The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #276
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Or when Thor took down two of those giant ships with one lightning blast? Or when Thor clocked Hulk with that Uppercut? Or Thor toying with Ironman.

Oh, what about in thor 1, when he charged his hammer with lightning and struck the ground, destroying a city sized land scape in Jotenheim? A feat of power that has yet to be duplicated by anyone in the MCU?

Alright guy. alright
"Hulk no need puny hammer. Hulk just needs his mitts."

No, but for real. Thor is forced into the more normal heroic role, and thus his feats are somewhat ignored.

Also, you have the weird Loki smashing moment. That distorts a lot considering how Thor in the same film struggles to do a thing to him. Yes, there are clear explanations, but that isn't what people leave the theater talking about. They just laugh at Loki making the weirdest noise they ever heard and the Hulk caused it. They also pick up on the hype job that guys like Loki and Tony Stark give for Hulk. Thor didn't get nearly the same build up.

Finally, Thor in the films kind of feels like a 2 trick pony. Hit someone with the hammer or lightning. It isn't like they have let him get too creative with it either. Best hammer trick, rock propeller. Best bit of Lightning? Destroying Jotenhiem. Both happened in the same scene and he hasn't done it since.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 03-08-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #277
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Jesus H; they're releasing a trailer with Iron Man 3. There'll undoubtedly be a huge deluge of pictures, then they'll have a big presentation at comic-con, another trailer later, etc. They'll give this movie the same push that they gave Iron Man 3, and Avengers, and the first Thor movie. Because, wait for it, they're spending hundreds of millions of dollars on it, just like they did on Iron Man 3, and Avengers, and the first Thor movie.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #278
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Oh, this is about promotion? Cause really, makes no sense to hype this too much before IM3.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #279
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Oh, this is about promotion? Cause really, makes no sense to hype this too much before IM3.
Yeah, because Iron Man 3's trailer came out 7 and a half months before the movie, and Thor 2's trailer is only coming out 7 months before the movie! Clearly they've decided to put more effort into Iron Man 3's promotion

Old 03-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #280
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Jesus H; they're releasing a trailer with Iron Man 3. There'll undoubtedly be a huge deluge of pictures, then they'll have a big presentation at comic-con, another trailer later, etc. They'll give this movie the same push that they gave Iron Man 3, and Avengers, and the first Thor movie. Because, wait for it, they're spending hundreds of millions of dollars on it, just like they did on Iron Man 3, and Avengers, and the first Thor movie.
You just dropped too much logic in here for ThorOdinSon to comprehend. I don't get why anyone would think they would blow their ad money on marketing Thor 2 when it'll be overshadowed by the other Marvel movie dropping in under 2 months. With all the time and events left to promote Thor 2, Marvel is not going to waste those opportunities. If they didn't believe in the movie, they wouldn't have greenlit a sequel.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #281
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yeah, because Iron Man 3's trailer came out 7 and a half months before the movie, and Thor 2's trailer is only coming out 7 months before the movie! Clearly they've decided to put more effort into Iron Man 3's promotion
Clearly.

Thor coming out at the end of the year gives it its every own time to shiny. It is pretty neat compared to Thor and Cap having to compete. No chance of it getting lost like TIH did.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #282
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
I obviously understood his sacarsm, seeing as I said all he had for a response to my post was a "sarcastic JOKE."

Disney is one of the biggest film production companies in the world, so they are more then capable of promoting two films(they normally promote more two films at a time). Besides my point was never about Disney wanting to destroy the Thor movie, it was about the promotion UP UNTIL THIS POINT! Do I think Disney/Marvel, plans to destroy the Thor movie on purpose...urmm No. Do I think Disney/Marvel has pre decided that IM3 is going to be the bigger cash cow, thus putting more energy into it, then after it comes out focus on Thor...YES. But people want to add things to my post, that I never said, so that they can vent about issues that have nothing to do with myself. Yes IM3 comes out next month, so production for the movie is nearly over, but my point was that when IM3 was 7 months away, we had A LOT more advertisement for the film.

