The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 03-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #676
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I don't hate anyone I just personally don't like people who smile all the time. Plus she can't act that good, imo.
LMAO I'll make a note to never meet you in person.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #677
the last son
Side-Kick

I mean it just reeks of arrogance. Not everyone can go do crap movies and get paid millions of dollars and live a dream. Before anyone says she worked hard, blah,blah, bs my mom busted her tail everyday for 50 years to get crap pay, while she works a few times a year to be what I consider crap and then gets to live in a dream house. This is a screwed up world I was born into

Old 03-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #678
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
I mean it just reeks of arrogance. Not everyone can go do crap movies and get paid millions of dollars and live a dream. Before anyone says she worked hard, blah,blah, bs my mom busted her tail everyday for 50 years to get crap pay, while she works a few times a year to be what I consider crap and then gets to live in a dream house. This is a screwed up world I was born into
So basically you are jealous? If she's rich, she should act like she feels guilty about it every now and then so you'll like her?

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #679
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
You could say that for just about....anybody who's upper-middle class though.

I'm not rich but I smile all the time. I have my health, I have goals I'm working toward, I have great family and friends. Why shouldn't I be happy?

And I know filthy rich people who scowl all the time too. Is that better for you?

Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #680
the last son
Side-Kick

I've just always felt that people who have no shame admitting they are down are those I feel you can trust the most. Not that I have any reason to trust or distrust Anne I just am not a fan of hers. I really don't care for her. Negatively or positively. Did she ruin rises for me? No, that movie had a list of problems that went beyond her. I just prefer the diamonds in the rough than the shining pearls. Same reason I can't stand Jennifer Lawrence, I have only seen her in First Class and thought she was average. But the way the media tries to shove this crap down my throat and expect me to fall in line is not going to happen.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #681
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I've just always felt that people who have no shame admitting they are down are those I feel you can trust the most. Not that I have any reason to trust or distrust Anne I just am not a fan of hers. I really don't care for her. Negatively or positively. Did she ruin rises for me? No, that movie had a list of problems that went beyond her. I just prefer the diamonds in the rough than the shining pearls. Same reason I can't stand Jennifer Lawrence, I have only seen her in First Class and thought she was average. But the way the media tries to shove this crap down my throat and expect me to fall in line is not going to happen.
But there are people who are chronically depressed and down all the time, or some who naturally have a melancholic temperament. Others however have a more optimistic, sunny outlook and a sanguine temperament. Anne and Jennifer Lawrence are definitely more sanguine. Doesn't mean they are any less genuine. Are you saying you only trust and relate to melancholic or depressed people?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #682
the last son
Side-Kick

Pretty much I've been deeply depressed since 14. So of course I don't see the sunny outlook others see. Even if I had immense wealth. But no I don't only trust depressed people but overly happy people to the point of irritating behavior I don't like. It's like you couldn't even have a real sincere conversation because they are too busy being happy about their own lives. How could you even relate to someone like that. How could they relate to you? So, I just prefer to stay away from people like that.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #683
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Cheery and positve people, if they're genuine, are sometimes the best way out of a funk. Positive energy spreads just like negative energy.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #684
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

It sounds more like a case of misery loves company. Happy people can be very genuine and, like BatLobsterRises says, can lift you out of your depression. However, someone who is chronically depressed will likely resist that and even resent it, because the happy people start beaming a ray of life and hope into their lives.

Kristen Stewart is the exact opposite of Anne or Jennifer Lawrence. She barely ever smiles and seems quite reserved and closed. She isn't exactly endearing. She's much more attractive when she does eventually smile, but it doesn't seem something that comes naturally.

How do you know that Anne wasn't just brought up that way - that she inherited and learned her sunny disposition from her parents and the way she was brought up? Why should it all be an insincere act?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #685
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
It's like you couldn't even have a real sincere conversation because they are too busy being happy about their own lives.
Being happy or cheerful doesn't mean you are self-centered.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #686
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

This song is dedicated to all the happy people in this thread.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #687
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
So basically you are jealous? If she's rich, she should act like she feels guilty about it every now and then so you'll like her?
Yeah, jealously has got to be a large reason behind this non-issue. This whole thing seems silly. She's worked hard for the success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Cheery and positve people, if they're genuine, are sometimes the best way out of a funk. Positive energy spreads just like negative energy.
Exactly. I'll take positivity over negativity any day of the week. She has a fun sense of humour and if people don't like it that's their problem. Media outlets running these 'stories' is not surprising, but really, talk about a non-issue blown out of proportion, based almost entirely on tweets and a few blogs. Getting 'hated' - a strong word, for being upbeat and friendly, is a sad state of affairs.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #688
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Being happy or cheerful doesn't mean you are self-centered.
Seriously. I actually prefer to do the listening and say words of encouragement, than to go on and on about how supposedly awesome my life is.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #689
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Actually I'd say the last son's outlook is the selfish one.

"How dare you be happier than me?"

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #690
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Actors can't really win with some people though. If they're more sullen and stoic and have a "I hate Hollywood" vibe, they're not being grateful. If they're excited and happy to be where they are, they're too diabetic inducing.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #691
the last son
Side-Kick

I just prefer actors/actresses who can still be depressed with everything in wealth they have. I love Johnny Depp. I like the way Brad Pitt handles himself. He understands that it was luck that got him here and seems to be appreciative of that fact and know in reality most people in the industry aren't that talented they are lucky. Anne comes across as someone who just thinks shes that and a bag of hats. This is my last time talking about it because I have better things to do. No one is jealous. I would not want the fame and fortune if it means I give up my privacy. I also don't want to be controlled like how it seems they are.
@ C. Lee How dare you be happier than me? Yeah, right 90% of the worlds population is happier than me. Some rich some poor she just gives off a vibe I'm not buying. She is very annoying.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #692
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Wow, I get a completely different vibe from Anne. I think she's extremely down to earth.

I also have no idea how Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt are supposedly "depressed". Johnny Depp is private, that doesn't mean he's depressed. I seriously failed to comprehend everything you're trying to say there.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #693
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Johnny Depp is in no way ''depressed'' about his life/career... he's just modest and reserved.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #694
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Pretty much I've been deeply depressed since 14. So of course I don't see the sunny outlook others see. Even if I had immense wealth. But no I don't only trust depressed people but overly happy people to the point of irritating behavior I don't like. It's like you couldn't even have a real sincere conversation because they are too busy being happy about their own lives. How could you even relate to someone like that. How could they relate to you? So, I just prefer to stay away from people like that.
I feel bad for you in a way if you've been depressed for that long, but at the same time i think you should stop whining and moaning on here. Bad things happen to all of us, rich or poor. People like Jim Carrey, or most comedians have been depressed in their lives and they deflect with humor and always putting on a smile. It makes themselves feel better, and it makes others feel better. Then there are naturally happy people. If everything was going well in MY life and i had great fortune (like Anne) i would be the same way.

She seems like she's always been a person who looks on the positive side of things. People have different beliefs man. Just because you obviously have no faith in humanity and always look to the negative after all the bad **** in ur life, doesnt mean that people who are the opposite of you should be ridiculed and called phony.

I, myself, might not have much, and i dont have the best of luck, but i appreciate what's in my life and yes i am a happy person despite all of it. If i was rich, and was happy in front of the media, happy to be at the oscars, happy to star in movies whether fans like them or not....i certainly wouldn't give a damn what the negative people thought of me. And you wonder why she's happy??? Look at what it is in her life. If you had the same success you would be too so stop knocking ppl down just because YOU dont have their life. Stop the jealousy.

Good for Anne. Im not naturally as chippery as her, but she has a different personality, so who cares.

There's a difference between snobby, fake smile, rich people who talk like they're above you, etc. And then Anne Hathaway. Who is just naturally happy. Everybody deserves that kind of happiness, including you bud, but you're never gonna get there if you keep projecting your life onto the "happier people".

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #695
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

And Depp is also a different personality to Anne. Should Anne be more like Depp or Pitt?

Maybe Depp is more melancholic by nature. Anne is definitely more sanguine. So she's naturally more upbeat and cheerful. That doesn't mean all sanguine people are fake or that Anne isn't genuine or can't feel "depressed". I don't get why one must go round being depressed anyway. It's not like it's a good feeling and somehow more earnest and sincere. Who wants to feel depressed or be around depressed people?

Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #696
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Idk about anyone else but if I ever became a celebrity whose made their dreams come true, you can be damn skippy I'd be acting ecstatic about it all the time.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #697
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Idk about anyone else but if I ever became a celebrity whose made their dreams come true, you can be damn skippy I'd be acting ecstatic about it all the time.
It would wear off over time though.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #698
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

I'm getting heavy emo vibes reading this stuff. My life isn't great either. Hell, I'm disabled and I need help doing simple tasks every day. I don't come to SHH moaning about how hard my life is though.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #699
RustyCage
Come what may..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I wouldn't really compare Anne Hathaway to Audrey Hepburn, but it's clear that there Audrey was a huge inspiration for the portrayal of Selina Kyle in TDKR, especially wardrobe wise. So I think that is where the comparisons have stemmed from for the most part.
Exactly, and that's perfectly valid. It's also clear that she sees Audrey as a general inspiration even outside of Batman these days.

And if it annoys anybody? Toughen up and show some maturity.

You don't get to censor anybody just because you're touchy about something as harmless as a celebrity comparison.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #700
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I feel bad for you in a way if you've been depressed for that long, but at the same time i think you should stop whining and moaning on here. Bad things happen to all of us, rich or poor. People like Jim Carrey, or most comedians have been depressed in their lives and they deflect with humor and always putting on a smile. It makes themselves feel better, and it makes others feel better. Then there are naturally happy people. If everything was going well in MY life and i had great fortune (like Anne) i would be the same way.

She seems like she's always been a person who looks on the positive side of things. People have different beliefs man. Just because you obviously have no faith in humanity and always look to the negative after all the bad **** in ur life, doesnt mean that people who are the opposite of you should be ridiculed and called phony.

I, myself, might not have much, and i dont have the best of luck, but i appreciate what's in my life and yes i am a happy person despite all of it. If i was rich, and was happy in front of the media, happy to be at the oscars, happy to star in movies whether fans like them or not....i certainly wouldn't give a damn what the negative people thought of me. And you wonder why she's happy??? Look at what it is in her life. If you had the same success you would be too so stop knocking ppl down just because YOU dont have their life. Stop the jealousy.

Good for Anne. Im not naturally as chippery as her, but she has a different personality, so who cares.

There's a difference between snobby, fake smile, rich people who talk like they're above you, etc. And then Anne Hathaway. Who is just naturally happy. Everybody deserves that kind of happiness, including you bud, but you're never gonna get there if you keep projecting your life onto the "happier people".
Exactly. I have a friend who's always happy and super excited. She gets stoked about watching her favorite TV show or just going to the movies. I love that about her because she's fun to be around. We need more happy people in the world, we need more people like Anne Hathaway.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote