The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #76
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I relate to Snyder because he's basically just a fanboy except he gets paid lots of money. Having said that he's not the best person to promote films with. He gets visibly nervous at times,
I've personally only seen this happen with Superman. With his previous films he's pretty much a rock star.

That being said, everyone involved with this project has been notoriously tight lipped and on repeat mode. I can't blame Snyder for keeping nolans PR ninjas happy.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #77
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Showtime and Jamie have been saying for months that MOS is basically STM and SII combined...

Old 03-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #78
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Showtime and Jamie have been saying for months that MOS is basically STM and SII combined...
I thought Jamie was saying this was Flyby redux.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #79
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yes, but certain people like to deny this. As if it is some sort of stain to be associated with Donner's idea.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #80
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Interesting that it says 3 criminals
Zod, Faora, Tor-An

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #81
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Yes, but certain people like to deny this. As if it is some sort of stain to be associated with Donner's idea.
The Superman boards have been like that since SR. It got tired a long time ago.

One of the reasons I want MOS to come out is so people can stop constantly whining about Donner or SR. Then again, MOS will just lead to a bunch of "Which is better?" threads, so its basically a no win situation.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #82
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Did Donner really invent the story? I would be surprised if it wasn't in the comics first.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #83
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I thought Jamie was saying this was Flyby redux.
Its not like he couldnt be saying both...there's enough evidence that MOS culls from...basically a lot of previous Superman projects, whether they were released or stuck in development hell.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #84
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I agree. It is just funny how so many at first wanted to distant this so far from the Donner films, when it seems pretty clear now that on its surface at least it is a remake of the Donner story, minus Lex.
I would rather get some new villains but I'm getting a new Superman film universe, so I can't complain. The origin hasn't been done on film since 1978 and a reboot is long overdue.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #85
fake
Side-Kick

New "Man of Steel" teaser has been rated.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/man-steel

MAN OF STEEL

TYPE Trailer

APPROVED RUNNING TIME 1m 23s

DIRECTORS Zack Snyder

CUT This work was passed uncut.

Classified date(s) 11/03/2013

Seems to be a teaser for a trailer. Probably similar to the Star Trek Into Darkness teaser

Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #86
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Did Donner really invent the story? I would be surprised if it wasn't in the comics first.
It isn't simply about who created the story. It is more about how many react to this being in anyway similar to Donner's film/s. MoS was being touted as something completely brand new, that wouldn't touch the same material.

I still remember the reaction to the story being an origin and then the rumor that Zod would be the villain. Put me of discussing this film for a long time.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #87
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post

MAN OF STEEL

TYPE Trailer

DIRECTORS Zack Snyder

Seems to be a teaser for a trailer. Probably similar to the Star Trek Into Darkness teaser

Edit: Too bad it's U rated, LOL!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #88
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Hopefully we get a teaser and then a final full length 2min+ trailer

Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #89
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:

MAN OF STEEL

TYPE Trailer

DIRECTORS Zack Snyder

International action trailer perhaps? But don't go playing with my heart.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #90
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

Edit: Too bad it's U rated, LOL!
U rated isn't too bad. The recent "Star Trek Into Darkness" teaser was U rated. And it still showed a lot of the effects shots.

Star Trek: Into Darkness (trailer #2) G 02/26/2013 1:10 Paramount Pictures

Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #91
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
U rated isn't too bad. The recent "Star Trek Into Darkness" teaser was U rated. And it still showed a lot of the effects shots.
Yeah made for kids equals lots of action and fun. I still remember the Prequel Star Wars kid tv spots. Had some great action in them.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #92
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Awesome find

Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #93
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:

MAN OF STEEL

TYPE Trailer

DIRECTORS Zack Snyder

Also, how soon before the last trailer went live did its rating go up on the bbfc website? No reason for it to be an indicator when this trailer might drop, but hey could be a ballpark estimate right?

Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #94
fake
Side-Kick

May not be a true trailer. The comment on the site says

"The version of this work detailed above is rated by the BBFC under the Video Recordings Act 1984 for use on any Packaged Media format (including DVD, Blu-ray and VHS). This classification may also be used when the same work is made available on Digital Video Platforms (including Video On Demand) provided that the platform is licenced to use BBFC ratings."

Might just be a teaser to be included on VoD services or something. Or it may be included with "Superman: Unbound"

I don't know much about the BBFC ratings, stumbled upon this while looking through their ratings guide for some info.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #95
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:

MAN OF STEEL

TYPE Trailer

DIRECTORS Zack Snyder

Maybe attached to The Incredible Burt Wonderstone?

Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #96
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
How long until it is released?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #97
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:

"The version of this work detailed above is rated by the BBFC under the Video Recordings Act 1984 for use on any Packaged Media format (including DVD, Blu-ray and VHS). This classification may also be used when the same work is made available on Digital Video Platforms (including Video On Demand) provided that the platform is licenced to use BBFC ratings."

Might just be a teaser to be included on VoD services or something. Or it may be included with "Superman: Unbound"

I don't know much about the BBFC ratings, stumbled upon this while looking through their ratings guide for some info.
Who cares? It's a *****ing trailer!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #98
Mr. Thing
HAHAHAHA no.

Hopefully it's an international trailer. I didn't actually see the last one in cinemas at all over here.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #99
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:

Yes, seems like it's not a theatrical trailer. Probably just the old teaser attached to some DVD or blu-ray or whatever. I call false alarm!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #100
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It is what it is, it's always been that. Glad somebody was paying attention.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9&postcount=17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Bigger question is will this be a retread of Superman and Superman II, actually.

And if you can't see how someone could see The Man of Steel as a retread, you're letting your fanboyism towards this movie clout your judgement. It's all there.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=381

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I am really excited for this upcoming film, and I can't wait for the teaser...but...I'm not going to just pretend that we're getting something new and fresh. At this point I The Donner Movies have their place and Superman Returns has it's place, I have no allegiance to what came before. I'm excited for something new, but when they're digging up the Abrams script and taking us through a modernized version of Superman 1 and 2. I can't just not mention it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
My only problem is that it is redeeming it by on the surface, taking Superman 1 & 2 and modernizing it for today's audiences.

Closed Thread