I have my own conclusions as to why Marvel handles Thor the way they do, but that was never in discussion. I find it funny that people, who claim to be Thor fans, are actually bashing me because I would like to see more Thor 2 advertisement. I'm excited, and anxious for the movie, and from observing the way Marvel has treated IM3, it's clear to me Thor is not as big as investment. But, if you follow the numbers, it would make since, IM movies make a lot more, and are generally more popular, but I feel the treatment of Thor collides with how popular Thor is. Two movies down, and another on the way, and most people can't even tell you what the name of his hammer is, some even believe without the hammer he has no powers. In fact most people cant name a single person connected to Thor, other then Loki. So in my opinion Marvel should do more to show case a very marketable super hero. Give people a reason to like Thor, the same way they did with Iron Man who spent years as a B listed hero, by giving the role to Robert Downey Jr. Not that Chris is no good for the part, but I think this movie needs heavy endorsement, and it needs to be knock out film. Because their is nothing rememberable about Thor 1, and Thor's best part in Avengers, or I should say rememberable was being sucker punched by Hulk.
Disney/Marvel didn't start marketing Iron Man 3 until the end of October, a good seven months before the film's release. Thor is not released for another 8 months and we're getting a trailer next month.

It's the same marketing schedule. You have no idea what you're talking about. Go away please.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #283
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
I obviously understood his sacarsm, seeing as I said all he had for a response to my post was a "sarcastic JOKE."

Disney is one of the biggest film production companies in the world, so they are more then capable of promoting two films(they normally promote more two films at a time). Besides my point was never about Disney wanting to destroy the Thor movie, it was about the promotion UP UNTIL THIS POINT! Do I think Disney/Marvel, plans to destroy the Thor movie on purpose...urmm No. Do I think Disney/Marvel has pre decided that IM3 is going to be the bigger cash cow, thus putting more energy into it, then after it comes out focus on Thor...YES. But people want to add things to my post, that I never said, so that they can vent about issues that have nothing to do with myself. Yes IM3 comes out next month, so production for the movie is nearly over, but my point was that when IM3 was 7 months away, we had A LOT more advertisement for the film.
Ironically, the greatest argument against this is the very fact that they are attaching the Thor trailer to a movie that millions of people will see... What movie was the first Iron Man 3 trailer attached to? Cloud Atlas. The second? Oz, the Great and Powerful.

Quote:
Give people a reason to like Thor...by giving the role to Robert Downey Jr.
That would be so hilarious.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #284
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I've talk too many people about avengers and no one ever mentions any of the stuff you named. Not that it wasnt cool, because it was. But I said rememberable.

Heck I forgot all about the bridge scene, and I'm a Thor fan. So I'm sure if I grabbed a random person who attest to watching Thor, I asked what do you remember the most, very few, if any would answer when he destroyed the bridge. Most walked out talking about Loki. Just like most people came out of avengers talking about Iron Man, or Hulk.
its media dude. If you are a thor fan, why do you care? Its clear how powerful he is, why do you care what others think about him? Ironman is the star. he is. RDJ. Hulk hasn't been on screen in years, and people want to see the big guy "smash"

thor in terms of awesomeness held his own, and in terms of power, and durability, and just...thor-ness..he's still awesome. I think you need to chill. Just about all use thor fans are satisfied with the character

Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #285
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
We don't like your fancy facts and logic around these parts, city boy!

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #286
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

No my point was not just that IM3 had already had trailer by this point, I only pointed that out because of the back lash I got when I mentioned that Thor should have a trailer by now. My point, and I will say this again, is that by this point for IRON MAN 3, we had trailers, pictures, concept art, and all around more publicity and marketing. It's simply an observation. If you disagree with that statement, prove it. If you think it's a mute point, simply because you know they will focus on Thor 2 after Iron Man 3, then guess what, I know and agree they will, they have no other choice. But I've never said Marvel doesn't plan to market Thor, I said up until this point they have done a poor job marketing Thor, the same way they did Iron Man 3, if you go back 7 months.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #287
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
IM3 will probably be out in about mid to late-September if they follow the same schedule they did for previous releases.

