The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: Which villain do you prefer, which one is better?
The Joker 74 78.72%
Bane 20 21.28%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Joker (The Dark Knight) vs. Bane (TDKR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So you wanted the big picture to be just like Knightfall to make you like the idea of Bane beating Batman or what? What happens in TDKR fits just fine, imo: Bane defeated a weakened Batman such as he does in Knightfall.
It is not the same thing. Beating a weakened man that YOU yourself weakened on purpose and beating a weakened man that was already weakened from the beginning due to reasons that have nothing to do with you are two completely different things.

I wanted the big picture to be Bane either taking down Batman at his prime all by himself or Bane being the reason to why Bruce is weakened in the first place and then taking him down. Then it would've had the same impact on people that it did in the comics.

If you didn't mind, then that's fine with me but I personally did.

Quote:
So he doesn't do anything to show his physicality between his first return and his bout against Bane, but he DID show his intelligence blending into the shadows as well as his agility against the regular LoS thugs before he met up with Bane.
That's still not enough. Blending into the shadows and taking down a few thugs is not exactly a Batman at his peak, especially since we've seen him do so many more impressive things in the previous 2 movies like taking down a whole SWAT team at the end of TDK.

Also, we still don't know if those were LoS thugs. If you think about it, the LoS doesn't appear at any point in the movie. Bane's mercenaries do appear but they're referred to as "Bane's mercenaries" the whole time and they don't even look like how the LoS looked like in Batman Begins. The only reference we get to the LoS being in the movie is Bane and Talia saying that they (Bane and Talia respectively) are the LoS but the LoS itself never makes an appearance and if Bane's mercenaries are supposed to be the LoS, then that is never made clear.

Quote:
Where do you get the idea that Bruce retired because of his physical shape?
I never believed that to be the case but that is one of the reasons the Nolanites like to throw around to justify Bruce hanging up the cape and cowl. I never believed that to be the case since he showed more than enough physical endurance to continue throughout the movie.

Heck, I never bought the idea that Bruce is really that severely injured. Yes, I know that he is supposed to be severely injured and crippled since the movie makes a big deal out of that but I still don't know where exactly he got those injuries because the movie never explains it and I don't buy that it was from that fall in TDK either.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote