The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #476
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

[QUOTE=herolee10;25349959]Yep, I can agree with that. And I do also agree with you that given Stark’s curiosity about the “unexplained”, I would have thought that would have taken just as much interest in trying to figure out about Thor like he was on trying to get Banner to Hulk out. I mean, it’s one thing to meet somewhat of a meta-human or creature created by Earth science, but completely another thing to meet a deity like figure who’s from a higher realm of existence.

In any case, do you guys think that we’ll see Thor pushed to his very limits in this film like how Iron Man 3 is seemingly promising to do so with Iron man in his battle against Mandarin and the Ten Rings? If anything, I’m starting to wonder if the Big Three Phase 2 films are all about pushing these heroes to their extremes. You have Mandarin who’s really making it personal and hitting Stark on his own home field, and then you have Captain America having to deal with the Winter Soldier, who was once his best friend Bucky that he had presumed dead.

So with the likes of Malikeith, the Dark Elves, and now Algrim added to the mix, where this guy is known to be a very strong opponent for Thor, I wonder if we can expect the same and finally see a villain or set of villains who can take Thor, as he is now, to the point where they could make general fans wonder if Thor will come out of this alright or not since that sense of danger hasn’t really been established as well when T

I think so. We've yet to see Thor fully exert himself, and cut loose. With Kurse being kurse, hopefully we'll see thor really have to cut loose to take him down. He'd have to. He's basically the hhulk on on steriods

Old 03-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #477
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So with the likes of Malikeith, the Dark Elves, and now Algrim added to the mix, where this guy is known to be a very strong opponent for Thor, I wonder if we can expect the same and finally see a villain or set of villains who can take Thor, as he is now, to the point where they could make general fans wonder if Thor will come out of this alright or not since that sense of danger hasn’t really been established as well when Thor is at his full power in the MCU in my honest opinion.
I agree, but that should be saved for Thor 3, just like IM being pushed to him limits was saved for IM3.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #478
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I agree, but that should be saved for Thor 3, just like IM being pushed to him limits was saved for IM3.
Really? You would want to wait to see Thor REALLY cut loose? I am just about ready for it now I'd say.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #479
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Well, ever since seeing "Thor 1", I've kind of foregone the whole mentality when it comes to "saving things" for the future route.lol

I mean, one can definitely argue that the scale of the action shown in "Thor" was held back due to the fact that they were saving for the bigger invasion arc in "The Avengers".

Maybe the villains in "Thor 2" can be presented as to being Thor's first real challenge on screen in the MCU, with Surtur being more like the person that no one would think Thor could overcome at first when presented in "Thor 3".

Plus, imho, something like Iron Man 3 should have been shown in Iron Man 2 since we could go all the way back to mentioning on how Iron Man 2 really didn't go as far as they could have when it came to development of the character in certain ways.

I mean, look at how Heath's Joker pushed Batman in The Dark Knight...and that was extreme, but they were able to find a new form of extreme with Bane in the third film of the franchise. I think we could go for something like that in Thor 2 and 3.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #480
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Was reading one of recent Iron Man 3 interviews, and I found it interesting on how they at least mentioned that meeting Thor for Tony, and getting thrown around by him in the forest, did have a impact on him in the long run, which is one of the reasons for the way his psyche is going into Iron Man 3.
It wasn't specifically getting kicked around by Thor, it was the whole ordeal of The Avengers, right up to flying through a hole in the sky to the other side of the universe and seeing with his own eyes a big alien army.

Quote:
I would like for Stark to refer to this incident at some point in IM3, if not then that excerpt was pointless.
They've already referenced it in the trailers. "Nothing's been the same since New York", "...why can't I sleep".

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #481
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
It wasn't specifically getting kicked around by Thor, it was the whole ordeal of The Avengers, right up to flying through a hole in the sky to the other side of the universe and seeing with his own eyes a big alien army.
I think it had more to do with the fact he almost died that would hit him harder.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #482
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Was reading one of recent Iron Man 3 interviews, and I found it interesting on how they at least mentioned that meeting Thor for Tony, and getting thrown around by him in the forest, did have a impact on him in the long run, which is one of the reasons for the way his psyche is going into Iron Man 3.
like creating a headbutt preventive armor

or better yet asgardian armor

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #483
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I kind of hope that we get to see scenes like Thor supervising the Asgardian soldiers during their regular drills on Asgard, and even seeing things like Thor having a sparring match with some of the Asgardians, namely the warriors three. It'd be a great way of showing as well on what Asgardian hand-to-hand combat is like.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #484
raimar
Side-Kick

..[/QUOTE]
touche! Thor should be handled with care by Marvel. Downey is great, but not getting any younger. Thor could very well become a money producing machine as big as Iron Man i f handled well, and the potential is already there. In terms of raw comicbook superhero status, he has been diminished for many reasons by Marvel,( look at AvX. They will never get more money from me), but remains in all discussions of who's who? And he is not only arguably Marvel's, if not everybodies, most capable and powerfull superhero, but also quite capable of transcending the fandom barrier and opening the arena for more women to become fans, ( as evidenced by the reaction of many women iknow). I really want a badass movie with a lot of grounded stuff and a major showing by Thor that highlights his incredible power, vulnerabilities and humanity, if you can call it that way.Crossing fingers.!

raimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #485
raimar
Side-Kick

Thor should be handled with care by Marvel. Downey is great, but not getting any younger. Thor could very well become a money producing machine as big as Iron Man i f handled well, and the potential is already there. In terms of raw comicbook superhero status, he has been diminished for many reasons by Marvel,( look at AvX. They will never get more money from me), but remains in all discussions of who's who? And he is not only arguably Marvel's, if not everybodies, most capable and powerfull superhero, but also quite capable of transcending the fandom barrier and opening the arena for more women to become fans, ( as evidenced by the reaction of many women iknow). I really want a badass movie with a lot of grounded stuff and a major showing by Thor that highlights his incredible power, vulnerabilities and humanity, if you can call it that way.Crossing fingers.!

raimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #486
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited by Guerrilla; 03-25-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #487
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Really? You would want to wait to see Thor REALLY cut loose? I am just about ready for it now I'd say.
By pushed to his limits I meant, almost dying and I don't want to see The God of Thunder almost dying in two films.