Sure seems like one for CA should be out. With filming seemingly being pushed back by a couple months, it'd probably be pretty barebones unless they can film fairly fast and get some of the basic CGI effects done.
isnt Cap 2 set to start shooting around March-April?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #288
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Why are people trashing this movie?! Makes no sense. From what I've seen, we've gotten more behind the scenes photos than Iron Man. People need to calm down and just have some patience. Marvel can't shove three movies down our throats before even the first one has been released. Aren't we getting a Thor trailer with IM3?!
Its gonna be awesome to watch a trailer of a movie thats in the same universe.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #289
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
No my point was not just that IM3 had already had trailer by this point, I only pointed that out because of the back lash I got when I mentioned that Thor should have a trailer by now. My point, and I will say this again, is that by this point for IRON MAN 3, we had trailers, pictures, concept art, and all around more publicity and marketing. It's simply an observation. If you disagree with that statement, prove it. If you think it's a mute point, simply because you know they will focus on Thor 2 after Iron Man 3, then guess what, I know and agree they will, they have no other choice. But I've never said Marvel doesn't plan to market Thor, I said up until this point they have done a poor job marketing Thor, the same way they did Iron Man 3, if you go back 7 months.
From a marketing stand point, it really wouldn’t make sense to start promoting Thor 2 when they’re in the middle or promoting Iron Man 3. Hell, even if it was a Captain America film that was coming out in May and not Iron Man, it still wouldn’t make sense.

I honestly don’t think that this has anything to do with who is considered more popular or not. It just makes sense that they focus on getting the fans and audiences attention on what they’re releasing this coming summer, which is only a few short months away, as opposed to throwing out Thor 2 as well to the audience in the same time.

I mean in all honesty, you are kind of coming off as nothing more than a fan that’s just being simply impatient. We’ll be getting the Thor stuff soon, but until then, you don’t need to instantly condemn Marvel Studios for not releasing stuff for the film at your timing. I’m just honestly thankful that we’re even getting a Thor franchise, let alone one that’s successful and made with the right people.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #290
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

I'm told people are being rude and uncivil in here....I really hope that is not the case.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #291
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
"Hulk no need puny hammer. Hulk just needs his mitts."

No, but for real. Thor is forced into the more normal heroic role, and thus his feats are somewhat ignored.

Also, you have the weird Loki smashing moment. That distorts a lot considering how Thor in the same film struggles to do a thing to him. Yes, there are clear explanations, but that isn't what people leave the theater talking about. They just laugh at Loki making the weirdest noise they ever heard and the Hulk caused it. They also pick up on the hype job that guys like Loki and Tony Stark give for Hulk. Thor didn't get nearly the same build up.

Finally, Thor in the films kind of feels like a 2 trick pony. Hit someone with the hammer or lightning. It isn't like they have let him get too creative with it either. Best hammer trick, rock propeller. Best bit of Lightning? Destroying Jotenhiem. Both happened in the same scene and he hasn't done it since.
So? It's just like the comics. The Hulk hype will probably die down a bit, once we get a more threatening villain in Thanos. Thor on the other hand, he has never been one to show his true power with the avengers. He's too powerful. Thor could have solo'd that entire battle over the course of 10 minutes. But what fun would that be?

