Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #626
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
I was enjoying the series until the Fummoffu season. At that point I honestly just didn't want to see anything FMP again, lol. That season of the show just ruined the series for me. If they ever come out with another more serious season again I might give it another try. It's a shame too, as I was enjoying the series right before they plopped the hero in a giant robo-teddy suit every episode.
Heh. You haveta' sort of treat it like you're watching it with your kid then, because it gets silly. But there is some funny stuff in there. And like I mentioned, it also becomes probably more of a girls' show....not being dismissive, but just with the romance stuff.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 02-14-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #627
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I'm done with Sword Art Online. It was cool, the idea behind it is really interesting, but so different from what I thought it would be. I figured we would see more of a group of people trying to level up while aquiring new ways to defeat the bosses and win the game, but instead it felt to me like a soap opera. We got two moments where they faced the main bosses of the tower, then immediately defeated the last one before its time, which was supposed to be stronger and the game was over. Then we get another game and rather weird plot of "sister" loving the "brother" and the villain almost raping the girl, which wasn't as engaging anymore since they couldn't die in real life.

It had some good battles though, but the story, in my opinion, was just weird. Maybe I wasn't prepared for this. I got something different from what I expected, but not in a good way.

I don't know what my next anime is going to be. I need ideas.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #628
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwraith View Post
This.

And to top it off the voice acting is top-notch, in Japanese at least. Doubt it will be brought over Stateside though.
Yea...

Though I'm wondering what the whole deal with season 2 is. Some people said that the "preview" was just a spoof, and some other annoyingly unconfirmed sources say that the second season is coming this summer. I'm just not gonna get my hopes up and find the manga.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #629
ssj wolverine
Plenty have tried pal!!

Berserk episode 1. Not bad. Old school anime. Swords, demons, blood. There were only 25 eps, so I should be able to knock this out in a few weeks.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #630
Lord
All Mighty

Hunter X Hunter Episode 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #631
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shurabasugiru ep9
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ep9
Magi ep 20-21

Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #632
Lucien
Bozhe Moi

First 3 episodes of One Piece. Decided to give this a shot and its pretty enjoyable so far. If I didn't know better I would've sworn Akira Toriyama had made a pirate show because the similarities to Dragonball are mad. Definitely want to see more but im more than a little put off by the episode count.

Also the first 3 episodes of Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day. Absolutely beautiful series so far, and it's had me crying already.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #633
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
First 3 episodes of One Piece. Decided to give this a shot and its pretty enjoyable so far. If I didn't know better I would've sworn Akira Toriyama had made a pirate show because the similarities to Dragonball are mad. Definitely want to see more but im more than a little put off by the episode count.

Also the first 3 episodes of Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day. Absolutely beautiful series so far, and it's had me crying already.
It'll only get better
I advise you to take your time with the show, you don't need to watch 600 episodes in a row, while the filler is normally relativelly short, if you don't want to watch it then you should skip some, the only that really matters is around episodes 50 and spans some 5 episodes, it's important because it contains some very important canonical stuff they inserted inside the filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #634
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Watched the first episode of Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 03-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #635
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

5 episodes into Steins;Gate and my heart is pounding and my brain is exploding. I love this series already. It's a crime that it has taken me this long to see this.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #636
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
5 episodes into Steins;Gate and my heart is pounding and my brain is exploding. I love this series already. It's a crime that it has taken me this long to see this.
English sub or dub?

Because even though I love the original language, the English Dub is so special in its own right.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 03-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #637
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The English dub. It's so incredible.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 03-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #638
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Done watching Steins; Gate. My mind was taken through a voyage of stress and anxiety I haven't felt like that watching any other series before it and I'll admit it had my eyes looking like waterfalls throughout a few episodes.

Quite possibly one of the best pieces of sci fi to grace reality (or at least this world line ). Simply extrodinary this show. The English dub by the way was immaculate. Some of the best performances I've heard in a while.

Breathtaking.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #639
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Done watching Steins; Gate. My mind was taken through a voyage of stress and anxiety I haven't felt like that watching any other series before it
About a year ago or so, I was looking up some new anime to watch, and I think somewhere or someone online suggested Steins;Gate. So, I thought, "What the heck", and decided to give it a whirl.

Needless to say, I was not disappointed.

I'm on episode 13 of the dub, and it's as fresh as the day I first watched it. It's like a whole new experience.

Quote:
and I'll admit it had my eyes looking like waterfalls throughout a few episodes.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah, I've a had a couple of those. I love when Mayuri tells the story about how she wished for Okabe's fever to go away when he was young. It's so simple, yet effective. It really got to me because I have siblings of my own.

