark Wizard overlords take back the Earth to form a new Middle Earth.
It'll be time to raise a little hell and kick a little ass...grab that wizard by his long flowing beard and knee him right in the face!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #406
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #407
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:

Old 03-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #408
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

And Lo, the circle of life is complete

///End Thread///

Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #409
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would watch a two hour instructional video of Supergirl showing me proper hygiene techniques

in 3D
In one of those 360 theaters.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #410
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
It's also lazy.
Yup.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #411
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Maybe one of you scientific experts can explain how the animals in Babe talk. That's an anomaly I would really like an answer to because I swear it doesn't make sense in real life.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #412
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe one of you scientific experts can explain how the animals in Babe talk. That's an anomaly I would really like an answer to because I swear it doesn't make sense in real life.
Easy, that was just a kid's pot-induced dream.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #413
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I always wondered how those critters talked

Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #414
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I always figured The animals in Babe talked because the script said that they could .

Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #415
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I always figured The animals in Babe talked because the script said that they could .
no that's not why

Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #416
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Shush that's not science. With science we can prove that they CAN'T really talk.

Science.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #417
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Shush that's not science. With science we can prove that they CAN'T really talk.

Science.
what's this science you speak of?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #418
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
what's this science you speak of?
I don't know but I heard it has to do with heat lasers

*grabs your hand*

Let's go exploring!

*skips off*

Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #419
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Okay .
They all had a built in universal translator that allowed them to speak english and other languages .
How's that?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #420
X Knight
Saber Class

we........need some ******* news.............

pictures.........posters....stills......clips..... ....something............anything.........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #421
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Soon soon. Iron Man 3 just finished its latest round of marketing today. Tomorrow and Friday its WB's turn. Unless they plan on focusing only on Hangover 3 stuff there will be something new.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #422
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Yesterday , we had Childrens Book Covers .
So who knows what the future might hold?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #423
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
we........need some ******* news.............

pictures.........posters....stills......clips..... ....something............anything.........

Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #424
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

I mean I can describe the poster series my friend at the studio worked on getting approved but I honestly have no idea when they will start being released. Or even if a better one that was approved for distribution trumped it.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #425
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Well , at least it is a clip from a cool movie and it has Amy Adams in it .
OPTIMISM!

Closed Thread