The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #626
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Well all of them were introduced before in the movies and none of them died in X3. I don't think it has something to do with staying true to the line-up of the comic version.

With Colossus coming back, the roster looks like what would FOX do if X4 was made after X3. Besides the 4 new cast members, all of the characters confirmed right now appeared in X3.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 03-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #627
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I don't care how full this cast is, I get super excited with the addition of every new actor. They got a lot of the big characters in this movie (still waiting on Scott and Jean!) and now they're getting into lesser known characters which is pretty cool.

The cast is coming together... now for more plot details.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #628
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Right now the future line-up is complete. I'd just like to have a better idea of who will be on the team in 1973.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #629
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope they announce who are the new characters soon!

Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #630
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well all of them were introduced before in the movies and none of them died in X3. I don't think it has something to do with staying true to the line-up of the comic version.
Why not?

They could have used the fan favourite Nightcrawler who almost everyone has been asking, same as Kelsey's Beast, or even Gambit.

Since the movie is set many years after X3, they wouldnt need to explain why some characters are there and why others arent.

But they have confirmed curiously 5 of the characters from the comics. It isnt just a coincidence.

Matthew, Singer and Kimberg could have left Kitty out, since Ellen only appear on one movie, as some fans said many times these past months, but they decided to included her. It should be for a reason, the biggest one because she is a pivotal role on the storyarc, and many fans would have been pissed if she was out of this big sequel.

We could say the same as Colossus, since he was just a large cameo on the trilogy.

We know Fox has made many wrong decisions during the decade, but some other decisions have been intentional, specially from Bryan, like using Havok, Beast and Banshee, even if some fans try hard to say otherwise.

And if Boo ends playing Thunderbird, that would be another example.

Only time will tell, once Singer starts doing interviews and on the DVD, talking about the characters they choosed.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #631
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Why not? They could have used the fan favourite Nightcrawler who almost everyone has been asking, same as Kelsey's Beast, or even Gambit. Since the movie is set many years after X3, they wouldnt need to explain why some characters are there and why others arent. But they have confirmed curiously 5 of the characters from the comics. It isnt just a coincidence.

Matthew, Singer and Kimberg could have left Kitty out, since Ellen only appear on one movie, as some fans said many times these past months, but they decided to included her. It should be for a reason, the biggest one because she is a pivotal role on the storyarc, and many fans would have been pissed if she was out of this big sequel. We could say the same as Colossus, since he was just a large cameo on the trilogy.
-Nightcrawler didn't appear in X3, if he appeared in X3 just like Colossus and Shadowcat. Singer would have probably already announced his comeback.
-Gambit wasn't part of the original trilogy and First Class.
-Beast joined the United Nations and it looked he left the X-Mansion and moved to DC.

Its obvious they aren't picking characters just because they are "fan-favorites". Watching the ending of X3, you can tell which mutants are going to comeback if they ever make a sequel and those are Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat and Colossus. And right now, all of them were already announced to comeback.

And this excuse of "oh its been years since First Class and X3, they wouldn't need to explain why they disappeared or why they cameback" is not good story-telling.

If you think they are really picking characters based on the comic-book version of DOFP, why haven't they announced an actor who could potentially play Rachel Summers and Franklin Richards. This movie is NOT gonna be a 100%% adaptation of the comic-book.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-15-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #632
Angamb
Banned User

pyslock, your points are really ridiculous, with all the respect.

We are talking about fans favourites Nightcrawler and Gambit!

what does if have to do if they appeared on X3 or not? This is another movie, set YEARS after that movie.

Singer/Fox are doing what THEY want to do. If Singer wanted Nightcrawler, he would be back, if Singer wanted Gambit, he would appear on this movie.

Did Bishop, Blink appear on X3? or even the storyarc on the comics? and Beast's joining the goverment is a reason for him to be out of the USA on this future, instead of helping mutants to survive? seriously?

so really bad points.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #633
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
dont you find really great how the core characters of the apocalyptic timeline from the comics are confirmed for the sequel?

Wolverine
Kitty
Storm
Magneto
and Colossus.

Many fans didnt thought that Kitty would be back, neither Colossus.

So we can already say that Kimberg, Matthew and Singer have respected this aspect of the comic, at least. So props to them
I have to admit...that did warmed my heart.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #634
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
pyslock, your points are really ridiculous, with all the respect. We are talking about fans favourites Nightcrawler and Gambit!

What does if have to do if they appeared on X3 or not? This is another movie, set YEARS after that movie. Singer/Fox are doing what THEY want to do. If Singer wanted Nightcrawler, he would be back, if Singer wanted Gambit, he would appear on this movie.

Did Bishop, Blink appear on X3? or even the storyarc on the comics? and Beast's joining the goverment is a reason for him to be out of the USA on this future, instead of helping mutants to survive? seriously?

so really bad points.
Its not ridiculous. If it is ridiculous, then why didn't Bryan Singer let those 2 comeback for this movie. Even if its been years since the last movie, they couldn't just include whoever they want in the movie because it would just raise questions like "what is Nightcrawler doing in DOFp when he was MIA in X3", "how did Gambit meet the X-Men, did Wolverine recruit him?", etc etc etc!

