The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #276
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Default Re: The April O'Neil Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Oh, what I meant is that she was originally described as Asian in the comics notes, before then being modeled after Eastman's girlfriend who later became his wife.
Oh, okay I gotcha. But Julie ( whatever her last name is), the tall Penthouse/Playboy model chick was the one he married and based the design of the heroine in Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2 after, not April. I think it was said they were engaged for a short time, but then went there seperate ways.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #277
Frodo
Side-Kick

I wouldn't have mind a black April . I actually don't mind Fox either. The fact that Bay is even connected worries me more. Hopefully though he'll keep his ego in check and give us a fun solid film.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #278
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
April was originally black?
Well, yes and no . Arpil has always been white, but she was supposedly inspired by Kevin Eastman's girlfriend at the time who was African American and was also named April.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #279
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Because the original comic was b&w and April's ethnicity wasn't clear was it then the cartoon that just went and established her as Caucasian? After all the cartoon took many liberties from the comic.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #280
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

It's funny, but I think that Pizza Hut and a few other pizza places can thank a huge portion of their success on TMNT in the 80s

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #281
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
It's funny, but I think that Pizza Hut and a few other pizza places can thank a huge portion of their success on TMNT in the 80s
more so Pizza Hut i think

i remember the TMNT:Arcade Game has Pizza Hut placement ads. i even remember the NES game coming with a coupon for a free pizza at Pizza Hut.

good memories

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #282
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Remember coupons in video games? Ah, the 80s.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #283
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually, the early 90's. I remember when my mom bought me the VHS of the first movie back in 7th grade. It had a commercial for pizza hut on it, which I always thought was weird, because the pizza they ate in the first movie was Dominos, and they never did any other TMNT ads or anything like Pizza Hut and Burger King.

Last edited by ShredderX; 02-24-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #284
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Because the original comic was b&w and April's ethnicity wasn't clear was it then the cartoon that just went and established her as Caucasian? After all the cartoon took many liberties from the comic.
No she was caucasian in the B&W Comics., but I think Eastman and Lairds artwork made he look racially ambiguous at times. In Issue 2, she almost looks like Fred Wolf's cartoon April. But after she got the Jeri curl/Afro, she started to look more ethnic.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #285
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

I'm not the biggest Fox fan,but I'm strangely unbothered by the idea of her as April.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #286
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX View Post
Actually, the early 90's. I remember when my mom bought me the VHS of the first movie back in 7th grade. It had a commercial for pizza hut on it, which I always thought was weird, because the pizza they ate in the first movie was Dominos, and they never did any other TMNT ads or anything like Pizza Hut and Burger King.
Dude, I remember that commercial, heck I still remember the words lol. I use to watch the TMNT movie 2-3 times a day at least.

A lil boy was playing baseball in the commercial. Back then it was the thing to go to Pizza hut or McDonald's after a baseball game or any summer sport really. Anywho, the song was by Peter Paul and Mary, "Right Field"

"....then suddenly everyone's looking at me. my mind has been wandering; what could it be? they point to the sky and I look up above. and a baseball falls into my glove. here in right-field, it's important you know. You gotta know how to catch, you gotta know how to throw. That's why Im here in right-field just watchin the dandelions grow."

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Remember coupons in video games? Ah, the 80s.
Yes! The coupons that came in video games. How about the ads for nintendo or sega genesis or comic book orders that came in comic books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
more so Pizza Hut i think

i remember the TMNT:Arcade Game has Pizza Hut placement ads. i even remember the NES game coming with a coupon for a free pizza at Pizza Hut.

good memories
Yes, Pizza Hut was smart for teaming up with TMNT early on, but Pizza in general just blew up afterwards.

Last edited by Midnight Black; 02-25-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #287
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Well, yes and no . Arpil has always been white, but she was supposedly inspired by Kevin Eastman's girlfriend at the time who was African American and was also named April.
Wow, that's crazy. Had no idea.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #288
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dude, I remember that commercial, heck I still remember the words lol. I use to watch the TMNT movie 2-3 times a day at least.

