The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Stand-Alone Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #126
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome
 
Spider-Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,522
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

With the cancellation of Clone Wars, Disney continues to distance themselves from all things prequels.

So, I guess Ewan should not wait by the phone for a call for an Obi-Wan spinoff.

__________________
... and get off my lawn!!!



The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #127
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,780
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
So, I guess Ewan should not wait by the phone for a call for an Obi-Wan spinoff.
Stop posting this, or i'm gonna hurt you!

__________________
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #128
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome
 
Spider-Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,522
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Stop posting this, or i'm gonna hurt you!
Believe me, Bim, I hope it's not true. As I said in the other thread, I REALLY would love to see Ewan in an Obi-Wan spin-off based on his time on Tatooine!

__________________
... and get off my lawn!!!



The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #129
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Disney is cancelling everything SW that isn't Disney. That includes OT Dark Horse comics. They're not waging an imaginary war on the PT. Jesus H. Caviezel.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #130
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,906
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Au contraire, Disney have sent a task force to massacre the inhabitants of the Prequel Temple.

__________________
Better Off ----> Out
regwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #131
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

That's because there's more PT stuff out there. But the OT stuff's getting purged, too.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #132
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,780
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Disney is cancelling everything SW that isn't Disney. That includes OT Dark Horse comics. They're not waging an imaginary war on the PT. Jesus H. Caviezel.
Wow, Dark Horse comics SW is finished too? My cousin will freak lol

__________________
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #133
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,654
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

I'd like to see a film about Qui-Gon Jinn, mayble a film about his training under Dooku.

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman
Young Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #134
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 201
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I'd like to see a film about Qui-Gon Jinn, mayble a film about his training under Dooku.
The only problem with that is it wouldn't be able to have Christopher Lee. He's way too old by the time that film would be made, he could possibly even be dead. I don't think you recast him. The only way the film would work is to set is so early that a younger version of Dooku would be required. With that said. That almost eliminates Liam Neeson from returning as well which i don't think is a good idea. If Qui-Gon Jinn is to get a movie it has to be solely focused on him, and Dooku has to be left out of the equation.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #135
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Definitely a Kotor movie but with a different ending. I love the idea of the character Revan and his relationship with Bastila and Carth. However I think they missed a big opportunity with the ending. I thought the Star Forge and it's conception was awesome, but I also thought the Republic wouldn't realistically forgive Revan for his crimes.

Revan was once Dark Lord of the Sith and a had since become powerful as a great Jedi master, he'd saved the galaxy, and there wasn't a lot left for him to do. A much better ending IMO would be for him, Carth, and Bastila to find some kind of coordinates on the Star Forge and end with the trio traveling through hyperspace on the Ebon Hawk into unknown space to discover the secrets of the makers beyond the galaxy. Meanwhile having the Republic arriving at the Jedi Enclave to arrest "Darth Revan" and the council giving some speech about how Revan is no longer Lord of the Sith but he no Jedi either, he is something else, something much more, and end with the Ebon Hawk finally blasting into hyperspace out of view. Imo MUCH MUCH more epic than the knock off Episode IV ending.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #136
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
The only problem with that is it wouldn't be able to have Christopher Lee. He's way too old by the time that film would be made, he could possibly even be dead. I don't think you recast him. The only way the film would work is to set is so early that a younger version of Dooku would be required. With that said. That almost eliminates Liam Neeson from returning as well which i don't think is a good idea. If Qui-Gon Jinn is to get a movie it has to be solely focused on him, and Dooku has to be left out of the equation.
You could easily recast Count Dooku. Christopher Lee is a film legend no doubt about it, but he played an elderly version of his character in the late stages of his life. If Dooku was 80 in AotC and Qui-Gon was 55 in TPM then the movie would take place about 40-45 years prior and Dooku would be in his Late 30s. Not to mention Count Dooku wasn't an iconic character, he was in the last 45 minutes of Clones and the first 15 of Sith. As long as they found a talented younger actor (preferably with some stage training) then it could be pulled off.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #137
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,654
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
You could easily recast Count Dooku. Christopher Lee is a film legend no doubt about it, but he played an elderly version of his character in the late stages of his life. If Dooku was 80 in AotC and Qui-Gon was 55 in TPM then the movie would take place about 40-45 years prior and Dooku would be in his Late 30s. Not to mention Count Dooku wasn't an iconic character, he was in the last 45 minutes of Clones and the first 15 of Sith. As long as they found a talented younger actor (preferably with some stage training) then it could be pulled off.


Agreed

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman
Young Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #138
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Monsoon Palace
Posts: 5,144
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Definitely a Kotor movie but with a different ending. I love the idea of the character Revan and his relationship with Bastila and Carth. However I think they missed a big opportunity with the ending. I thought the Star Forge and it's conception was awesome, but I also thought the Republic wouldn't realistically forgive Revan for his crimes.

Revan was once Dark Lord of the Sith and a had since become powerful as a great Jedi master, he'd saved the galaxy, and there wasn't a lot left for him to do. A much better ending IMO would be for him, Carth, and Bastila to find some kind of coordinates on the Star Forge and end with the trio traveling through hyperspace on the Ebon Hawk into unknown space to discover the secrets of the makers beyond the galaxy. Meanwhile having the Republic arriving at the Jedi Enclave to arrest "Darth Revan" and the council giving some speech about how Revan is no longer Lord of the Sith but he no Jedi either, he is something else, something much more, and end with the Ebon Hawk finally blasting into hyperspace out of view. Imo MUCH MUCH more epic than the knock off Episode IV ending.

I always liked that cut ending for a dark side female Revan and Carth...maybe switch it to Male Revan and Bastila...where they stay on the Star Forge together IIRC...that could be a really epic/tragic romance ending...

__________________
On 10/19/2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Hellion, just curious... How well do you think you'd do in a death-match here? Who do you think would vote for you?
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #139
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Monsoon Palace
Posts: 5,144
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubricklynch View Post
I think they also mentioned Quinlan Vos in Episode 3.

IIRC, I believe Obi mentioned Quinlan being on a mission to (insert whichever world/planet) to Anakin.

__________________
On 10/19/2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Hellion, just curious... How well do you think you'd do in a death-match here? Who do you think would vote for you?
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #140
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 201
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
You could easily recast Count Dooku. Christopher Lee is a film legend no doubt about it, but he played an elderly version of his character in the late stages of his life. If Dooku was 80 in AotC and Qui-Gon was 55 in TPM then the movie would take place about 40-45 years prior and Dooku would be in his Late 30s. Not to mention Count Dooku wasn't an iconic character, he was in the last 45 minutes of Clones and the first 15 of Sith. As long as they found a talented younger actor (preferably with some stage training) then it could be pulled off.
I'm not arguing that. My argument is when you move the movie that far ahead in time, you also have to recast Qui-Gon. And I'm not sure how great that would work.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #141
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 201
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Definitely a Kotor movie but with a different ending. I love the idea of the character Revan and his relationship with Bastila and Carth. However I think they missed a big opportunity with the ending. I thought the Star Forge and it's conception was awesome, but I also thought the Republic wouldn't realistically forgive Revan for his crimes.

Revan was once Dark Lord of the Sith and a had since become powerful as a great Jedi master, he'd saved the galaxy, and there wasn't a lot left for him to do. A much better ending IMO would be for him, Carth, and Bastila to find some kind of coordinates on the Star Forge and end with the trio traveling through hyperspace on the Ebon Hawk into unknown space to discover the secrets of the makers beyond the galaxy. Meanwhile having the Republic arriving at the Jedi Enclave to arrest "Darth Revan" and the council giving some speech about how Revan is no longer Lord of the Sith but he no Jedi either, he is something else, something much more, and end with the Ebon Hawk finally blasting into hyperspace out of view. Imo MUCH MUCH more epic than the knock off Episode IV ending.
KOTOR deserves its own trilogy. A single film isn't enough.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #142
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 22,906
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Who could play a young Christopher Lee?

__________________
Better Off ----> Out
regwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #143
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,780
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
IIRC, I believe Obi mentioned Quinlan being on a mission to (insert whichever world/planet) to Anakin.
Boz Pity (i'm such a nerd lol)

__________________
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #144
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,654
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

I wouldn't mind seeing a live action Star Wars KOTOR film. Seeing Bastila Shan on the big screen in live action would be awesome.

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman
Young Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #145
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
KOTOR deserves its own trilogy. A single film isn't enough.
It does but breaking the game into a trilogy would be a bad move. I mean the whole thing about the Star Maps was just an excuse to have different stages and worlds. I'd say condense the game into a three hour movie (Taris, Dantooine, Malaks ship, and merging korriban with the star forge world) and allowing new material to be written for the sequels.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #146
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
I'm not arguing that. My argument is when you move the movie that far ahead in time, you also have to recast Qui-Gon. And I'm not sure how great that would work.
They recast Professor X and Magneto pretty damn well, and they were played by Patrick Stewart and Ian McKlellen! I see what you're saying, but you have to remember theres a whole world full of actors not just the narrow bottle neck the mainstream chooses to focus on (on the the reasons I hate when people obsess over Christian Bale).

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #147
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Who could play a young Christopher Lee?
His younger clone. You know he's out there somewhere.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #148
Solouk
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 89
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

A film set between III & IV featuring Fett and Cad Bane. A gritty, blackly comic tale between the bounty hunters. Maybe with a twist where Bane ends up being an anti hero?

Solouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #149
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Monsoon Palace
Posts: 5,144
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Darth Maul please! Part Prequel/Part Sequel to what was portrayed in the CW cartoon. I want a proper conclusion to whatever they were planning on doing. Some more backstory about the Nightsisters/brothers, Savage, Sidous, and what happens after the duel with Sidous...it could be a epic/tragic look at one of the saga's villains.

and anything related to bringing CW characters into live-action (Ashoka, Cad Bane, Rex,) I would support.

__________________
On 10/19/2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Hellion, just curious... How well do you think you'd do in a death-match here? Who do you think would vote for you?
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #150
Joker's Lackey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 474
Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Who could play a young Christopher Lee?
Benedict Cumberbach

Joker's Lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.