The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #501
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Listening to the X2 soundtrack to help me with my writing... it helps me get in the mood.

I'm gonna save the rest of the episodes of season 3 of X-Men Evolution for tomorrow. So at least that'll give me something to do tomorrow. haha. Cause right now, I am bored like I have nothing better to do. *sighs* If only...

Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #502
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

So how do I explain how Jean comes back to life without repeating what was not explained well in X3??

This is from Jean's point of view that I've written:

“When it happened, did it hurt?” Jean swallowed hard as she turned to look at him.
“It happened so fast...as if I was slipping uncontrollably from the world itself. When the water surged around me, I couldn’t breathe due to the water filling up my lungs and for a while I felt lifeless but something happened then and I couldn’t make out what it was when I felt its power join with my own.” She turned away from him to glance up at what was above her and she sighed. “I guess I wasn’t ready to die just yet and next thing I realized what was happening, I reached the surface. Wherever the power came from, it was just too unstable for me to control that I fainted and fell back down into the water. I don’t remember much of what happened after that or why the lake had dried up, I...just don’t know.” Scott took her hand in a loving gesture and kissed it gently with his lips. “It’s okay Jean...you don’t have to explain everything,” he told her and moved a little closer towards her. Then he rested his head down next to her and breathing slowly, he let his eyes close as he drifted off into a deep sleep.

Now the question is, how does Xavier explain to the others about how Jean survived without saying what he said in X3 because I dunno what he gave was a good enough explanation.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #503
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

time travel with no cyclops and jean means no cable means nonsense to me.
who's going to be bishop anyways. they're inviting all these characters. i hope its not another cluttered story line

oy ve

Old 03-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #504
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
time travel with no cyclops and jean means no cable means nonsense to me.
who's going to be bishop anyways. they're inviting all these characters. i hope its not another cluttered story line

oy ve
Since when were Cyclops, Jean and Cable in Days of Future Past though?

You need to give it a bit more of a chance, so we can get more info and understand where the franchise is heading.

Seems more probable Cyclops and Jean will be back in some form, maybe at the end of the movie in a 'surprise' cameo/teaser.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #505
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

I love X-Men. Always will. I am having a lot of fun working on my X-Men sequel to X-Men II. Piecing the pieces together - thus bringing some elements from First Class into this one for continuity sakes. I hope you all get a chance to read it some day when I finish this baby. I think you'll like it.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #506
phoenix77

Th Wink Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

I really need to have Phoenix back for a real storyline (not Dark Phoenix), we need to see Famke using the Phoenix power. She is the strongest mutant ever.
I was a bit disappointed by her role at the end of X3 (even if i think the movie had a good rythm in term of action). No Phoenix force. Only some small visual effects behind Famke and the flammes. Nothing really impressive. I think they could do something bigger for her in the future if they bring her back to life which should be easy.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #507
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Trust me when I say this, Famke was also disappointed with the role too and with what she had to work with. So we're not alone with how we feel about the phoenix.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #508
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Maybe they tackle that story with the next actress in the role. Right now, I don't see it happening any time soon. Once we get an official sequel trilogy, X4-X6, I think you can tackle the Pheonix again, along with the other heavy weights like Apocalypse and everyone else. How would you guys tackle a future trilogy assuming the timeline from the OT has been altered and the core mutants remain alive?

X-4: Sentinels (not completely prevented in DoFP). X-Men vs Brotherhood.
X-5: Apocalypse. Four Horseman.
X-6: Pheonix. Apocalypse continued.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #509
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

DOFP is already X4. Its both X-Men 4 and First Class 2.

X5= Mr. Sinister, Marauders
X6= Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, 4 Horsemen

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #510
Angamb
Banned User

DOFP is a CROSSOVER.

X4 would be a movie just for the full original cast, and FC2 a movie just for the FC cast, but DOFP isnt any of the two, so...

Its just a crossover, or Event movie.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #511
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
DOFP is a CROSSOVER.

X4 would be a movie just for the full original cast, and FC2 a movie just for the FC cast, but DOFP isnt any of the two, so...

Its just a crossover, or Event movie.
I know its a cross-over movie, but this one looks like a straight-up sequel to X3/First Class. So for me, its both X4/FC2. And this isn't like The Avengers movie, where only 1 to 3 people from the cast of Iron Man 2, Hulk, Thor and Captain America returned. Almost half of X3's cast is coming back for this movie.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-13-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #512
summers1055
Side-Kick

Interesting article published today

We've heard a lot from Bryan Singer about his plans for X-Men: Days of Future Past while he's been doing the rounds promoting Jack the Giant Slayer, but Bleeding Cool managed to get more out of the director in regards to his feelings about Brett Ratner's X-Men: The Last Stand and what the upcoming "inbetweenquel" will do to fix some of the more controversial decisions that were made in that movie. Singer also tells a pretty interesting tale about how he ended up seeing the follow-up to his two X-Men instalments, while also reiterating his plans to fix a few things in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Hopefully that will include bringing back James Marsden as Cyclops...

X-Men 3 was a strange situation for me. I didn’t have anything to do with X-Men 3 or Wolverine except for the actor. I don’t think Brett [Ratner] knows this but I was so emotionally charged up about seeing X-Men 3 that someone who wasn’t supposed to took me into a building in the middle of the night and showed me it long before it was finished, on a computer, just so I could see it, understand what it is and not be freaked out when I went to the theatre to go see it.

[Eventually] I went to the Chinese theatre because I wanted to see it in a big theatre and they let me in, I had a baseball cap on, I hid in the back but suddenly, Brett Ratner shows up. He was like “Bryan!” and suddenly the audience [all see me] and Brett Ratner talking and I’m stood there sipping my soda out of a Superman cup.

