Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 03-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #226
nightwing06
Side-Kick

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Has she actually been confirmed?
They actually let the cat out of the bag a bit on that lame omgInsider show last night

nightwing06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #227
fangz
Side-Kick

that's not Pepper doing the flip, I don't think.
only saw it a few times but stopped to watch that part over.

not that it means she doesn't get injected, but I just don't think it's her in that scene.

fangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #228
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
that's not Pepper doing the flip, I don't think.
only saw it a few times but stopped to watch that part over.

not that it means she doesn't get injected, but I just don't think it's her in that scene.
someone posted an HD still..it's definitely a shirtless guy with tats

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #229
fangz
Side-Kick

oh wow, IGN's got a pretty detailed account of the 20 minutes they were screened. parts in there pertaining to this thread...

fangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #230
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Why does it not make sense? Does a cop need to give his wife a bulletproof vest and some heavy firepower just because his job might endanger her life? Or a soldier? Or a spy? Does Spider-Man need to get a radioactive spider to bite Mary Jane to give her superpowers, because of all the danger he puts her in? Or Superman need to put Lois Lane into an impenetrable bubble to keep her safe from all his enemies?
I was simply browsing this ridiculous thread and felt a need to respond to this.

Having been both in the military and law enforcement, I cannot even begin to express how wrong you are in your sentiments above, when you look at it in context.

Soldiers/Spies - Their fights are usually away from where their loved ones are, but you BET their families WILL be armed and as armored as they can possibly be if the fight somehow reached their doorsteps.

Law Enforcement - Although they are in the local community, again, their battles are usually away from home. With that being said, most LEOs I know with families more often than not train their families how to defend their homes. They usually do this by training responsible family members with firearms, and making sure that these same family members know how to access the said firearms and bulletproof vests/shields as they apply. They also teach outside awareness to the same family members for when they aren't home and might be targeted.

In daily mundane life, yes they won't be as armed or armored as their serving family members, but the context here is imminent danger.

Considering they already showed Pepper being IN a blast, I'd only think of Tony as utterly stupid if he DIDN'T design some kind of system to protect Pepper. The path of least resistance right now is armor, or a robot bodyguard. But a bodyguard won't necessarily protect her from blasts.

You might have some purist vendetta against Pepper getting an armor, but there's less of you than there are standard, non-comic-immersed movie-viewers who'd think the same way I would in regards to the logic of armoring Pepper. Considering that it ACTUALLY happened in the comics makes it tilt even further away from your arguments.

I'm sorry if I just repeated someone else's sentiments here, as I haven't read past the post I just quoted and responded to.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #231
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So, she's not rescue? Just Pepper in a suit for a few minutes.

lock.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #232
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Wow GP looks like a badass!

Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #233
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
*snip*
cool story, bra, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss Whedon View Post
So, she's not rescue? Just Pepper in a suit for a few minutes.

lock.
/lock lock

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:57 AM   #234
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
cool story, bra, but:

/lock lock
LOL

Considering we were talking about the logic of putting Pepper in armor versus your inane attempts to talk down said logic, I don't get why you're trying to sound smug. Like you won something.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #235
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
LOL

Considering we were talking about the logic of putting Pepper in armor versus your inane attempts to talk down said logic, I don't get why you're trying to sound smug. Like you won something.
It might be because your response was so inane that I didn't feel it warranted anything more than what I wrote.

Quote:
Soldiers/Spies - Their fights are usually away from where their loved ones are, but you BET their families WILL be armed and as armored as they can possibly be if the fight somehow reached their doorsteps.

Comforting thought, if it existed anywhere in the real world, and not just in the realm of sheer fantasy within your own head. Watch any video of, or read any news report of, any war zone anywhere any time since time began, and try to find *any* instance of them handing out suits of armor or bulletproof vests to civilians caught in the line of fire.

Go ahead: I'll wait.

There's only one that's used for civilians caught in the line of fire: casualties. Or maybe two words: collateral damage.

I wish things worked the way you said, and that weapons and armor grew on trees, and that civilians could magically go unharmed when bad guys start shooting at them, but reality isn't rainbows and moonbeams. It's cold and hard, and it kills.

Quote:
Law Enforcement - Although they are in the local community, again, their battles are usually away from home. With that being said, most LEOs I know with families more often than not train their families how to defend their homes. They usually do this by training responsible family members with firearms, and making sure that these same family members know how to access the said firearms and bulletproof vests/shields as they apply. They also teach outside awareness to the same family members for when they aren't home and might be targeted.
Again with your fantasies. Sure, some cops have "the family that shoots together stays together" attitude, and I have a few in my own family tree. And I also know plenty of cops who *don't* have that attitude, and whose wives and/or kids have never picked up a gun in their lives.

And yeah, I "won" this silly argument by virtue of what we now know about this movie. The "Rescue armor" is nothing more than one of Tony's Extremis suits that he claps onto her to protect her during the mansion attack; *not* something he's lovingly crafted for her personal protection and long-term use as a his-n-hers matching set.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #236
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

* ding, ding, ding * " And the winner, by second round Knockout... CherokeeSam!!!"

