The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #101
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
It's mad to me that we're 3 months away and we still don't really officially know who all the villains are in this...
Star Trek doesn't officially know the one (at least that is advertised) villain and that comes out a month earlier.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #102
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The distributor of this trailer is Warner Home Video Ltd. For the full trailer back in December, it was Warner Brothers Entertainment UK Ltd

Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #103
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It is more about how many react to this being in anyway similar to Donner's film/s. MoS was being touted as something completely brand new, that wouldn't touch the same material.
It would be impossible to not use the same materials at all because both Donner and Snyder are taking from the comics.

What Snyder and others said was that it's a new beginning that didn't reference or continue past tellings. The approach is new and the storyline is a new continuity. It's still Superman so of course some of the material is the same. They never said it would be completely different/brand new. In fact, they said it would still be recognizable as Superman and have the same core essence that he always had.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #104
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
May not be a true trailer. The comment on the site says

"The version of this work detailed above is rated by the BBFC under the Video Recordings Act 1984 for use on any Packaged Media format (including DVD, Blu-ray and VHS). This classification may also be used when the same work is made available on Digital Video Platforms (including Video On Demand) provided that the platform is licenced to use BBFC ratings."

Might just be a teaser to be included on VoD services or something. Or it may be included with "Superman: Unbound"

I don't know much about the BBFC ratings, stumbled upon this while looking through their ratings guide for some info.
That's what it probably is. A teaser, or maybe THE teaser that will be included with a Blu-Ray/DVD. Probably with Superman: Unbound like you mentioned. Don't expect any action with the U rating (same with the first
teaser). It even says "Distributor: Warner Home Video Ltd".

Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #105
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
It would be impossible to not use the same materials at all because both Donner and Snyder are taking from the comics.

What Snyder and others said was that it's a new beginning that didn't reference or continue past tellings. The approach is new and the storyline is a new continuity. It's still Superman so of course some of the material is the same.
That it is a origin and has Zod is very specific to the first two films. How are we acting like this isn't the case?

Also more talking fan reaction.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #106
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
That it is a origin and has Zod is very specific to the first two films. How are we acting like this isn't the case?
Nolan used Alfred in Batman origins does that mean he's copying Burton?

Have you seen the movie? We don't know how different things will play out yet or how different Zod is this time around.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #107
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Also more talking fan reaction.
I think because some are considering it a negative against the film, if one were to get on board with the fact there are very obvious similarities.

It wasn't a must that the origin story feature, three Kryptonian villians invading a small town that Superman has to stop. Sure it's not EXACT, but to act like it isn't there at all is incorrect.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #108
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Nolan used Alfred in Batman origins does that mean he's copying Burton?

Have you seen the movie? We don't know how different things will play out yet or how different Zod is this time around.
And this is the exact stuff I am talking about. Being difficult to be difficult.

First, Batman '89 wasn't a proper origin. Second, bringing up Alfred is ridiculous. He isn't a villain and is obviously a staple of any Batman film. Zod is very specific. Very specific. Third, fine Batman Begins has some similarities to '89. I haven no problem in admitting that. I don't see it as a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I think because some are considering it a negative against the film, if one were to get on board with the fact there are very obvious similarities.

It wasn't a must that the origin story feature, three Kryptonian villians invading a small town that Superman has to stop. Sure it's not EXACT, but to act like it isn't there at all is incorrect.
You are better at this then me.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #109
Travesty
TEOL

I dunno, fanboii, that's a very strange comparison.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #110
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I found this:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/dark-...ng-city-street

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/hobbi...cted-journey-2

These are DVD extra contents and both are distributed by Warner Home Video Ltd

Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #111
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I dunno, fanboii, that's a very strange comparison.
Not if you look at Zod as part of the origin.

If you're going to start the story in Krypton, then Zod is there.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #112
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I don't see the big deal with Zod and co. being in the film. Ledger's Joker wasn't the first on-screen Joker and certainly won't be the last.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #113
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't see the big deal with Zod and co. being in the film. Ledger's Joker wasn't the first on-screen Joker and certainly won't be the last.
It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment do to wanting to dissociate with anything that came before this film. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 03-12-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #114
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did Donner really invent the story? I would be surprised if it wasn't in the comics first.
The template for the story was obviously from the DC comics. However it's all Donner who crafted and created Superman The Movie. It was his touch that made the movie what it was and him by serendipity got Christopher Reeve who gave the titular character such a larger than life screen presence. Just think about what the original man that the Salkind had in mind for this, Guy Hamilton would have done. Hamilton was known mostly for making James Bond films, his last being "The Man with the Golden Gun" couple of years before filming began on Superman. Fortunately, the British taxman kept him away from filming in the UK. So Donner came on board, along with writers Tom Mankiewicz, David & Leslie Newman, they discarded Mario Puzo's 500 pages script and retooled it. By most account, Puzo's script was horrible. lol.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #115
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.
Yeah, well it kinda is S:TM and SII combined. How many similarities exist between the two remains to be seen but the basic components are there, no doubt about it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #116
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post

I would agree with this. Although you can use similar story elements without being a nostalgia piece. I mean Superman Returns was clearly trying remind people of the Donner films. Even going as far as reusing lines.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #117
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So....new trailer/teaser when?

Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #118
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
New "Man of Steel" teaser has been rated.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/man-steel

MAN OF STEEL

TYPE Trailer

APPROVED RUNNING TIME 1m 23s

DIRECTORS Zack Snyder

CUT This work was passed uncut.

Classified date(s) 11/03/2013

Seems to be a teaser for a trailer. Probably similar to the Star Trek Into Darkness teaser

Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #119
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's most likely the old teaser simply on some new Warners video release. New trailer next month...probably.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #120
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
I think 2 weeks maximum, the 2nd trailer (December 14) was rated in December 6

It can't be the same original teaser, as it was 1:28, this one is 1:23

Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #121
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
It's most likely the old teaser simply on some new Warners video release. New trailer next month...probably.
You just love to sink my hopeful ships don't ya?lol

Me: New Photos?

You: Not until Friday

Me: New Trailer?

You: Not until April

I see a pattern here..lol

Old 03-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #122
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I would agree with this. Although you can use similar story elements without being a nostalgia piece. I mean Superman Returns was clearly trying remind people of the Donner films. Even going as far as reusing lines.
Oh absolutely. I'm not saying it is an exact remake, but there is too much there to just ignore it. That's all I'm saying; and again, it doesn't mean the movie is bad because of it.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #123
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
You just love to sink my hopeful ships don't ya?lol

Me: New Photos?

You: Not until Friday

Me: New Trailer?

You: Not until April

I see a pattern here..lol
It's for your own good, trust me. Im here to help.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #124
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post

It can't be the same original teaser, as it was 1:28, this one is 1:23
Take away the green intro and it fits. Well, in any case, I bet it's nothing new or if it is, it's not at all exciting.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #125
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
And this is the exact stuff I am talking about. Being difficult to be difficult.

First, Batman '89 wasn't a proper origin. Second, bringing up Alfred is ridiculous. He isn't a villain and is obviously a staple of any Batman film. Zod is very specific. Very specific. Third, fine Batman Begins has some similarities to '89. I haven no problem in admitting that. I don't see it as a problem.

You are better at this then me.
You're doing fine.

Quote:
It's not a big deal necessarily, it's just there.

Quote:
It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment do to wanting to dissociate with anything that came before this film. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.
Yes.

Quote:
Yeah, well it kinda is S:TM and SII combined. How many similarities exist between the two remains to be seen but the basic components are there, no doubt about it.
It's the skeleton of the film. The backbone.

Closed Thread