The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 03-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #301
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Default Re: Olympian Oscar Pistorius "Blade Runner" kills girlfriend.

It's a joke. I don't find it offensive, maybe you do. Move on.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #302
regwec
Shakespearo

That's probably sound advice, but I'm courteous enough to maintain my interest at least long enough for the other fellow to bash the keyboard back at me, allowing him to proclaim his epic victory or whatever.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #303
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

How about we move on?

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #304
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

So....how about that Oscar Pistorius......is he going on trial soon?

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #305
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
How about we move on?
I thought we had.

Doctor Evo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #306
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
NPA: Pistorius files appeal against bail conditions

Lawyers for murder-accused Oscar Pistorius have filed an appeal against his bail conditions, the National Prosecuting Authority has said.

"The papers were served apparently on Friday to the clerk of the court," NPA spokesperson Medupe Simasiku said.

"We received a copy thereof during the weekend."
•See our full special report here

Simasiku said there was no court date yet but the state was preparing to oppose the application.

On Friday, it was reported that Pistorius was to challenge his bail conditions as unwarranted and unfair. His lawyers were seeking to have several of his bail conditions scrapped or altered, eNCA reported.

In papers before the high court in Pretoria, his lawyers argued that Pistorius should be able to travel, given that magistrate Desmond Nair found during his bail application that he was not a flight risk.

They reportedly argued he should be able to travel if given permission from his case investigating officer.

Pistorius's legal team also contended it should not be necessary for him to report to the Brooklyn police station in Pretoria.

Drug and alcohol testing
​They also sought an end to being supervised by a probation officer and submitting to compulsory drug and alcohol testing. "There is no desire by the appellant to use any prohibited substance or alcohol, but the condition imposed is not warranted or substantiated by facts," the application reportedly read.

Pistorius would also ask the court to allow him to return to his Pretoria home where he shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day.

His legal team said it was unfair to place a "blanket order" which did not allow him to talk to the residents within the security complex.

Pistorius stands accused of murdering Steenkamp in his Pretoria home on February 14.

In an affidavit submitted as part of his bail application, Pistorius said he thought he was shooting at an intruder behind a closed bathroom door.

He was granted R1-million bail on Friday, February 22. He was allowed to pay an initial instalment of R100 000, with the balance due by March 1.

Steenkamp was cremated in a private ceremony in Port Elizabeth on February 19.

Pistorius's next court appearance is on June 4
source:mg.co.za

Well it looks like he has moved on, seriously this guy is a sociopath .

Kaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #307
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I didn't think this story had any legs.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #308
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #309
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

So the guy basically want everything to be business as usual?...Bail conditions need not apply at all the way his lot are going on.

Should count himself lucky he got bail at all, considering he cannot (logically) avoid jail time. Even if the magistrate buys his 'mistaken identity' defence he will surely do time on a lesser charge (culpable homicide)?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #310
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Oscar Pistorius goes out partying

Johannesburg - Murder-accused paralympian Oscar Pistorius was seen enjoying a few drinks on a night out, the Sunday Times reported.

Pistorius was seen arriving at a party at Kitchen Bar restaurant in the Fourways Design Quarter in Johannesburg last Saturday, according to the report.

This was the first time Pistorius, who has been charged with murder after his girlfriend law graduate Reeva Steenkamp was shot dead in his Pretoria home on 14 February, was seen out in public.

Pistorius family spokesperson Anneliese Burgess told the Sunday Times that it was the first time the paralympian went out with friends but left the Kitchen Bar when "public interest became overwhelming".

"He has been out of the house with family, but this was the first time he went out to a restaurant with people other than close family," she was quoted as saying.

"For Oscar, it was a way of trying to reconnect with friends of his and Reeva's - and these were the people he went out with."

According to the report Pistorius left the restaurant and went to Buddha Ta, opposite Kitchen Bar, where he spent 30 minutes before leaving.

Pistorius was released on bail on 22 February under conditions which included a ban on international travel.

He successfully challenged the conditions in the High Court in Pretoria and several were relaxed, including bans on travel and alcohol consumption.

In the week, Pistorius and his family bemoaned the tone of social media comments on his relationship with Steenkamp.

"The disregard that is being shown by some - specifically those commenting via social media - for the profound pain that Reeva's family and friends are going through is very troubling," the family said in a statement.

"There is not a moment in the day that Oscar does not mourn for his girlfriend and Reeva's family, and all those who were close to her are in his thoughts constantly."

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...tying-20130414
This guy is such a Sociopath.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #311
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Yeah, it's pretty clear now.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #312
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
This old shoe is on its last leg.

*Ducks into bunker before hype phantom vanishes another post*

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #313
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
This guy is such a Sociopath.
Without commenting on his guilt or innocence, I don't agree that going to a bar and seeing friends for the first time since all this happened is a sign of a sociopath in the slightest. Drinking is something many people do to "get away" from difficult things. "Lets drink until we don't feel feelings anymore" and all that. It's likely his friends were the ones who instigated this; an attempt to get him out of the house and try and take his mind off of things.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #314
chaseter
Bland User

Well yeah when you take out the part that he murdered his girlfriend, going out drinking isn't a sign of a sociopath.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #315
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Well yeah when you take out the part that he murdered his girlfriend, going out drinking isn't a sign of a sociopath.
So how long do you wait to go out drinking after killing someone? 2 months? 6 months? A year?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #316
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

2 months if you're Oscar Pistorius.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #317
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Without commenting on his guilt or innocence, I don't agree that going to a bar and seeing friends for the first time since all this happened is a sign of a sociopath in the slightest. Drinking is something many people do to "get away" from difficult things. "Lets drink until we don't feel feelings anymore" and all that. It's likely his friends were the ones who instigated this; an attempt to get him out of the house and try and take his mind off of things.
He was given very strict bail conditions (no leaving the country, no competing in any events, no drinking,no going back to the crime scene, no talking with witnessess ect ect) but soon as his Lawyer gets the judge to relax the bail conditions he is already out partying, this guy has done nothing to show any remorse except crying on cue when the camera is on him in the court room. This is turning into another Annie Dewani case.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #318
Dr. Evil
Gamora

It'll be one of two major South African storylines to look out for this summer.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #319
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

That country is a tinderbox.

Though at least this has no political ramifications.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #320
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
He was given very strict bail conditions (no leaving the country, no competing in any events, no drinking,no going back to the crime scene, no talking with witnessess ect ect) but soon as his Lawyer gets the judge to relax the bail conditions he is already out partying, this guy has done nothing to show any remorse except crying on cue when the camera is on him in the court room. This is turning into another Annie Dewani case.
I can't speak on any of that other stuff, but there is nothing wrong with exercising freedoms given back to you after they've been taken away, especially if those recently regained freedoms where important to you and your sanity (when your social life consisted of visiting your friends at bars or restaurants, I would consider that important).

It's about trying to regain some sense of normalcy. We weren't there when things happened, we don't know if it was an accident or not. We can have our opinions on that, but in this particular aspect, calling someone a sociopath for seeing his friends in a familiar setting is a little extreme.

Quote:
Going to a bar isn't automatically "partying". If you think being at a bar means nothing but crazy fun shenanigans, and having the time if your life, then you are very misinformed.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #321
chaseter
Bland User

If you think I said 'partying' then you are very misinformed, or possibly illiterate. Although going out with buddies isn't the typical drown your sorrows in a bar sort of event.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #322
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
If you think I said 'partying' then you are very misinformed, or possibly illiterate. Although going out with buddies isn't the typical drown your sorrows in a bar sort of event.
It is after a bad breakup....a really bad breakup....

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #323
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

I agree with Spider-Who. I believe Pistorius is guilty of murder but his girlfriend died two months ago and I don't expect him to be a hermit until his trial.

Quote:
I just read about that Deani case. I can't imagine what would cause a man to murder his wife on their honeymoon. Why'd he marry her ion the first place if he hated her so much?

Old 04-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #324
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

been busy watching the trial today, its just awesome how the prosecution is poking holes in Oscars story, he sounds like a man on the verge of confessing, his story changes all the time.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #325
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

The worst part about this, is that the judge clearly sympathizes with Oscar for some reason.