The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #26
kedrell
I see what you did there

Default Re: Howard says that not getting to Reprise his Ironman role killed his career!

Hey, he's got Movie 43 now. Perfect place for him.

I have an inner child. Not an inner teenager.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Default Re: Howard says that not getting to Reprise his Ironman role killed his career!

hey guess what, where you're an ******* crap like this happens.

as other have said he moaned about money and some reports said he wanted top billing for iron man 2

Quote:
I had to start all over: went from making $6 million (4 million) a movie, back to $60,000 (40,000) a movie. But as long as you don't give up you are able... I'll make $20 million soon. Because I have learned the lessons of yesterday.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/terrence-...104839957.html

yeah its a hell of a drop, but yeah 40,000 for a few months works makes you have to live such a hard thrifty life

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #28
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

His disagreements with Marvel are like Megan Fox badmouthing Micheal Bay.

If you're a nuisance in Hollywood, the news will spread and tarnish your rep

Casting Agent- So Terrance I heard you wanted a huge amount for Iron Man 2.

Terrance- Well....

Casting- Well were not going to listen to those demands and you'll be making 60,000 on this movie. Understand?

He complained so loud that everyone took notice and will now offer him the bare minimum.

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #29
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

What a great little article to completely justify all of the rumors that were going around why he was let go after the first IM.

Cheadle is the freakin man I am soo happy he's on board now. Howard can go shove it.

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #30
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Howard is younger, taller, and more handsome than Cheadle. He would have been able to carry a solo spin-off with the right supporting cast. I don't think Cheadle carries the weight to do that any longer at this point in his career, unless War-Machine/Patriot is part of an ensemble cast. A War Machine spinoff, for the money it would cost, is simply not worth it at this juncture. So Howard and Marvel effectively killed that project by not settling their differences from the getgo. I don't know if we are ever going to see a CBM with a black actor in the lead now. I don't think John Stewart gets a film after GL bombed, and Luke Cage and Black Panther are too small to garner significant interest. Blade was ground breaking but had an established actor and played off an already popular genre. We will never get a major tentpole with a black hero in the lead for a long, LONG time.
I completely disagree with this. Cheadle just won a best actor Emmy starring as the leading man on House of Lies, his work in Hotel Rwanda blows away anything Howard has ever done. And watch him in Traitor with Guy Pearce. He has more than enough acting chops to carry his own flick imo. He just wasn't given good material in IM2.

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #31
Spidey-Quad
Side-Kick

Look at the bright side, if he is this unbalanced, this whole fiasco may have very well have saved his life. I enjoyed him in Ironman, but didn't really miss him in IM 2. I guess what I'm saying is the the guy was good, but not irreplaceable. And there is no reason, no matter how good or gifted one may be, for treating others poorly.

Spidey-Quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #32
Mr.T
Side-Kick

I heard something similar a previous poster mentioned about Howard becoming a major douche after his outstanding performance in Hustle & Flow. He was an A-list actor right after H&F, thus the reason why Marvel signed him to help push IM to the public. Too bad, we'll never know what could've been...
For those who've never seen Hustle & Flow, Howard put forth an amazing performance.
I do like Cheadle, though.

Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #33
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I doubt many people knew who he was before Iron Man. Instead of being grateful for launching his career, he got greedy, and he was easily replaceable.

Sorry Cheadle is way better. People mistake Howard being better in the roll because Rhodey had a bigger roll in IM1 than IM2 (yes that's right even with WM). Rhodey was kind of a backdrop character in IM2, and they didn't get a chance to explore his and Tony's relationship. Hopefully that will change in IM3.

I personally don't have a problem with Howard, but he's not doing himself any favors by holding a grudge. Move on dude, that was 5 years ago.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #34
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I do feel like Jamie Foxx should have been Rhodey from day one. He would have had some sick chemistry with RDJ, and they're pretty close friends as well. I guess his pay grade was probably way above what Marvel was willing to offer.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #35
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I completely disagree with this. Cheadle just won a best actor Emmy starring as the leading man on House of Lies, his work in Hotel Rwanda blows away anything Howard has ever done. And watch him in Traitor with Guy Pearce. He has more than enough acting chops to carry his own flick imo. He just wasn't given good material in IM2.
Haven't watched his new series, but headlining a TV series is not the first thing people look at when you are talking about headlining a major blockbuster. It's not like House of Lies is one of the most popular TV shows on the air either, and if so, I'm not aware of that. Rwanda was back in 2004. Traitor was forgettable, and another relatively light budget movie. Not enough there. He has the acting chops, just not the gravitas and the physical assets you need. Howard had that back in his Oscar nominated days and got too cocky. I don't blame only him or Marvel. It was a missed opportunity. I thought Cuba Gooding Jr. could have ressurected his career. Could have been another RDJ type success story. With Cheadle, they painted themselves into the corner of "just another supporting guy".

