Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #451
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
I got a lot of stuff right too... It's just all mixed in there with the wilder theories and speculations. Iron Baby definitely won't happen in the movies, I was just saying it might happen in the comics...

lately I've been trying to be a little more direct.
I was one of the first to say Szostak could be Bethany Cabe and that I knew that was a distinct possibility, the only other possibility besides Wasp...
I did bet you my left nut that she would be Wasp, but luckily I've collected a couple extra ones for being right about other things in the past.

She is Cabe. But with shades of Brandt.

But I think they could have changed something, i.e. More Brandt than Cabe... but like a hybrid of both characters and working for SWORD... SWORD or Wasp is the connection they're hiding to phase 2 with her character being small but important. It's really the SWORD thing they wanna keep under wraps with Cabe-Brandt. They've sort of combined them into one character. My info comes from early in the process. It will always be half-wrong half-right when I don't add speculation to it. And will always change when decisions are made before it's brought to screen, they have to allow room for the individual directors to tell their stories, so they plan a couple ways to drop in small but important characters... Lots of times I go overboard with my speculation on purpose.

I pop in and out and try not to speculate on things that are already guessed or completely known.
To your credit you've figured out a lot of plot twists and everything on your own. You specifically. There's not much left to speculate on for this movie... except for some of the stuff that will be sort of hidden, like when Feige was saying you might need to see the movie a couple times.

I think the people Tony shoots with that gun in the trailer are being disabled by it, with a sort of electro magnetic pulse. Just saying, not sure if anyone's speculated that yet.
it's already confirmed she's BRANDT not CABE. BRANDT is a AIM agent... and has no connection with SWORD.. that's AGENT BRAND not the same person

you are a speculator.. with nothing more. If you were really told info... than ALOT has changed since then and it has no merrit. you're not getting updates on your source.. so call what you post for what it is.. pure speculation. It's no longer any inside truth or relevance.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 03-14-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #452
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Kevin Feige: On Iron Man 3, Pepper Potts, and Marvel's Family Appeal
http://kidstvmovies.about.com/od/Iro....htm?r=twitter

Quote:
The love triangle in this movie is really between Tony, Pepper and the suits. Tony, Pepper and his obsession with those suits, and the obsession with technology. And, it’s sort of unique for a big superhero summer blockbuster franchise to have that kind of layers.
Yes, there’s a bad guy. Yes, the stakes are very, very high--the President of the United States is in danger. Air Force One is attacked. There are big stakes to this movie. But the real stakes are, is Tony going to be able to set aside the obsession to spend all day, every day in that workshop, tinkering with the suits in order to focus on, as he says in the trailer, the one thing that matters most - Pepper. And that actually is what the entire movie’s about.
On Pepper suiting up
Quote:
I will tell you this. In this movie [Iron Man 3] we play with the convention of the damsel in distress. We are bored by the damsel in distress. But, sometimes we need our hero to be desperate enough in fighting for something other than just his own life. So, there is fun to be had with "Is Pepper in danger or is Pepper the savior?" over the course of this movie.
In terms of where we go with future movies, we’ll see. In the comic books she does get a taste for the suit and becomes her own hero named Rescue, who doesn’t necessarily battle other people, but is on missions to help people and to save people. Will we do that down the line with Gwyneth Paltrow? Who knows. But her being in the suit is something we have been playing with since Iron Man 2, where we did some designs and it didn’t end up fitting in that movie. But the little taste you saw here [in an Iron Man 3 clip] is something that we’re certainly interested in.
On family appeal
Quote:
In terms of the marketing of this movie, if you go back and look at the marketing of Avengers, it promises a much darker movie than the movie actually is. The movie is much more fun than the trailer would show. Same thing with this. This trailer is--he’s being blown apart, his life is at stake, how will he get out of it? The movie is much, much more fun than that, but that’s what gets people into the audience.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #453
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
They're playing a large role in both Im3 and Cap 2.. possibly Avengers 2 as well
is this speculation or has it actually been stated?

Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #454
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
LokiD

Wut r u doin

LokiD

Stahp
Yes, please.

There's a lot of people, here and on several other sites' commentaries, who don't have a clue who Ellen Brandt is, and they keep mistakenly thinking it's either Abigail Brand or Betty Brant. She's neither of those. And neither of those make any kind of sense in the context of Szostak's scenes in the trailers. (Not to mention the fact that Fox and Sony are more likely to have the rights to those two characters than Marvel Studios anyway.)

Ellen Brandt has been independently "confirmed" from at least two sources now. Ellen Brandt makes *sense* in the context of Szostak's scenes in the trailers. AIM employee: check. South Florida (maybe even Citrusville? hope so, for easter eggs' sake): check.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #455
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
is this speculation or has it actually been stated?
i'm pretty sure it's been brought up before. But the fact that AIM is being featured using extremis as a super-soldier program and infiltrating the White House essentially with Iron Patriot and apparently giving us a vice pres (who becomes president) with ties to AIM REALLY adds to the fact it's been said Cap2 is a "political thriller". Add in what we know about cap2 (winter soldier, zola, crossbones and the writers stating they would love to add MODOK in the sequel) I think it's beyond obvious AIM is playing a role in Cap2.

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #456
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Does even Jagua believe LokiD at this point? lol

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #457
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Reading Feige's interview here it sure does sound close to what /co/ spoiler guy was talking about with Pepper breaking up with Tony because of how obsessed he was with his armors.

Quote:
“The love triangle in this movie is really between Tony, Pepper and the suits. Tony, Pepper and his obsession with those suits, and the obsession with technology. And, it’s sort of unique for a big superhero summer blockbuster franchise to have that kind of layers. Yes, there’s a bad guy. Yes, the stakes are very, very high--the President of the United States is in danger. Air Force One is attacked. There are big stakes to this movie. But the real stakes are, is Tony going to be able to set aside the obsession to spend all day, every day in that workshop, tinkering with the suits in order to focus on, as he says in the trailer, the one thing that matters most - Pepper. And that actually is what the entire movie’s about.”

Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #458
protocida
Side-Kick

Interesting.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #459
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Reading Feige's interview here it sure does sound close to what /co/ spoiler guy was talking about with Pepper breaking up with Tony because of how obsessed he was with his armors.
That seems kinda dumb. The real stakes of the film are whether Tony will decide to spend more time in the workshop or more time with his girlfriend? Truly this will be an epic for the ages.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #460
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I always thought the theme about this one was wether Iron Man makes Tony, or vice versa.

Guess not. Lol

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #461
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Is LokiD Roger Wardell or something?

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #462
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i'm pretty sure it's been brought up before. But the fact that AIM is being featured using extremis as a super-soldier program and infiltrating the White House essentially with Iron Patriot and apparently giving us a vice pres (who becomes president) with ties to AIM REALLY adds to the fact it's been said Cap2 is a "political thriller". Add in what we know about cap2 (winter soldier, zola, crossbones and the writers stating they would love to add MODOK in the sequel) I think it's beyond obvious AIM is playing a role in Cap2.
I'd be surprised if a lot of what happened in IM3 isn't mentioned in Cap2, but I just didn't think it was stated. but I agree that they will probably at least allude to it

Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #463
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Maybe it's less about the obsession with the suits, and more about improving the technology for the military and Stark Industries, keeping the peace by using the weapons/suits as deterrents for future attacks, and using the technology for philanthropic deeds, powering cities and providing the energy of the future.

But hey, it can be like any other obsession. I am sure guys have blown relationships because they were too into cars, or video games, or sports, etc. Habits potentially every bit as addicting as alcohol or drugs when taken to the extreme.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #464
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well it IS a speculation thread you guys. lol Let LokiD assume anything as long as he's not insisting it's the truth.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #465
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Well it IS a speculation thread you guys. lol Let LokiD assume anything as long as he's not insisting it's the truth.
agrees completely...

lokiD has never claimed to know "everything" just that he knows what characters they want to use.. he just doesnt know where, why or how. All he's ever been doing is speculating.

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #466
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

thats the vibe I am getting from the trailer scene where tony says "one thing i need to protect" to pepper. sounds like that is when they are "arguing"

Old 03-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #467
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
he often claims to have to have insider knowledge and also claims to know some things with certainty...he's quieted down with that recently after being proven wrong a few times. There is speculation and then there is BSing

Old 03-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #468
ctsketch
Side-Kick

to re-iterate, I actually have no problem with what LokiD posts or speculates, I DO have a problem with him claiming insider info and back peddling when we find out he is wrong or something changes

Old 03-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #469
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I like all of LokiD's speculations, fun to read. And I do believe he has a source but the source only knows big picture ideas not ground breaking details.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #470
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
he often claims to have to have insider knowledge and also claims to know some things with certainty...he's quieted down with that recently after being proven wrong a few times. There is speculation and then there is BSing
i think he just needs to start reiterating "this is the way i see it" "this is what I think" etc in his posts... not this "well i like throwing false info out there to not get my friend in trouble" crap, and say "well with what my source told me She will become this and that plays a huge role in this, etc.."

if he's just speculating.. he needs to make it obvious

[=]
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #471
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well remember how much grief we gave the one Guy who had the cell pic of Thanos makeup?
As long as they can't back up what they're claiming it's nothing but a rumor, same goes for FUZZY pictures

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #472
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I believed LokiD cause of what he's told me personally, which as I have said, has stayed consistant, and competely differed from the speculaion he said in the boards. I believed him because it was more personal, he told me things that he hasn't even remotely touched upon here, and those things never ONCE changed like his speculation. So that gave me reasons to believe him. So whatever happens, happens, and we'll see. Either way, this movie is less than2 months and its gunna be awesome lol

Old 03-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #473
jyd_me
Side-Kick

Could this be one of the armors in the movie? This was from one of the Iron Man skins for Marvel Heroes.

edit: I see that it's the Marvel Now! Armor... so chances of appearing in the movie are slim.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #474
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

So what jagua99? I mean he believed Stoszak is Wasp which she obviously isn't.

- CM Punk
Old 03-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #475
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I still have blind faith Stoszak is Wasp.