And you're already assuming that Bishop (this is not even confirmed) and Blink already joined the team. Who knows if at the start of the movie, the X-Men haven't met them. And if they are already in the team, there has to be a good reason for that.

You probably know better than the crew of DOFP, thats why most of your suggestions hasn't happened yet. Most of my suggestions already come to fruition - Colossus is coming back while, Jean, Cyke and Nightcrawler aren't. Plus that whole parent and son thing w/ Nightcrawler, Mystique and Azazel.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-15-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #635
The Shrike
Side-Kick

moved to other thread

Last edited by The Shrike; 03-16-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #636
Octoberist
point blank

As hot as Janurary Jones was in 'First Class' she was flat but I wouldn't mind her coming back. But if she doesn't it would be strange, since at the end of 'First Class', Magneto made the effort to break her free as a pivotal moment in the film.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #637
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

So...

Dark Future Cast:
Xavier (incorporeal / dreamscape form?)
Magneto (depowered)
Wolverine
Kitty Pryde
Storm
Colossus
Rogue
Ice-Man

[There's your sequel to X3 right there]

Old-Man Logan

[There's your sequel to the Wolverine spin-offs]

1970s X-Men

[Sequel to FC]

I am content.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Old 03-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #638
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
With Colossus coming back, the roster looks like what would FOX do if X4 was made after X3. Besides the 4 new cast members, all of the characters confirmed right now appeared in X3.
Except future Beast, and I wonder if Singer is planning on bringing him back for DOFP.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #639
Angamb
Banned User

back to the new actor, this would feel like a cool 70's team, adding just a new x-girl:

Seems unlikely at this point, tho. A bit sad to me, since I think Booboo fits the FC x-men pretty fine

Old 03-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #640
Airwings
Waves of air

Bring back Cameron Bright as well, and flesh out his role a little bit more.

Please, mr Singer

Old 03-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #641
BMM
Side-Kick

Flesh it out? I think Bright is done.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #642
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
As hot as Janurary Jones was in 'First Class' she was flat but I wouldn't mind her coming back. But if she doesn't it would be strange, since at the end of 'First Class', Magneto made the effort to break her free as a pivotal moment in the film.
i'm a bit mixed on it... Alot can happen in 10 years.. i don't expect either team to have the exact same roster.

but It'd be nice to see her back in a proper sequel

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #643
JP
Smelly

Jennifer Lawrence. Halle Berry. Anna Paquin. Ellen Page. Fan Bingbing.

This is one hell of a female roster. One of my few and extremely minor problems with Avengers was that it was a boys club. Nice to have a slew of exciting and interesting female roles.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #644
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Updated!

It's kewl to see it like that, thanks!

Old 03-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #645
Joaqenix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Jennifer Lawrence. Halle Berry. Anna Paquin. Ellen Page. Fan Bingbing.

This is one hell of a female roster. One of my few and extremely minor problems with Avengers was that it was a boys club. Nice to have a slew of exciting and interesting female roles.
Its a good start, but I really hope theres at least one more X-woman added to the cast. I feel like they have to add another female character to the First Class era, otherwise almost all of them are in the future timeline. Unless Kitty goes back I guess.

Still think it seems weird not to bring back Emma.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #646
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaqenix View Post
Its a good start, but I really hope theres at least one more X-woman added to the cast. I feel like they have to add another female character to the First Class era, otherwise almost all of them are in the future timeline. Unless Kitty goes back I guess.

Still think it seems weird not to bring back Emma.
I mean does it really matter which era the women appear in just as long as they're in the movie. It's like everyone is trying to achieve this perfect (unnatural balance)- so many of this in one era, so many of that in that era...and so on. I applaud them for having that many women in the movie- period! Having a woman in the 70s would be kewl, but it's not a necessity by by any means. I always felt that of all the big teams in comics Xmen was the most forward thinking and inclusive with their women characters. Glad to see that being reflected in this movie.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #647
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Updated!

Cool, I expect some of the last spots too be Havok and Banshee. They need X-men in the past as well to fight off whoever might be causing trouble. Would be weird if they are not there.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #648
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I don't expect to see Banshee. Maybe Havok.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #649
Joaqenix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCaliboi View Post
I mean does it really matter which era the women appear in just as long as they're in the movie. It's like everyone is trying to achieve this perfect (unnatural balance)- so many of this in one era, so many of that in that era...and so on. I applaud them for having that many women in the movie- period! Having a woman in the 70s would be kewl, but it's not a necessity by by any means. I always felt that of all the big teams in comics Xmen was the most forward thinking and inclusive with their women characters. Glad to see that being reflected in this movie.
Yeah, for sure X-Men is the most inclusive with female characters. And other groups as well. But because of that, I guess I hold them to a higher standard and 10+ male actors compared to only 5 female seems a bit off. But as long as the X-Women have quality parts I'm at peace! And please please give Storm a mohawk. Halle is rocking short hair right now anyways.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #650
MarvelU
Side-Kick

I want both in, they were cool character in First Class. Plus their powers were awesome too. Banshees flying x-suit was cool as well.

Closed Thread