The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #101
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,376
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
It's mad to me that we're 3 months away and we still don't really officially know who all the villains are in this...
Star Trek doesn't officially know the one (at least that is advertised) villain and that comes out a month earlier.

Snow Queen is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #102
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite
 
G.Godfrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,101
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The distributor of this trailer is Warner Home Video Ltd. For the full trailer back in December, it was Warner Brothers Entertainment UK Ltd

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #103
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,885
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It is more about how many react to this being in anyway similar to Donner's film/s. MoS was being touted as something completely brand new, that wouldn't touch the same material.
It would be impossible to not use the same materials at all because both Donner and Snyder are taking from the comics.

What Snyder and others said was that it's a new beginning that didn't reference or continue past tellings. The approach is new and the storyline is a new continuity. It's still Superman so of course some of the material is the same. They never said it would be completely different/brand new. In fact, they said it would still be recognizable as Superman and have the same core essence that he always had.

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #104
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Dark_Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 5,390
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
May not be a true trailer. The comment on the site says

"The version of this work detailed above is rated by the BBFC under the Video Recordings Act 1984 for use on any Packaged Media format (including DVD, Blu-ray and VHS). This classification may also be used when the same work is made available on Digital Video Platforms (including Video On Demand) provided that the platform is licenced to use BBFC ratings."

Might just be a teaser to be included on VoD services or something. Or it may be included with "Superman: Unbound"

I don't know much about the BBFC ratings, stumbled upon this while looking through their ratings guide for some info.
That's what it probably is. A teaser, or maybe THE teaser that will be included with a Blu-Ray/DVD. Probably with Superman: Unbound like you mentioned. Don't expect any action with the U rating (same with the first
teaser). It even says "Distributor: Warner Home Video Ltd".

Dark_Lord is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #105
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
It would be impossible to not use the same materials at all because both Donner and Snyder are taking from the comics.

What Snyder and others said was that it's a new beginning that didn't reference or continue past tellings. The approach is new and the storyline is a new continuity. It's still Superman so of course some of the material is the same.
That it is a origin and has Zod is very specific to the first two films. How are we acting like this isn't the case?

Also more talking fan reaction.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #106
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,885
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
That it is a origin and has Zod is very specific to the first two films. How are we acting like this isn't the case?
Nolan used Alfred in Batman origins does that mean he's copying Burton?

Have you seen the movie? We don't know how different things will play out yet or how different Zod is this time around.

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #107
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Haddonfield
Posts: 41,425
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
That it is a origin and has Zod is very specific to the first two films. How are we acting like this isn't the case?

Also more talking fan reaction.
I think because some are considering it a negative against the film, if one were to get on board with the fact there are very obvious similarities.

It wasn't a must that the origin story feature, three Kryptonian villians invading a small town that Superman has to stop. Sure it's not EXACT, but to act like it isn't there at all is incorrect.

__________________

Showtime is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #108
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Nolan used Alfred in Batman origins does that mean he's copying Burton?

Have you seen the movie? We don't know how different things will play out yet or how different Zod is this time around.
And this is the exact stuff I am talking about. Being difficult to be difficult.

First, Batman '89 wasn't a proper origin. Second, bringing up Alfred is ridiculous. He isn't a villain and is obviously a staple of any Batman film. Zod is very specific. Very specific. Third, fine Batman Begins has some similarities to '89. I haven no problem in admitting that. I don't see it as a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I think because some are considering it a negative against the film, if one were to get on board with the fact there are very obvious similarities.

It wasn't a must that the origin story feature, three Kryptonian villians invading a small town that Superman has to stop. Sure it's not EXACT, but to act like it isn't there at all is incorrect.
You are better at this then me.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #109
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,144
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I dunno, fanboii, that's a very strange comparison.

__________________

Travesty is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #110
gomez147
You're not just anyone
 
gomez147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I found this:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/dark-...ng-city-street

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/hobbi...cted-journey-2

These are DVD extra contents and both are distributed by Warner Home Video Ltd

gomez147 is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #111
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,885
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I dunno, fanboii, that's a very strange comparison.
Not if you look at Zod as part of the origin.

If you're going to start the story in Krypton, then Zod is there.

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #112
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't see the big deal with Zod and co. being in the film. Ledger's Joker wasn't the first on-screen Joker and certainly won't be the last.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #113
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't see the big deal with Zod and co. being in the film. Ledger's Joker wasn't the first on-screen Joker and certainly won't be the last.
It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment do to wanting to dissociate with anything that came before this film. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 03-12-2013 at 07:25 PM.
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #114
moviefreak
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 294
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Did Donner really invent the story? I would be surprised if it wasn't in the comics first.
The template for the story was obviously from the DC comics. However it's all Donner who crafted and created Superman The Movie. It was his touch that made the movie what it was and him by serendipity got Christopher Reeve who gave the titular character such a larger than life screen presence. Just think about what the original man that the Salkind had in mind for this, Guy Hamilton would have done. Hamilton was known mostly for making James Bond films, his last being "The Man with the Golden Gun" couple of years before filming began on Superman. Fortunately, the British taxman kept him away from filming in the UK. So Donner came on board, along with writers Tom Mankiewicz, David & Leslie Newman, they discarded Mario Puzo's 500 pages script and retooled it. By most account, Puzo's script was horrible. lol.

moviefreak is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #115
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.
Yeah, well it kinda is S:TM and SII combined. How many similarities exist between the two remains to be seen but the basic components are there, no doubt about it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #116
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,557
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I think because some are considering it a negative against the film, if one were to get on board with the fact there are very obvious similarities.

It wasn't a must that the origin story feature, three Kryptonian villians invading a small town that Superman has to stop. Sure it's not EXACT, but to act like it isn't there at all is incorrect.
I would agree with this. Although you can use similar story elements without being a nostalgia piece. I mean Superman Returns was clearly trying remind people of the Donner films. Even going as far as reusing lines.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #117
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,679
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So....new trailer/teaser when?

herolee10 is online now  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #118
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 67,859
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
New "Man of Steel" teaser has been rated.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/man-steel

MAN OF STEEL

TYPE Trailer

APPROVED RUNNING TIME 1m 23s

DIRECTORS Zack Snyder

CUT This work was passed uncut.

Classified date(s) 11/03/2013



Seems to be a teaser for a trailer. Probably similar to the Star Trek Into Darkness teaser

__________________
THRILLER
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #119
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite
 
G.Godfrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,101
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So....new trailer/teaser when?
It's most likely the old teaser simply on some new Warners video release. New trailer next month...probably.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #120
gomez147
You're not just anyone
 
gomez147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So....new trailer/teaser when?
I think 2 weeks maximum, the 2nd trailer (December 14) was rated in December 6

It can't be the same original teaser, as it was 1:28, this one is 1:23

gomez147 is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #121
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,679
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
It's most likely the old teaser simply on some new Warners video release. New trailer next month...probably.
You just love to sink my hopeful ships don't ya?lol

Me: New Photos?

You: Not until Friday

Me: New Trailer?

You: Not until April


I see a pattern here..lol

herolee10 is online now  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #122
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Haddonfield
Posts: 41,425
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I would agree with this. Although you can use similar story elements without being a nostalgia piece. I mean Superman Returns was clearly trying remind people of the Donner films. Even going as far as reusing lines.
Oh absolutely. I'm not saying it is an exact remake, but there is too much there to just ignore it. That's all I'm saying; and again, it doesn't mean the movie is bad because of it.

__________________

Showtime is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #123
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite
 
G.Godfrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,101
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You just love to sink my hopeful ships don't ya?lol

Me: New Photos?

You: Not until Friday

Me: New Trailer?

You: Not until April


I see a pattern here..lol
It's for your own good, trust me. Im here to help.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #124
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite
 
G.Godfrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,101
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post

It can't be the same original teaser, as it was 1:28, this one is 1:23
Take away the green intro and it fits. Well, in any case, I bet it's nothing new or if it is, it's not at all exciting.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #125
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Haddonfield
Posts: 41,425
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
And this is the exact stuff I am talking about. Being difficult to be difficult.

First, Batman '89 wasn't a proper origin. Second, bringing up Alfred is ridiculous. He isn't a villain and is obviously a staple of any Batman film. Zod is very specific. Very specific. Third, fine Batman Begins has some similarities to '89. I haven no problem in admitting that. I don't see it as a problem.

You are better at this then me.
You're doing fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't see the big deal with Zod and co. being in the film. Ledger's Joker wasn't the first on-screen Joker and certainly won't be the last.
It's not a big deal necessarily, it's just there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment do to wanting to dissociate with anything that came before this film. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Yeah, well it kinda is S:TM and SII combined. How many similarities exist between the two remains to be seen but the basic components are there, no doubt about it.
It's the skeleton of the film. The backbone.

__________________

Showtime is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.