The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #101
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Default Re: How have the Spider-Man films stood the test of time? OPINION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I only get the vibe when the New Yorkers were throwing stuff at GG. The vibe from seeing the American flag used to be there, but it isn't after seeing the flag show up in other ways in the trilogy.
For me it only applies to the first film as well. But(for the first movie) with Spidey being in NY I kept expecting to see the Trade center in the film at some point. I'm sure if it hadn't been attacked and destroyed they'd obviously be in the film.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #102
Visualiza
What is a yout?

They all hold up well. A few things do tend to make the first film feel a bit dated; however, with the fights between GG & Spider-Man being the biggest example and the NY pride vibe as another.

The fights were primarily practical effects and wirework(as opposed to the break-neck CG in 2 & 3), but even outside of that I've always felt that they were poorly choreographed. Otherwise, the NY pride stuff is definitely a reaction to 9/11, and always makes me associate the film with that period for this reason. Almost feels like a piece of history.

Other than that, there isn't much that hasn't been said about 2; it's an exemplary film within the genre and everything from the drama, characters, and action hold up and in many cases exceed what we have today. Not without its issues, but still a great film.

As for 3...well...the action is stellar by any measure, I will likely always hold to that. Other than that I don't really think that time has served to expose anything about the movie that wasn't apparent when it was released. The first hour or so is good entertainment, while the latter half more or less plays like a parody of the franchise.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #103
milost
Banned User

I thought the final fight between Spider-Man and Goblin was pretty great and well done. One of the better comic book superhero fights overall. You could sort of feel the punches as Spider-Man was getting beat down.

"Misery, misery, misery"

At the time, I thought it was pretty brutal.

milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #104
ALP
In The Mountains

I was about 10 when the first Spider-Man film came out. Really loved it when I was a kid, and it's still fun. BUT... I never thought I'd say a film from the 21st century feels dated but Spidey 1 takes the cake.

Especially in comparison to ASM, it just feels so corny, the first half of the movie is even aesthetically too bright. Some of the CG is bad, etc. Now I still enjoy it, absolutely. But it's got a lot of flaws...

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #105
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

The tone of Raimi's Spider-Man is pretty consistant in its corn so nothing really urks me. Ironically this wasn't the case with the reboot, where a few elements stood out like a sore thumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
I thought the final fight between Spider-Man and Goblin was pretty great and well done. One of the better comic book superhero fights overall. You could sort of feel the punches as Spider-Man was getting beat down.

"Misery, misery, misery"

At the time, I thought it was pretty brutal.
Yeah I agree. Probably my favourite fight in the trilogy because of the brutality.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #106
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
I was about 10 when the first Spider-Man film came out. Really loved it when I was a kid, and it's still fun. BUT... I never thought I'd say a film from the 21st century feels dated but Spidey 1 takes the cake.

Especially in comparison to ASM, it just feels so corny, the first half of the movie is even aesthetically too bright. Some of the CG is bad, etc. Now I still enjoy it, absolutely. But it's got a lot of flaws...
I think the first movie feels a lot older than it is, yeah. I find that to be part of its charm for me somehow, like it isn't a detractor. I think it successfully captures a classic silver age comic book sort of feel, just like how Captain America: TFA feels like an old school adventure flick.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #107
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post

Exactly. But I don't feel it has become corny in time, it was corny the very first time I saw it back in 2002. It was a shame actually. But I still think SM2 is as good as it was before.

SM3 on the other hand...

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #108
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I think that Batman Begins and The Dark Knight changed alot of things. Now,it seems alot of superhero movies have to be dark,edgy,serious and complex. But Raimi's series,while it did contain some complex or edgy moments,was more about having fun,being goofy and enjoying the ride. So,in that respect it does feel like it's from another era. It doesn't seem to fit in with most comic book/superhero film these days. But that's part of why I still enjoy them all.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #109
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Ummm, The Avengers/Thor are similar to the tone of Raimi's Spider-Man series. X-Men: First Class embraced the fun side more than the previous X-Men films.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #110
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

idk if anyone on these boards are familiar with fanedits of films. But the OP (and many others) might like Spider-Man: Hero Within.

Here's the synopsis:
i am combining the origin story from the 1st film with the villain from the 2nd film (Doc Ock) and any scene from the 3rd on that could be useful to make a new story mostly on Peter and his journey to become a hero, simplifying the awful romance with Mary-Jane to the very basics and essentials, removing all useless side characters, getting rid of some side-plots and making it a little more serious by removing many of the stupid campy stuff from the first 2 movies.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #111
Anno_Domini
Banned User

An origin with Doc Ock as the villain...I always wanted that tbh. I thought Doc Ock would be a perfect villain to use in the origin film.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #112
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Yeah there's some real winners on http://fanedit.org/

The trouble is finding them to download and watch. I believe the best luck you'll have is signing up for the forums and pm the creator.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #113
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Doc Ock would be perfect for an origin movie because he is basically the Peter Parker gone bad, so he'd make a great parallel for it.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #114
Anno_Domini
Banned User

^ Indeed

And if given the right script, Doc Ock wouldn't end up being a villain that is watered down in an origin film as usually is the case.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote