The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #526
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Default Re: Downey's last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
You can replace Bruce Wayne's because it has been done before. Tony Stark will be just as replaceable if when someone else is chosen to be him. Some of us will just have to shed a bit of misplaced sentimentality.
Oh, I can't wait for the RDJ vs. the newcomer fan wars. It has happened with every superhero since the dawn of time. It will happen again.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #527
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I'm a Doctor Who fan, after you've gone through a few Doctors, everything else is a piece of cake.

Now THOSE are the most epic actor arguments of all time.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #528
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think RDJ gets killed off in Avengers 2 or 3. The excitement of IM solo movies lost a little luster after Avengers. We'll see if this movie changes that (not in terms of box office but in desire for more stories). I think Marvel should retire the character because clearly anything that follows in the near future this is going to get lambasted by the public.

You reboot Iron Man after all characters and back in house, or at least Spiderman and the Fantastic Four, which should be another 10-15 years tops. When I say reboot, don't start the MCU from scratch. Just use select stories involving characters and any point in their history and tell that story. That way you can cast a 20 year old Stark for the teeney bopper version one year, and a 50 year old Stark for a more adult oriented version, or veteran superhero cross over flick.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #529
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I think RDJ gets killed off in Avengers 2 or 3. The excitement of IM solo movies lost a little luster after Avengers. We'll see if this movie changes that (not in terms of box office but in desire for more stories). I think Marvel should retire the character because clearly anything that follows in the near future this is going to get lambasted by the public.

You reboot Iron Man after all characters and back in house, or at least Spiderman and the Fantastic Four, which should be another 10-15 years tops. When I say reboot, don't start the MCU from scratch. Just use select stories involving characters and any point in their history and tell that story. That way you can cast a 20 year old Stark for the teeney bopper version one year, and a 50 year old Stark for a more adult oriented version, or veteran superhero cross over flick.
not too sure how I feel about that.

I am more excited for this ironman than I was for any of the other ironman films

Old 03-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #530
ctsketch
Side-Kick

ditto!! I wasn't this pumped for 1 and 2!

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #531
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
not too sure how I feel about that.

I am more excited for this ironman than I was for any of the other ironman films
Not in terms of anticipation since it's following Avengers, but in terms of how much more they can scale things up since Avengers. Imagine had they not saved Mandarin up to this point? IM3 would've killed all the momentum otherwise.

Plus nobody is keen on seeing Colin Farrel in Phase III, so even if RDJ is out after A2, you are still looking at a major lull for Stark in the timeline. Say they stretch it to Phase IV, I could see a recast in Phase IV in A4 or a preceding IM4. Probably not getting that far though, since the roster will be completely overhauled. Thor and Cap will probably be toast by then as well.

Last edited by Mr.M; 03-11-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #532
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Other than the buildup for AngHulk(which IMO resulted in the greatest disaster in superhero movie history), I don't think any film (superhero or otherwise)will ever top the anticipation I had for IM1.

I'm about as eager for IM3 as I was for IM2 and The Avengers.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #533
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not in terms of anticipation since it's following Avengers, but in terms of how much more they can scale things up since Avengers. Imagine had they not saved Mandarin up to this point? IM3 would've killed all the momentum otherwise.

Plus nobody is keen on seeing Colin Farrel in Phase III, so even if RDJ is out after A2, you are still looking at a major lull for Stark in the timeline. Say they stretch it to Phase IV, I could see a recast in Phase IV in A4 or a preceding IM4. Probably not getting that far though, since the roster will be completely overhauled. Thor and Cap will probably be toast by then as well.
Where is this Colin Farrel ish coming from? Don't get all Loki'D on us...

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #534
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Other than the buildup for AngHulk(which IMO resulted in the greatest disaster in superhero movie history), I don't think any film (superhero or otherwise)will ever top the anticipation I had for IM1.

I'm about as eager for IM3 as I was for IM2 and The Avengers.
For me, the first X-Men movie, the first Spider-Man, and The Dark Knight were all pretty up there on the hype scale. I remember being literally on the edge of my seat in the theater before all three of those movies (as well as Avengers). The Iron Man movie was a total surprise for me, given that I had just been beaten up by X3, Superman Returns, and Spider-Man 3 the two years beforehand.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #535
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Cool Re: Downey's last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
For me, the first X-Men movie, the first Spider-Man, and The Dark Knight were all pretty up there on the hype scale. I remember being literally on the edge of my seat in the theater before all three of those movies (as well as Avengers). The Iron Man movie was a total surprise for me, given that I had just been beaten up by X3, Superman Returns, and Spider-Man 3 the two years beforehand.
I gotta say movies I was most hyped up for I remember to date were

Revenge of Sith
Terminator Salvation
The First Avenger

First movie I was balls to wall pumped for the Avengers , I acutally found this site from trying find more information about it lol first midnight showing I ever saw.

I'm pretty hyped for Dark World and really hyped for Winter Solider and Avengers , with all ironman news I've been really excited for Ironman 3 might be my second midnight showing lol

As per RDj after reading that interview I think what was said before was outta context , I think he wants to do Avengers 2 and I'm sure 3 ( being it was one highest grossing movies pretty logical) he seems more annoyed with the logistics (understandable) if end credit scene is true he might be on big screen again next year in GoG if that's confirmed then he's gotta wanna be around cause why he agree to do that if this was it for him I thought he gets a day in process to a degre

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #536
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think the end of IM3, if that scene is accurate, will be a setup for A2. GotG will take place before all the other PII movies. Think the RDJ cameos will get a bit tiresome if they keep shoe horning the character down our throat. Not like he had to show up in CA:TFA or Thor. They may want to get Stark a role in a PIII movie, since IM4 is probably off the table. Never say never, but I don't see it happening. Maybe in the next Hulk or Ant-Man movie.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #537
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTruck90 View Post
I gotta say movies I was most hyped up for I remember to date were

Revenge of Sith
Terminator Salvation
The First Avenger

First movie I was balls to wall pumped for the Avengers , I acutally found this site from trying find more information about it lol first midnight showing I ever saw.

I'm pretty hyped for Dark World and really hyped for Winter Solider and Avengers , with all ironman news I've been really excited for Ironman 3 might be my second midnight showing lol

As per RDj after reading that interview I think what was said before was outta context , I think he wants to do Avengers 2 and I'm sure 3 ( being it was one highest grossing movies pretty logical) he seems more annoyed with the logistics (understandable) if end credit scene is true he might be on big screen again next year in GoG if that's confirmed then he's gotta wanna be around cause why he agree to do that if this was it for him I thought he gets a day in process to a degre
= worst mistake of my life haha

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #538
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
exactly! hell, I didn't even see the midnight premiere for 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post

that's what I did lol it's fun though

Old 03-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #539
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
I acutally found this site from trying find more information about it
Quote:
Haha, I've been lurking since the Spidermanhype days. 13 years, so much time spent and wasted...

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #540
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:
why is everyone hating lol i dont think its a such a bad thing ? ...this is site alright gets u all the inside info lol....I havent lost THAT much of my freetime due to hype haha ( i think/hope)

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #541
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

This thread makes me one, sad panda.

Anyway, I say make Iron Man 4, Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 then RDJ can retire from the character.

After that do a complete reboot in 8 years. Marvel Studios can focus on other, non-Avenger projects within that 8 years.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #542
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
why is everyone hating lol i dont think its a such a bad thing ? ...this is site alright gets u all the inside info lol....I havent lost THAT much of my freetime due to hype haha ( i think/hope)
I just hate myself for being so curious and getting webbed into now constantly needing to know more and more spoilers haha. Love the site, and others like it though!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #543
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
This thread makes me one, sad panda.

Anyway, I say make Iron Man 4, Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 then RDJ can retire from the character.

After that do a complete reboot in 8 years. Marvel Studios can focus on other, non-Avenger projects within that 8 years.
Why reboot at all? Reboots are for when they screw up and need to hit the reset button. I don't see that happening(fingers crossed).

But just for fun hypothetical purposes if they DID reboot I'd expect them to keep the secret ID this time, and keep Jarvis as a real person as well as Tony meeting Rhodey for the first time on his return from captivity. Oh and give Happy a bigger role as well since he's kinda like Iron Man's Jimmy Olsen/Rick Jones/etc. Maybe bring in other love interests other than Pepper like Bethany Cabe. And make Stane a corporate rival rather than a traitor from within Stark's company type. And keep Hammer british and elderly.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #544
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Its moot, however, because since the beginning Marvel has said "no reboots." I don't see why they would suddenly change their mind; rebooting would have all the downsides of simply recasting Tony Stark, and more.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #545
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Why reboot at all? Reboots are for when they screw up and need to hit the reset button. I don't see that happening(fingers crossed).
After Avengers 3, and IM/Cap/Thor finish their trilogies, more Avengers or Phases without Evans, Hemsworth, and RDJ are going to lose most of their luster. You have to build up the anticipation again. Solo movies with new leads would especially be lack luster after an Avengers trilogy.

I don't agree that you have to reboot though. But outside of Thor, most of these characters get older. Captain America may age a little slower however, so it's easier to recast him.

Last edited by Mr.M; 03-15-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #546
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

With all the characters yet to come on screen it would be easy for Marvel to not put out an IM/Cap/Thor film for a few years until they introduce the new actors again.

In the comics each artist has a different take on how they look, and writers add differences in personality, yet they are still the same overall character we all know and love so why can't the films follow that.

Rebooting is lazy.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #547
Kal-E
Side-Kick

RDJ is going to be in 5 Iron Man films and 3 Avenger films.

Kal-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #548
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Quote:
Iron Man is the one character where it is easiest to introduce a successor. Captain America? That's a no go. Wouldn't be an iconic figure. Thor? He's a God. Hulk? Loses his uniqueness if each successor gets gamma radiated. Iron Man on the other hand? Anybody could get into the suit.

Not saying go with the baby angle, but Rhodes could pick up a movie for Stark, or they can introduce another guy not in the comics. An intern working at Stark Industries. Off ya go. That's how you James Bond the franchise.
Wow, goes to show how very little people know about Iron Man and Tony Stark.
Ugh, no, it goes to show how someone has a different opinion than you. I don't like the idea of Iron Man films without Tony Stark, I've never been a fan of sidekicks taking on those roles. But it's definitely an option for Iron Man, versus the other Avengers.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #549
Mr.?
Side-Kick

RDJ is great but I wouldn't care if they hired a new actor to be Iron Man. I would like them to go darker with Tony's alcoholism so maybe a new actor could make them do that.

Mr.? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #550
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope he signs a new contract. I'm not a fan of recasting especially when it comes to major characters.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote