The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #101
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
Yeah but see that's the thing: Kevin Eastman goes along with whatever the latest filmmaker and studio want to do to TMNT. Of corse this is probably because he focuses more on dollar signs while Peter Laird wants to stay true to the original story of the Turtles. He's not interested in tweaking and changing important details. Basically, he's on the same par as the fanboys.
Isn't it crazy. You have the two extremes here with both creators. One is about the populace, while the other is a non-conformist.

The weird thing is that Kevin's IDW TMNT Comics are actually wonderful.... I hope he can bring that to the film somehow. The writers can't be so stupid NOT to look at the IDW comics, when the creators is RIGHT THERE. And Eastman would be stupid NOT to mention his comics to the writers.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #102
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I read the suggestion of Mae Whitman for April. Don't know why it never occurred to me before.
that'd be cool too, i loved her in Scott Pilgrim and Perks.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #103
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I read the suggestion of Mae Whitman for April. Don't know why it never occurred to me before.
She does a good job on the new show

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 03-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #104
Octoberist
point blank

I just hope Bay and the non-entity director known as Jonathan Liesbman get a good CGI VfX house for the Turtles themselves.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #105
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It's supposed to be WETA according to the report I thought.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #106
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I just hope Bay and the non-entity director known as Jonathan Liesbman get a good CGI VfX house for the Turtles themselves.
If I ever watch the film it is going to be for the visual effects and looking at Fox.

What? Can't I appreciate a hot human being?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:41 AM   #107
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
Yeah but see that's the thing: Kevin Eastman goes along with whatever the latest filmmaker and studio want to do to TMNT. Of corse this is probably because he focuses more on dollar signs while Peter Laird wants to stay true to the original story of the Turtles. He's not interested in tweaking and changing important details. Basically, he's on the same par as the fanboys.
so like alan moore and david gibbons lol

Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #108
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Eastman talks some more...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...e&id=44272&utm

Quote:
You're also working on the new "Ninja Turtles" movie that Michael Bay is producing. How's that going? Can fans expect the IDW "TMNT" status quo to start inching closer and closer toward whatever continuity the film will use?

One of the things that's awesome about the relationship I've had with Platinum Dunes and Michael Bay and Jonathan Liebesman and some of the producers, Scott Mednick and Galen Walker on the series, is that it's probably amusing to a lot of people what the press puts out there and what they say people behind the scenes really want to do with the movie, but [Platinum Dunes'] main goal is actually to make the best possible "Turtles" movie with respect to the fans and the core audience as possible.

We've learned from movies like "The Avengers," which to me was a superhero movie so good to me personally that I practically wept. It was perfect, you know what I mean? That's the stuff that I grew up on. Joss Whedon just knocked it out of the park, the whole team did, and that includes choreographing all the interlocking movies.

From everything that I've seen in the ["TMNT"] script and the development and everything they've asked my input on specifically, it's gonna be an awesome, familiar, solid "Turtles" movie. It'll have everything that fans are gonna want and then some.

Much like you look at what they're doing at Nickelodeon with the new animated series, it's all based solidly on the "Turtles" foundation, but they've hit the reset button. They've taken it back to the first episode, with the Turtles first time above ground after many years of training with Master Splinter. They're making a "Turtles" origin that is firmly rooted in "Turtles" history, but a slight tweak here and a slight tweak there. It's been enjoyable and the IDW series is much the same, in that it's firmly rooted in "Turtles" history, but multiple "Turtles" universes.

I think Tom put together such a great tapestry. I think you'll see some of that with the movie. It'll touch on that same "Turtles" foundation, that same 30 years of "Turtles" history, so you can just pick and choose parts that you like but still keep it firmly rooted in "Turtles" history.

When we did the first movie with [director] Steve Barron back in 1990, it was a perfect hybrid of what Peter and I were doing with the original black and white series and what we were doing in the animated series, like with April being a news reporter. Issue #2 of [1984's] "Turtles" she was a scientist. Then in the IDW series she was a scientist again. Everything's there and everything can be traced back to the original group.

I think everybody's going to be pleased with what the movie's going to be and I hope we can pull stuff from there in to the "Turtles" universe, although I think in a lot of ways it's already there in the IDW series.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #109
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

For that to be true they must have completely threw out the original script

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #110
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
For that to be true they must have completely threw out the original script
supposedly that's what happened which is why the movie got delayed

hope it's true because the script that was flying around was a total POS

Old 03-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #111
Octoberist
point blank

In the interview, he mentions Tom. Who's Tom?

And thanks Eastman, for not even answering the darn question if the film will be inspired by his IDW comic. He could of easily said no.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:50 AM   #112
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
supposedly that's what happened which is why the movie got delayed

hope it's true because the script that was flying around was a total POS
The idea is to keep the story simple and that POS script just made it overly complicated for no reason. The new changes didn't add anything to the mythology. Seriously, it was just a Transformers remake with a green paint job. Very insulting.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #113
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

I sincerely hope Krang and the Technodrome are still in this...that is one aspect I really want to see on the big screen...the way they are portraying him in the current comic is beyond awesome...

Old 03-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #114
the last son
Side-Kick

I agree that krang and the technodrome would be fun to watch..maybe for a sequel tho..I just want basically a remake of the first movie personally

Old 03-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #115
Octoberist
point blank

The first film is so well done and surprisingly mature/ballsy that I don't think just a remake would work.

If I had to guess, like the first film, they probably will keep this one simple: The foot with Shredder. But that's kinda expected. Too expected, so I hope they can include the Mousers and Baxter Stockman to keep it fresh.

I WOULD LOVE them to hint or elude to Krang, Bebop & Rocksteady, or even Leatherhead.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #116
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Nothing positive about this movie, why am I so shocked to see that?

The first movie imo is better than something with nostalgic values, it's pretty good, and a proper display of how to make a proper TMNT film, serious, with good humor, the new animated series treats the turtles the same way and it's really good.

The old cartoon has nostalgic value, but besides Raphael, Shredder, different colored masks, Rob Paulsen, and the theme song nothing is good to be honest

I believe in the rightfulness of this campaign
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

#BanSawyer
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #117
Octoberist
point blank

"I made a money, hahaha" Bay's Splinter

Old 03-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #118
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

I'd actually pay to hear him say that, lol

Hope none of the crew reads this

#BanSawyer
Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #119
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Anybody want Feldman back for Donatello?

Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #120
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I like the idea of Donald Glover getting Donatello.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #121
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Motion capture or just a voice?

#BanSawyer
Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #122
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I like the idea of Donald Glover getting Donatello.
Seriously?

EDIT: Ah, you know what? I was thinking of Danny Glover. Always do that.

Last edited by titansupes; 03-21-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #123
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Motion capture or just a voice?
Just voice work. He sounds young and can sound intellectual if written properly.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #124
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Just voice work. He sounds young and can sound intellectual if written properly.
We can strike the if part
It's a never in a Michael Bay movie

#BanSawyer
Old 03-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #125
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
In the interview, he mentions Tom. Who's Tom?

And thanks Eastman, for not even answering the darn question if the film will be inspired by his IDW comic. He could of easily said no.
I think he's talking about Tom Waltz who writes the IDW TMNT comic.

Closed Thread