A lil boy was playing baseball in the commercial. Back then it was the thing to go to Pizza hut or McDonald's after a baseball game or any summer sport really. Anywho, the song was by Peter Paul and Mary, "Right Field"

"....then suddenly everyone's looking at me. my mind has been wandering; what could it be? they point to the sky and I look up above. and a baseball falls into my glove. here in right-field, it's important you know. You gotta know how to catch, you gotta know how to throw. That's why Im here in right-field watchin the dandelions grow."

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I sing this every time I watch TMNT. It became a habit.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #289
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Fatal Nostalgia Trip!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #290
WarrenPeace2012
Side-Kick

I was over in the Spidey forums and I happend to check out the MJ thread, and it occured to me, that Shailene Woodley would make a pretty good April. I'm not really feeling her as MJ but April could definitely work.

I don't sleep. I wait for more movie masters.
Come check out my fan page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/J-West/182762401879176 All things geek!

Last edited by WarrenPeace2012; 02-26-2013 at 12:33 PM.
WarrenPeace2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #291
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
hey guess what, eye candy means **** all, the transformers had eye candy and they sucked.

but hey look

there you have eye candy, and she can bloody act

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 AM   #292
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:

"....then suddenly everyone's looking at me. my mind has been wandering; what could it be? they point to the sky and I look up above. and a baseball falls into my glove. here in right-field, it's important you know. You gotta know how to catch, you gotta know how to throw. That's why Im here in right-field just watchin the dandelions grow."

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Yes! The coupons that came in video games. How about the ads for nintendo or sega genesis or comic book orders that came in comic books?

Yes, Pizza Hut was smart for teaming up with TMNT early on, but Pizza in general just blew up afterwards.
*tearing up* the Good old days.*sniff* I watched the hell outta this video back in the day. Watching TMNT in syndication after school, and the new epsiodes on saturday mornings on CBS. Listening to the hip hop/techno , pop tracks from the TMNT and TMNT : Secret of the Ooze soundtrack in my walkman. Playing the arcade game on NES. Buying the Mirage comics from my local comic shop, and the Archie TMNT adventures from Rite Aid ( back when drug stores, gas stations, and groceries stores actually carried comics). Damn I wish I had a time machine.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #293
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
*tearing up* the Good old days.*sniff* I watched the hell outta this video back in the day. Watching TMNT in syndication after school, and the new epsiodes on saturday mornings on CBS. Listening to the hip hop/techno , pop tracks from the TMNT and TMNT : Secret of the Ooze soundtrack in my walkman. Playing the arcade game on NES. Buying the Mirage comics from my local comic shop, and the Archie TMNT adventures from Rite Aid ( back when drug stores, gas stations, and groceries stores actually carried comics). Damn I wish I had a time machine.
you and be both dude

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #294
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I miss my childhood.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #295
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Old 03-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #296
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Quote:
Listening to the hip hop/techno , pop tracks from the TMNT and TMNT : Secret of the Ooze soundtrack in my walkman.
Now we just do it on YouTube.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #297
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

edit nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #298
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^That's the way people feel about this film in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #299
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

If Megan fox isn't April, which hasn't been confirmed whether she is or not, I think my first choice for her is Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #300
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

In no particular order:

Jane Levy
Kelly Cuoco
Mary Elizabeth Winstead (though she has the new Die Hards under her belt and I'm not a fan of an actor getting multiple franchise sometimes lol)
Emmy Rossum
Demi Lovato
Victoria Justice
Selena Gomez
Martha MacIsaac
Emma Stone
Jessica Stroup
Jessica Lowndes
Gillian Zinser
Minka Kelly
Anna Kendrick
Brittany Snow
Alexis Knapp

Last edited by Midnight Black; 03-25-2013 at 10:23 PM.