The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #326
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
No. You're confused. IM3's first trailer & poster didn't debut 7 months ago - they debuted October 22nd, about 4.5 months ago; aka, under 7 months before the films release at the end of next month.

Thor will have a trailer out with IM3, which is... wait for it... under 7 months away from the films release. We'll get a poster at that time, too.

Rumour has it we might even have the trailer early April, which would of course push it's marketing window out longer than IM3's.
AGAIN. My point was not just about the trailer, that was my first line in the quote, you quoted. I came out and said Thor should have a trailer, and people started saying how crazy I was for expecting a trailer, when IM3 had a trailer, CGI pictures, I remember reading about stuff in magazines, concept art, everything you would expect of a huge block buster film. So comment was, and has been, if you compare the two movies, it is evident that IM3 is more important to marvel as far as advertisement and marketing is concern.

If Thor gets a trailer, that will be our fist look at anything about this movie. I'm sure their going to flood the market with Thor stuff up until the movie comes, especially after the release of Iron Man, but my whole point was that I think Thor really needs the hype up, more then Iron Man because everyone is already expected to see that. No one, other then fan, will be rushing to see Thor, but that can change if you hype of the movie.

Thor does have awesome moments on film, but he doesn't have rememberable moments, because his character in the films hasn't been that rememberable. Their is nothing to really fall in love with. He is a good looking guy, with a mean swing with his hammer. That sums him up thus far in movies. I'm hoping this movie makes us truly see why Thor is a hero, and why we should care.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #327
Caboose
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
AGAIN. My point was not just about the trailer, that was my first line in the quote, you quoted. I came out and said Thor should have a trailer, and people started saying how crazy I was for expecting a trailer, when IM3 had a trailer, CGI pictures, I remember reading about stuff in magazines, concept art, everything you would expect of a huge block buster film. So comment was, and has been, if you compare the two movies, it is evident that IM3 is more important to marvel as far as advertisement and marketing is concern.

If Thor gets a trailer, that will be our fist look at anything about this movie. I'm sure their going to flood the market with Thor stuff up until the movie comes, especially after the release of Iron Man, but my whole point was that I think Thor really needs the hype up, more then Iron Man because everyone is already expected to see that. No one, other then fan, will be rushing to see Thor, but that can change if you hype of the movie.

Thor does have awesome moments on film, but he doesn't have rememberable moments, because his character in the films hasn't been that rememberable. Their is nothing to really fall in love with. He is a good looking guy, with a mean swing with his hammer. That sums him up thus far in movies. I'm hoping this movie makes us truly see why Thor is a hero, and why we should care.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #328
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
haha too funny

Old 03-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #329
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

What makes youy think thor isn't getting hyped? Ironman didnt GET hyped until october. 6 months before the movie comes out. We get our first thor trailer april 2nd..7 months before the movie comes out. which is further away from the film release date the Ironman's first trailer was. Ironman is coming out in 2 months. From a marketing standpoint, putting out a Thor trailer now would be foolish. It would be overshadowed by Ironman, a movie that is already being hyped to the extreme, we get a thor trailer coming out next month, and then probably another with ironman, and we are set. The MCU, from a marketing standpoint, will be ALL about thor from basically may till november...6 months. That's a long time. Also, I know you want to see thor as the hero he should be, for the audience...but marketing isn't going to pull that off. The movie will. Thereror, I see ZERO reason why you are complaining about Marketing. ANY marketing won't resolve what you think the issue is.

there is a word for people like you. Hypochondriacs...there's nothing to wrry about, give it a rest dude lol

Old 03-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #330
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Epic.

Sums up how I feel about his posts.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #331
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

Seems like you haven't taken in anything that's been said on here. You're a one-trick pony in here with all your complaining about the marketing of Thor. Marvel will get to marketing it when it's closer to release date. The main reason you saw so much stuff with IM3 early is that they were basically filming in the general public while Thor, for the most part, was filmed on a closed studio and private properties. Plus, since IM3 was releasing first, you also saw more promo stuff since they had several big toy and merchandising expos they had to market the movie at initially. With Thor 2 out in November, there are still plenty of opportunities for it to be promoted. You just have to not get so impatient.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #332
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason

FUS ROH DAH!!

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592
Old 03-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #333
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

It will never stop...

Old 03-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #334
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
It will never stop...

no, never!

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 03-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #335
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
something tells me he hasn't seen the first thor movie....anyway

awesome gif

Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #336
xeno000
Raining hell from above

This Iron Man 3 theater standee was posted on the boxoffice.com forums. I'm reposting it here because of the blurb at the very bottom. My Spanish is extremely rusty, but it seems to be announcing a Thor: TDW sneak peek. Can we get a translation?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 AM   #337
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Google Translate tells us:
Quote:
Also enjoy an exclusive preview of Thor: The Dark World

Old 03-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #338
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

I guess that confirms a trailer of some sorts.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #339
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

yeah hopefully

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #340
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post

Yay! Thorgasm in sight!

Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #341
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Can't wait to see it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #342
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Awesome!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #343
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Darn, now I have to see IronMan 3 just to see the Thor trailer!

Old 03-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #344
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post

i hope the trailer gets released early...don't want to wait till US release of IM3

Old 03-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #345
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Thor does have awesome moments on film, but he doesn't have rememberable moments, because his character in the films hasn't been that rememberable.
First guy: Hey....do you remember that AWESOME time we had in Vegas?
Second guy: No .....awesome times aren't REMEMBERABLE.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #346
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
LOL. Perfect.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #347
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas while having your memory erased.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #348
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Don't you mean your "rememory?"

moran

Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #349
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!

Oops, sorry that this phrase was already posted. I'm being redundantive.

Last edited by LadyGeek; 03-11-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Repetition
Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #350
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
This Iron Man 3 theater standee was posted on the boxoffice.com forums. I'm reposting it here because of the blurb at the very bottom. My Spanish is extremely rusty, but it seems to be announcing a Thor: TDW sneak peek. Can we get a translation?

Like I said in the IM thread, I wonder if this marks an end to the tag scene at the end of Marvel movies and the beginning of the "Exclusive Look" era to show off what's coming. It fits with what Feige's been saying about references to Avengers 2 in the Phase 2 standalones. He indicated that the Avengers references would be scattered throughout and that we may not recognize them right away. Not sure a tag scene fits that description since it's a blatant connection to other films.