Last edited by Mr.M; 03-07-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #36
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

I dont think Cheadle looked as much like Rhodey as Howard did (at least my minds visual interpretation of war machine lol) but I agree howard appears to be a grade A douche

Sparta* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #37
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I always like Don Cheadle. I remember Don Cheadle from stuff like Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and Meteor Man.

Cheadle and Howard were both in Crash but I don't remember them having scenes together.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #38
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I do feel like Jamie Foxx should have been Rhodey from day one. He would have had some sick chemistry with RDJ, and they're pretty close friends as well. I guess his pay grade was probably way above what Marvel was willing to offer.
That would be sick if it happened !

Ultra Nolanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #39
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Avi Arad wanted Jamie Foxx as Luke Cage when the character was at Columbia.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #40
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
That would be sick if it happened !
His schedule would have been open to do it since he didn't have a single film come out in 2008, but it does look like he spent a good part of 2007 (when IM1 was filming) working on one of his albums. I do think that he would have commanded just as much, if not more, to play Rhodey.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #41
T"Challa
Side-Kick

lol

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #42
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

I wouldn't be able to buy Jamie Foxx's character as a humorless military guy.

He'd make Rhodey dance with the flight attendants(Iron Man 1) and join in on the fun when Tony was drunk in the Iron Man suit(Iron Man 2)

Heck he'd probably DJ with goldstein too.

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #43
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
I wouldn't be able to buy Jamie Foxx's character as a humorless military guy.

He'd make Rhodey dance with the flight attendants(Iron Man 1) and join in on the fun when Tony was drunk in the Iron Man suit(Iron Man 2)

Heck he'd probably DJ with goldstein too.
Foxx is an actor. He has played many dramatic roles where he has not relied on his humor. Don't see why you wouldn't be able to buy him in the role of Rhodey, but okay. By the way, Rhodey is not completely humorless.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #44
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss Whedon View Post
For me at least, Cheadle doesn't come across much as an action hero.
And Howard does?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #45
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
I dont think Cheadle looked as much like Rhodey as Howard did (at least my minds visual interpretation of war machine lol) but I agree howard appears to be a grade A douche
Really??? Did you read the comics before the first Ironman movie was made???

http://**************.com/images/use...man_062511.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...s4VfTN568N1VXw

http://www.ironmanarmory.com/rhodeyarmorbio.jpg

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #46
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Avi Arad wanted Jamie Foxx as Luke Cage when the character was at Columbia.
But now hes Electro. So sad....

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #47
kedrell
I see what you did there

I'm sure Foxx can do Electro justice. I'm not one to get hung up on the race change.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #48
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I did like Howard as Rhodey in IM1, and I was too fond of Cheadle as replacement early on. However, this interview proves that Marvel was correct in sacking Howard in IM2 instead of catering to his outrageous demands.

I think he was overpaid in IM1 because back then RDJ was still a huge question mark, which many of us have forgotten, and Howard just came off an Oscar nomination from Hustle & Flow and was an 'It' actor. That doesn't justify his enormous ego nor his salary demands for the sequel, and we now can see that going with RDJ was the right move.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #49
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I'm sure Foxx can do Electro justice. I'm not one to get hung up on the race change.
I've got no problem with race-switching, either --- in the vast majority of cases in comic-book movies, race/ethnicity wasn't a crucial part to the character's persona, so making them black/latino/asian doesn't change a thing in the end analysis.

What I *am* wondering is what kind of personality Max Dillon is supposed to have in this movie. Comic-book Max is an over-the-top ubergeek who's pretty much the laughingstock of the Marvel Universe. I just can't see Foxx playing that --- my concern is that Jamie is just too cool for Electro.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #50
kedrell
I see what you did there

IIRC, Howard was cast before even Favreau was signed on as director. So he had no say in that casting decision. Howard was an Avi Arad pick while he was still in the loop. Glad he's not calling any shots anymore in the MCU.