The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #226
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

I'm really excited if this is true. Hoping they've really upped the ante on this movie and dug deeper, a la Iron Man 3.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #227
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Get me a time machine and set it to April 2nd right this instant! I NEED MY DAMN THOR FIX!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #228
Kryptonian Titan
Most powerful being.

Great to have some news!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #229
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Wouldn't it be nice if we got a few more official pictures before April 2? Thor and Loki standing on the balcony? Thor and Jane on the balcony? Thor NOT on any balcony?

Is that too much to ask?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #230
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

I actually tend to like it better when they would release a pic, sometimes reveal a costume on the cover of EW or whatever, then release a trailer. Rather than like with IM3 where they just released a teaser for the trailer and a whole mess of photos building up to it. I know they want to hype it up, but for me it takes away some of the magic of seeing the look & feel of the movie for the first time.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #231
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if we got a few more official pictures before April 2? Thor and Loki standing on the balcony? Thor and Jane on the balcony? Thor NOT on any balcony?

Is that too much to ask?
i agree, theres basically no sign of the cast other than Chris Hemsworth...
Theres only like 1 bts image released so far....but we should be getting a teaser poster with the teaser trailer

Old 03-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #232
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

i hope the trailer is as long as the first IM3 teaser...around 2mins

Old 03-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #233
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden View Post
i'm going to have to revoke your geek membership.
Nooooooooo!

Old 03-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #234
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Nooooooooo!
But seriously, you should get on that. Rent the originals and watch them with some friends. Make a party out of it or something.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #235
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Yay for news! Not long now.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #236
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
But seriously, you should get on that. Rent the originals and watch them with some friends. Make a party out of it or something.
One day I shall...

Old 03-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #237
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Oh Thank God. I really do hope so.

And I really hope that the trailer that they release for this film blows us all away like the stuff that we've gotten for Iron man 3.
Except with a little bit more actual fighting than shots of random action that never really shows the hero doing much.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #238
Danalys
Sol Invictus

save the hero doing stuff for the film. still in ironman trailers any suiting up scene sort of spoils the film somewhat. for thor i just want a taste of the tonal range of the film.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #239
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I don't mean spoil every fight, but I atleast want to see the main hero performing a few melee moves.

In the T:TDW trailer I wanna see a shot of Thor fighting a group, a solo fight, and one using one of his weather powers.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 03-07-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #240
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be a full 2 minute trailer, or at least that they'll release a full trailer with IM3 since the timeline fits with IM3's first trailer (give or take a few weeks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
The CGI wont be done by the time the trailer comes out...But this thread will sure be active
They started filming in August (?) and finished in January, they could easily have enough VFX done for a trailer.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #241
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Wait, we'll get a trailer at April 2nd? Woohoo!

There's no teaser poster, only one official pic...very strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
The CGI wont be done by the time the trailer comes out...But this thread will sure be active
Remember the Avengers trailer? With every clip the CGI was added a little bit. At first there were only exploding cars, later they added the flying vehicles and so on. Had no problem with that.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2

IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #242
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Wait, we'll get a trailer at April 2nd? Woohoo!

There's no teaser poster, only one official pic...very strange.
If Disney's marketing Thor 2 like they did Iron Man 3, we got the first poster and movie stills on the same day we got the first trailer. Plus, a sneak peek at the trailer a day before. I just hope the TDW trailer debuts with Apple. Yahoo has a crappy player

Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #243
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah still another MONTH before anything other than what we already have on pics from sets.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #244
jonathancrane
Side-Kick

In terms of the official trailer, I would prefer they tease some of the battles in the film; thanks to the behind-the-scenes photos and videos that have emerged, some of the information has been revealed, thus reducing the surprise factor. Speaking for myself, a reveal of one of the other realms and one of Malekith would be terrific, as I am interested to see/hear Eccleston's take on the character.

*I will forgive the writers of Man of Steel, if Superman is the Enlightened Sun God he is supposed to be, in Superman vs. Batman. Quite simply, Superman does not kill. The writers of MOS failed to grasp this, to this film's detriment.
Favorite CBMs: 1) X2 2) The Avengers 3) CA:TWS 4) Watchmen 5) Batman: MOTP 6) The Dark Knight Rises 7) Thor: TDW 8) TASM 9) IM3 10) S/B: Apocalypse
Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #245
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
I just hope the TDW trailer debuts with Apple. Yahoo has a crappy player
yeah, Yahoo used to have a player that shows the hd options but now it's all in that one player that doesn't work. Plus it's harder to rip from.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #246
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

I'm happy to hear about a trailer coming in a month I guess..

Still feels like Disney is ****ting on this film, going through the motions as they invest most of their energy on IM3. This film will either be slept on and turn out to be amazing, or it will be horrible.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #247
Kryptonian Titan
Most powerful being.

Psycho talk again.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #248
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Yup, I swear some people arent aware that this movie comes out in November. Iron Man 3 comes out in April - so Marvel has plenty of time to concentrate on Thor afterwards.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #249
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

There's not a trailer for Ant-Man either. Marvel must be giving him the shaft for their golden boy, Iron Man!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #250
Kryptonian Titan
Most powerful being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Yup, I swear some people arent aware that this movie comes out in November. Iron Man 3 comes out in April - so Marvel has plenty of time to concentrate on Thor afterwards.
It doesn't matter to them. They believe marvel has an ''agenda'' concerning Thor: they want him to fail in comics, movies and everything else because they hate (??) the character.

Closed Thread