The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #751
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: The Official IM3 Trailer Thread! - Part 1

I'm late to this trailer partay...I had no internet for a few days but the trailer has me very excited! The ending is just made of such awesome win.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #752
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by catintheengine View Post
Quite possibly.

However, I think it's just as likely that it will be tied into Tony's apparent paranoia post-Avengers.
I think it will start off with the paranoia, and lead to the above.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #753
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
yes I do remember the IP armor slamming someone onto a table in a previous trailer. If Rhodey is on Af1 with the IP armor then the question is why is Rhodey not helping Tony save all the other falling passengers? I am happy to see the film to have my question answered.
I'm not sure it is him. Rumors are the armor gets highjacked by Jack Taggert, with Eric Savin on board AF1 also, and they attacked the President.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #754
mc7791
The boys have arrived

has anyone seen the trailer in the theater? Thanks

mc7791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #755
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Check the last page of the News & Speculation thread.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #756
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I saw it during the 3d IMAX version of Oz

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #757
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
You nailed it. Pepper spent most of IM2 being thrown off-guard by Tony's behavior and her responsibility for dealing with the fallout of his actions. By shutting Pepper out, Tony made it impossible for her to understand why he was acting the way he did. Tony unintentionally put Pepper in an untenable position where she had to deal with him on one side and the company/government/press on the other. Thus she could neither help him nor show him the kind of compassion he clearly wanted from her.
The only reason Tony was keeping her out and had her run the company was because he didn't want her to know that he was dying from the Paladium poisoning his system. It doesn't make sense, because she knew about his crusades with the Iron Man armor, and she didn't overreact then. She never before showed any signs of overreacting to his crazy antics (running a weapons manufacturing business, which could possibly put him in harms way or lead to his death), so why would she all of the sudden starting b*tching and whining to him about his erratic behavior now? It was out of character! If Pepper had acted like that from the get go, she would have been fired on the spot by Tony at her job interview.

Speaking of which, that subplot with the Paladium poisoning him and slowly killing him is probably one of the most useless subplots I've ever seen in a comic book movie. If he knew it would poison him, why did he put it into his system in the first place in the first movie? It just makes Tony look dumb for not thinking through the ramifications of putting an unknown, possibly poisonous, element into his system without thinking it through.

Not to mention, it's usefulness as a plot device is pretty much diminished once Tony's administered that "convenient" temporary antidote by Black Widow to cause the poison to subside, and is completely brushed off once he creates the new element and tells Pepper it was no big deal. Are you kidding me? Why use that in the first place if you were just going to just brush it off later in the movie? Forced conflict much?

Also, the creation of the new element pretty much comes out of nowhere and was never hinted at before. The only reason they came up with it was because the writers/producers backed themselves into a corner with the Poison Paladium plot device and needed a "deus ex machina" to get themselves out of it.

Thankfully, at least Joss Whedon made good use of the "New Element" by implementing it into the plot of The Avengers and gave Tony a way to create new, clean, sustainable energy.

I'm saying this because I'm a DC fan or whatnot. I just hate bad, lazy writing.

*deep breath*

Sorry, the many faults in Iron Man 2 just frustrate me to no end. I'll leave you to your discussion.

/rant

5-.-2-.-14

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #758
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I love this shot!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #759
Figs
Banned User

It was great seeing the new trailer on the big screen last night. Can't wait for May to come around.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #760
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
The only reason Tony was keeping her out and had her run the company was because he didn't want her to know that he was dying from the Paladium poisoning his system.
Actually that was only one reason he did that, and not even the main reason, I think. He did it for the same reason that he revamped the defunct Stark Expo: he wanted to leave something positive behind with the time he had left and with regards to his company and all his employees he wanted to see to it that they were taken care of by appointing Pepper whilst he had time to rather than something done on his deathbed since he knows he doesn't have long to live.

Quote:
It doesn't make sense, because she knew about his crusades with the Iron Man armor, and she didn't overreact then. She never before showed any signs of overreacting to his crazy antics (running a weapons manufacturing business, which could possibly put him in harms way or lead to his death),
It makes plenty of sense. His crusades with the Iron Man armor she DID have a problem with. She threatened to quit if he kept doing that stuff but he guilt-tripped her into staying. And since when did being a defense contractor = being put in harm's way or potentially lead to his death? I get the sense that getting kidnapped in IM1 was UNUSUAL for someone in his business so why would Pepper ever have an issue with that? She knew what business his company was in before she even got hired, I'm sure.

Quote:
so why would she all of the sudden starting b*tching and whining to him about his erratic behavior now? It was out of character! If Pepper had acted like that from the get go, she would have been fired on the spot by Tony at her job interview.
Why start now? Perhaps because he's put her behind the 8 ball with having to deal with a mess he created and take the heat for him without being told why all this is happening anyway. And you really can't compare her where she was in that film with her when she was newly hired. Clearly those two have developed a strong working relationship over many years and are not at the same place they would have been when she just got hired. Plus they both genuinely care about each other which is driving what they are doing, even if one or both of them might be in the wrong at times.

