Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post

"I'm a lead farmer Mother f'er!!
lol Topic Thunder

Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #28
Visceral
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

so people who know the comic books where can i read the bleeding edge armor story line? please?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #29
thalidomide
The Enemy

1 month 17 days to go!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:38 AM   #30
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

oh mark 7, why you so much more attractive than the mark 42?

Old 03-07-2013, 02:01 AM   #31
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Can we all agree to check some of LokiD's posts after iron man 3 releases so we can objectively gauge how "correct" he was with his essay-long semi-ramblings?

i looked at his posts prior to the avengers and the dude was 100% speculating; he thought there was only 1 leviathan and that it was fing fang foom / had some in depth backstory, whereas in reality, it was just a mindless flying whale thing for the avengers to fight. oh, and there were a bunch of them.

i say this in the hope that next movie (thor 2 i guess) doesn't get the same treatment by him.

nothing against the guy personally. he never has anything negative to say on here, even when people criticise him, myself included, but i find his long speculation posts to be both distracting and exhausting.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:24 AM   #32
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
Can we all agree to check some of LokiD's posts after iron man 3 releases so we can objectively gauge how "correct" he was with his essay-long semi-ramblings?

i looked at his posts prior to the avengers and the dude was 100% speculating; he thought there was only 1 leviathan and that it was fing fang foom / had some in depth backstory, whereas in reality, it was just a mindless flying whale thing for the avengers to fight. oh, and there were a bunch of them.

i say this in the hope that next movie (thor 2 i guess) doesn't get the same treatment by him.

nothing against the guy personally. he never has anything negative to say on here, even when people criticise him, myself included, but i find his long speculation posts to be both distracting and exhausting.
While some of his stuff turns out to be true, he does end up getting large parts wrong. As for his long rambling posts, I tend to skip over them since he's obviously never heard of paragraphs to give the reader a break. Plus, he's been on the Thor 2 board already, while they were filming, writing his essays about knowing the entire plot and story details.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #33
Mr. Dent

Well why wouldn't he? He gets all this attention!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #34
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
While some of his stuff turns out to be true, he does end up getting large parts wrong. As for his long rambling posts, I tend to skip over them since he's obviously never heard of paragraphs to give the reader a break. Plus, he's been on the Thor 2 board already, while they were filming, writing his essays about knowing the entire plot and story details.

I've actually read everything he's posted, plus a few PMs he's sent me. (granted I forget a lot because there's so much haha) but I'm of the mindset that he knows some things but certainly not everything. He has a bit of solid info then runs from there on tangents which isn't the best way of going about it to me.

If that poster really is him then I'm curious as to why he's never said any of those things outright here.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #35
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

If I ever had a source I'd let you guys know everything ... too hard for me to keep awesome secrets haha

I have a friend in my alliance in the Marvel phone game who gets to see IM3 early because he does some sort of comics column at NYU, so I'm going to try and get him to tell me everything lol

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-07-2013, 02:35 AM   #36
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I've actually read everything he's posted, plus a few PMs he's sent me. (granted I forget a lot because there's so much haha) but I'm of the mindset that he knows some things but certainly not everything. He has a bit of solid info then runs from there on tangents which isn't the best way of going about it to me.

If that poster really is him then I'm curious as to why he's never said any of those things outright here.
After reading some of his stuff at 4chan and on here, a lot of the plot does sound very plausible and kind of matches up to some of the stuff that Marvel has shown to writers and others in early screenings. Does sort of make me wonder how he gets his scoop on the movies. I'm kind of under the impression he may know someone inside Marvel Studios and they tell him stuff that he probably shouldn't leak so early.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #37
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Those collected in the latest 4chan thread read like a synopsis of the movie. And a very exciting movie it will be, if everything there is true. Massive (possible) spoilers below. Read at your own risk.

Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) develops Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder after the Chitauri invasion in New York City and becomes obsessed with creating more Iron Man armors, in order to be prepared for everything. Meanwhile, the American government decides to Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes (Don Cheadle) into their private superhero and modify the War Machine armor to create the Iron Patriot.