We will see the best of Thor in his individual movies

Old 03-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #292
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
isnt Cap 2 set to start shooting around March-April?
Supposedly April 1st but nothing confirmed.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #293
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Quote:
its media dude. If you are a thor fan, why do you care? Its clear how powerful he is, why do you care what others think about him? Ironman is the star. he is. RDJ. Hulk hasn't been on screen in years, and people want to see the big guy "smash"

thor in terms of awesomeness held his own, and in terms of power, and durability, and just...thor-ness..he's still awesome. I think you need to chill. Just about all use thor fans are satisfied with the character
I dont care per say how awesome he is, what I'm talking about is his presence in Avengers, and his own film. It's very important to me as Thor fan, how popular he is to those who may know very little about him. Should be important to Marvel as well. The reason people walked out talking about Hulk, was because Marvel invested a lot of time and energy into making him a character everyone could relate too. They used his insane feats, humor, and even made us connect to Bruce Banner. Up until this point, Thor feels bland, because we cant relate to him. In his on title film, he comes off as a dude "with a mean swing" and thats about all. His relationship with Foster feels fake...probably because it took 3 days for him to fall in love, and change his ways. Which is just not something anyone can identify with, his transition was just to easy. In the Avengers he barely has anything of use to offer to the team, and his lines are bland and vague. His only real conversation was with Loki on the hill cliff.

I'm hoping in the next film, we feel closer to Thor, and the pressures of being a Thunder god. Making his relationship with Jane and the other gods real. Less Loki, and more Thor. Which is why I would like to see more advertisement, more promotion. I google Thor 2 and I still get stuff from months ago. I think this movie will need the push by Marvel to fill seats.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #294
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
No need to release a Thor trailer that's going to get lost in the shuffle so shortly after the new IM3 trailer. If they released the rumored teaser trailer in early April, that's 7 months from the release date in early November, which fits into how IM3 was getting stuff released and marketed. Your perception on the situation does not fit the reality of what's actually happening.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #295
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Supposedly April 1st but nothing confirmed.
MarvelFreshman retweeted some chick who said they we're filming something for cap 2 at her gym today.
Here is the tweet "Kerry Winchester ‏@misskerrybaby02
They're filming Captain America in our gym... That's pretty cool lol"

Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #296
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
So? It's just like the comics. The Hulk hype will probably die down a bit, once we get a more threatening villain in Thanos. Thor on the other hand, he has never been one to show his true power with the avengers. He's too powerful. Thor could have solo'd that entire battle over the course of 10 minutes. But what fun would that be?

We will see the best of Thor in his individual movies
Except because of all the events the last decade in the comics, he has and has been smacked down far more then he should have.

My only point is it is easy to understand why the public doesn't see Thor as all that powerful. If Thor could solo it to save lives, he should have soloed it. You can't have him talking to Loki about madness and then "not try his hardest" while people are dying. It makes him look completely ridiculous. That is how powerful Thor is right now. He might get stronger in his next film, who knows. I hope so.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #297
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:

Disney is one of the biggest film production companies in the world, so they are more then capable of promoting two films(they normally promote more two films at a time).
No movie studio promotes two films in the same genre at the same time.

Quote:
Besides my point was never about Disney wanting to destroy the Thor movie, it was about the promotion UP UNTIL THIS POINT! Do I think Disney/Marvel, plans to destroy the Thor movie on purpose...urmm No
Yeah but your complaints suggest you think they are marketing it wrong. They are the successful super studio and they know how to best market their product.

Quote:
think Disney/Marvel has pre decided that IM3 is going to be the bigger cash cow, thus putting more energy into it, then after it comes out focus on Thor...YES. But people want to add things to my post, that I never said, so that they can vent about issues that have nothing to do with myself. Yes IM3 comes out next month, so production for the movie is nearly over, but my point was that when IM3 was 7 months away, we had A LOT more advertisement for the film.
Thor was far more popular than Iron-Man back in his early years but those days are gone. Iron-Man is the bigger draw in the comics and in the film but regardless marvel gave Thor a movie and included him in Avengers and are now producing a second film with an even bigger budget! If anything Thor has more fans now than he did before Avengers or Thor 1. Also marvel promoted the hell out of Thor's return in the comics.