Another is at the end of episode 12, when Mayuri is shot. J. Michael Tatum's performance in the English Dub makes that moment even more heartbreaking. ("What the hell is this???")

I'm sure I'll have some more of those moments again as I continue watching the dub.

Quote:
Quite possibly one of the best pieces of sci fi to grace reality (or at least this world line ). Simply extrodinary this show. The English dub by the way was immaculate. Some of the best performances I've heard in a while.
I love the English Dub. The scripts maintains the original intent, but does it's own thing with it. You can tell Mr. Tatum had a very fun time writing the script (the Doctor Who reference's! ).

The VA's in the English Dub also work very well. They're different from the Japanese VA's, but they still fit they're character's, particularly J. Michael Tatum as Okabe and newcomer Jackie Ross as Mayuri (Her performance fits the character to a tee). Even Tyson Rinehart makes a great Daru! And their voices sound so natural to the characters, you swear the anime was done here in the U.S. first.

In the end, though, I like both, so I can't choose one over the other. It's like choosing a favorite flavor of ice cream. They're both great for different reasons. It's the same reason I love Fullmetal Alchemist.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #640
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
About a year ago or so, I was looking up some new anime to watch, and I think somewhere or someone online suggested Steins;Gate. So, I thought, "What the heck", and decided to give it a whirl.

Needless to say, I was not disappointed.

I'm on episode 13 of the dub, and it's as fresh as the day I first watched it. It's like a whole new experience.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah, I've a had a couple of those. I love when Mayuri tells the story about how she wished for Okabe's fever to go away when he was young. It's so simple, yet effective. It really got to me because I have siblings of my own.

Another is at the end of episode 12, when Mayuri is shot. J. Michael Tatum's performance in the English Dub makes that moment even more heartbreaking. ("What the hell is this???")

I'm sure I'll have some more of those moments again as I continue watching the dub.

I love the English Dub. The scripts maintains the original intent, but does it's own thing with it. You can tell Mr. Tatum had a very fun time writing the script (the Doctor Who reference's! ).

The VA's in the English Dub also work very well. They're different from the Japanese VA's, but they still fit they're character's, particularly J. Michael Tatum as Okabe and newcomer Jackie Ross as Mayuri (Her performance fits the character to a tee). Even Tyson Rinehart makes a great Daru! And their voices sound so natural to the characters, you swear the anime was done here in the U.S. first.

In the end, though, I like both, so I can't choose one over the other. It's like choosing a favorite flavor of ice cream. They're both great for different reasons. It's the same reason I love Fullmetal Alchemist.
I agree with every word. I'll probably end up re watching it in Japanese at some point just so I can hear their performances. Both have gotten a lot of accolades from what I can tell.

The moments that made me lose it were: (Suzuha finding out Itaru was her father, Makise and Okabe confessing their love to one another and how they'd be together no matter the world line, & Mayrui's and Okabe's story was really sweet too that one hit me pretty hard as well).

It may be my favorite time travel (I feel calling it that is such an understatement as it's so much more) story. Everything about this was just so perfect.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #641
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Oh and the OST for this was just incredible. Especially this little melody that played at all the right moments.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #642
Project862006
Banned User

has anyone here ever seen "King Of Thorn" anime movie i saw it about a year ago and it was pretty damn awesome

Quote:
A mysterious virus, nicknamed Medusa, is spreading around Japan, turning its victims into stone. Given the impossibility of finding an immediate cure, the government opts for cryopreserving a select group of patients until they come up with a solution. Kasumi, one of the chosen ones, has been asleep for years and her awakening, more than a bed of roses, is a bed of thorns, and happens in the midst of total chaos where monstrous creatures lie in wait all around. Based on Yuji Iwahara's manga by the same name, King of Thorn puts animated images to a sensational cross between Aliens and the series Lost.
it is a very good intelligent sci fi survival film with several layers i can see comparisons to inception it deals with dreams of whats real and whats a dream highly recommended

Old 03-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #643
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I'll need to check that out. That title cover and synopsis alone look intriguing enough.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #644
Lucien
Bozhe Moi

Finished up Anohana and it was a joy to watch. 11 episodes was just the right amount for it to say what it wanted to.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #645
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke episode 1

Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #646
KevanG
Brony

SO I finally got around to watching Neon Genesis Evangelion over the last few days, including the End of Evangelion movie. I just have one thing to ask: What the hell?

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 03-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #647
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
SO I finally got around to watching Neon Genesis Evangelion over the last few days, including the End of Evangelion movie. I just have one thing to ask: What the hell?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #648
Nathan

Last thing Anime I watched, this clip.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #649
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

That was freaking hilarious.

Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #650
Nathan

I need to hunt that Anime down one of these days, because it's full of crazy nonsense like that.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Closed Thread