There are parts of X-Men 3… it isn’t what I would have done, but parts of it, I liked. Ellen Page was something I liked in X-Men 3 and I’m bringing her to Days of Future Past. Certain things are different. There was a lot going on in it and I wasn’t so happy with so many people dying, but then there were some really sweet moments with that kid, the cure kid.

I said I’ll “fix a few things” [with Days of Future Past]. It won’t be its primary function but there will be some fixing. It’s a really cool story, and incidentally, it facilitates all of these characters. They weren’t just thrown in there. And they all play a fun role. I want there to be some humour and some fun. In Days of Future Past there are some genuinely things in it. I can’t wait, and I know they will be fun to shoot. I want to keep that humour [because] the thing about X-Men is that the themes are serious, but the film doesn’t need to be…

Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #513
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Yeah, but it was the author of the article who said that.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #514
summers1055
Side-Kick

This was posted just today on the imdb boards which has led to great discussion, anybody have the research skills to find these pics .....this could be GREAT and actually mean Cyclops is indeed coming back in a major way.

by SciencefromScratch
1 day ago (Sat Mar 16 2013 10:56:21)
Ignore this ser | Report use
The last few weeks, there's been a cluster of "concept work" for an X-men film with a post-apocalyptic vibe on both conceptart.org and zbrushcentral. Figured it was just fan work, but it's been pulled, relinked, and pulled again several times since first appearing, which is... strange. Anyways most important things I noticed that haven't been made evident yet were several design iterations for future cyclops, along with a couple 3d models of his visor. Again, it could be nothing, but the fact that it keeps getting taken down, when there is already a massive amount of both fan work and approved concept art posts, it's slightly more than nothing, which, in regards to Cyclops coming back, is more than enough to get me hopeful. Singer and Marsden are friends, and they both know Cyclops was killed because he jumped ship for Superman, so when Singer speaks of "fixing some things" I bet dollars to donuts that's top of the list.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #515
Angamb
Banned User

Thanks for posting summers

now the question would be: where is that concept art???????????

We need to see it!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #516
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I wonder how long this crazy speculation will go on for? Next year is a long time to wait!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #517
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Oh I know. Its gonna be a long one indeed.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #518
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

So...I finished my story and now I've moved to the next story where Jean finds herself alone after she returns to life and discovers that scott has moved on with another woman (Emma). So she travels the world...until she settles down somewhere in the northern part of canada somewhere in ontario (lol...though, location might change) and meets a guy who she befriends since she lives in an apartment with him. I know jean has been dead in the comics but I thought maybe it will be different if jean had left the x - men for now to find herself as she lives among the human population. Thing is, no one won't know that she's a mutant unless someone finds out that she is one if she should use her powers. She could she fit right in as long as she keeps her powers in check. As for the guy I want him to be a mutant as a twist to jean...not sure what his mutation would be besides having telepathic abilities...as much as I want him to shoot optic blasts from his eyes....its been done with scott...so I can't really make him another cyclops. Lol.any suggestions??

Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #519
MarvelU
Side-Kick

I don't expect them to return for the new X-Men movie in a full role, but I think we might see something that perhaps brings them back from the dead. In particular Cyclops since he doesn't have the many lives that Phoenix could potentially have. As for Phoenix, could they mention that the Jean from The Last Stand was a clone of Jean Grey and the real one is still in Alkali lake ? This way they could begin mentions of an alien entity that took over Jeans body and made a clone. I just want a proper Phoenix rising from the lake scene. If not then we have to wait for a completely new re-boot for this to happen.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #520
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I personally feel the "clone" angle is a cop out to undo what was already done. I know this universe has its sci fi material, but IDK if the general audience would buy it and let's face they make up the bulk of the gross than us comic book guys.

I know Singer promised to "fix somethings" but it's hard to fix death, its a part of life.

I think the logical step would be to just intro. them in the 3rd FC era film, that way we can see the start of there relationship w/o Logan and get better charatcer development cause the OT didn't do much for them.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #521
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

If the future line in DOFP takes place sometime after X3 and not in a parallel universe, then bringing back Jean would be a huge deal, bringing back Scott would be a huge deal too, bringing back BOTH at the same time could make a movie on its own. That's why I have the feeling we might not see them at all in DOFP, of if we do, it would be some sort of a cameo.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #522
Angamb
Banned User

its better to keep them as the big surprise of the end of the movie, to tease the next sequel.

This way, the hype around next movie would increase pretty quickly. So would be a very smart move

Old 03-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #523
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
I know Singer promised to "fix somethings" but it's hard to fix death, its a part of life.
It's not hard to fix things when you're dealing with a movie that the very crux of is rewriting history.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #524
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I want a proper Phoenix and a proper Cyclops, and am content to wait until the next film while DoFP concludes the Xavier/Magneto dynamic and says a fond farewell to McKellen, Stewart and whoever else.

I had a dream about DoFP the other night. It was like watching the end of the movie but without a screen being there between me and the film. Weird. In my dream, McKellen's Magneto died doing some heroic act (probably against the Sentinels) then found himself on the astral plane with Xavier.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #525
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Wow...that's cool. I had a dream too...where...uh a suited Jean Grey (Famke) was kneeling down in front of me and she hugged me (cause I was sitting down)...and I was like...why's this hot woman hugging me. lol. Actually she was just making sure that I was okay. aww...she's such a nice caring mutant who's selfless...*sighs* you know, I wish we saw more of that in the X-movies...I miss the good version of Jean Grey. Always willing to help others and I thought Famke did a good job on her part, showing the greatness and goodness that Jean is. I'll miss her. *cries*

Closed Thread