The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #26
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't think the suit looks good at all in that picture.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #27
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Where are Super Mommy and Daddy?

Old 03-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #28
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Used Google Translate for that cinepop site:

Quote:
'Superman - Man of Steel' was released new promotional gear, you can check in Cinepop.

The images bring Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Henry Cavill as Clark Kent / Superman, Kevin Costner in the role of Jonathan Kent and Diane Lane as Martha Kent.

With the launch scheduled for June, Warner Bros. recently screened the film at test sessions, for a select audience could examine him.

The reactions were highly positive. The JoBlo spoke with some people who watched the movie. Check out some reactions:

- "Imagine a story with Nolan Snyder effects"
- "It's the best movie of the year"
- "There's tons of action with breaking several Superman characters with his uniform"
- "The cover created in CGI is impressive extramamente"
- "They have intentionally left out most of the action in the trailers, to save the film"
- "It is not so dour and serious as the trailers suggest"
- "The film is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently in progress"

The action will be released in theaters in 2D formats, 3D and IMAX, converted to 3D in post-production.

'Man of Steel' was released worldwide on June 14, but now only debut in Brazil on July 12.

Recently, Christopher Nolan said reboot 'Superman' most difficult task was 'Batman'.

In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent / Kal-El (Henry Cavill) is a young journalist who feels different to have powers beyond the imagination of any human being. For years sent from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, the Earth, Clark suffers the ultimate question: "Why am I here?"

Shaped by the values ​​of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it is attacked. And now, your skills will be used to maintain peace or go for an all or nothing? Clark must become the hero known as "Superman," not only to shine as the last hope of humanity but to protect those he loves.

While the protagonist Henry Cavill is a little known name in Hollywood, the supporting cast is first: Kevin Costner ('Secret Instinct') live Jonathan Kent, the adoptive father of Clark Kent. Diane Lane will live the adoptive mother, Martha. Amy Adams ("Winner") will be Lois Lane and Michael Shannon ('It Just a Dream') will be General Zod. Crowe ("Gladiator") has been hired to live Jor-El, Superman's biological father. The German actress Antje Traue is Faora, Kryptonian villain General Zod's partner. Laurence Fishburne ("Matrix") will live the chief editor of the Daily Planet, Perry White.

Directed by Zack Snyder ('300 '). The screenplay is written by David S. is Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Chris Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips produce.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #29
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I don't think the suit looks good at all in that picture.
Because it makes his midsection look oldly big or even fat at some angles. It is like he has no waist.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #30
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I just saw " The Cold Light of Day"
Cavill wasnt too bad. The movie sucked though. lol

Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #31
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

I didn't even recognize Amy Adams in the top pic. For some reason it doesn't really look like her.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 03-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #32
GreenKToo
In the fire

Wow...that must be some suit...it said it breaks several superman characters with his uniform lol

Old 03-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #33
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Cavill and Adams really look great together, now just hope the dynamic is there within the acting too.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 03-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #34
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Cavill has looked stiff as a board in ever picture I've seen of him since he was cast as Supes. Someone needs to give him a relaxing massage...preferably me.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
What are Cavill's best roles? I don't remember him from Stardust and haven't really seen anything else with him in it.
He played the guy that was competing with the man character for Sienna Miller. He had blonde hair and a mustache.

It was a campy roll but he did well.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #36
robmx522
Banned User

If you have netflix look for "Blood Creek" henry is in it and does a good job ...its funny because i think the flick is suppose to be in west virginia and basically the whole cast has a foreign accent

Old 03-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #37
georgec
Not a hero

I think this is now my most anticipated summer film over STID.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #38
JDklip
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I think as the Duke of Suffolk in The Tudors, Stephen in I Capture The Castle and Melot in Tristan & Isolde he was good. Cavill was a solid lesd in Blood Creek and Immortals.

To be honest Cavill hasn't had alot of great roles or been in alot of great movies or televison shows so far. He seems to have average acting skills so far which is fine. Who knows what he could do if given a good script, the right role or good director.

Cavill didn't go to Drama school or started as a child actor so you can see is steady improvement as his got older.
Regarding Cavill's acting and speaking as an actor, all actors have roles that fall more within their range that they can naturally portray more authentically than others. That doesn't mean there aren't versatile actors who can pull off a variety of roles. I think of stars like Will Ferell - who plays the confident blowhard really well, or Steve Carell who excels at well-intentioned idiots. Johnny Depp, who I feel is extremely versatile, plays quirky, eccentric characters consistently well.

I'm not comparing Cavill to these guys, I just think there seems to be an inherent sense of decency and charisma that comes across in Cavill's interviews that I think will work very well for Superman.

I thought it was the same for Welling on Smallville - I never thought he was the strongest actor, but he had this natural dignity and decency that made his Clark Kent work well.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #39
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

our boy looks good on the tube

Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #40
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
What are Cavill's best roles? I don't remember him from Stardust and haven't really seen anything else with him in it.
He really impressed me in what was oddly enough one of his first jobs, an episode of the Inspector Lynley Mysteries. It used to be up on Youtube, but they've pulled it down since. It's a pretty seamless performance, really, really good. Maybe the director was skilled with actors.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #41
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Classy. You'd think this was an add for a procedural law drama or something.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #42
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Henry Cavill simply hasn't had a role to truly shine in and prove himself.
I'm hoping MOS is the film that Cavill can prove himself in. Because if this doesn't work, Cavill can kiss any chances of a big career goodbye.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #43
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Supergirl should have a tight suit and Superman should wear a skirt. Problem solved!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #44
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

It's funny how we got nothing and (even though these are just promo pics) we've gotten a fair few images over the last few days. I think we'll get the posters fairly soon too.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #45
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I'm hoping MOS is the film that Cavill can prove himself in. Because if this doesn't work, Cavill can kiss any chances of a big career goodbye.
I've only seen him in Whatever Works and The Count of Monte Cristo, so I hope he does good in this movie, too.

So far, everything looks good, but at the same time, we haven't seen much of anything. I'm hopeful for this movie, but we'll see.

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake
Old 03-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #46
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I think Cavill's big career begins and ends with Superman. He'll probably play him for the next 10 years or so and afterwards go back to TV roles. Maybe small roles in romantic films (he was good in that Woody Allen flick) or films which require the actor to have a beard and act tough. Which is preferable to him making bad action ´´movies`` such as TCLOD.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #47
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think we'll get the posters fairly soon too.
Im guessing in about two weeks. It would kind of be overload to have all this at once. Gotta space it out. I say at the end of March start rolling out those posters and then the trailer in mid-April. Although Im still hoping my prediction comes true. Trailer online on April 5th!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #48
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I think Cavill's big career begins and ends with Superman. He'll probably play him for the next 10 years or so and afterwards go back to TV roles. Maybe small roles in romantic films (he was good in that Woody Allen flick) or films which require the actor to have a beard and act tough. Which is preferable to him making bad action ´´movies`` such as TCLOD.
Idk, i can see Cavill staring in a few action flicks in the future if MOS works out.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #49
souperman
Side-Dish

...he'd prob. be good as an anorexic mechanic or a magician or maybe a newsie.

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
Old 03-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #50
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
...he'd prob. be good as an anorexic mechanic or a magician or maybe a newsie.
Or Swing dancing Hitler youth or Glam Rock loving journalist