So either they can put it in Thor:TDW or Thor 3, but not both he is Thor for goodness sakes not Spider-Man.

Quote:
I kind of hope that we get to see scenes like Thor supervising the Asgardian soldiers during their regular drills on Asgard, and even seeing things like Thor having a sparring match with some of the Asgardians, namely the warriors three. It'd be a great way of showing as well on what Asgardian hand-to-hand combat is like.
That would be epic, but I highly highly highly doubt they would include that since Asgardians as depicted as being weapon heavy.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #488
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
By pushed to his limits I meant, almost dying and I don't want to see The God of Thunder almost dying in two films.

So either they can put it in Thor:TDW or Thor 3, but not both he is Thor for goodness sakes not Spider-Man.

That would be epic, but I highly highly highly doubt they would include that since Asgardians as depicted as being weapon heavy.
I bet Sif is as Heavy as Volstagg with all the weapons SHE carries lol

....to every King.

if the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #489
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
What are we going to do when this beautiful man decides to shave his beard and cut his hair for good?

Old 04-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #490
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

As long as we're waiting for a TDW trailer let's take a look at Chris' next movie Rush:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Looks awesome!

Lady Marion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #491
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Rush should have a good audience in Europe and South America. Not sure how well an F1 movie will do in the U.S, but hopefully it will do reasonable figures there solely based on the Hemsworth and Ron Howard input.

itchyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #492
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I hope Chris Hemsworth really bulks up thos time around. Not saying he eas not big last yime around. But Thor should be HUGE.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #493
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm good with his size, I'm more worried about his strength feats.

What's the point of a superhero being super beefed up if they don't do anything with it.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #494
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Rush should have a good audience in Europe and South America. Not sure how well an F1 movie will do in the U.S, but hopefully it will do reasonable figures there solely based on the Hemsworth and Ron Howard input.
I'll probably download the movie, doubt I'd see it in theaters. But it does look interesting and I love sports type movies. (Idk if we can call F1 a 'sport' in the states) I personally can't wait to see the Jackie Robinson movie, but that's something that I see anyone outside of the US not caring about, which is a shame since he did so much for the sport.

Quote:
I'm good with his size, I'm more worried about his strength feats.

What's the point of a superhero being super beefed up if they don't do anything with it.
I keep telling myself that Thor is going to have those insane feats of strength in this movie. I hope I'm not let down but I'm also okay with how he and his strength have been portrayed so far, he for sure isn't a little league hitter. Cap is the one I want to see much, much more out of athletically and skill wise, and it seems like they are trying to showcase his skills in his movie so I hope they're doing the same with Thor. I need more than hammer throws and extended lightning summoning, I want like lightning charged hammer hits and even to see his full strength without the hammer being involved. Pick up something that looks almost impossible to move with almost no noticeable strain and throw that stuff like it means nothing!

That being said, Thor2 is probably my most anticipated movie, running close with GotG, because Thor1 was my favorite Phase 1 movie. It was so different compared to the others and I hope Thor2 adds onto that.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #495
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Guys, I think the bigger question we should all be asking ourselves is whether or not Chris has cut his locks yet considering he's done filming Thor 2.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #496
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I keep telling myself that Thor is going to have those insane feats of strength in this movie. I hope I'm not let down but I'm also okay with how he and his strength have been portrayed so far, he for sure isn't a little league hitter. Cap is the only one I need to see much, much more out of athletically and skill wise, and it seems like they are trying to showcase his skills in his movie so I hope they're doing the same with Thor. I need more than hammer throws and extended lightning summoning, I want like lightning charged hammer hits and even to see his full strength without the hammer being involved. Pick up something that looks almost impossible to move with almost no noticeable strain and throw that stuff like that!
Well in this article from USA Today Chris H. said that Thor is going to elevate his fighting style to cope with the increased threats. He said Thor shouldn't only be throwing his hammer like a viking, he said Thor's a demigod and he should fight using dynamic moves.

I smiled so hard when I read that, because that's just the stuff we wete hoping for as Thor fans.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #497
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Guys, I think the bigger question we should all be asking ourselves is whether or not Chris has cut his locks yet considering he's done filming Thor 2.
Yes this is a very important question these days . It doesn't seem that he did it.

Chrisattended the City Year Los Angeles’ Spring Break: Destination Education at Sony Pictures Studios on April 20, 2013 in Culver City, California.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #498
BoredGuy
Killing Time

man, he is a skinny dude when he stops workin out
and his neck looks very long without all that muscle on top

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #499
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

^My thoughts exactly when I saw those pics.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #500
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

It's great he can sculpt his body to suit whatever role he has next. It must be a pain in the ass, but it's a well paid job, so good luck to him.

itchyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote