The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #101
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Default Re: Last Days of Krypton: 100 Day Countdown to Man of Steel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Hmmmm... fair point...

But which two should continue on, and which should I leave?

I mean, Superman: Man of Steel makes sense to say, so shall I continue with that and just Action Comics?

Or shall I just carry on with what i've been doing, and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it?

What does everyone think?
I say keep on doing what you've been doing. Who knows, with WB, you may end up doing a JL countdown instead of a MOS sequel countdown. And besides, a sequel is the future, this is the present. But then again, I just like the current 4 cover style you're using so Im biased.

G.Godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #102
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Also, by the time we're 100 days away from the sequel there will most likely have been 100 issues of the New 52 Superman and Action Comics titles, and there are a few other titles like Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen that might be relevant for the sequel

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #103
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Or shall I just carry on with what i've been doing, and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it?

What does everyone think?
I like having all four myself! I vote continue...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #104
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I remember arguing to Brandon Routh fans what a reboot was and how I'd bet my mortgage that he wouldn't return (pun intended)! And who could forget the 'Superman will be older in the reboot' which sparked the Hamm for Superman rumors! I couldn't have asked for a better casting of Cavill! In fact, he's Superman so much to me already that I couldn't imagine this reboot without him!
man of steel will be huge and henry cavill is going to do for superman what hugh jackman has done for wolverine over the last decade go back and forth between his character and other big movie roles .

Last edited by snyderrocks; 03-15-2013 at 07:01 AM.
snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #105
Glassjaw
In training

Continue as is! We've had to make do with very little when it comes to MoS marketing so far, don't strip us of visuals when it comes to the countdown aswell

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #106
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Four....

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #107
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

days until Man of Steel!

The Man of Steel is watching you!!!!!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #108
Glassjaw
In training

Oh man this one made me chuckle.

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #109
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

That Man of Steel is watching you issue, anyone know the storyline in that one?

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #110
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

The Old covers collection is so much entertaining and well drawn, DC should publish a compilation of the old covers again, I am sure it will sell well !

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #111
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That Man of Steel is watching you issue, anyone know the storyline in that one?
I just read this one about 2 weeks ago. Superman: The Man of Steel #91. It's a pretty good single issue when nobody but the diehards were reading Superman back in the late 90's. Found it in the dollar bin.

In a nutshell, this man works in the toy industry and pitch's his new and improved "RISK" type board-game to a higher executive and claims it'll change the world and be the next big thing for kids that will make them think strategically.

He worked so hard on it but his bosses turn his idea down in a laughing manor because they say kids do different things like play video games in a new generation and that board games are a thing of the past.

It makes him snap. He becomes frighteningly paranoid that they are out to steal his idea and kick him to the curb.

When he was making this game, he was convinced Superman was working closely with the boss he hated to frame him and steal his ideas because he remembered the times when he would look out his window in Metropolis and Superman would always be flying by his window and checking out the perimeters and patrolling Metropolis of evil doers.

The man lost his marbles so bad that he thought Superman was stalking him and trying to gather information on his secrets to his board game and use it against him to get rich.

It's a pretty nifty story showing Superman doing everyday things (like stopping a thief from a purse snatching) as a guardian to Metropolis only to see this man's point of view on Superman's actions and how he thinks Supes and his bosses are out to get him. Cool read for sure!

Last edited by Tra-El; 03-15-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Tra-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #112
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in...type=1&theater

LeXcalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:04 AM   #113
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
The Old covers collection is so much entertaining and well drawn, DC should publish a compilation of the old covers again, I am sure it will sell well !
Are you kidding? They suck, where are the skulls, WHERE ARE THE SKULLS!

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #114
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

days until Man of Steel!

*\S/T*
Old 03-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #115
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

Shouldn't it be 89 days?

A.Stabelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #116
Kal-E
Side-Kick

I hope WB does along with the Thursday showings at 7/9 to show this movie couple of hours before midnight.

Kal-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #117
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
Shouldn't it be 89 days?
I go by this:

http://daycalc.appspot.com/06/14/2013

I've also counted it out by hand a number of times. I know the fb page is a day ahead of me, but i'm pretty damn sure I have it right.

If i'm wrong, I guess we'll all have a good laugh when it gets to those last days

*\S/T*
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #118
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

days until Man of Steel!

*\S/T*
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #119
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Whoa, it's already been 11 days since the start of this thread? Seems like yesterday!

Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #120
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I know, we're over a tenth of the way there!

*\S/T*
Old 03-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #121
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
I know, we're over a tenth of the way there!
Well now that you put it like that....I need a drink.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #122
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

days until Man of Steel!

*\S/T*
Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #123
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I just read this one about 2 weeks ago. Superman: The Man of Steel #91. It's a pretty good single issue when nobody but the diehards were reading Superman back in the late 90's. Found it in the dollar bin.

In a nutshell, this man works in the toy industry and pitch's his new and improved "RISK" type board-game to a higher executive and claims it'll change the world and be the next big thing for kids that will make them think strategically.

He worked so hard on it but his bosses turn his idea down in a laughing manor because they say kids do different things like play video games in a new generation and that board games are a thing of the past.

It makes him snap. He becomes frighteningly paranoid that they are out to steal his idea and kick him to the curb.

When he was making this game, he was convinced Superman was working closely with the boss he hated to frame him and steal his ideas because he remembered the times when he would look out his window in Metropolis and Superman would always be flying by his window and checking out the perimeters and patrolling Metropolis of evil doers.

The man lost his marbles so bad that he thought Superman was stalking him and trying to gather information on his secrets to his board game and use it against him to get rich.

It's a pretty nifty story showing Superman doing everyday things (like stopping a thief from a purse snatching) as a guardian to Metropolis only to see this man's point of view on Superman's actions and how he thinks Supes and his bosses are out to get him. Cool read for sure!
Thanks for posting that

Sounds good, will pick this one up when I get paid

88 days wow and just for the record on the Bizarro's World cover that series was superb.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #124
JOE

88 days... Wow. This movie is going to blow up these boards.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #125
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

days until Man of Steel!

*\S/T*