The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #26
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

I doubt the actors playing the 70's X-Men team will be unknown. They may not be huge movie stars, but they'll probably be actors/actresses we've heard from before, especially if they are playing popular, well known characters.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #27
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

What makes you think they are playing popular,well known characters?

People are convently forgetting the singer comment of not Ignoring last Stand and Origins.That rules out Cyclops and Jean.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #28
georgec
Not a hero

I expect some new mutants for the '73 crews. We only haven't heard because they aren't big actors.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I doubt the actors playing the 70's X-Men team will be unknown. They may not be huge movie stars, but they'll probably be actors/actresses we've heard from before, especially if they are playing popular, well known characters.
the actor who played cyclops in Origins isn't well known

Old 03-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #30
Angamb
Banned User

They could cast some young upcoming stars like Jenn and Nicholas were back in 2010, so maybe we get one actor coming from an indie movie or a great tv show.

I like that type of stuff, when unknown actors end becoming stars after a few movies.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #31
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
What makes you think they are playing popular,well known characters?

People are convently forgetting the singer comment of not Ignoring last Stand and Origins.That rules out Cyclops and Jean.
Popular doesn't necessarily mean Cyclops and Jean Grey. Polaris, Sunfire, Havok, Banshee, etc. are all considered popular X-Men characters by some standard or another.

We have no idea WHAT Singer is going to do with this movie, how he's going to rectify continuity, and what characters are or aren't going to appear. So to say outright that characters such as young Cyclops or Jean won't be in it is kind of silly.

We don't know WHO is going to be the 70's X-Men team at this point. Nothing is clearly in or out of the question at this point, it's just assumptions and speculation.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #32
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

I would love if Jean or Cyke show up at the school after the timeline is reset to signify that time has splintered.

Whoever the future traveler is would immediately recognize that this isn't how things are supposed to have happened.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #33
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Popular doesn't necessarily mean Cyclops and Jean Grey. Polaris, Sunfire, Havok, Banshee, etc. are all considered popular X-Men characters by some standard or another.

We have no idea WHAT Singer is going to do with this movie, how he's going to rectify continuity, and what characters are or aren't going to appear. So to say outright that characters such as young Cyclops or Jean won't be in it is kind of silly.

We don't know WHO is going to be the 70's X-Men team at this point. Nothing is clearly in or out of the question at this point, it's just assumptions and speculation.
Havok and Banshee are longtime X-Men and yet they were dismissed as c list characters by some In first Class.Sunfire who was only an X_Man In one story as popular X-Man?Seriously.

Since Origins and Last Stand aren't being outright Ignored yes that does rule out Cyclops and jean.Changes to timeline would happen because of time travel not before It.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #34
Marvin
Side-Kick

For me Evans came off as a young guy playing at the man. With my experience with Steve Rogers, this just didn't work out.
I felt the studio cast pre-serum rogers fine but then they were stuck with that. You watch Earth's mightiest heroes or read the comic books or even events such as civil war and it just doesn't quite capture it for me.
I think Alex Ross has expressed similar feelings.

It was an ace casting given that studio's tactics and circumstances. For me, this was no more evident a problem than when Rogers faced off with Skull...and to a lesser degree Tony. I even thought Whedon would fix the issue, but alas.

Take a movie like Saving Private Ryan(ww2). Toss Chris Evans into it. Then look at all the characterizations of grounded mid century american soldiers and if you think Evans is the Steve Rogers of the comics, that's fine. Me not so much.

I have faith in Henry, and even more in Snyder. He has a way of nailing characterization vs source material.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
For me Evans came off as a young guy playing at the man. With my experience with Steve Rogers, this just didn't work out.
I felt the studio cast pre-serum rogers fine but then they were stuck with that. You watch Earth's mightiest heroes or read the comic books or even events such as civil war and it just doesn't quite capture it for me.

It was an ace casting given that studio's tactics and circumstances. For me, this was no more evident a problem than when Rogers faced off with Skull...and to a lesser degree Tony. I even thought Whedon would fix the issue, but alas.

Take a movie like Saving Private Ryan(ww2). Toss Chris Evans into it. Then look at all the characterizations of grounded mid century american soldiers and if you think Evans is the Steve Rogers of the comics, that's fine. Me not so much.

I have faith in Henry, and even more in Snyder. He has a way of nailing characterization vs source material.
What are you talking about? Why are you posting this stuff about Captain America and Superman in the DoFP thread?

Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #36
The Batman
The Dark Knight

If Singer is looking to add people to the FC roster, I think he should def keep Banshee and Havok, and add Polaris. I think Sunfire, Thunderbird, Dazzler and Psylocke would be good potential additions as well.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #37
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think you recast Banshee/Havoc if they can't grow convincing beards or the makeup looks too unrealistic. But I don't think they will be able to afford bigger actors at this point. So I'd bring back Lucas Till and the other kid, names not coming to me. Would have liked to see Ben Foster and Cudmore back as well, but I guess I am getting greedy. Have enough future characters and name actors.

I don't know what they end up doing at this point, but I'm going to assume we get a bunch of teeney boppers to round out the cast. I think the Brotherhood will add a couple of henchmen. I'd like to see Juggernaught brought back and developed this time. I know it seemed like the Brotherhood was introduced to him for the first time in Last Stand, but that can be retconned. I don't think we are getting any more big name casting.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #38
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Psylocke would be an amazing addition but I don't see it happening unfortunately. I think Polaris & Sunfire have the highest chance of being added with a chance for Dazzler too since this movie is taking place in the 70's.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #39
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Are you lost?

Old 03-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #40
georgec
Not a hero

I guess I should revise my previous comment that the original trilogy cast would be more like supporting roles rather than extended cameos. Or, a few of them will be supporting to primary, and the rest will be much smaller.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
Old 03-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #41
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Psylocke would be an amazing addition but I don't see it happening unfortunately. I think Polaris & Sunfire have the highest chance of being added with a chance for Dazzler too since this movie is taking place in the 70's.
Sunfire and Dazzler are def the best choice for a new FC addition imo.

Gotta keep Betsy away from the 70's. That will just screw things up more and theres zero reason to put her there, other then to give that team more credibility with fighting. Which is all she would be used for. Need to see her with Archangel and the modern crew eventually. Sucks Gambit and Emma are stuck in the past. Probably the only reason I don't like FC is it ruins the chance for characters to be put with others they belong with.

Last edited by def28; 03-12-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #42
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I want another X-Jet sequence. X2 and FC's were fantastic.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #43
LuisTX85
Z

Thumbs up Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
I would love if Jean or Cyke show up at the school after the timeline is reset to signify that time has splintered.

Whoever the future traveler is would immediately recognize that this isn't how things are supposed to have happened.
That would be an awesome way to end the movie or well the future scenes,..

Have the future time traveler at Xavier's school and all of a sudden you see James Marsden's Scott Summers/Cyclops walking down a set of stairs and calling the team to gather around as he's obviously the leader now and then Famke Janssen's Jean Grey walks up to him&holds his hand...

Or IF the traveler is old Magneto then Cyclops shows up leading an X-Men team ready to battle.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #44
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
But all the major characters from FC have been announced. Everyone who hasn't was either a small supporting or tiny thankless role. The FC will consist of the "new younger characters" Singer mentioned.
Exactly. Four returning major characters from FC does not equal four characters in the 1970s.

Also, it's possible that the OT characters announced so far would be the only characters we see in the future, period, if it takes place in some devastated post-apocalyptic world. Whereas I imagine there will be quite a few background characters in the 70s along the lines of Oliver Platt's character in FC, and also some mass scenes according to that casting notice from some months ago.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #45
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
What are you talking about? Why are you posting this stuff about Captain America and Superman in the DoFP thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Are you lost?
lol that was odd, I could have swore that was posted else where.
My bad(or maybe it was a coding error, but mostly likely my bad).

Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #46
def28
Side-Kick

Sounds like no Nightcrawler. Bummer.
http://x-menfilms.com/2013/03/11/did...f-future-past/
Quote:
“No, they haven’t [asked me to return]. Someone asked me that the other day and I said no. I know the one that’s coming up shoots this Spring, but I wouldn’t be available anyways. I dont think they have. I was gonna meet my manager for dinner later, I was gonna ask him, but no, I’m sure they would’ve told me, had they approached.”

Old 03-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #47
georgec
Not a hero

Nightcrawler seemed like a no-brainer to me, with Mystique and Azazel most likely hooking up. Then you could have them all meet in a timeline, potentially not knowing they are related.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #48
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

oh james must have got him confused with someone else

Old 03-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #49
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Nightcrawler seemed like a no-brainer to me, with Mystique and Azazel most likely hooking up. Then you could have them all meet in a timeline, potentially not knowing they are related.
Yeah, Nightcrawler is just a bad ass mother ****er. My favorite character of these films. Too bad.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #50
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Awww boo!

Closed Thread