The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
georgec
Not a hero

What are Cavill's best roles? I don't remember him from Stardust and haven't really seen anything else with him in it.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I've only seen him in Count of Monte Cristo and in Immortals. Neither are knock your socks off displays of acting, but neither are bad acting either... he gets the job done in both films and I enjoyed his acting in both roles.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

It's insane that we haven't got a proper scan of the article yet.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I've only seen him in Count of Monte Cristo and in Immortals. Neither are knock your socks off displays of acting, but neither are bad acting either... he gets the job done in both films and I enjoyed his acting in both roles.
I only watched like two or so episodes of The Tudors but he seemed fine in it. And I thought he was okay in that Fassbender as a zombie nazi movie, Blood Creek. I think that was the name. I don't think he has given a really good performance yet. And I'm not bashing, just telling it like it is.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

I honestly never heard of him until he was cast as Supes. Going though his filmography, I've only seen him in Immortals although I wanted to see Whatever Works for a while now. Which is a good thing, I didn't want some known actor to play Superman.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

As someone who watched every episode of the Tudors, it is hard to say Cavill is a strong actor. I have also seen quite a few of his film roles and even his Inspector Lynley episodes and unless you were looking, it wouldn't be hard to miss him.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

He was pretty good in Whatever Works, for the little role it was. The Tudors and Immortals is definitely the best of him though.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Now that you mention it,I saw Cavill in Count of Monte Cristo too.
He was competent in the role.
But,until now, I had forgotten it was him.
I am sure that he will be fine as Clark/Superman.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I love Immortals, I thought Cavill was great in it. Loved the speech "..and fight for IMMORTALITY!"

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Immortals is a lot of fun if you can get past the cheese.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Immortals is great fun because of the cheese...and half naked hot guys.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
ChickenScratch
Banned User

I cannot judge his performance from Immortals because of Tarsem's super-directing. "Too good, too good you, Tarsem." Spectacular Blu-ray movies.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #15
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I love cheese, so long as it is good cheese!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Immortals is great fun because of the cheese...and half naked hot guys.
As a straight male, that doesn't really appeal to me.

As to the cheese, nah I think it is a bit of a contradiction when you see the combat. It is like watching God of War through Michael Jackson's glasses.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

I thought Cavill was good in Immortals but that's only because Luke Evans outshine everyone. That guy was awesome in it.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Yeah, I can't wait to see Evans as Bard in the next Hobbit film

Old 03-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #19
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I honestly never heard of him until he was cast as Supes. Going though his filmography, I've only seen him in Immortals although I wanted to see Whatever Works for a while now. Which is a good thing, I didn't want some known actor to play Superman.
I remember a lot of people on here mention him before Routh was cast back in...05 or whatever, but i never understood it until i saw him in costume a year or so ago. Acting wise I'm not seeing much so I'm hoping Snyder brings out the best in him with this.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10
Old 03-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #20
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
As a straight male, that doesn't really appeal to me.

As to the cheese, nah I think it is a bit of a contradiction when you see the combat. It is like watching God of War through Michael Jackson's glasses.
Well there is always Freida Pinto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I thought Cavill was good in Immortals but that's only because Luke Evans outshine everyone. That guy was awesome in it.
Oh yeah Evans was awesome in the role. I loved hot Zeus.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
What are Cavill's best roles? I don't remember him from Stardust and haven't really seen anything else with him in it.
I think as the Duke of Suffolk in The Tudors, Stephen in I Capture The Castle and Melot in Tristan & Isolde he was good. Cavill was a solid lesd in Blood Creek and Immortals.

To be honest Cavill hasn't had alot of great roles or been in alot of great movies or televison shows so far. He seems to have average acting skills so far which is fine. Who knows what he could do if given a good script, the right role or good director.

Cavill didn't go to Drama school or started as a child actor so you can see is steady improvement as his got older.

Last edited by chamber-music; 03-12-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #22
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
I love cheese, so long as it is good cheese!
Exactly, it's all about context and execution!

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 03-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
Trinity
Side-Kick

New lo-res promo pics.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101459

Old 03-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #24
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

Old 03-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
Trinity
Side-Kick

^Thanks. I didn't know how to post the images here.

Closed Thread