Quote:
Speaking of which, that subplot with the Paladium poisoning him and slowly killing him is probably one of the most useless subplots I've ever seen in a comic book movie. If he knew it would poison him, why did he put it into his system in the first place in the first movie? It just makes Tony look dumb for not thinking through the ramifications of putting an unknown, possibly poisonous, element into his system without thinking it through.
When faced with death much faster from those shards in his chest, I think ANYONE would choose the paladium. At least there you have the greater chance afforded by more time to figure out how to replace the paladium as opposed to dying in minutes from the shards.

Quote:
Not to mention, it's usefulness as a plot device is pretty much diminished once Tony's administered that "convenient" temporary antidote by Black Widow to cause the poison to subside, and is completely brushed off once he creates the new element and tells Pepper it was no big deal. Are you kidding me? Why use that in the first place if you were just going to just brush it off later in the movie? Forced conflict much?
Ties into Tony's arc pretty well I thought. His main arc of the film being changing his mind about opening up and trusting others to help him and not going it all alone.

Quote:
Also, the creation of the new element pretty much comes out of nowhere and was never hinted at before. The only reason they came up with it was because the writers/producers backed themselves into a corner with the Poison Paladium plot device and needed a "deus ex machina" to get themselves out of it.
Yes, it could have been better integrated. But then it kinda was retroactively in the Cap movie. Keep in mind that these movies are being released out of chronological sequence. Such is the strength of the integrated universe concept.

Quote:
Thankfully, at least Joss Whedon made good use of the "New Element" by implementing it into the plot of The Avengers and gave Tony a way to create new, clean, sustainable energy.
I don't recall them mentioning the new element at all in The Avengers.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #761
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Actually that was only one reason he did that, and not even the main reason, I think. He did it for the same reason that he revamped the defunct Stark Expo: he wanted to leave something positive behind with the time he had left and with regards to his company and all his employees he wanted to see to it that they were taken care of by appointing Pepper whilst he had time to rather than something done on his deathbed since he knows he doesn't have long to live.

It makes plenty of sense. His crusades with the Iron Man armor she DID have a problem with. She threatened to quit if he kept doing that stuff but he guilt-tripped her into staying. And since when did being a defense contractor = being put in harm's way or potentially lead to his death? I get the sense that getting kidnapped in IM1 was UNUSUAL for someone in his business so why would Pepper ever have an issue with that? She knew what business his company was in before she even got hired, I'm sure.

Why start now? Perhaps because he's put her behind the 8 ball with having to deal with a mess he created and take the heat for him without being told why all this is happening anyway. And you really can't compare her where she was in that film with her when she was newly hired. Clearly those two have developed a strong working relationship over many years and are not at the same place they would have been when she just got hired. Plus they both genuinely care about each other which is driving what they are doing, even if one or both of them might be in the wrong at times.

When faced with death much faster from those shards in his chest, I think ANYONE would choose the paladium. At least there you have the greater chance afforded by more time to figure out how to replace the paladium as opposed to dying in minutes from the shards.

Ties into Tony's arc pretty well I thought. His main arc of the film being changing his mind about opening up and trusting others to help him and not going it all alone.

Yes, it could have been better integrated. But then it kinda was retroactively in the Cap movie. Keep in mind that these movies are being released out of chronological sequence. Such is the strength of the integrated universe concept.

not the element directly but a new sustainable clean power source for Stark Tower and other planned buildings. Most likely the new power source discovered in IM2 is the one that is powering Stark tower

Old 03-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #762
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I love this shot!

exactly why i made it my avvy

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #763
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
It was great seeing the new trailer on the big screen last night. Can't wait for May to come around.
sadly i wont be watching Oz any time soon, but i am gonna flip out when Thor trailer plays with IM3

Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #764
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Fair enough.

However, main reason he even had the compulsion to bring back the Expo in the first place was because he was dying from the Paladium, which was a useless, convenient plot device to make us feel for Tony's plight.

Quote:
It's more the manner of how she did it in the second film. Yes, she threatened to leave, but she never complained or rambled to Tony like she did in the second film. In the first film, she was in much more extreme situations, like overloading the giant arc reactor, but she was still fairly composed and reacts about how you would expect a person to react under duress in a situation like that, and didn't overreact about it.

In Iron Man 2, Tony all of the sudden puts on an Expo and she goes berserk.

So, why didn't she act all cool and collected like that in the second film? It's inconsistent.

Quote:
And that's the thing. They have a "strong working relationship" with each other, meaning that she would have a great understanding of Tony and the kind of stuff he does (acting spontaneously, going out to parties, sleeping with woman, all the while brushing off all his responsibilities), meaning that the calm, cool and collected Pepper we see in Iron Man should have been in Iron Man 2. And yet she's nowhere to be found.

The circumstances are pretty much the same as they've always been, yet Pepper acts like almost a completely different than how she did in the first film.

The point is, is that if Tony had known from the beginning that Pepper acted like she did in Iron Man 2, overreacting to situations, she would have been turned away from a job right on the spot. You don't hire someone who complains about their job all of the time. I definitely wouldn't. And if that person was me, they probably wouldn't hire me either.

However, the first film never indicated that she was like that from the beginning, so why did the second film feel the need to make her like that?

It's just inconsistent and doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
But he didn't need the Paladium core in the first place. The first film never hinted at the Arc Reactor ever being harmful to Tony's well being or even his life. If that was the case, he would have never used it in the first place. Using something to power the reactor without having the foresight to see that it would be poisonous like that to power his reactor just makes him look dumb.

It was just a convenient plot device to let the audience feel sorry for him throughout the majority of the film until he created the new element, upon which the "Tony Stark dying" plot convenience could be completely thrown out like it didn't even matter to movie in the first place.

Quote:
It's not the opening up and trust issues I have a problem with. It's the convenience of the lithium dioxide being used to give Tony more time to create the new element. Which he didn't need. Because the Paladium plot convenience created forced drama which ultimately didn't even lead to anything.

Ultimately, the entire pretty film much isn't need, because by the end of the film, nothing is solved, and we're back at square one.

Quote:
It may have been integrated better in the later films, but I still think it was a plot element that wasn't even need and didn't need to be introduced at all.

Quote:
Well, maybe not the exact element, but I think it's safe to assume that the element he created in Iron Man 2 to replace the Paladium helped Tony think of a better solution for power, hence the clean energy in The Avengers he uses to power the newly christened Stark Tower.

Look, I know you really love this film, but I'm not saying all of this stuff because I want to tick you off, and because I'm a DC fan looking out to purposely aggravate Marvel fans. That couldn't be further from the truth. I just like good films.

And, imho, Iron Man 2 isn't a good film.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 03-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #765
mc7791
The boys have arrived

saw the trailer when I went to see Oz. Really killer on the big screen unfortunately had to see kind of close so it was a little hard to see everything as I wanted to. 3d does look not too bad so far. Hope its better converted than some of the other 3d conversions out there. why doesnt Marvel have the directors shoot in 3d from the get go.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #766
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
saw the trailer when I went to see Oz. Really killer on the big screen unfortunately had to see kind of close so it was a little hard to see everything as I wanted to. 3d does look not too bad so far. Hope its better converted than some of the other 3d conversions out there. why doesnt Marvel have the directors shoot in 3d from the get go.
Some find the 3D cameras too bulky to shoot long-term and 3D cameras limit what type of shots they can shoot. Whedon tried shooting with it on the Thor after-credits stuff, but it took too long to set up between shots and changing lenses was a labor and a half.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #767
henry_9305
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
But he didn't need the Paladium core in the first place. The first film never hinted at the Arc Reactor ever being harmful to Tony's well being or even his life. If that was the case, he would have never used it in the first place. Using something to power the reactor without having the foresight to see that it would be poisonous like that to power his reactor just makes him look dumb.
I think the whole "Poisonous Paladium core" story was originally in the first film's script but then they decided to cut it out at the last minute. You can see him already started to drink those chlorophyll juice while discussing with Jarvis about the color of Mark 3.

henry_9305 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #768
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_9305 View Post
I think the whole "Poisonous Paladium core" story was originally in the first film's script but then they decided to cut it out at the last minute. You can see him already started to drink those chlorophyll juice while discussing with Jarvis about the color of Mark 3.

I thought that was a protein drink. The chlorophyll is not as thick looking as what he is drinking there.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #769
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_9305 View Post

wow did not catch this after watching IM1 for billions of times

Old 03-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #770
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
I thought that was a protein drink. The chlorophyll is not as thick looking as what he is drinking there.
Yeah, that's definitely not the same thing as what he drank in Iron Man 2.

In the first film, as in the above pic, it's dark green and foamy on the top, like some sort of protein shake. In the Iron Man 2, it's a thick, solid black liquid.

They're definitely two different kinds of drinks.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 03-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #771
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

They do look different. However, the robot arm is making stuff in IM2 in the blender that is green and looks exactly the same as what Tony is drinking in IM1. Perhaps the black stuff in IM2 is a better, more refined version than what he had in IM1. But that's just a guess.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #772
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Bruce drank that green stuff in BBegins and Alfred was going to serve it to him in TDKRises

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #773
Travesty
TEOL

It's a green drink. It's just a bunch of vegetables put in a juicer. Heh....

Old 03-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #774
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Chlorophyll water/juice is so damn gross, idk if any of you have ever actually had it but I hate it lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #775
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Avvys for anyone to use and let me know if you need them in 75x75 or 50x50