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #237
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Enough with the pissing contest, no one wins on the internet.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #238
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Enough with the pissing contest, no one wins on the internet.
Aww. Please tell me 'internet bucks' aren't worth anything either, because I've been waiting ages to cash those. j/k

Also, here's a thought (a real for once ). Why not just rename the thread and make it a Pepper character thread if there isn't one. If there is then lock or merge it with that one. Maybe then we can discuss her character and not a suit that doesn't feature in the film.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 03-10-2013 at 07:51 PM.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #239
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Comforting thought, if it existed anywhere in the real world, and not just in the realm of sheer fantasy within your own head. Watch any video of, or read any news report of, any war zone anywhere any time since time began, and try to find *any* instance of them handing out suits of armor or bulletproof vests to civilians caught in the line of fire.
LOL

You're as deluded as some of your arguments.

A) Having been in the military, I would find a way to to equip my family *as much as I can* if my fights got onto US soil.

Where the flying crapstick did I mention the military or the gov't handing out equipment to civilians? Show me THAT instance. Although I flipping guaran-damn-tee you that I'd yank the [government-issued] flak vest off my body to hand to my wife if it came to that.

I'll highlight the relevant bit you missed:

Quote:
...WILL be armed and as armored as they can possibly be
...meaning that the serving family member will do whatever is in HIS power to equip his family. Considering the discussion was about the fictional character of Tony Stark, tell me where he ISN'T capable of doing at least this--and then some--for Pepper. Which leads me to:

B) LOL [again] at your "win."

The argument wasn't about whether she should be Rescue or not. At least not from me. It was about the logic of placing her in armor at some point to protect her from the dangers that follow Tony around, and how you used LEOs and servicemembers as weak point in your inane argument.

You and others like you had all these fallacious arguments like: "she's not a weak woman," "look at servicemembers and LEOs," etc., etc. And yet, the logic you were arguing against won through in the movie. I was also here to tell you as being BOTH a former servicemember AND LEO that you are flat-out WRONG in how we'd strive to protect our families when the fight gets to OUR DOOR, which is WHAT HAPPENED TO TONY IN THE MOVIE.

So again, what were you so smug about?

Last edited by carrrnuttt; 03-09-2013 at 06:03 PM.
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #240
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
LOL

You're as deluded as some of your arguments.

A) Having been in the military, I would find a way to to equip my family *as much as I can* if my fights got onto US soil.

Where the flying crapstick did I mention the military or the gov't handing out equipment to civilians? Show me THAT instance. Although I flipping guaran-damn-tee you that I'd yank the [government-issued] flak vest off my body to hand to my wife if it came to that.

I'll highlight the relevant bit you missed:

...meaning that the serving family member will do whatever is in HIS power to equip his family. Considering the discussion was about the fictional character of Tony Stark, tell me where he ISN'T capable of doing at least this--and then some--for Pepper. Which leads me to:

B) LOL [again] at your "win."

The argument wasn't about whether she should be Rescue or not. At least not from me. It was about the logic of placing her in armor at some point to protect her from the dangers that follow Tony around, and how you used LEOs and servicemembers as weak point in your inane argument.

You and others like you had all these fallacious arguments like: "she's not a weak woman," "look at servicemembers and LEOs," etc., etc. And yet, the logic you were arguing against won through in the movie. I was also here to tell you as being BOTH a former servicemember AND LEO that you are flat-out WRONG in how we'd strive to protect our families when the fight gets to OUR DOOR, which is WHAT HAPPENED TO TONY IN THE MOVIE.

So again, what were you so smug about?
Since you missed it:
Hunter Rider said to shut the hell up.
You'd be well-advised to do so. I did.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #241
VictorShade
Side-Kick

Look at the armor behind Iron Man on his left. That suit is shaped pretty curvy. Case closed.

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #242
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorShade View Post

Look at the armor behind Iron Man on his left. That suit is shaped pretty curvy. Case closed.
no. or that's mark 2 suit.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #243
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I really liked Rescue on Iron Man: Armored Adventures. I liked the dynamic of Tony, Pepper and Rhodey all out together. Of course, her characterization was a bit different in that series. Until I see the film, I still think it would be cool to have Rescue

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #244
VictorShade
Side-Kick

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #245
Marathon
Side-Kick

Pretty much confirmed now (via that SHH article).

#teamrescue #peppironwoman

Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #246
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Hope it's pink and purple.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #247
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Hope it breaks and crushes her inside it.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #248
Marathon
Side-Kick

#ironpepper

Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #249
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Ouch.

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #250
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post

I concur. Not because I dislike Gwyneth Paltrow, but because I hate Rescue.

Here's the problem as I see it, for any future films highlighting Iron Man, the audience can have an expectation of Pepper suiting up again. Pepper could now be considered a super hero in her own right and, coming from a completely biased perspective against the idea of RESCUE, that's not a film I want to see.

InternetPeople is offline   Reply With Quote