Iron-Man wasn't stepping on the toes of any other super hero film by disney 7 months ago like Thor would be doing to him now. If anything Marvel chose Iron-Man over Thor and Captain America to go first in the franchise. Since he goes first in each round of movies and there are no other super hero films coming out in front of him they have more lead in time. Typically summer is the time for big action film releases but I think by Pushing Thor 2 back to November Marvel and Disney are showing that they learned from releasing Thor and Captain America so close together and overlapping the advertisement. Both movies probably would have done better if they weren't competeing against each other.

Quote:
my own conclusions as to why Marvel handles Thor the way they do, but that was never in discussion. I find it funny that people, who claim to be Thor fans, are actually bashing me because I would like to see more Thor 2 advertisement. I'm excited, and anxious for the movie, and from observing the way Marvel has treated IM3, it's clear to me Thor is not as big as investment. But, if you follow the numbers, it would make since, IM movies make a lot more, and are generally more popular, but I feel the treatment of Thor collides with how popular Thor is. Two movies down, and another on the way, and most people can't even tell you what the name of his hammer is, some even believe without the hammer he has no powers. In fact most people cant name a single person connected to Thor, other then Loki. So in my opinion Marvel should do more to show case a very marketable super hero. Give people a reason to like Thor, the same way they did with Iron Man who spent years as a B listed hero, by giving the role to Robert Downey Jr. Not that Chris is no good for the part, but I think this movie needs heavy endorsement, and it needs to be knock out film. Because their is nothing rememberable about Thor 1, and Thor's best part in Avengers, or I should say rememberable was being sucker punched by Hulk.
For the love of god the word is memorable! Thor had plenty of MEMORABLE moments in both films not the least of which was flying through the Joten Beasts head in the first movie. I've yet to see anything the equal of that in any super hero film yet!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #298
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Or when Thor took down two of those giant ships with one lightning blast? Or when Thor clocked Hulk with that Uppercut? Or Thor toying with Ironman.
Don't you mean when he gave Iron-Man a 400% power boost so that he would last long enough to be toyed with? Marvel made a point of telling the audience that he got that power boost before losing the fight and the entire audience knew the only thing that stopped iron-man from being completely crushed was the vibranium in cap's shield.

Quote:
Oh, what about in thor 1, when he charged his hammer with lightning and struck the ground, destroying a city sized land scape in Jotenheim? A feat of power that has yet to be duplicated by anyone in the MCU?
I still put flying through the joten beast's head at the top of my list. It not only showed his power but it showed the type of warrior that Thor is. He'll do things no other super hero would!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #299
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

I started reading comics, and thus THOR, in the mid 1960's.....he has gone through many changes in those years....as have Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Nick Fury, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.......

The characters and universes of all comic companies are in constant flux (or they die off)....so saying that recent changes in a particular comic is some kind of conspiracy is funny....because from what I have seen in my nearly 50 years of reading comics....everything changes.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #300
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I dont care per say how awesome he is, what I'm talking about is his presence in Avengers, and his own film. It's very important to me as Thor fan, how popular he is to those who may know very little about him. Should be important to Marvel as well. The reason people walked out talking about Hulk, was because Marvel invested a lot of time and energy into making him a character everyone could relate too. They used his insane feats, humor, and even made us connect to Bruce Banner. Up until this point, Thor feels bland, because we cant relate to him. In his on title film, he comes off as a dude "with a mean swing" and thats about all. His relationship with Foster feels fake...probably because it took 3 days for him to fall in love, and change his ways. Which is just not something anyone can identify with, his transition was just to easy. In the Avengers he barely has anything of use to offer to the team, and his lines are bland and vague. His only real conversation was with Loki on the hill cliff.

I'm hoping in the next film, we feel closer to Thor, and the pressures of being a Thunder god. Making his relationship with Jane and the other gods real. Less Loki, and more Thor. Which is why I would like to see more advertisement, more promotion. I google Thor 2 and I still get stuff from months ago. I think this movie will need the push by Marvel to fill seats.
we probably will. I agree about the foster thing, it was rushed. I dont like portman. But there is nothing to worry about. The movie will get hyped up in time. Thor's not getting the shaft. dont worry