Tony learns that his old flame, Dr. Maya Hansen (Rebecca Hall), has created the Extremis Virus, which "upgrades" the human body to superhuman levels, for A.I.M, a research center run by Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce), who is a member of the 10 Rings, a terrorist organization led by The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley), who wants revenge against Stark. Killian provides The Mandarin with Extremis, and begins to use A.I.M to create an army of Extremis-enhanced soldiers for the 10 Rings.

Tony goes to China and is injected with Extremis by Dr. Wu (Wang Xueqi). However, Dr. Wu is working for The Mandarin, and sabotages the procedure. Returning to Los Angeles, Tony creates the Mark XLII, which has self-operating parts that he can assemble and operate through remote control with the Extremis.

The Mandarin announces on TV that he will bomb the Grauman Chinese Theater, where Tony's friend Harold "Happy" Hogan (Jon Favreau) is located. Tony is too late to save Happy, who eventually dies. Tony then calls out The Mandarin on TV. He then creates the Mark XLV: The Hypervelocity Autonomous Personal Protector γ (H.A.P.P.γ), which is programmed with Happy's neural patterns.

The President of the United States of America (William Sadler) initiates a manhunt on The Mandarin through the Middle East after the destruction of the Grauman Chinese Theater. Believing that the President might be in danger, the Iron Patriot is assigned to protect Air Force One during its return to Washington, D.C. However, the armor is stolen by Jack Taggert (Ashley Hamilton), one of The Mandarin's men, while another terrorist, Eric Savin (James Badge Dale), infiltrates the President's Secret Service detail.

Maya becomes suspicious of Killian and visits Tony at his Malibu penthouse, where she meets Pepper. The penthouse is attacked by The Mandarin's forces, but Tony manages to rescue Pepper and Maya.

Taggert and Savin sabotage the Air Force One and kill the President. Tony realizes it's not Rhodes operating the Iron Patriot and catches up to the plane, rescuing several people before it crashes. After leaving them in safety, Tony attempts to return to L.A., but The Mandarin disables his armor through the malfunctioning Extremis and Tony crash-lands in Tennessee.

Tony eventually finds a barn and meets a boy, Harley Davis (Ty Simpkins), who helps him repair his damaged armor. Meanwhile, Vice-President Rodriguez (Marco Sanches), who replaces the President, is blackmailed by the 10 Rings into preventing S.H.I.E.L.D from intervening. Pepper is kidnapped by Killian and taken to A.I.M's secret laboratory in Louisiana, where his men are producing Extremis soldiers. Taggert, Savin and Killian himself become Extremis soldiers, and Killian also injects Pepper with the serum.

Maya tells Rhodes about Pepper's disappearance, and Rhodes begins to investigate the connection between the events.

Tony manages to salvage a gauntlet and a boot from his armor and meets Bethany Cabe (Stephanie Szostak), who helps him reach Maya. She repairs the Extremis in his organism. Tony uses spare parts from his armors to create the "Heartbreaker" armor and attacks the A.I.M base of operations, rescuing Pepper and Rhodes. The Heartbreaker is destroyed in the process, when Killian activates the Extremis soldiers.

Tony uses Extremis to telephatically control his army of armors -- The "Iron Legion" -- and create a modified second "Heartbreaker" armor. Rhodes uses a modified War Machine armor that Tony had created, and Pepper briefly uses the Mark XLII-R -- The Rapid Evacuation Situation Control Unilateral Enforcer (R.E.S.C.U.E). The Iron Legion fights the Extremis Soldiers, With H.A.P.P.γ sacrificing himself to save Tony. Maya eventually disables all Extremis-enhanced technology, allowing Savin, Taggert and Killian are defeated, but also incapacitating the Iron Legion. Tony then begins to search for The Mandarin.

Tony finds out that The Mandarin is not in the Middle East as they believe, but in Villa Vicayza in Miami. Unable to rely on the Extremis-enhanced suits, Tony operates a modified version of the Mark I to attack The Mandarin's villa and confront him. Tony confronts him without his armor, and defeats him. The Mandarin is then arrested by the American government, and the 10 Rings are disbanded.

Tony reunites with Pepper, Rhodes and Maya. Rhodes decides to return to being War Machine and Maya decides to continue her experiments on her own. Tony then uses the only remaining Extremis technology to create the Mark L -- The Extremis Armor -- which provides him with many abilities.

Later, at his workshop, Tony is informed by J.A.R.V.I.S (Paul Bettany) of a coded S.O.S that he intercepted while monitoring strange occurances in Space, antecipating another Chitauri invasion. The S.O.S was sent by Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), whose spaceship is under attack.

Surprised to find a human in Space and fearing that something might be coming to Earth, Tony assembles the Mark XLVIII -- The "Starbooster" Deep Space Armor -- which is made of Vibranium. Tony then leaves to investigate, reassuring J.A.R.V.I.S that he'll come back.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #38
thalidomide
The Enemy

I can't shake the feeling that this movie will get some controversies regarding
the President being white.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #39
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
I think they are trying to avoid having someone similar to who is currently in office because that starts controversy as well. there were also a lot of black presidents in movies in the past when we had white ones in office

Old 03-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #40
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I think they are trying to avoid having someone similar to who is currently in office because that starts controversy as well. there were also a lot of black presidents in movies in the past when we had white ones in office
Good to know, thanks

Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #41
ctsketch
Side-Kick

yw but that's just my guess! I don't have sources like Loki'D nor am I a trailer whisperer =P

Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #42
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
yw but that's just my guess! I don't have sources like Loki'D nor am I a trailer whisperer =P

lmao!! Yeah that trailer whisperer person should teach us his/her trailer-fu

Old 03-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #43
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post

oh mark 7, why you so much more attractive than the mark 42?
I'd love one of these, this is the perfect suit so far.
Much better than the ice-cream one in IM3.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #44
elgaz
Side-Kick

I'm sure this has been covered countless times already but I haven't really been following the Iron Man threads too much over the last while, so would appreciate a quick yes or no from someone - is there a possibility Extremis is going to be in this film?

I'm more a Superman/Batman fan though I've enjoyed the first 2 Iron Man films, but I don't know a whole lot about the comic history of the character. Read the Extremis arc last night for the first time and loved the artwork and storyline. I'm interested to know if there's parts of that story we might see hints of onscreen.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #45
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
It's fairly standard for movies to use completely fictional presidents who may bear little resemblance to the person currently in office. This is particularly true when the president is going to play an active role in the events in the film. In this case, if rumors that the president is assassinated by the Mandarin are true, then Marvel would not risk portraying him as being in any way similar to the real president. That is a very sensitive issue that no studio wants to get involved with, no matter who is in office.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #46
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I'm sure this has been covered countless times already but I haven't really been following the Iron Man threads too much over the last while, so would appreciate a quick yes or no from someone - is there a possibility Extremis is going to be in this film?

I'm more a Superman/Batman fan though I've enjoyed the first 2 Iron Man films, but I don't know a whole lot about the comic history of the character. Read the Extremis arc last night for the first time and loved the artwork and storyline. I'm interested to know if there's parts of that story we might see hints of onscreen.
Yes.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #47
henry_9305
Side-Kick

Made this video because I am so excited after watching the new trailer. Hope you guys like it.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #48
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_9305 View Post
Made this video because I am so excited after watching the new trailer. Hope you guys like it.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
very well edited!@!!!!!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #49
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
cool I'll have to check em out! I used to do a bunch of designing for people for like signatures and stuff on battlegrounds forums when I played there a lot. Haven't created anything like that in awhile lol. I'm mostly doing random Indesign projects for my one class and making logos/shirt template ideas for my buddies company he's trying to start.
Well, make sure anything YOU create you get paid for later. I knew a few guys other than the pro Artists that got ripped off after doing stuff like that

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #50
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
they are goning kill the pres in this movie or at least try. when u do stuff like that you don't want to use the current pres or use any one the resymols him.

It is kind of wierd though because they put obama's press secutary in the news crawl at the end of the Avengers. obama must have lost his reelection bid to the new guy.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 03-07-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Closed Thread